PDA

View Full Version : most 9B racks run

asn130
12-24-2007, 12:02 AM
I'd like to know what's the most 9ball rack you've personally seen run. We all know about Earl running 10 at cj's in dallas for the 1mil. But i'm sure that sombody has seen more.

Also state what kind of table it was a barbox or 9footer.

UPlayLucky
12-24-2007, 12:26 AM
You can check past threads, this has been posted before

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=71942&highlight=racks+packs

sjm
12-24-2007, 12:31 AM
I assume we're talking about nine foot tables here.

Most I've witnessed is eight by Ralf Souquet. The fifteen pack by Niels Feijen, which ocurred during the warmup for a Eurotour event, is the longest I know of that had witnesses. Specifically, while preparing for the 4th Open Weert 9-Ball Championship event on October 29, 2003, in a challenge match against French player Donald Du Bois, Feijen broke and ran 15 consecutive 9-ball racks on a regulation 4 1/2 X 9' table.

Luther Lassiter was reputed to have run a twenty one pack, but nobody was able to attest to it, so it cannot be recognized.

Fatboy
12-24-2007, 01:06 AM
I was told by one pro he ran a 15 pack on a diamond table about 10 years ago, they were different then, i cant say his name(at his request) but i'll put my reputation on it, his best at 14.1 is just over 200. If he was gonna bull shit about his 9ball run i'm sure he would have his 14.1 run as well. Come to think of it its about 70% as many balls in rotation...WOW.

Best I have seen is Seigal run 7 once, but I got out of pool when the big runs were going on. SVB might be able to get 15 or more, I believe he is capable, there is an elemant of luck. I ran alot of 4's my break awalys stops me.:(

Duintje
12-24-2007, 01:59 AM
I assume we're talking about nine foot tables here.

Most I've witnessed is eight by Ralf Souquet. The fifteen pack by Niels Feijen, which ocurred during the warmup for a Eurotour event, is the longest I know of that had witnesses. Specifically, while preparing for the 4th Open Weert 9-Ball Championship event on October 29, 2003, in a challenge match against French player Donald Du Bois, Feijen broke and ran 15 consecutive 9-ball racks on a regulation 4 1/2 X 9' table.

Luther Lassiter was reputed to have run a twenty one pack, but nobody was able to attest to it, so it cannot be recognized.

Sorry, but Don du Bois is Dutch. He did witness the 15 pack Niels ran. They both knew that it could be some kind of record. So after rack 11 Don was almost chocking the rack :D

The Milk Man
12-24-2007, 02:24 AM
Archer ran 13 one year when in Toledo for the Glass City open. Year would have been 1993 or 1994. He was gambling with Busta race to 13 can't recall what the bet was. After Archer runs the 13 they flip to start the second set. Busta wins the flip and runs a 7 or 8 pack and wins the second set. If memory serves me they quit after the second set. The table was a Diamond Professional and Archer signed it after the set. For a long time it was table 7 or 8 at the old Glass City Billiards

JoeyA
12-24-2007, 07:07 PM
I was told by one pro he ran a 15 pack on a diamond table about 10 years ago, they were different then, i cant say his name(at his request) but i'll put my reputation on it, his best at 14.1 is just over 200. If he was gonna bull shit about his 9ball run i'm sure he would have his 14.1 run as well. Come to think of it its about 70% as many balls in rotation...WOW.

Best I have seen is Seigal run 7 once, but I got out of pool when the big runs were going on. SVB might be able to get 15 or more, I believe he is capable, there is an elemant of luck. I ran alot of 4's my break awalys stops me.:(

You always put it out there Fatboy. I like that. My best if 5 racks at 9 ball but that was several years ago. If I make it past Jay, you got action. I don't want to mess with the thunder until I get past the lightning. :D
JoeyA

Oh yeah, and I haven't run lots of fours either. :-)

ironman
12-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Danny Medina ran 15 on a real tight table at Table Stakes in Denver.

sjm
12-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Sorry, but Don du Bois is Dutch. He did witness the 15 pack Niels ran. They both knew that it could be some kind of record. So after rack 11 Don was almost chocking the rack :D

Thanks. My mistake.

stevekur1
12-24-2007, 11:08 PM
John Schmidt strung 9 against me for the cash in a race to 9 he gave me the 5 and out, so basically i paid him $50 bucks so i can rack for him.....

I Am such a sucker!

branpureza
12-24-2007, 11:21 PM
John Schmidt strung 9 against me for the cash in a race to 9 he gave me the 5 and out, so basically i paid him $50 bucks so i can rack for him.....

I Am such a sucker!

at least you got his license plate.

Ron Cook
12-25-2007, 03:18 AM
Play the same game and get the breaks, and then he would be doing all the racking! To allow any spot to work for you, you have to get all the breaks, and that will then shut down Johnny putting packs on you! If a player can really run racks like John can you really don't have the spot you thought you had without the breaks.

jay helfert
12-25-2007, 05:12 AM
For many years in the 60's and 70's, the story that circulated was of Lassiter once running 17 racks. Most of the old timers accepted it as gospel. I don't think he ever denied it, but Luther was not the type to brag.

Double-Dave
12-25-2007, 05:24 AM
There's a German player who claims to have run 35 racks of 9-ball.
He has a witness who backs him up, but still....35 racks that's alot.

Souquet has run 27 racks of 8-ball, he for sure doesn't seem like the bragging type.

gr. Dave

ironman
12-25-2007, 06:49 AM
There's a German player who claims to have run 35 racks of 9-ball.
He has a witness who backs him up, but still....35 racks that's alot.

Souquet has run 27 racks of 8-ball, he for sure doesn't seem like the bragging type.

gr. Dave

These feats should be on Ripleys Believe it or not!!!

SCCues
12-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Archer ran 13 one year when in Toledo for the Glass City open. Year would have been 1993 or 1994. He was gambling with Busta race to 13 can't recall what the bet was. After Archer runs the 13 they flip to start the second set. Busta wins the flip and runs a 7 or 8 pack and wins the second set. If memory serves me they quit after the second set. The table was a Diamond Professional and Archer signed it after the set. For a long time it was table 7 or 8 at the old Glass City Billiards
I'm pretty sure i'm correct in saying the bet was race to 13 for $5000. Johnny ran 13 racks and wins the set and Bustamante asks Johnny if he wanted to double the bet after Johnny just ran 13 racks. Johnny doubled the bet and then lost the next set to Bustamante!

Can you imagine a guy confident enough in his ability to want to double a $5000 bet against a guy who just ran 13 racks on a Diamond table! Now that's confidence......

James