PDA

View Full Version : Avoid eBayer Robert Wayne Cues

fdambi
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
I got a "full splice" cue from this gypsy and it was a cheap production cue I think he had made in a Chinese factory. It took two weeks to arrive, it was not the right weight I specified, it had a wrap I didn't want, the tip is total junk, the inside of it is completely cored out and hollow, so it clinks like crazy, and the wood is cheap. I noticed the veneers look to be painted, as does the rings near the pin and butt. It cost me only around $125, but it hits like $5. I urge you people to avoid Robert Wayne Cues on eBay. They're crap.

Fast Lenny
01-14-2008, 05:31 PM
What did you expect for $125? :confused:

1pRoscoe
01-14-2008, 05:48 PM
You have to admit his attention to detail is spectacular... He even painted on the glue lines in the veneers!!!!

This looks to be a full splice blank he probably got from Duc as a Predator second....

Just remember one thing: Cue Builder > Cue Assembler!!

robertwaynecues
01-17-2008, 09:30 PM
i never offered this cue with no wrap and the blanks are made in canada and finished by me he claims i didnt send himthe right weight if he would have responded to my emails i would have been able to send him the weight he wanted the tip is a 5th ave layered and all future cues will have a tiger everest on them the cost is low yes because of the little work i need to put into them it is a true full splice and no the collar is not painted on if anyone has any direct comments or questions feel free to email me direct at robertwaynecues@yahoo.com

thedude
01-17-2008, 09:35 PM
i bought one of his cues and after changing the tip to an everest i like it he never offered a wrapless as far as i know i think you just thought you were gonna get a 1000.00 cue for 125.00 i paid 225.00 for mine and i like it

ummm... no biased opinions here. :D

Fast Lenny
01-17-2008, 11:07 PM
i never offered this cue with no wrap and the blanks are made in canada and finished by me he claims i didnt send himthe right weight if he would have responded to my emails i would have been able to send him the weight he wanted the tip is a 5th ave layered and all future cues will have a tiger everest on them the cost is low yes because of the little work i need to put into them it is a true full splice and no the collar is not painted on if anyone has any direct comments or questions feel free to email me direct at robertwaynecues@yahoo.com
Why did you edit your post?,first you were a buyer and now the seller,WTF is going on here? :confused:

!Smorgass Bored
01-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Why did you edit your post?,first you were a buyer and now the seller,WTF is going on here? :confused:

Ah, because he forgot which User name he was signed on under in the original post (he posted as a 'buyer' with his real 'seller's' name as the AZB Member user, so he went back and edited it to reflect that he was the Seller ) :)
Doug
( what a maroon....... imo )

Fast Lenny
01-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Ah, because he forgot which User name he was signed on under in the original post (he posted as a 'buyer' with his real 'seller's' name as the AZB Member user, so he went back and edited it to reflect that he was the Seller ) :)
Doug
( what a maroon....... imo )

I figured that to be the case,one fo the stupidest things i have seen done on here,ROTFLMAO! :D

ribdoner
01-17-2008, 11:19 PM
WTF.........to the theme from "the twilight zone"

Fast Lenny
01-17-2008, 11:20 PM
No his rep is red,first one i have given i think. :p

justnick
01-17-2008, 11:20 PM
I got a "full splice" cue from this gypsy .

How do you know he was a gypsy. Mabye he is a Caucasian or a Asian or a Italian Evan a Mexican

I'm a gypsy and am having a hard time understanding this statement,please elaborate as to your knowledge of his nationality .. OR ARE YOU INSINUATING THAT YOU FELL YOU WHERE RIPPED OFF HE MUST BE A GYPSY..

robertwaynecues
01-18-2008, 05:56 AM
that was my dip shit nephew andrew that posted that before he realized he was under my name on my computer he is also the one that runs the auctions for me and was one of my first customers

Varney Cues
01-18-2008, 06:09 AM
that was my dip shit nephew andrew that posted that before he realized he was under my name on my computer he is also the one that runs the auctions for me and was one of my first customers

Odd...he too writes using no capitals or periods.:D

Cue Freak
01-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Wow, this is interesting, I'd like to see how it pans out.

poolhustler
01-18-2008, 07:54 AM
OH my Lord.....here we go again !!!!!!!

:D

Russ.......

cubc
01-18-2008, 07:58 AM
lmao. Robertwanecues obviously forgot he logged into the wrong account and got busted. hilarious.

Nephew... give me a break. But for 125 you cant expect much.

ShootingArts
01-18-2008, 10:20 AM
the first rule when you find yourself stuck in a hole is to stop digging

please dont though this looks like the most entertaining thread since the end of the dcc

wow never realized it was so hard to type without caps or punctuation

hu

smokeandapancak
01-18-2008, 10:47 AM
I love you people......

this shit is great.......

our_auctionguy
01-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Send me one of your RW cues to check out on your nickel. I will be completely impartial and cover every aspect of measurement, woods, composition materials, etc. photograph it, and even do a video of it being played with by a local pro or two with their comments on how it hits. Wanna end this argument? geterdone! . When done, If I like it I will buy it. If not, I will ship it back unmolested.

RunoutalloverU
01-18-2008, 10:59 AM
You get what you pay for

bfdlad
01-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Ok guys, maybe I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed or maybe what happened here is so stupid that I can't believe it. Whats did this guys do again? I mean with the two different accounts? Please let me know and make it really easy for me to understand.

fdambi
01-18-2008, 05:55 PM
In the auction ad it states to specify the weight, etc, when you pay for it. In the page when the order is being processed by paypal there is an area for "instructions to the seller" and I put those instructions in there specifically and have a copy of that transaction on my paypal account which is proof I can furnish if anyone doesn't believe me. I was very very clear on how I wanted the cue delivered. I had a friend who is like 63 yrs old, and has played pool for over 40 years, and has played with just about everything, and he didn't think the cue was any good either. The tip is like a piece of glass, it makes a ton of noise, it vibrates out of your hand with a loose grip, and with the weight of like 17.5 oz the balance is way out of whack. I am going to change the weight myself, the tip, and have a wrap put on it to see if it makes a difference. If not, it'll just be a house cue. It might sound dumb to put anymore money into the cue, but sometimes a few small changes do make a difference. The cuemaker should have shot with the thing before he shipped it, and he would've known if he is any kind of pool player that it hits strange and really throws the ball. It almost creates a jump shot masse effect when the cueball is near the rail. I've never miscued so many times, or had to use a tip tool so many times. The ferrule doesn't even fit the diameter of the shaft, and the ink from one of the rings looks like it kinda bled off the edges of the ring when the finish was put on. It looks like paint.

Catahula
01-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Who cares about a writer's strike...this shit is priceless! Keep 'em coming.:D