PDA

View Full Version : DCC 08 Depression

Cornerman
01-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I've got withdrawals, and it sucks.

This was the best DCC for me. Next year, I won't bother brining a cue and playing the tournament. It's too bothersome. The action was beyond amazing, as many of you saw on tAR.

And that's that. I met new friends through tAR. I'm glad they put up with all my crap and allowed me to hang around them the 9 days. They were great. So kudos to BigNasty, JCIN, and Jason (the silent partner), and shoutouts to my two new buddies, Disco and Spider. You guys made the best show on earth even better.

To the ladies, being around Timberly has alway brought me mucho happiness. But, getting to hang with Rachael Abbink, Samm Diep, Sarah Rousey, and goof around with Monica Webb and Helena Thornfeldt: priceless.

For the action, it was action at its finest, but certainly the tAR booth kicked it up a huge notch.

As far as commentating in their booth... it was a dream come true. I know many of you have always commented on the pitiful state of pool commentary. I agree and have always thought that if I had the chance, I could do our sport justice. I think I did. I'll take any constructive criticism anyone has.

So, sum of it: awesome as usual, but the focus on action for it really upped it this year .That's the future for me with Derby City Classic, and I'm happy that this year really pushed it in that direction.

Fred

YouKnow662
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I feel the same way. I had so much fun, back to my boring life now. I met so many great people there and got to see so much, all we can do is wait for next year! I got home, walked into my room and it was dead silence, no sounds of pool balls, no people barking at eachother for action, no loudspeaker calling out tournament matches. Oh well...:(

DennyS
01-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Just wanted to let you know, You did a great job and made it interesting for all of us. Thank You

sweatinNbettin
01-13-2008, 09:16 PM
It was good to see you again if it was for only 2 seconds.lol My wife was dragging me out after the money I spent on a Gilbert. You did a fine job in the booth.
I agree that the action this year was the best that it has been. I can't wait until next year.

Rubyron
01-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Cornerman,

I thought you did a great job commentating. I liked that you paid attention to the chat room. It was great to be able to type in a question and get it answered. It made for a neat interactive viewing experience. If I had to give you a grade on commentating, I'd give you an "A".

poolcuemaster
01-13-2008, 09:33 PM
It was awesome and I feel letdown now also and just hope they make the DCC better next year instead of worse. I can see that they have to do something different because of the amounts of players increasing every year and limited legal parking spots and rooms. I can get used to the current tournament room being the action room next year even if I have to drive to convention center across the street for the tournament matches to let more spectators enjoy the fun.--Leonard

selftaut
01-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Fred, great job buddy. It was interesting to hear some people be so shy and tentative when first brought into the booth, for instance Sarah. Then after you couldn't shut them up for 3 days! LOL ! Seemed like they all wanted air time! What also made it great was all the different personalities in the booth that created a dynamic that gave viewers a feeling of actually being there. VERY addictive, TAR is reinventing the wheel and having you in their corner at the DCC propelled TAR one step closer to success.

Kev

sarahrousey
01-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey Fred, thanks for being my commentating partner. I had a great time. Hope your withdrawls don't last too long.

Sarah

JCIN
01-13-2008, 10:06 PM
All of us at TheActionReport would like to thank Fred for all of his hard work and time.

Fred put in as much or more time than anyone in making the event a great time for everyone. Speaking for myself it was a godsend to have someone as knowlegable and trustworthy as Fred involved. It made all of our lives much easier. I don't know how many times I asked "Who is in the booth?" and someone said "Fred"....I immediately was able to focus on the next brushfire because I knew there would be no problems in the booth.

Hopefully one day we can repay you for all of your hard work. Many people told me they thought you did an outstanding job in the commentary and interviews. I agree 100%. You nutted it my friend :D You also added a degree of class and dignity to what was at times a bawdy free for all :D

We hope to work with you many more times in the future and if there anything we can ever do, just say the word.

CrownCityCorey
01-13-2008, 10:07 PM

This was the best DCC for me. Next year, I won't bother brining a cue and playing the tournament. It's too bothersome. The action was beyond amazing, as many of you saw on tAR.

And that's that. I met new friends through tAR. I'm glad they put up with all my crap and allowed me to hang around them the 9 days. They were great. So kudos to BigNasty, JCIN, and Jason (the silent partner), and shoutouts to my two new buddies, Disco and Spider. You guys made the best show on earth even better.

To the ladies, being around Timberly has alway brought me mucho happiness. But, getting to hang with Rachael Abbink, Samm Diep, Sarah Rousey, and goof around with Monica Webb and Helena Thornfeldt: priceless.

For the action, it was action at its finest, but certainly the tAR booth kicked it up a huge notch.

As far as commentating in their booth... it was a dream come true. I know many of you have always commented on the pitiful state of pool commentary. I agree and have always thought that if I had the chance, I could do our sport justice. I think I did. I'll take any constructive criticism anyone has.

So, sum of it: awesome as usual, but the focus on action for it really upped it this year .That's the future for me with Derby City Classic, and I'm happy that this year really pushed it in that direction.

Fred

I enjoyed you on The Action Report Morning Show :)

yobagua
01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
You did such a great job at commentating the matches. Brought dignity to the booth. Dont feel down look to next year, Right now Im feeling for Alex. When a warrior is defeated on the battle field it is hard to lick your wounds and plan for another day without feeling down about yourself.
TAR you went beyond expectations. Sure there was the predictable gaffes and errors. But all in all you really put the sport we love on another level. While Accustats was the sun you were the moon. The opposite side of the coin where the we of the twilight live. The underdog, the scrappers, the romantics, the dreamers, and the losers. I applaud your efforts.

Fast Lenny
01-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I enjoyed Freds commentary and hopefully he will do more for your guys at TAR in the future,it was really a treat to be able to view the coverage at DCC. ;)

JCIN
01-14-2008, 02:08 AM
Hey Fred, thanks for being my commentating partner. I had a great time. Hope your withdrawls don't last too long.

Sarah
As usual Sarah is very gracious. We all know who did the heavy lifting on that team. :D :p :D

cuetable
01-14-2008, 09:19 AM

Fred

Nice meeting you again...
I believe we ordered the exact same Chinese food as last year... Let's venture out a little the next year :)