PDA

View Full Version : what maker/brand do you play the most?

trustyrusty
01-28-2008, 02:40 PM
What cue gets the most play? Simple question - one cue answer please (description would be great too).

My main player - McDermott M64C Phoenix (Oct. 06 cue of the month) 18.8 oz. a shade under 13mm with a newly installed Sniper ... the rest is all typical stock (3/8-10 etc.). The zebrawood on my cue isn't straight grained on the forearm; more of a spalted look - pretty cool looking IMO, and the cocobolo, paduke, and German brass rings at all points set it off. :p The leather wrap is just ok (looks wise), but I like it (when playing with it)

what's yours?

trustyrusty
01-28-2008, 02:43 PM
oops, forgot the other pic....

BVal
01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Keith Josey Fancy Sneaky Pete.
It is Bocote wood with 3 inlays (top of points, bottom of points and right above butt cap). Two custom fitted 314-2 shafts with matching ring work. One shaft has a Moori H and the other has a Kamui H. I love it. It is the only cue I play with.

BVal

TheBook
01-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Gilbert J/B with a 314 shaft.

despotic931
01-28-2008, 02:50 PM
It is Bocote wood with 3 inlays (top of points, bottom of points and right above butt cap). Two custom fitted 314-2 shafts with matching ring work. One shaft has a Moori H and the other has a Kamui H. I love it. It is the only cue I play with.

BVal
:mad: <---pure envy

trustyrusty
01-28-2008, 02:51 PM

BVal

which shaft/tip combo do you usually perfer?

BVal
01-28-2008, 02:52 PM
:mad: <---pure envy
Shouldn't your face be green then :D:D:D:D

Just playin. I bought it about 2 or 3 months ago now and love it. Wish I could buy another one but I could bearly afford the first one :)

BVal

BVal
01-28-2008, 02:54 PM
which shaft/tip combo do you usually perfer?
I play with the Moori H shaft the most. I just recently had the Kamui H installed and I like it as well. To be honest I really like both of them. I am starting to lean towards the Kamui H though (the more and more I play with it).

BVal

Cue Freak
01-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Right now I'm playing with a straight black Jacoby with a 314-2 shaft and a Karomi tip.

despotic931
01-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Shouldn't your face be green then :D:D:D:D

Just playin. I bought it about 2 or 3 months ago now and love it. Wish I could buy another one but I could bearly afford the first one :)

BVal

Oh well, maybe with this tax return that is coming...

JohnPT
01-28-2008, 02:59 PM
I just recently went back to my Scruggs.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g286/johnereyes/DSC01448.jpg

Cuaba
01-28-2008, 03:24 PM
I travel with a custom cocoblo Southwest with ivory points, stitching, inlays, ferrules, and custom SW joint protectors. I break, play, and jump with it.

leehayes
01-28-2008, 03:51 PM
I use a few cues on and off...but without a doubt the one I keep coming back to is my BCM John Davis blank. Full spliced ebony with a leather wrap. Currently has a moori tip that I'm pretty sure is a medium...not positive.

mr8ball
01-28-2008, 03:57 PM
I have been playing with a Schon for about 10 years. I just went to an OB1 from a 314 shaft about 2 years ago and love it. The OB1 has a hard moori tip and have had it on there for 2 years and it still plays very good.

Stones
01-28-2008, 08:14 PM
I hung up an old Schon that I bought used in '93 about three years ago for a very simple Mystick sneaky pete ($150 retail) with a sniper tip.

I love it because it plays a lot better than I do. LOL

Stones

Bluesteel
01-28-2008, 08:24 PM
This is my Mike Cochran, and I won't ever play with anything else...unless I am in a room full of idiots, and then I use my wrapless Olney.

Mark

SPINDOKTOR
01-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Currently Im using a Fury RP-9 19.5 oz with a Sterling single layer medium hard tip 12.5mm tip size.

