PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from TAR

JCIN
01-14-2008, 01:39 AM
It is midnight in Louisville and I am just starting to regain my bearings from the whirlwind madness of DCC 2008. I just wanted to take a minute to thank some of the people who made our coverage of the event a success and an event I will remember for the rest of my life. In no particular order:

DerekDisco: The TAR intelligence operative extrordinaire, Disco was an integral part of the team who could always be counted on for a funny comment as well as good information. I was amazed by the depth of knowledge about who was who and what they all were doing. It was awesome to be able to ask "Who is that and what are they doing" and get either an answer or a "I will find out" Disco is known for his humor but his knowledge of the players and the game impressed me.

Dave "SpiderWebbComm": Quite simply the best. Dave's knowledge and skill in the nuts and bolts of the streaming medium is surpassed only by his enthusiam and love of the game. Many times I would look up and see him on the phone with our evil ISP fighting the good fight to get things straightened out. It was kind of like a little league football team having an NFL head coach stop by and say "Anything I can do to help" He did it all for the love of the game and we can't possibly repay him for all he did.

Fred "Cornerman" Agnir: Fred was a rock. Sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm freely for the entire event. He was the class act that kept things from going too far off the rails in the bunch of rouges and wild people that seemed to gather daily in the TAR booth. Fred is the man and we owe him huge.

Timberly: She was always there with a kind word and offering to do whatever she could to help. A pleasure to be around and always funny plus she knew the secret to keeping the wheels from falling off after a week of non stop action and no sleep....pizza. Timberly rocks.

Hal: Hal is bad ass. Just to give you an idea. I was sitting in the booth and he walks up and slips me a C note saying "I want to support you guys, keep it up." Then when everyone was just wore out one morning I come dragging ass in the room wondering how in the hell we are going to fill the space in the booth when I see him behind the screen answering questions and providing info to the viewers. Awesome. The topper is when he was in the action room when Shane and Alex played...got tired and went upstairs...then bought the feed to watch. You da man Hal.

The Dynamite and Guapo show: Darren "Dynamite" Appleton and Karl "Guapo" Boyes the dynamic duo of British pool player morning shows. These guys were hilarious and made the booth a party when they were in the mix.

Rachel Abbink: Rachel is the best. She stopped by a few times a day to give us updates on the happenings outside the action room. She impressed me with how hard she works at her job and her love of the sport in general. The girl has heart and I am proud to call her a friend. Thanks for all your time Rachel.

Adam "The Sleeve" Behnke: For providing the worlds oldest laptop for the commentary booth and for his dry wit and upbeat outlook on all things.

Sarah "sarah rousey" Rousey: The First Ladies Action All Around Champion and all around cool girl. Sarah was in the booth doing interviews and commentary and doing a hell of a job at it. She also tells the best jokes of anyone at the Derby. :D

Monica Webb: It was a treat to work with Monica who when she wasn't sweating the action was right in the middle of it.

Sunny "sunnyday": Sunny was in and out of the booth all week and acted as the designated TAR drinking buddy. Also she was one half of "The Picture". We loves us some Sunny.:D

easy-e: The man, the myth, the legend. easy is quite possibly the funniest dude on the planet. He worked the booth for us when he was here and did a great job also he brought me one of the coolest gifts I have ever recieved. Thanks dude, see ya in Reno for round 2.

DeadPoked: The other half of the USAF Pool/Drinking Team. Mr. Poked has an amazing way of cutting through the B.S. I appreciate his ability to make people laugh when all is chaos around you.

She Who Shall Not Be Named: You know who you are. Without this young lady going beyond the call of duty we would not have been able to record any of the footage. Our Apple Macbook Pro took a dump and she very graciously allowed us to use her only laptop to replace it. She went so far as to leave it with us when she had to catch her flight because we were still taping the 3rd set of SVB/Alex when she had to go. Her other claim to fame being that she is the other half of "The Picture". Thanks kid.

Anna Kostinian: Anna hung out and helped with commentary and interviews as well as adding a touch of beauty to the land inhabited by beasts (me and Nasty). She also gets my vote for Most Unique Action Sweating Style (You will understand when you see the pictures)

The Players: The response from the players was amazing. We were in awe of all the help we recieved from some of the games greatest players, here are just a few: Jeanette Lee, John Schmidt, Sean Putnam, Scott Frost, Billy Incardona, Tony Chohan, Bob Hunter, Helena Thornfeldt, Tyler Edey, SVB, Alex, and many more. I know I am forgetting some people and I apologize. My head is still spinning and I know I will remember some names and feel dumb.

