PDA

View Full Version : shane vs alex.....live

$TAKE HOR$E
01-12-2008, 01:42 AM
for those of you that are not watching shane and alex play the score is 13 to 8 shane with shane having ball in hand on the 2

$TAKE HOR$E
01-12-2008, 01:49 AM
13 to 9 shane

$TAKE HOR$E
01-12-2008, 02:00 AM
14 to 9 shane

smokeandapancak
01-12-2008, 02:17 AM
What happened to Shane and Busta??

hilla_hilla
01-12-2008, 03:33 AM
Results??? :)

FLICKit
01-12-2008, 03:48 AM
What happened to Shane and Busta??
Busta Backed out...
He's still competing on the main tables. He has an early match tomorrow (errrrr... today) so he wanted to rest and be fresh.

FLICKit
01-12-2008, 04:23 AM
They are now hill/hill !!! For all the money. Over 5 hours later

What a battle it's been!!! This is what it's all about, baby!!!!

Drew
01-12-2008, 04:36 AM
Shane Wins!!!! 21-20 What a match!!!

Poolhalljunkie
01-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Alex made a hell of a kick on the 3 and then dogged the 5 left Shane the out. I couldn't beleive! It now that is what the action report is all about. Nice job guys!!!!

Drew
01-12-2008, 04:40 AM
Alex made a hell of a kick on the 3 and then dogged the 5 left Shane the out. I couldn't beleive! It now that is what the action report is all about. Nice job guys!!!!

He missed a bank on the 5. I would hardly call it a dogged shot.

Johnnyt
01-12-2008, 04:45 AM
Sure he dogged it. Didn't you know eveybody on here is an A player and is use to shooting shots for $10,000:rolleyes: Anyhow that was the best match I've seen on TAR both PPV and free...so I sent them $20 for it. Johnnyt

JimS
01-12-2008, 05:52 AM
so I sent them $20 for it. Johnnyt

Appreciation is spelled with a $$. Kudos to you Johnnyt. They deserve it.

f210
01-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Busta Backed out...
He's still competing on the main tables. He has an early match tomorrow (errrrr... today) so he wanted to rest and be fresh.

There is nothing wrong about Busta's decision not to play early this morning. If he has an early morning 9ball match and he is STILL in the running in the Master of the Table award, then he should concentrate more on that.

FLICKit
01-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Uh hello.... Nowhere did I say there was something wrong with Busta's decision. You made an assumption, and your assumption is wrong. I simply stated the facts that Busta backed out, and his rationale for doing so.

smashmouth
01-12-2008, 10:48 AM
no surprise, Alex has the heart of a Lion, Busta, not so much

jay helfert
01-12-2008, 12:21 PM
BUY THIS DVD! It was a GREAT match, that had a little bit of everything. Including Alex fouling with ball in hand. You won't beleive your eyes.

And the commentary between Bob Hunter and Jeanette Lee is priceless. First John Schmidt sits in with them and then yours truly gets to referee their dialogue. It's HILARIOUS! Sounds a bit like Sonny and Cher going at it. You should know these two have a history. Enough said.

Sometimes the commentary is more entertaining then the match. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the booth with these two rascals. And by the way, their analysis is spot on as well.

When the match went hill-hill, we half expected the players to flip a coin and start over. But not these two warriors. They played one game for the 10K, and a great final game it was.

This may be the best yet for TAR. Good job Justin and Chad. You got a winner here!

JohnPT
01-12-2008, 12:35 PM

care to elaborate

DrJ
01-12-2008, 12:43 PM

Danktrees
01-12-2008, 02:04 PM
r they going at it again tonite? i know alex wants/wanted a rematch...any news on that?

JCIN
01-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Talked to both of them. They are going to play tonight. We are going to run a PayPerView from 8PM to 8AM. No guarantees on who or when is going to play but we promise something will happen. If you don't like you get your money back. Link will go up soon.

DeadPoked
01-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Anybody that saw this match, including myself, says it was the best match they've ever seen. DVD will be out in a few weeks. If you are a fan of pool and you don't buy it, you are not a true fan!

Alex wants a rematch and looks to go off around midnight. Be there!