Jallan
01-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Chad Carter

Curly maple plain jane
Brown leather wrap
3/8 x 11 joint
2 shafts at 12.25 and 12.75

rzrbak98
01-28-2008, 08:52 PM
BLUDWORTH SNEAKY

ebony an curley maple
ll.75 mm shaft
dynomite med tip:D :D :D

pwd72s
01-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Right now..Keith Josey. One of his "return to pantograph" cues. 4 razor sharp veneered points. Linen wrap. Original shafts with talisman tips...only one shaft used, so far. Someday I'll have to sit down & figure out how to use the digital camera some friends gave me...but I'm computer illiterate, so probably couldn't figure out how to post the pic once I took it.

TWOFORPOOL
01-28-2008, 10:27 PM
I know this guy who bought a loaded Samboti that he designed. Its gotta be worth 15k - 25k easily. The guy plays everyday with it and even breaks with it. You can tell it has a lot of miles on it but its still straight as an arrow. His backup cue is a Old Joss West that he also designed (I KIDD YOU NOT) and it's got to be worth 5k easly. Makes me sick!

trustyrusty
01-28-2008, 10:30 PM
I know this guy who bought a loaded Samboti that he designed. Its gotta be worth 15k - 25k easily. The guy plays everyday with it and even breaks with it. You can tell it has a lot of miles on it but its still straight as an arrow. His backup cue is a Old Joss West that he also designed (I KIDD YOU NOT) and it's got to be worth 5k easly. Makes me sick!

I think that is cool....don't hang 'em on a wall and wait for them to appreciate - PLAY 'EM!!! very cool :cool:

RBLilly
01-28-2008, 10:43 PM
I wound up buying a custom Willeecue last year as a birthday present for myself.

It is around 19oz in weight and the butt is Bocote wood with about 80 inlays of tourquiouse and makarta in it. It also has silver ring work in it. I have two OB-1 shafts fitted to it with a 12.2mm tip. I have been using snipers, but I am trying out Hercules at the moment. I love this cue so much that I am about to get him to make me a break cue, and then a jump cue as well.

I doubt I will ever go back to production cues. LOL

Warren
01-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Gilbert J/B with a 314 shaft.

did you have gilbert or someone else match the shaft to your cue? thanks, warren..

ioCross
01-28-2008, 10:52 PM
predator w/ ob-1 :)

the only production cues i'd shoot with aside from predators are maybe vikings or players which imo are the best cues for the money

trustyrusty
01-28-2008, 10:55 PM
predator w/ ob-1 :)

the only production cues i'd shoot with aside from predators are maybe vikings or players which imo are the best cues for the money

interesting - like the OB1 better than the predator on a predator. Not sure I've ever seen that one. DO the OB1 folks make a full cue yet (or will they)?

ioCross
01-28-2008, 11:11 PM
i don't think they've made a full cue yet. they're making enough money from selling shafts :)

i heard someone at a pro-shop say that they've got like 50% of the predator market already for 2ndary shafts.

JesPiddlin
01-28-2008, 11:22 PM
What cue gets the most play? Simple question - one cue answer please (description would be great too).

This is my favorite player, right now. It's a 16 oz. Crown Cue... Zebrawood with Holly. 13mm Karomi tip on a 12 inch pro taper.

Jack Madden
01-28-2008, 11:43 PM
A Madden custom.:D :D Curly maple forearm, black leather wrap, curly maple butt.:D :D :)

NINEBALLART
01-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Jerry Olivier, 19.4 oz, stack leather wrap, 13mm shaft, med, Morri tip......[

poolhustler
01-28-2008, 11:57 PM
I have used the same cue for the last couple of years. Just got this new Starkey and have been using it for a couple of days. It will be my new player for a while. It hits absolutely great!!

