PDA

View Full Version : Meucci cue question: is this plastic cover supposed to stay on?

Eturnal
12-23-2007, 04:34 PM
just got a meucci cue from someone, and i am pretty sure it is the same as this one: http://www.budgetcues.com/meucci-pool-cue-echo-1.htm

anyways, it has a plastic coating over the irish linen wrap that someone told me is supposaed to stay on- is this true?

because i would like to be able to actually feel the wrap instead of the thin plastic coating....anyone know what im talking about?

thanks

Neil
12-23-2007, 04:38 PM

jgpool
12-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Yes it stays on if you want it to. From what I have read here on this forum you can take it to a cuemaker and he can remove it for you. If that is your preference. I have one and I play with it on.

Eturnal
12-23-2007, 05:02 PM
thanks.

wonder what that costs

pletho
12-23-2007, 05:09 PM
The wrap stays on, it is intended for those who do not want to dirty their wraps, used with meucci white wraps, i think it may have originated from them for white wraps, or light colored, i believe it has to be rewraped to redew it anywhere from 50-100 depending on cuemaker??

Varney Cues
12-23-2007, 05:12 PM
The best option is to have that cheapo Moohie linen removed & just replace it with a quality irish linen wrap. $40-50-60 depends on what doctor you go to.:) Might want to get that hollow plastic ferrule replaced while you are at it...thats $30 for an unbreakable linen ferrule. Then of course you'll need a new premium tip as well...add another $25 for Tiger Everest.;) So finally thats about as good as your cue will play....unless...you want to get really exotic and upgrade it to a big fat blk G10 Radial pin and a new shaft.:D

Scott Lee
12-23-2007, 05:55 PM
I'd have to agree with Kevin here. The G-10 pin creates one of the best 'feeling' hits that I've ever played with...and I've played with one heck of a lot of cues over the years.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

So finally thats about as good as your cue will play....unless...you want to get really exotic and upgrade it to a big fat blk G10 Radial pin and a new shaft.:D

ribdoner
12-23-2007, 06:02 PM
The best option is to have that cheapo Moohie linen removed & just replace it with a quality irish linen wrap. $40-50-60 depends on what doctor you go to.:) Might want to get that hollow plastic ferrule replaced while you are at it...thats $30 for an unbreakable linen ferrule. Then of course you'll need a new premium tip as well...add another $25 for Tiger Everest.;) So finally thats about as good as your cue will play....unless...you want to get really exotic and upgrade it to a big fat blk G10 Radial pin and a new shaft.:D

Would swapping out the pin with a G10 make it a GOOCHIE?:confused:

On topic: jgpool hit the nail on the head:)

cubswin
12-23-2007, 06:06 PM

or you could sell the meucci and buy something else...

nasc
12-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Goochie.
That is funny.
Glen