PDA

View Full Version : billy cardone

havoc
01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
this is somewhat of a pool related issue.
i was listening to the interview with billy incardonia where he corrected samy for calling him bill cardone.

it just reminded me of a thriller show outta pittsburgh called chiller theater hosted by bill"chilly billy"cardone from back in the day.

was wondering if anyone else remembered it?

Williebetmore
01-14-2008, 06:35 PM
i was listening to the interview with billy incardonia where he corrected samy for calling him bill cardone.

it just reminded me of a thriller show outta pittsburgh called chiller theater hosted by bill"chilly billy"cardone from back in the day.

Havoc,
Yes, it was great. I watched every Saturday night at 11:30 PM for many years. Double feature, grade B horror movies, black and white; "Chilly Billy Cardille" (not Cardone).

He usually wore a tuxedo, sat on a stool in a spotlight, smoking a cigarette, some kind of ghoulish prop in the background (changed every week), making cool/snide comments in between scenes of the movies.

He also hosted "Studio Wrestling" earlier in the evening - promoting Jumping Johnny Davasio, Bruno Sammartino, Killer Kowalski, etc., etc. Remember the American Heating commercials with the real Pie Traynor (?spelling?) hawking their services?????

Thanks for a real blast from the past. Bill Cardille was the coolest guy ever on television (could give 'Cardone the 6).

havoc
01-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Havoc,
Yes, it was great. I watched every Saturday night at 11:30 PM for many years. Double feature, grade B horror movies, black and white; "Chilly Billy Cardille" (not Cardone).

He usually wore a tuxedo, sat on a stool in a spotlight, smoking a cigarette, some kind of ghoulish prop in the background (changed every week), making cool/snide comments in between scenes of the movies.

He also hosted "Studio Wrestling" earlier in the evening - promoting Jumping Johnny Davasio, Bruno Sammartino, Killer Kowalski, etc., etc. Remember the American Heating commercials with the real Pie Traynor (?spelling?) hawking their services?????

Thanks for a real blast from the past. Bill Cardille was the coolest guy ever on television (could give 'Cardone the 6).

thats right.
if i remember right(and so far i haven't)he was in a dungeon looking set,like an old castle,with flasks bubbling over.

don't remember the commercials.

i used to love his show.

thanks for the correction.

havoc
01-14-2008, 08:13 PM
http://www.chillertheatermemories.com/TheLab.html

jay helfert
01-14-2008, 08:14 PM

In the old days, we just called him "Cardone". That was all you had to say, and everyone knew who you were talking about.

PoolBum
01-14-2008, 09:45 PM
In the old days, we just called him "Cardone". That was all you had to say, and everyone knew who you were talking about.

Grady used to call him "Cardone" on their Accu-Stats tapes, and once in a while he would call him "Mr. Cardone" when Billy was actually right about something. :D