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=86967

Russ.....

trustyrusty
01-29-2008, 12:11 AM
A Madden custom.:D :D Curly maple forearm, black leather wrap, curly maple butt.:D :D :)

funny, I figured you probably played another maker's cue :D What'd you hafta pay for that Madden custom BTW??? :p

spoonie
01-29-2008, 12:12 AM
Mike Capone since 2003
Pat Diveny (butterfly) got last month
Dan Dishaw when president Bushwhacker sents that check.

trustyrusty
01-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Mike Capone since 2003
Pat Diveny (butterfly) got last month
Dan Dishaw when president Bushwhacker sents that check.

What do you think of that Diveney so far? I tried one recently and REALLY liked it...I'm thinking I may need to get one myself....

softshot
01-29-2008, 12:23 AM
I like the McDermott's too

this is mine http://www.mcdermottcue.com/1206.asp

when it comes to players I like the feel and feedback of this cue.

I don't believe its all in the model, or the design. its like playing the lottery every once in a while you just get good wood. and I got good wood.

gobrian77
01-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I've got that same McDermott Phoenix Cue- I don't use it much as the wife likes it and considers it hers.;)

I like to switch cues around, but I generally play with my Mike Stacey or Schon- my Dominiak gets a fair amount of play as well.

I've got a gorgeous Gilbert, but it's not coming out of its case until my game improves a bit- I want to earn it.:cool:

berlowmj
01-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Players butt with USS and Sledgehammer with G-10 tip

Secaucus Fats
01-29-2008, 01:40 AM
My regular playing cue is a Tucker. It has a beautiful hit, and is beautiful to look at. Two shafts, ivory ferrules, leather wrap, 16 points, veneers, 8 abalone diamonds, wood piloted titanium radial joint.

Fats

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 02:05 AM

i smash the balls with a 40 year old bushka, i awalys break with my playing cue...well ok 95% of the time,

i play with a Barry Szam most of the time when i'm in action but hit bals with all my cues, the best hitting cue for me is one of my Bushkas, second is a Barry szam and its a close race, i wont travel unless i'm driving with the bushka so since I have been travelling I stick with the barry, its impossible to play at your top gear switching cues, so when i'm just messing around then i hit balls with them all, Szams are my favorite with propellors or propellors man i suck at spelling and pool this past week jay put a beating on me...ouch I played 4 guys this week and got driled by 3 the one guy i beat is a c player or maybe a C- player but i did beat him good and solid, sorry for rambling i'n just sleepy, good night to all, long day. on here for me

Scottster
01-29-2008, 02:13 AM
"Olney" cue for me.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r276/Scottster302/100_0036.jpg

Harold Smith
01-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Jerry Olivier ebony and Ivory with a Lizard wrap and Killer med. hard tip at 19.5 oz.---Smitty

Snapshot9
01-29-2008, 04:36 AM
I play with a Shurtz cue.

HIRUN526
01-29-2008, 05:13 AM
My main rod is a 1999 Searing break/jump. 57 1/2 with radial pin.
I break and play with this cue and it is a monster player.

JimS
01-29-2008, 07:26 AM
I travel with a custom cocoblo Southwest with ivory points, stitching, inlays, ferrules, and custom SW joint protectors. I break, play, and jump with it.

I'll vouch for that! And it's a Fantastic looking cue too... in addition to being incredibly collectable! (personally I think... and I'd never tell him this as he's a friend of mine, but I think he's a crazy sumb*tch for even taking it out of the house :D ..... and he BREAKS... and JUMPS with it!! It's sacreligious that's what it is! Downright sacreligious. He just keeps tellin me "cues are made to play pool with" :D :D )

Dagwoodz
01-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Here's my current player...

Barry Cameron made this off of my specs. 19.34oz, moori med tips, ivory ferrules, Curly Hawaiian Koa forearm with ebony points and ivory spears. In the butt sleeve it's ebony, with heavily figured curly koa again, with ivory diamonds. Ringset to match the veneers. My primary playing shaft is curly maple and it hits unbelieveably...

AlexB
01-29-2008, 08:36 AM
I use and love my unbelievable Showman.
Ebony on ebony with 6 veneers + 2 additional paper veneers.
The old cliche, "plays better than it looks," is apropos.

