PDA

View Full Version : Viking stop in Hickory

poolcuemaster
12-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Great tournament at Randolph's in Hickory NC this weekend put on by Mike Janis of the Viking pool tour. The winner of the open event was Mike Fuller who beat the second place finisher Larry Nevel twice today, once for the hotseat 7 to 3 and then again in the first set of a possible two set final. Mike Davis third and Ronny Park fourth. It was a cold and rainy day in Hickory so MJ gave everyone a good deal on the longsleeve Viking tour T shirts, the amateur tournament drew a good crowd also and was not finished when I left for home. I also got to meet a fellow NC AZer Woody Osburne(sp) so a very nice day. One more strange first time thing, one person bought all six of the top six winners in the callcutta so thats about like picking the right six numbers in the lottery.

Goodnight-- Leonard

Alfred Suddreth
12-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Leonard that was nice of you to give us a report on the tournament up in Hiclory. You are good about doing that, thanks my friend. I will talk with you tomorrow.

Varney Cues
12-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Hey Leonard did you bring me a Tshirt? XXL :)
What happened to Adam - Capps - Little T?

poolcuemaster
12-23-2007, 10:15 PM
The Pendley boys made it to the money so did Tony and Jeff Abernethy, I think Tony was fifth. I watched Tony giving Marcus the 7 and last two eight ahead for a dime for a few hours and Marcus had seven up twice, first time he broke to hard and scratched and TW won the next six racks. The next time Marcus was on the hill he missed and TW ran seven racks to get back even, when I left at 9:45 TW was up two or three games and it looks like he will have to outrun the mortal nuts.

Leonard

MikeJanis
12-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Great tournament at Randolph's in Hickory NC this weekend put on by Mike Janis of the Viking pool tour. The winner of the open event was Mike Fuller who beat the second place finisher Larry Nevel twice today, once for the hotseat 7 to 3 and then again in the first set of a possible two set final. Mike Davis third and Ronny Park fourth. It was a cold and rainy day in Hickory so MJ gave everyone a good deal on the longsleeve Viking tour T shirts, the amateur tournament drew a good crowd also and was not finished when I left for home. I also got to meet a fellow NC AZer Woody Osburne(sp) so a very nice day. One more strange first time thing, one person bought all six of the top six winners in the callcutta so thats about like picking the right six numbers in the lottery.

Goodnight-- Leonard

Leonard, thanks for coming to the event. I hope you enjoyed it.

Cotton was the guy the picked all top 6 winners in the Auction. That was the very 1st time in the history of the tour anybody has ever done that. He took the entire $2,500+ auction prize fund. Cotton also picked and won the 1st place Auction in the Amateur event. It was won by Hickory's own Chuck Ritchie.

Merry Christmas,

Mj

Mike Templeton
12-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Hey Mj,

I'll explain what happened when I see you in Atlanta. Let's just say, "I can't party like I used to". :eek:

Congratulations on the great turnout and great event.

Mike