PDA

View Full Version : My 8 ball shot during APA league play, last Wednesday

okinawa77
01-11-2008, 06:54 PM
http://CueTable.com/P/?@2HYqd3JYWc2KaGc4LYGY2MaEa1PVss2cYqd2ccTE2caOo1cb EC1kVss2kXTs1qNAAI_couldn't_bank_to_the_sides_beca use_it_would_have_been_a_guaranteed_double_kiss&ZZ3ralHI_couldn't_double_bank_because_of_this_obst ructing_ball&ZZ4sTAGI_couldn't_bank_here_because_of_obstructing _ball&ZZ3tVwtAs_you_can_see,_playing_a_safety_would_be_v ery_difficult,_and_I_needed_to_make_the_8,_or_my_o pponent_would_have_an_easy_run_out&ZZ@

ajohnson13
01-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Congrats! :cool:

chilli66
01-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Very nice. I wish you could do a pic of your opponents face when it went in!:D

kaznj
01-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Nice going. Did you win the match?

leehayes
01-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Wow.........gotta try that one....congrats

jjr183
01-11-2008, 11:46 PM
This looks like a derivation of the shot in every good one pocket players toolbox where you combo a ball into a ball hanging in your opponents pocket and then have that ball go in your pocket; hopefully leaving you with a nice out on the rest of the table. It's nice to see how someone can use this type of shot in another game and situation. Congrats.

Jude Rosenstock
01-12-2008, 03:02 AM
There are times in 8-ball where you are called upon to do some unusual things. I have to admit, this definitely ranks up there with one of the more unusual shots I've ever seen! Very nice!

Inaction
01-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Nice shot.

I moved to a small town in 93, not much for pool in the area. I found a senior citizens center with 7 ft and snooker table about a block away. Tuesday was pool night, game was bank the 8 in last pocket. I made this shot: banked the Eight off the end rail with enough draw to position the Cue for a nice carom into the side.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3HSOU3IFkD3JaMW2KadP4LXQc1MNCb4NLrp4ORif3QSNU3RS EM3cSOU3cRtm3cSEb3cbMH3lSNU3lSEa3lSEX3lSEW2qQtF8_B all_last_pocket,_drew_Q_back_a_few_inches_to_set_u p_8_carom_into_side.&ZZ@

Another trick shot came into play at Wisconsin State Team tournament. I was playing a very good player who left me this. It was a trick shot that I had made many times, but the Eight did not make it to the pocket by about 3 inches. It is fun to think of the reaction from opponents, and teammates when I called it, and again when it almost goes in. Have to hit it hard with center, object ball double kisses off the cue and goes toward the pocket.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@2HbFc3JUvW2LbHS1NaWM2PRXl2cbFc4cXhQ4cXhQ4cYGR2kR Xl2kXTg2kXTg2qQtF8_Ball_last_pocket,_drew_Q_back_a _few_inches_to_set_up_8_carom_into_side.&ZZ@

okinawa77
01-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Nice going. Did you win the match?
Yes, I won. I was playing an SL5. I am an SL7.
I would have clean swept win 5-0, but I shot another tough shot and fluked the 8-ball early. So, it went 5-1.

okinawa77
01-14-2008, 04:38 PM
This looks like a derivation of the shot in every good one pocket players toolbox where you combo a ball into a ball hanging in your opponents pocket and then have that ball go in your pocket; hopefully leaving you with a nice out on the rest of the table. It's nice to see how someone can use this type of shot in another game and situation. Congrats.
I play a little bit of 1P, but I used this type of shot most in 8 ball. Some players will cover pockets with their balls, and I have learned to bank carom off their balls to pocket my balls, and clear their balls away from the pocket.

I was recently playing in Austin with a guy that just beat a pro player (Escobedo or something) during a match. He is a very solid player. I shot a similiar shot as the one mentioned, and he said he had never seen anyone shoot a shot like that. He went to his friends and said, "I've been shooting for 15 years, and I just learned something new".

okinawa77
01-14-2008, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=Inaction]Nice shot.

I moved to a small town in 93, not much for pool in the area. I found a senior citizens center with 7 ft and snooker table about a block away. Tuesday was pool night, game was bank the 8 in last pocket. I made this shot: banked the Eight off the end rail with enough draw to position the Cue for a nice carom into the side.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3HSOU3IFkD3JaMW2KadP4LXQc1MNCb4NLrp4ORif3QSNU3RS EM3cSOU3cRtm3cSEb3cbMH3lSNU3lSEa3lSEX3lSEW2qQtF8_B all_last_pocket,_drew_Q_back_a_few_inches_to_set_u p_8_carom_into_side.&ZZ@

I shot this same shot during practice against my other SL7 teammate. I broke and ran, with a similiar carom shot as the game winner.

Handsumm
01-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Nice shot, but I have only one question. Why not just go cross-face on the eight ball with right spin? It shoulda been bankable by what I see in the picture.

okinawa77
01-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Nice shot, but I have only one question. Why not just go cross-face on the eight ball with right spin? It shoulda been bankable by what I see in the picture.

The picture doesn't do it justice. The cross bank wouldn't work. The banks were my first consideration.