Snapshot9
01-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I have mentioned Shurtz's Cues so much, and just now noticed they have redone their website, and a picture of the front of their shop is on there.

So, If you want to see the little room on the front of their shop, go to:

http://www.shurtzcue.com/

They also have Gabe's picture when he won the Open.

Da Poet
01-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Just ordered an extra 314-2 shaft yesterday for my Pred 4 point sneaky.

Looks like I'm in for the haul! :D

9_Ball_King
01-29-2008, 10:09 AM
I play with this one.....TC-1....my buddy won it in a Tournament and someone misspelled his engraved name wrong:eek: Hence he sold me a $1000 cue for $250 before a ball was ever hit with it....

http://www.mcdermottcue.com/TimeCapsuleTC.asp

bigskyjake
01-29-2008, 10:14 AM
I play with this one.....TC-1....my buddy won it in a Tournament and someone misspelled his engraved name wrong:eek: Hence he sold me a $1000 cue for $250 before a ball was ever hit with it....

http://www.mcdermottcue.com/TimeCapsuleTC.asp

Those are cool lookin cues, with the olive wreath and everything, my buddy Lundy has an unplayed one in his display case

14oneman
01-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Been playin' with my Bill Schick, since he made it for me back in 1990. 19.5 oz., 59", 13 1/4 mm.

It's the one in my avatar:D

Oddball
01-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Lucasi LE-27
I ordered it as 21oz. because I was used to the house cues of that weight. It felt like shooting with the Hammer of Thor when I got it. I removed the bolt and the weight felt much better. Feels lighter than 18. Anyway I'm shooting with it for this year's league play. It seems to be my "lucky charm". It doesn't help me shoot better, but for some reason when I am using it for league play, my opponent will find a way to miss a critical shot. :) I was told to shorten my stroke and that alone improved my accuracy a bit.

I break with a Scorpion NT06. Used to be my playing cue. I ordered it as an 18 but the balance seems odd. However, it breaks nicely - at least for me. Maybe it's the Buffalo tip. I sanded off the coating from the shaft and now no more sticky problems - just a glass-like feel.

rogerb
01-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Predator 5K3 , OB-1 shaft & sniper tip

be1163
01-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Dishaw Custom (2006)
- Red Palm Forearm w/3L & 3S Ebony Points with Ebony Spearheads on the short points & Ivory diamond in the bottom of points.
- Red Palm Butt Sleeve w/ 4 Ivory Diamonds recut into Ebony diamonds.
- Ivory Sleeved Joint w/Radial Pin
- Ivory Butt Cap
- Ivory, Ebony & Brass Rings (A,B,C, & D)
- Black Textured Leather Wrap
- Predator 314 shaft (Matched Rings) with Sniper Tip, with more then a dime radius.
- 2 Original Dishaw 13mm Shafts w/Ivory Ferrules. (1 Unplayed)
- 58" Length & weighing in at 19.4oz.

Picture of Butt Sleeve as Avatar

TheBook
01-29-2008, 10:50 AM
did you have gilbert or someone else match the shaft to your cue? thanks, warren..

I have a Gilbert J/B that has a 5/16 piloted joint. The other pin in the handle is 3/8.
I have a semi piloted 314 that I bought for R5 Schon made in the early 80's. I was messing around one day trying different shafts on different cues and the 314 fit. Liked the way it felt and have been using it since for both breaking and playing. The weird thing is that the original Schon shaft will not fit on the Gilbert. It will only screw on about 1/4 of the pin and then binds up, but the Gilbert will fit on the Schon.

Tim-n-NM
01-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Frey sneaky pete with a sniper. Plays very nice

JimS
01-29-2008, 11:20 AM
I play with an old Sailor butt w/a custom Z2 shaft done by Ryan at Muellers.

pwd72s
01-29-2008, 11:28 AM

I have a Palmer Model M from the 2nd catalog. Why don't I play with it?