Most important of all, the whole TAR crew wants to thank all of the people who watched the feeds and joined in the chat. You made the experience what it was. Without the tremendous support both spirtually and financial we could not have done it. We know there are some things we need to do better and we are going to work on them. Thank You.

Justin Collett

BreakersOne
01-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Well Justin, I thought you guys did a outstanding job with the event and possibly have brought it to another level. I want to thank you for getting together all of the great action matches and letting everyone see them 24/7. I bought me a ton of shirts from you guys and will wear them proudly.

Thanks to TAR,
Wes

AJO
01-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Thanks Justin, Chad, and everyone who helped TAR at this year's Derby! The coverage was amazing and much appreciated.

On a side note, thanks to TAR I am still up at 3:00 a.m. and not the least bit tired. Guess it's going to take a few days to get back in the hang of sleeping when it's dark out, instead of after the sun comes up! :D

Edited to fix typo.

DeadPoked
01-14-2008, 02:25 AM
Every single person you've mentioned is even more thankful to you, Chad, Jason, and the rest of TAR for having the balls to step up and do this. Not only did you guys think of a great idea, you moved forward and are giving it your all to make it successful and elevate the sport we love.

I believe that this coverage of the DCC you guys provided has really put out there what TAR is all about. For the players that were not able to attend, they were able to feel like they were part of the event. For the fans that wanted to see top players matchup, they were able to see some of the best pool ever captured on video. Not only did they get to see the best players, they were able to listen to top players commentating on those matches.

My hat is off to the guys at TAR for all that they've done and making a great event even that much better.

Tap, tap, tap.

eaglesfan44
01-14-2008, 04:07 AM
Justin, Chad, and everyone who helped make the Derby City Classic the most memorable event ever I want to personally thank you from the bottom of my heart! I can't begin to tell you how privelaged I feel and how grateful I am for you guys. I have said it before and will say it again The Action Report is the greatest thing to happen to pool in a long time. I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this tournament and every other event you work hard for. Thanks again and I can't wait to buy every event you guys put on. I will support you guys in anyway I can. Thanks again and look forward to more great pool coverage from the greatest coverage team in the land, THE ACTION REPORT!

ABall
01-14-2008, 04:20 AM
I really enjoyed the coverage that you guys at TAR provided!!! Thank you very much. I have tried to support you guys by buying almost every payper view event that you have shown, and I will continue to do so. I probably will be in Reno, so I'll introduce myself. Although, I did meet you, Justin, in Reno before TAR started and you were kind enough to let me hit with some very nice cues you had, a tulipwood Southwest and a Cocobolo Prewitt. Thanks for all your hard work!!
-Alex

Icon of Sin
01-14-2008, 07:12 AM
I didn't get to watch much of the feeds, but the little bit I did see was great. Thanks a lot guys, can;t wait to see what awesome DVDs you guys release from this!

kevin s
01-14-2008, 07:24 AM
I didn't get to watch any of the feeds. I was there in person watching the long hours you guys put in. It was cool getting to meet you guys. Thanks for letting me hit a few balls on the TAR table.

corvette1340
01-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks to TAR for a fun week and one that I'll remember for a long time. Even though I didn't get to go to Louisville, I feel like I was there and was a part of the DCC. The coverage was great. I pretty much had the feed up the entire time. Whether I was at work or at home, I was always watching to see what would happen next.

I have never met Justin, Chad, Disco, Spiderwebcomm, or any of the other crew but I feel like I've known them all now for quite a while with all the interaction in the chat room. I think that the interaction through the chat room was an integral part of the viewers' enjoyment. Even though we weren't there live we could still talk about the matches and all other topics with a lot of other enthusiasts just as if we were in a crowded pool room or tourney venue.

I think this is a great thing for pool and I'm glad I was a small part of what was really a groundbreaking event in the billiard community. Next year I will most certainly take you guys up on the invite to get a little air time myself in the booth :D and will help out in any way I can when I finally get to come to the Derby. Once again thanks, it was outstanding.

Cornerman
01-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks to TAR for a fun week and one that I'll remember for a long time. .
You know Corvette, I'm sure I'm also talking for the TAR group in saying thank you as you were one of the biggest supporters on the chat line keeping things "real" throughout. The chat often got crazy, and it was quite helpful for guys like you to keep the other chatters straight on what's going on.

