PDA

View Full Version : Derby City Round 8 one pocket

kryptonite9
01-10-2008, 11:10 AM
I have been trying to follow the Derby city but with the results on different pages it is tough to know who has lost and already exercised the buyback and who has not.

I compiled all 7 rounds and this is what is left:

6 players undefeated
Darren Appleton
Gabe Owen
Larry Nevel
Ryan Stone
Shannon Daulton
Tony Mougey

20 players with 1 loss
Alex Pagulayan
Allen Hopkins
Charles Bryant
Cliff Joyner
Dan LaVoie
David Grossman
Efren Reyes
Francisco Bustamante
Gerald Slivka
Ike Runnels
Jerry Matchin
Louis Ulrich
Niels Feijen
Rafael Martinez
Ralf Souquet
Rodolfo Luat
Ron Wiseman
Scott Frost
Shane Van Boening
Thorsten Hohmann

Just thought some might want to know.:)

ABall
01-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the info!! It's kinda hard to follow with the buy back system as far as who's undefeated. I'm surprised to see Thorsten and Darren undefeated; I guess one pocket is catching on now with all the pros. I read on the front page that Ralf Souquet's match took 4.5 hours yesterday...wow, thats only 5 games.

gotgame
01-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the info Ryan stone looks solid he is an unknown to most he plays out of ohio i seen him at an Illinois tourney destroy the field that had Baraks,Shaun Putnam and J. kacharo hes only like 25 and has a full time job thats skill.

ABall
01-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info Ryan stone looks solid he is an unknown to most he plays out of ohio i seen him at an Illinois tourney destroy the field that had Baraks,Shaun Putnam and J. kacharo hes only like 25 and has a full time job thats skill.

Yeah, I've never heard of him. Only 25 years old?? He's got a great future in this game!! They must breed champions over in Ohio.

Tim-n-NM
01-10-2008, 11:42 AM

Where is Ryan from? what town?

gotgame
01-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Not sure exactly he shoots out of the same pool hal as Jason miller Liz Lovely as well shoots there check her out shes only 15 youngest ever on pro tour shes got a good game i think she just won 3 in a row on the midwest ladies tour.

gotgame
01-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Ryan is actually in the front running for master of the table he got top 14 in banks and is undefeated in 1-pocket watch out 9- ball is his best game he has a world of potintial oh and i forgot to mention when he won in Illinois he went 25-3 his last 5 sets

MOJOE
01-10-2008, 11:57 AM

Yep, Ryan actually plays in the same AA BCA league that I am in. He is an incredibly nice individual with a ton of skill. He makes it look much easier than it is.. At least for m:D He plays with such grace and confidence, why can't I do that???

I am 99% sure that he plays out of Airway billiards in Dayton, Ohio. Also home to Jason Miller, Frank Ruby, Joe Brown etc.. Tons of talent in that area. That would be sweet for another local guy to win Master of the table and both from the same pool room. Jason did it a few years ago, if I remember correctly.

01rkclassic
01-10-2008, 12:04 PM
ryan is definatley on of the good ones,he was a straight A student in school,he's a nice guy and hits em real straight.;)
yes he plays out of AIRWAY BILLIARDS,same bar that produces 6 VNEA world champ,jason,joe brown and frank ruby were part of that team also.

f210
01-10-2008, 12:20 PM
I have been trying to follow the Derby city but with the results on different pages it is tough to know who has lost and already exercised the buyback and who has not.

I compiled all 7 rounds and this is what is left:

6 players undefeated
Darren Appleton
Gabe Owen
Larry Nevel
Ryan Stone
Shannon Daulton
Thorsten Hohmann

20 players with 1 loss
Alex Pagulayan
Allen Hopkins
Charles Bryant
Cliff Joyner
Dan LaVoie
David Grossman
Efren Reyes
Francisco Bustamante
Gerald Slivka
Ike Runnels
Jerry Matchin
Louis Ulrich
Niels Feijen
Rafael Martinez
Ralf Souquet
Rodolfo Luat
Ron Wiseman
Scott Frost
Shane Van Boening
Tony Mougey

Just thought some might want to know.:)

If Thorsten Hohmann is still undefeated, then the results on the round 7 of 1pocket found in this website is incorrect then. How come this link is showing that Scott Frost defeated Hohmann in round 7?

http://www.azbilliards.com/derby2008/onepocket7.cfm

Terry Ardeno
01-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I really hope that Shannon Daulton wins the One Pocket title. It would be his 5th title at the Derby City events (2 9 ball, 1 banks & 1 all-around) and it would go nicely with his long list of one pocket championships.

If he played as often as he used to, I believe he would be our #1 one pocket player. He already beat Cliff in round 7. Shannon is fearless at the table, with loads of heart and knwoledge of the game.

kryptonite9
01-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Edited: Correct Thorsten Hohmann does have 1 loss.

I knew I couldn't get them all right.

Thecoats
01-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Edited: Correct Thorsten Hohmann does have 1 loss.

I knew I couldn't get them all right.

That is okay, you did damn good, I tried to give one person an update on Jeremy Jones and I screwed that up:) :) It is kind of hard trying to figure how many losses people have. Positive rep to you for providing the data.

-don

gutshot
01-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah, and Ryan Stone is nowhere near 25 years old! :) He's barely old enough to drink!

kryptonite9
01-10-2008, 03:39 PM
It gets much easier to track from here.

Tony Mougey was previously undefeated but lost in round 8.

Remaining:

Undefeated:
Gabe Owen
Larry Nevel

1 loss:
Alex Pagulayan
Allen Hopkins
Darren Appleton
Efren Reyes
Francisco Bustamante
Ike Runnels
Niels Feijen
Ralf Souquet
Rodolfo Luat
Ryan Stone
Scott Frost
Shane Van Boening
Shannon Daulton
Thorsten Hohmann
Tony Mougey

Robertduke
01-10-2008, 04:01 PM
I really hope that Shannon Daulton wins the One Pocket title. It would be his 5th title at the Derby City events (2 9 ball, 1 banks & 1 all-around) and it would go nicely with his long list of one pocket championships.

If he played as often as he used to, I believe he would be our #1 one pocket player. He already beat Cliff in round 7. Shannon is fearless at the table, with loads of heart and knwoledge of the game.

And would make him the only player to win all the events.. At the derby..

yobagua
01-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Shannon got caught off guard and was thoroughly frustrated by Ralf Soquet's slow play. The Kaiser beat Shannon 3 to 1. But Shannon is still alive. Efren shot such a beautiful game against Alan Hopkins. It is unexplainable how this man plays the game all I can say is he was magnificent. Efren won3 to 0

oldroller
01-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Won the all around last year I think for UNDER 21