My favorite quote of the DCC so far... Alex is woofing at Shane, looks him in the eyes dead serious, "you know how many millionaires I've made by backing me? At least 4...... But they were billionaires before!". I couldn't stop laughing.

Danktrees
01-12-2008, 02:37 PM
i'm in, let me know when the link is up.

Icon of Sin
01-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Awesome stuff... can't wait for the DVD!!!

What was the total they played for?

gopi-1
01-12-2008, 04:31 PM

It seems like you know Busti by heart...

srs314
01-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Anybody that saw this match, including myself, says it was the best match they've ever seen. DVD will be out in a few weeks. If you are a fan of pool and you don't buy it, you are not a true fan!

Alex wants a rematch and looks to go off around midnight. Be there!

My favorite quote of the DCC so far... Alex is woofing at Shane, looks him in the eyes dead serious, "you know how many millionaires I've made by backing me? At least 4...... But they were billionaires before!". I couldn't stop laughing.
That's the Alex we all know, never at a loss for something funny to say, too funny thanks for adding this to the forum!!

BlindWizard
01-12-2008, 07:48 PM
I managed to catch the end of this great match. The commentary was good also. Who were the male announcers?

rayjay
01-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Me too. That got pretty old, but that stuff's addictive! I hope they (TAR) make some money tonight to keep them going strong. TAR took the DCC to the world!
:p

SloRoller
01-12-2008, 11:33 PM
I HAD to go to bed around 2a , it was Shane 14-12 and wish I could have stayed up and watch it. Kids here this weekend.

After the second reboot my feed was fine. Heard they were having problems with the hotels line.

Will definitely buy the DVD on that one. TAR is awesome!

SR

shag_fu
01-12-2008, 11:56 PM
I got a problem with these last minute links. My paypal account doesnt react fast enough for same day services. It would be huge if you offered credit card processing or something other than paypal. i know a LOT of people use paypal but Im not one to leave cash sitting around online when it can be put to better use elsewhere. I was def enjoying what I could see and will be buying some dvds when they come out. Thanks for the otherwise great show.

Roy Steffensen
03-04-2009, 01:10 PM
I bought this DVD at the DCC this year, and finally got a chance to watch it.

It sure is one of the most exciting matches I have seen, and I recommend it highly!!!

Great job TAR!

cigardave
03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I bought the DVD and loved every bit of it as well except Schmidt's continuing rant on the filthy conditions of the balls... that got old fast. :slap:

And based on his commentary it was apparant that he wasn't even watching the match that closely. That all changed when Jeanette walked into the booth... thank god for that!!... at least she offered her opinion on how the shooter might play the shot before the player made their decision.

Before her entrance that type of discussion wasn't even taking place... but still it's a great DVD set due to the excellence of the players who were at the table. :thumbup2:

Ken_4fun
03-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Didn't get to see it, someone have a DVD that they no longer want ?

Ken

UrackmIcrackm
03-04-2009, 02:01 PM
And based on his commentary it was apparant that he wasn't even watching the match that closely. That all changed when Jeanette walked into the booth... thank god for that!!... at least she offered her opinion on how the shooter might play the shot before the player made their decision.

Before her entrance that type of discussion wasn't even taking place... but still it's a great DVD set due to the excellence of the players who were at the table. :thumbup2:

That was TAR's first time at Derby and a lot of things were done "on the fly", including commentary of big match ups. They hadn't done many videos up to that point and hadn't yet discovered who was a keeper and who wasn't, when it comes to commentating.

The TAR booth seemed to be a chaotic fun for those that were in the booth. Many of TAR's friends were in and out of the booth and if someone in front of a mic stood up, someone else just slipped into their chair & started talking.

There were many things going on in and outside of the booth to distract the folks sitting in front of the mic. If I'm not mistaken, JL has spent some time in a televised ESPN booth before and was considerably more seasoned in that aspect than her counterparts that night. ;)

I can see how the commentary might get a little frustrating to those that weren't there to witness the festivities live. Those of us that were lucky enough to have a seat in the action room and watch what was going on in the TAR booth are a little more forgiving of the faux pas.

The beauty of that DVD is that commentary isn't needed so people could mute it if they wanted to. It was such a great match that all one needs to do is watch it to enjoy it. :)