Also a big shoutout to KennyMascot (was that his screenname?) who would also help us out by repeating PPV times, including the action, spot, game, race, etc.

Fred

corvette1340
01-14-2008, 08:06 AM
You know Corvette, I'm sure I'm also talking for the TAR group in saying thank you as you were one of the biggest supporters on the chat line keeping things "real" throughout. The chat often got crazy, and it was quite helpful for guys like you to keep the other chatters straight on what's going on.

Also a big shoutout to KennyMascot (was that his screenname?) who would also help us out by repeating PPV times, including the action, spot, game, race, etc.

Fred

Fred,
I enjoyed your time in the booth and look forward to meeting you next year, you are truely a class act my friend.

klockdoc
01-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Thank you for a very good time. I also was not able to attend the DCC, but, as stated by others that were in the chat area, I felt like I was just as much a part of the group as being there.

I also enjoyed conversing with fellow AZ members. It gave me a chance to actually TALK to them in an ordinary conversation and not just answering posted questions/statements. We got to see/feel another side of them.

Thank you for making all this happen. It definately brings about another perspective in advancing the sport.

srs314
01-14-2008, 08:36 AM
JCIN,

You guys did a great job, I'm excited to see what the future holds for TAR!

I spent more time watching this week than sleeping and I miss it already, some incredibly memerable moments you captured for us.

I purchased all the pay per views, I would like to say the Alex/Shane matches seemed like I was stealing for $15, money well spent.

If I can help promote you guys or the match DVD's in anyway on my Canadian Pool site http://www.shooterville.com just send me the info. I would be happy to help in anyway I can.

Also please send me the details for the Race to 100 in March I know our Canadian audiance can't get enough of Alex, and Shane sure is a pleasure to watch.

All the best and thanks for everything,

Scott Soroko,
scott@shooterville.com
http://www.shooterville.com

yobagua
01-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Justin it was great to meet you and Chad and especially Derek. Hope you go a long way. Just going to the Derby gave me that grand opportunity. And I wont forget your generosity and kindness.

SpiderWebComm
01-14-2008, 10:51 AM
It is midnight in Louisville and I am just starting to regain my bearings from the whirlwind madness of DCC 2008. I just wanted to take a minute to thank some of the people who made our coverage of the event a success and an event I will remember for the rest of my life. In no particular order:

DerekDisco: The TAR intelligence operative extrordinaire, Disco was an integral part of the team who could always be counted on for a funny comment as well as good information. I was amazed by the depth of knowledge about who was who and what they all were doing. It was awesome to be able to ask "Who is that and what are they doing" and get either an answer or a "I will find out" Disco is known for his humor but his knowledge of the players and the game impressed me.

Dave "SpiderWebbComm": Quite simply the best. Dave's knowledge and skill in the nuts and bolts of the streaming medium is surpassed only by his enthusiam and love of the game. Many times I would look up and see him on the phone with our evil ISP fighting the good fight to get things straightened out. It was kind of like a little league football team having an NFL head coach stop by and say "Anything I can do to help" He did it all for the love of the game and we can't possibly repay him for all he did.

Fred "Cornerman" Agnir: Fred was a rock. Sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm freely for the entire event. He was the class act that kept things from going too far off the rails in the bunch of rouges and wild people that seemed to gather daily in the TAR booth. Fred is the man and we owe him huge.

Timberly: She was always there with a kind word and offering to do whatever she could to help. A pleasure to be around and always funny plus she knew the secret to keeping the wheels from falling off after a week of non stop action and no sleep....pizza. Timberly rocks.

Hal: Hal is bad ass. Just to give you an idea. I was sitting in the booth and he walks up and slips me a C note saying "I want to support you guys, keep it up." Then when everyone was just wore out one morning I come dragging ass in the room wondering how in the hell we are going to fill the space in the booth when I see him behind the screen answering questions and providing info to the viewers. Awesome. The topper is when he was in the action room when Shane and Alex played...got tired and went upstairs...then bought the feed to watch. You da man Hal.

The Dynamite and Guapo show: Darren "Dynamite" Appleton and Karl "Guapo" Boyes the dynamic duo of British pool player morning shows. These guys were hilarious and made the booth a party when they were in the mix.

Rachel Abbink: Rachel is the best. She stopped by a few times a day to give us updates on the happenings outside the action room. She impressed me with how hard she works at her job and her love of the sport in general. The girl has heart and I am proud to call her a friend. Thanks for all your time Rachel.

