PDA

View Full Version : feedback

havoc
12-23-2007, 09:19 AM
i know some ppl like the 3/8-10 wood to wood joint because of feel and feed back.
and some like the 5/16-14 ss joint for the more forward balance and solid hit.

so my question is,with some q builders e.g. carolina customs using a 3/8-10 pin but with a ss joint,how is the hit of these cues?

are u getting a lil of both worlds?

RRfireblade
12-23-2007, 09:38 AM
The joint is only a minimal impact on balance IMO. There are ways to get the desired balance of a cue regardless of joint material used.

Personally , yes , I prefer the wood to wood feel and feedback greatly over SS. But it is and always will be a subjective thing for each person. You really have to find what you like in the 'hit' of any cue. Balance is another issue and not one I would pin on the joint alone. (pun intended ;) )

Jay.

dukeboy1977
12-23-2007, 09:47 AM
i know some ppl like the 3/8-10 wood to wood joint because of feel and feed back.
and some like the 5/16-14 ss joint for the more forward balance and solid hit.

so my question is,with some q builders e.g. carolina customs using a 3/8-10 pin but with a ss joint,how is the hit of these cues?

are u getting a lil of both worlds?

As long as you get the wood to wood contact, even using a s/s joint, you get the great feel/feedback...But you also get the good look of having a s/s joint. I prefer this style of a joint in my cues which is why I got it in my latest cue. Pics are in my signature if you haven't seen it yet. Merry Christmas, Jeff

edit: sorry, took it out I guess

havoc
12-23-2007, 09:52 AM
The joint is only a minimal impact on balance IMO. There are ways to get the desired balance of a cue regardless of joint material used.

Personally , yes , I prefer the wood to wood feel and feedback greatly over SS. But it is and always will be a subjective thing for each person. You really have to find what you like in the 'hit' of any cue. Balance is another issue and not one I would pin on the joint alone. (pun intended ;) )

Jay.

i was just listing some likes of each i have heard from different ppl.

as far as balance itself is concerned,i'm thinking i like heavier rear weighted cues. i just wanted to hear what ppl thought of the joining of two different joint styles.

RRfireblade
12-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Well 'feel' wise :) .

IMO , I've gotten away for SS mostly because to me , it seems to stifle the resonation of the cue thru the joint. I feel like either an Ivory or Phenolic joint allows the cue to transer the feel more thoroughly thru the joint and back to you. Might have to do with the additional mass there IDK.