PDA

View Full Version : SVB LOL - What a difference a year makes

BRKNRUN
01-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Last year a little before BCA Vegas, There were people posting (on this board even) asking who the heck SVB is......(I already happened to know who he was because I had seem him play on a few occaisions that he came to Arizona for some action)

Then while at the BCA (before Shane even knew if he was going to be in the tournament) he was sitting at a poker table (At the Riv). Marcus Chemat was sitting at another table..... Of course (as always every year) someone sitting there decided he was the best player around and started woofing at anyone that had a cue case near them. People started to woof back saying that they will back Marcus against this guy. The guy next to me was one of them...I leaned over to him and quietly mentioned that Marcus was NOT the best player in the room.

He asked who is? I pointed at the guy quietly sitting there playing poker...(probably with his ear piece turned off) and said ...That guy...

His reply was....Really....Who is he???

I am fairly certain he now knows.........

Flttracker
01-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Last year a little before BCA Vegas, There were people posting (on this board even) asking who the heck SVB is......(I already happened to know who he was because I had seem him play on a few occaisions that he came to Arizona for some action)

Then while at the BCA (before Shane even knew if he was going to be in the tournament) he was sitting at a poker table (At the Riv). Marcus Chemat was sitting at another table..... Of course (as always every year) someone sitting there decided he was the best player around and started woofing at anyone that had a cue case near them. People started to woof back saying that they will back Marcus against this guy. The guy next to me was one of them...I leaned over to him and quietly mentioned that Marcus was NOT the best player in the room.

He asked who is? I pointed at the guy quietly sitting there playing poker...(probably with his ear piece turned off) and said ...That guy...

His reply was....Really....Who is he???

I am fairly certain he now knows.........

Great story ! Thanks

CTYankee
01-09-2008, 05:52 PM
What is truly amazing, as SVB star was rising in '07, I did a search on Shane here. There were posts from '04 with people saying this kid is going to be a world beater. We have some solid talent scouts here :)