Adam "The Sleeve" Behnke: For providing the worlds oldest laptop for the commentary booth and for his dry wit and upbeat outlook on all things.

Sarah "sarah rousey" Rousey: The First Ladies Action All Around Champion and all around cool girl. Sarah was in the booth doing interviews and commentary and doing a hell of a job at it. She also tells the best jokes of anyone at the Derby. :D

Monica Webb: It was a treat to work with Monica who when she wasn't sweating the action was right in the middle of it.

Sunny "sunnyday": Sunny was in and out of the booth all week and acted as the designated TAR drinking buddy. Also she was one half of "The Picture". We loves us some Sunny.:D

easy-e: The man, the myth, the legend. easy is quite possibly the funniest dude on the planet. He worked the booth for us when he was here and did a great job also he brought me one of the coolest gifts I have ever recieved. Thanks dude, see ya in Reno for round 2.

DeadPoked: The other half of the USAF Pool/Drinking Team. Mr. Poked has an amazing way of cutting through the B.S. I appreciate his ability to make people laugh when all is chaos around you.

She Who Shall Not Be Named: You know who you are. Without this young lady going beyond the call of duty we would not have been able to record any of the footage. Our Apple Macbook Pro took a dump and she very graciously allowed us to use her only laptop to replace it. She went so far as to leave it with us when she had to catch her flight because we were still taping the 3rd set of SVB/Alex when she had to go. Her other claim to fame being that she is the other half of "The Picture". Thanks kid.

Anna Kostinian: Anna hung out and helped with commentary and interviews as well as adding a touch of beauty to the land inhabited by beasts (me and Nasty). She also gets my vote for Most Unique Action Sweating Style (You will understand when you see the pictures)

The Players: The response from the players was amazing. We were in awe of all the help we recieved from some of the games greatest players, here are just a few: Jeanette Lee, John Schmidt, Sean Putnam, Scott Frost, Billy Incardona, Tony Chohan, Bob Hunter, Helena Thornfeldt, Tyler Edey, SVB, Alex, and many more. I know I am forgetting some people and I apologize. My head is still spinning and I know I will remember some names and feel dumb.

Most important of all, the whole TAR crew wants to thank all of the people who watched the feeds and joined in the chat. You made the experience what it was. Without the tremendous support both spirtually and financial we could not have done it. We know there are some things we need to do better and we are going to work on them. Thank You.

Justin Collett

PSSSH! No way, thank YOU guys! Thanks for everything... memories of a lifetime, no joke! I lost a bet with easy-e, so I need to donate that to your paypal to square up.

Dave

12squared
01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Justin, Chad and everyone else who contributed,

This was the best week, thanks. The last time I was this tired is when I was actually at DCC. My wife thought I was/am nuts!

Thank you all for allowing me, and everyone else, to experience the Derby while not able to attend.

DAve

easy-e
01-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Justin, you really know how to roll out the red carpet to people. I had a great time visiting with you and can't wait for Reno:D We are going to have some stories to tell after that one buddy!

Thanks again for making my first time at the Derby a memorable one.

sarahrousey
01-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Justin, Chad, Jason, Derek and everyone else, thank you for the opportunity you gave me not only to play but to commentate and kind of get to know the people that post here and others. I really had a great time. I look forward to hanging out with you all again sometime. Thank you for everything you have done for the game.

Sarah

beav99_4life
01-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Justin and Chad,
This was my third year heading to DCC, and because of you guys it was by far the most memorable time i've had in a long while. Within a couple hours of meeting you both, Chad welcomed me into the booth and allowed me to help commentate some of the Tater v. Josh O'Neil match. There was never a sense of imposition or not being welcomed. What you two are doing for billiards, the players and the fans is more admirable than i've seen anyone else try in our tight knitched community. Even after I had to leave DCC sunday afternoon, I was able to watch some of the best action i've ever seen. You guys have started this amazing movement, now its up to us the fans to make sure we keep the ball rolling. This is why I continually ask everyone to buy the PPV's and give donations IF possible. To everyone who hasnt had the opportunity to meet these two gentlemen, please dont hesitate to approach them if you get the chance. By just talking to either one of them, you can sense that this is all a labor of love and you'll become infected with their high spirits and passion for what they're doing. Once again, thanks Justin and Chad for a great trip, and hopefully for more great trips to come.

Steven

dynamite
01-14-2008, 08:07 PM
top job guys

and thanks for letting me get involved was real good laugh and getting to know you all!!

great times!

darren appleton