PDA

View Full Version : Archer Vs Fisherv from a previous thread,

bfdlad
01-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Ok there were alot of responses to the potential of this match up. I have spoken to both of them and they have some interest. Obviously there is more to set up and format to be set but I want to know how big is this lets say for a $5,000.00 winner takes all race to 100? again email me if you would pay to see it on ionternet PVV or attend in Phoenix Arizona. The reason I need these answers is that it is not cheap to do this kind of thing and I would not want to be left holding the bag. Please let me know.

bfdlad
01-12-2008, 07:06 PM
By the way I think Johnny would end up the victor, but Ali sems to have taken down a few pwople at the DCC.

worriedbeef
01-12-2008, 07:11 PM
people would pay a reasonable fee for a good quality streamed live video.

why not just add whatever resources and equipment you have to the fine gents at the action report and do it with them? would be better for everybody.

if you wanna go it alone then fine. you'd just have to go ahead and do it and provided this is legit and you have a decent product people would watch it. end of story.

i don't really see the point of this post.

av84fun
01-12-2008, 08:12 PM
By the way I think Johnny would end up the victor, but Ali sems to have taken down a few pwople at the DCC.

Taken down a few? How about 7 of the 9 MEN she faced...with three 7-1 drillings...2 of which were national/world champions.

LOL

av84fun
01-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok there were alot of responses to the potential of this match up. I have spoken to both of them and they have some interest. Obviously there is more to set up and format to be set but I want to know how big is this lets say for a $5,000.00 winner takes all race to 100? again email me if you would pay to see it on ionternet PVV or attend in Phoenix Arizona. The reason I need these answers is that it is not cheap to do this kind of thing and I would not want to be left holding the bag. Please let me know.

By the way...who is Fisherv? I'm not familiar with that player.

bfdlad
01-12-2008, 09:08 PM
AV84fun, Fisherv is a Russian player :) I think you know the answer,

av84fun
01-12-2008, 11:35 PM
AV84fun, Fisherv is a Russian player :) I think you know the answer,

but Ali sems to have taken down a few pwople at the DCC.

Oh...yeah...He's that guy with a Russian father and a Arab mother...so they called him Ali Fisherv. (-:

Just curious. Why would you try to hold such a match in Phoenix? I don't think either one would travel there for that kind of money.

I have spoken to both of them and they have some interest. Obviously there is more to set up and format to be set

If you didn't discuss format with her, then if she expressed interest, I think she was just being polite.

Even with 40 on the wire, the race could go 150 racks. I don't think either one would leave town for less than $10k plus expenses so you're looking at $13-14k before production costs and I don't think there would be anywhere close to enough PPV money spent on such a match...especially since it could take 10-12 hours of playing time so you're talking a match over two days.

Finally, I would be surprised if Johnny would spot her 40 in an alternate break format and I am almost certain that Alli wouldn't agree to winner breaks.

Ideas are always valuable but I don't think this one's going to happen.

Regards,
Jim

bfdlad
01-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Jim, I believe that you are right in a few of your points here. Like I said I am right at the very beginning of trying to make it happen and I know there are alot of people who want to see it for one reason or another but when it comes time to put up or shut up alot of them do a magic act. POOF! I will let you know if anything more comes of it,
Mark,