PDA

View Full Version : Rick Howard a playing cuemaker

poolcuemaster
01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
I watched a few of Rick Howards matches at DCC on Saturday and this is one custom cuemaker that can flat out play nineball, I sat down beside AZer 1129 and asked him if this was the Rick Howard that makes cues and he said yes. He played great against Tony Crosby and I think he was in the top ten after all was said and done. I will have to think about ordering one of his cues since it is clear that he can tell what makes a cue play good, beside the fact that I already liked the way he makes his mark in the buttcap because it looks cool.

Two more outstanding young players I watched were Ryan Stone and Tim Delchaine, oh I better not leave out Landon Shufflet either.

Leonard

JB Cases
01-13-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't think Rick was the first to make a JB cue but he certainly makes JAM up cues and plays JAM UP too.

I dealt with Rick a bit in the early to mid 90's and he's a great guy as well.

pletho
01-14-2008, 12:25 AM
What a true statement, his cues get no respect on these forums and out play in my opinion almost all other cues..... He also is a great player.....

Snapshot9
01-14-2008, 04:18 AM
I noticed that Bob Owen, of Shurtz Cues, was playing in the 1 Pocket event.
Bob is a very good player also, 1 pocket and 9 ball probably his best games.

(Of course, they have 4 GC's in the front of The Cue Shop, as we call it, and
is a nice players environment to play in - modern, but kind of the old time feeling to it).

ABall
01-14-2008, 04:26 AM
What a true statement, his cues get no respect on these forums and out play in my opinion almost all other cues..... He also is a great player.....

Really???:confused: All I have heard are great things about his cues on these forums, and I never heard anyone say anything bad about them. I live on the West Coast; so, not many people have even heard of his cues. I am hoping to try one of his cues in the future soley based on the good things that I have heard on these forums. It's nice to see a cuemakers who can shoot a strong game of pool.

SirBanksALot
01-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Aball, try selling one on AZB and you will understand what he means. The ones I have seen for sale here aren't bringing what they should, and many of the popular cue dealers on here don't have them for sale. I guess there could be many reasons for that

I have had many very nice custom cues, and Ricks play as good or better than many big names cue makers that I will not list

Somewhere along the line, the "perceived" value on his cues slipped and it doesn't make any sense-not a more solid playing cue for the buck than a Rick Howard.

I've got a couple of them and will not sell them at what the current market value is.