1. attracts unwanted attention

but most importantly

2. The palmer hits too stiff, like playing with galvanized pipe. I love the hit of my recently aquired Josey, my current playing cue.

BLADEPXE
01-29-2008, 11:31 AM
My main playing cue and only cue is the McDermott M6-4B, nothing added just turned down the shaft to a 12.5mm. But I should be getting a new Dominiak this week with a D2 shaft, can't wait to get it. Its just a plain W1020 full curly with no wrap, hoping it will play nice. Andi since the pins are the same I'll try this shaft on my McDermott. Can't wait to get this cue. I know it's off topic but does anyone have an old 3x? case they want to sell for cheap? ( I know it doesn't belong here I already posted this in the Wanted for Sale forum)

BLADEPXE
01-29-2008, 11:32 AM
My main playing cue and only cue is the McDermott M6-4B, nothing added just turned down the shaft to a 12.5mm. But I should be getting a new Dominiak this week with a D2 shaft, can't wait to get it:D :D . Its just a plain W1020 full curly with no wrap, hoping it will play nice. Andi since the pins are the same I'll try this shaft on my McDermott. Can't wait to get this cue. I know it's off topic but does anyone have an old 3x? case they want to sell for cheap? ( I know it doesn't belong here I already posted this in the Wanted for Sale forum:o )

DarkArtist
01-29-2008, 11:37 AM
From 1987 until late last year [with a 15 year hiatus sandwiched in] I played with a stainless-jointed plain-Jane Tad. Since November, I've mainly been shooting with a '07 Purpleheart South West. Very different animals indeed!

Jack Madden
01-29-2008, 12:28 PM
funny, I figured you probably played another maker's cue :D What'd you hafta pay for that Madden custom BTW??? :p

Depends on what you want --- plain jane to butterflys. Send me your specs and I will work up a price.

leehayes
01-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Depends on what you want --- plain jane to butterflys. Send me your specs and I will work up a price.
I want a Jack Madden cue!!!!! But he sold it on me...maybe I'll wait for the black and white butterfly.....

uwate
01-29-2008, 12:45 PM
The only pool brands that I unequivocally can I say is #1 and I would bet that most would agree with is Master Chalk and Simonis. All the rest of their competition are really just fighting for who is number 2.

imo when it comes to balls, cues, racks, tables there is alot of consistency in quality in the upper echelon brands.

jbullerjr
01-29-2008, 12:59 PM
DO the OB1 folks make a full cue yet (or will they)?

Royce used to make cues, I have a very nice coco bola sneaky pete of his from years ago. It is one of my all time favorites, I'll post some pics later.

I have been playing with my gf's Royce for a few of years, pretty nice ebony sp with white butt collar and black joint. Plays very good.

I picked up an early 70's Joss West about a year and a half ago, just can't get used to a wrap and ss joint.

All cues above have OB1's with Moori tips

I just got a couple of new ones Jacoby coco bola sp and I think I just got my new daily, Pat Diveney pics soon, OB1's are being matched now

Support cues are...

Mike Lancaster b/j with one reg shaft and one flat laminated shaft
Stealth 12 oz break cue
Stealth AT-1 jump cue

Joe Rogan
01-29-2008, 07:27 PM
I collect cues, but the cue I play with most is a Capone.
Ebony forearm with burl points and burl butt. Not too fancy, not too plain, and it hits PERFECT for me. I own about 20 cues and it's by favorite.
Mike put an elephant ear wrap on it, and it's the nuts.
13mm, medium morris.

I ordered it from Roy at www.indyq.com and he had Mike build it.
Can't go wrong with indyq. Roy is one of the nicest guys on the planet, and he knows his stuff inside and out.

