PDA

View Full Version : Running the table

Tommyd1
12-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Delete...........................................

ironman
12-25-2007, 10:06 AM
I usually don't post here, but I have to say, I got the new book Running the Table for a Christmas gift and I really enjoyed it.

I woke up during the night to finish it. It beats re-reading all of my pool magazines.

The story was very good. I wish Danny all the best and thanks for the book.

Guy's and ladies, check it out, you'll probably enjoy it.

Merry Christmas to all :D

Tommyd1 ;)

Just finished it last night myself.

It's funny but as in most books littlethings are left out, but when he went to Shreveport with Gary Abood, he actually ended up in San Antonio with a couple of backers named Charlie and Eddie from around S-port and came into Bananas Billiards.

I ended up playing Danny some $200 sets, not knowing who hw was, but felt kind of funny about it all the while.

He was an entertaining to say the least. That Jersy accent had everyone in the pool room just rolling

At one point he looked at old Charlie and said, Hey Chahlie I'm gettin dind o hungry, ain't you? Charlie says, "why you fat f-----r we just ate about an hour ago. Danny says, OOOh Chahlie, fat people got feelings tooo. The whole place just rolled.

Yep, he beat me for $400 in about 5 hours, but as I said, it was entertaining.

Fragged
12-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Just finished it last night myself.

It's funny but as in most books littlethings are left out, but when he went to Shreveport with Gary Abood, he actually ended up in San Antonio with a couple of backers named Charlie and Eddie from around S-port and came into Bananas Billiards.

I ended up playing Danny some $200 sets, not knowing who hw was, but felt kind of funny about it all the while.

He was an entertaining to say the least. That Jersy accent had everyone in the pool room just rolling

At one point he looked at old Charlie and said, Hey Chahlie I'm gettin dind o hungry, ain't you? Charlie says, "why you fat f-----r we just ate about an hour ago. Danny says, OOOh Chahlie, fat people got feelings tooo. The whole place just rolled.

Yep, he beat me for $400 in about 5 hours, but as I said, it was entertaining.

and imagine he snuck up on a few guys a second time?? How could they miss that voice? "I'm Martin from Chicago" Yeah right!

ironman
12-25-2007, 12:01 PM
and imagine he snuck up on a few guys a second time?? How could they miss that voice? "I'm Martin from Chicago" Yeah right!

Well, I pretty well knew he was a player because of the company he was keeping. Even if he had told me who he was, at that time I do't think it would have registered with me.

Your right though, Mahtin form chikagoooo.

Like I said though, he was entertaining.

IanCt
12-25-2007, 08:41 PM
It was a good read, I read the Tony Annigoni book, cant remember the name, maybe playing off the rail???? I read both of these books in 2 or 3 days, just every free moment, I just couldnt help myself but pick up the book. Bump for a good book.