PDA

View Full Version : Swap meet at the 08 Super Billiards Expo

Tikkitavi
01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Does anyone have any information for any scheduled swap meets at this years upcoming Super Billiard Expo? This will be my first trip to the event, but I have some nice cues that I might be interested in trading or selling. Any information would truly be appreciated.

cbi1000
01-11-2008, 04:07 PM
I have no idea, but i'd like to know as well.

I'm not bringing anything to swap, however i'm bring CASH to spend!!

My frist trip to the expo too!!

Rich R.
01-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Does anyone have any information for any scheduled swap meets at this years upcoming Super Billiard Expo? This will be my first trip to the event, but I have some nice cues that I might be interested in trading or selling. Any information would truly be appreciated.
Any selling of cues at the Expo, by anyone other than vendors, is frowned upon by the organizers. If you organize any type of "swap meet", I suggest you don't do it on the floor of the Expo. Take it to a private room.

kaznj
01-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Sounds like a great idea. Let us know if anything develops.

CrownCityCorey
01-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Super Billiards Expo (http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/)

FLYINGSNAIL
01-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi ,
I am a 1st timer to Super Billiards Expo 2008, I would like to know which airport do I fly into? Phil?:o :confused:??? which Hotel to say in so dont have to walk so far or taking a taxi.
Thanks, Kenny

Koop
01-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Hi ,
I am a 1st timer to Super Billiards Expo 2008, I would like to know which airport do I fly into? Phil?:o :confused:??? which Hotel to say in so dont have to walk so far or taking a taxi.
Thanks, Kenny

Yep, fly into Philly and if you don't want to walk you will want either the Scanticon (good luck with that) or the Raddison. Both are attached to the convention center.

Koop - staying down the LOOOONNNGGG hallway

eeng168
01-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Hi ,
Thanks, Kenny

Kenny,

Since you haven't done so...you should quickly book a room in one of these hotels...rooms go fast. I'll see you there..I'm going down on Thursday.

Irish634
01-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Hi ,
Thanks, Kenny

Good luck flying into Philly. That airport sucks. :D

3andstop
01-18-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm not sure where or when I read something about an attempt to organize a One Pocket event at the Expo. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that? I've checked the Expo's website a few times, but there's no mention of it.

catscradle
01-18-2008, 08:06 AM

You can deal with one of the dealers at the event with a booth, but try to do anything on the side on the property without Hopkins getting his piece of the action and you'll be tossed out if found out. That goes for anywhere on the property, even your room. I bought some Moori tips from somebody there once who didn't have a booth, it went down like a drug deal, seriously.
Maybe you could set up something in another property (hotel/motel), but then nobody would be there, they'd be at the SBE.

catscradle
01-18-2008, 08:08 AM
...you will want either the Scanticon (good luck with that) or the Raddison. Both are attached to the convention center.

Koop - staying down the LOOOONNNGGG hallway

Much too late for that already. Both are completely booked. We reserve our room in the Rad on the way out the door last year.

metallicane
01-18-2008, 08:24 AM
I will be there trying to sell a Lambros if anyone is interested. Ivory joint, ivory inlays, really nice work, but I do not play anywhere near well enough to own this piece of art.

Koop
01-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Much too late for that already. Both are completely booked. We reserve our room in the Rad on the way out the door last year.

Me too but you never know if there are cancellations unless you give it a shot.

kaznj
01-18-2008, 08:33 AM
The Scanticon is usually completely booked by Alan Hopkins. The Radison is the best choice if you just want to walk from the convention to the hotel room. It is very likely that you won't get a room unless you book for several days. If you call them and ask for just Saturday you will most likely be told no rooms available. If you call back and say you want a room for Thursday thru Saturday I bet you'll get a room. There are several hotels that are cheaper and less than 10 minutes away by car.

HollyWood
01-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Lets all wish for better weather than last yr- ice storm_ so the vendors come with there wears. All others have plenty of room day or night to make your own deals. Best cue show and is consistant. mark