LILJOHN30
01-29-2008, 08:03 PM
My main player is my purple heart and ebony Troy Downey.My break cue which is in the finishing stages, is a custom cue by Bob Flynn [ Denalie Cues ] and matches the Downey.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa183/LILJOHN30_2007/td_forearm.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa183/LILJOHN30_2007/td_butt.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa183/LILJOHN30_2007/Mydenaliejumpbreak.jpg

poolcuemaster
01-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I play with a custom cue made by one of our own AZer Bill The Cat and love it, I own at least 25 cues mostly midrange and this cue feels great. Bill sells his cues as Bill Shupert Cues or BSC and mine is a great looking four point fancy ring cue as well as a great hitter. Thanks again Bill for the chance to own and play with this masterpiece. My backup cue that was my player is a custom Danny Stout stick with OB 1 shaft.

Leonard

ridewiththewind
01-29-2008, 09:46 PM
My regular playing cue is a Tucker. It has a beautiful hit, and is beautiful to look at. Two shafts, ivory ferrules, leather wrap, 16 points, veneers, 8 abalone diamonds, wood piloted titanium radial joint.

Fats

Thanks for sharing this one, Fats! :D It is quite lovely indeed...quality work, as always, from Murray. My guess is that it is a dream to play with. :)

Mine is not as fancy, but I just adore this cue! it has such a natural feel in the hand, that you almost forget there is actually a cue there! :eek: This is one that truly feels like an extension of one's own arm. Feedback is outstanding. Truly a joy to play with...Murray builds a darn fine cue...for a 'redneck wood butcher'. ;) :D

Specs:

Bocote and birdseye
Butt weight: 15.3 ounces
Shaft weight: 3.71 ounces
Ballance point: 18.5" from butt
Shaft dia.: 13mm
Ferrule: Linen based
Tip: special
Pin: 3/8-11 stainless
J/p's: black delrin

Lisa

Scott Lee
01-29-2008, 11:22 PM
I play with both of my Samsaras...and break with them too! My show cue is a custom "spiderweb" design, that they made for me. My other Samsara is an ebony forearm and an ebony/holly/cocobolo Intarsia design on the butt sleeve.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Cuephoric
01-29-2008, 11:29 PM
My current favorite is my Ebony Bobby Hunter with Birdseye points and Turquoise inlays, with a milkdud.
I really haven't played with any of my other cues in months.

Joe Rogan
01-30-2008, 05:08 AM
I play with both of my Samsaras...and break with them too! My show cue is a custom "spiderweb" design, that they made for me. My other Samsara is an ebony forearm and an ebony/holly/cocobolo design on the butt sleeve.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Samsara makes such unique cues. They've really carved out their own "look" in the world of artistic cuemaking. That intarsia design of using all those pieces of wood fitted together is incredible.
Really beautiful cues.
Can you post a picture of yours, please?

BlowFish
01-30-2008, 05:29 AM
I rotate my cues around on a weekly basis and I love them all. ;)

My main playing cue is a Mezz PUJ-1.

poolandpokerman
01-30-2008, 05:47 AM
Schon LTD, tried others always go back to a Schon, break/jump with a Sledgehammer.

on_snap
01-30-2008, 05:52 AM
a custom benson made around 98. blue with ivory inlays and fiber joints

CocoboloCowboy
01-30-2008, 06:05 AM
Player, not real fancy. http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/flyingbrick.gif

Cue Freak
01-30-2008, 06:53 AM
Thanks for sharing this one, Fats! :D It is quite lovely indeed...quality work, as always, from Murray. My guess is that it is a dream to play with. :)

Mine is not as fancy, but I just adore this cue! it has such a natural feel in the hand, that you almost forget there is actually a cue there! :eek: This is one that truly feels like an extension of one's own arm. Feedback is outstanding. Truly a joy to play with...Murray builds a darn fine cue...for a 'redneck wood butcher'. ;) :D

Specs:

Bocote and birdseye
Butt weight: 15.3 ounces
Shaft weight: 3.71 ounces
Ballance point: 18.5" from butt
Shaft dia.: 13mm
Ferrule: Linen based
Tip: special
Pin: 3/8-11 stainless
J/p's: black delrin

Lisa

So, how much did you say you wanted for that? I'll give ya $100 :D

Seriously though, really nice looking sneaky!!

Matt

Willy_BadDream
01-30-2008, 07:28 AM
If I'm correct that table is an early 40'S Brunswick. That same table is for sale on craigslist in MN. for $900.00. It looks to be in decent shape. I would buy it but I can't fit a 9' in my house. Guess I'll have to stay with my 8'. Nice table!

I have Mcdermott HD LTD1998,LTD1999,LTD2000,LTD2001,LE2002,LE2003,LE20 04,LE2005. Iuse a LE2002 as my playing cue.

CocoboloCowboy
01-30-2008, 08:15 AM
Next week it will be this, another great playing cue.http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/woohoo.gif

Fatboy
01-30-2008, 08:22 AM
A Barry Szam and a Bushka, when I travel and check the Barry Szam i cant stand it but I do, the Bushka I wont check, I wouldnt be able to stand it if I lost that cue, Barry would hook me up if something happened, and I have a extra one too.

ridewiththewind
01-30-2008, 09:14 AM
So, how much did you say you wanted for that? I'll give ya $100 :D

Seriously though, really nice looking sneaky!!

Matt

LoL! As I have had to state on many occasions now, this one is not for sale. I would be a fool to part with such a great playing cue. :)

Thanks for the compliment, tho'. If you like this one, wait until you see what's coming down the road. :D

Lisa

Cue Freak
01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
LoL! As I have had to state on many occasions now, this one is not for sale. I would be a fool to part with such a great playing cue. :)

Thanks for the compliment, tho'. If you like this one, wait until you see what's coming down the road. :D

Lisa

Well that's a downer :) Can't wait to see the new one though, you be sure to post some pics!

Matt

shamadam
01-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Mottey players cue with a sniper tip! (at left) (Except for the next week or two because I have Mr. Kenny Koo aka Flyingsnail putting a new wrap on for me) Perfect hit for me.

nola22
01-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I play mostly with a Sirca custom--koa, ebony, ivory--with a sniper tip. I also knock around with my other sirca (ebony/abalone), my schon, and a custom by Brian Fisher aka the "Alaskan Assassin."

It's interesting to see how many differnt cues people play with--very little overlap.

I've attempted to load a photo for the first time--apologies if I screw it up.

ridewiththewind
01-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Well that's a downer :) Can't wait to see the new one though, you be sure to post some pics!

Matt

Oh yeah...you can bet I'll post pics! :D

Long ago, someone gave me a piece of advice: When you find a cue that plays extremely well for you, you never let those cues go. Unfortunately, I did have a cue that played extremely well for me, and I sold it to fund another cue by the same maker. I regretted selling that cue.

With that said, I vowed to never let that happen again. I believe that this cue plays perhaps even better than that one did, and that is saying a lot. I would be a complete fool to make that mistake again! So, the cue is staying with me...even tho' I have been offered some good money for it. :D

If you ever run into the opportunity to acquire one of Murray's cues, even used, I would highly highly recommend it. They are very consistent in play from one cue to another.

BTW...before Murray gets flooded with emails...he is not taking any orders at this time. It is my understanding that once he finishes up with what is currently in the works, he plans to take some time off. Family comes first.

Lisa

NINEBALLART
01-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Thats a beautiful Sirca cue. NICE....

Cue Freak
01-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh yeah...you can bet I'll post pics! :D

Long ago, someone gave me a piece of advice: When you find a cue that plays extremely well for you, you never let those cues go. Unfortunately, I did have a cue that played extremely well for me, and I sold it to fund another cue by the same maker. I regretted selling that cue.

With that said, I vowed to never let that happen again. I believe that this cue plays perhaps even better than that one did, and that is saying a lot. I would be a complete fool to make that mistake again! So, the cue is staying with me...even tho' I have been offered some good money for it. :D

If you ever run into the opportunity to acquire one of Murray's cues, even used, I would highly highly recommend it. They are very consistent in play from one cue to another.

BTW...before Murray gets flooded with emails...he is not taking any orders at this time. It is my understanding that once he finishes up with what is currently in the works, he plans to take some time off. Family comes first.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa, I know where you're coming from not wanting to sell it. I am pretty much the same way. I wont sell any of my cues, even if I acquire one that doesn't hit the greatest, I'd still hold on to it. Anyway, I'll keep a lookout for one of his cues and you pm me when you upload those pics ;)

Matt

JoeW
01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
We are all getting old but it is what I play with:
Porper Case circa 1995
Mace jump break Circa 1989 (?)
Paul Mottey (1987) with a Predator Z2
The Brunswick GC III is also 20+ years old.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/JoeW04/Players.jpg

Haven't found a reason to change any of it.:cool:

havoc
01-30-2008, 02:49 PM
i play with a grey stained joss from 2004.got 40.00 wrapped up in it.
also have a lucasi le-27 but it hasn't been getting much playing time.

Flex
01-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Custom Schmelke full-spliced sneaky pete, cocobolo into straight grain maple, cordovan stained stack leather wrap, 5/16 X 18 flat faced wood to wood joint, 19 oz., 11mm shaft with 16 inch pro taper, 1/4 inch ferrule, Elkmaster tip.

Plays sweet.

Flex

9 on the snap
01-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I use a Predator 4k4 with 3142 shaft I moori med tip. Very happy with it. I also use the BK2 to break.

soulcatcher
01-30-2008, 03:22 PM
I use a Predator 4k4 with 3142 shaft I moori med tip. Very happy with it. I also use the BK2 to break.

I want a 314-2. I play with a Predator 3K7, switched from the Z to the Z2 a few months ago. I also use the Predator BK2 for breaks, as well as a Lucassi Jumper.

Joe Rogan
01-30-2008, 06:23 PM
That Sirca is gorgeous!! Very unique looking cue.

p1noy
01-30-2008, 06:28 PM
ridiculously goodlooking cue!:cool:

jay helfert
01-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Been playing with my Josey for 10 years now. I get attached to my playing cue. I wouldn't trade it for a Balabushka, and I'm serious.

It's a plain stained gray maple cue made in 1995. The joint is stainless steel, and the only time it's left my side is when I had to ship it to Keith to make me a second shaft.

My shaft is worn down to under 12.5 mm, but I love it just like it is. I have other playing cues I like, but the Josey is my number one cue.

Koop
01-30-2008, 08:16 PM
My Mike Webb with another on it's way soon.

http://www.easypooltutor.com/modules/PhotoGallery/albums/Cues/Curly_and_Dark_Coc_62607.jpg

Ktown D
01-30-2008, 08:40 PM
This is my choice of weapons by Andy Gilbert:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e265/jda76/100_1348-1.jpg

Ktown D
01-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Show off.... :D :D :D :D

Nice set you got there
Thank you sir. Now if I could just play a lick.

zcat27
01-30-2008, 08:54 PM

Now that's a nice cue!!!

Hustler08
01-30-2008, 09:09 PM
My Hunter Classic custom from Wes :D

tom haney
01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Unwrapped 1/1 Tim Scruggs. about 19.4 oz.
Not real stiff. Medium hitting stick. I love it.

Hustler08
01-30-2008, 09:14 PM
One my pic of it :)

deanoc
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
those butterfly cues are nice,I really like their cues I try to buy 2 a month,I am going to get a butterfly next.Mine play very good too

hang-the-9
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Mine is a Samsara Bubinga Barcue. Hits so soft you forget you hit anything soon as the tip contacts the ball. Best part about them is that 95% of the people think you are playing with a low end McD and try to show off their fancy Vikings as they walk by me :-)

tom haney
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
I play with a Shurtz cue.

My 2nd favorite. Very similar to my Scruggs at a fourth the price.

trustyrusty
01-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Mine is a Samsara Bubinga Barcue. Hits so soft you forget you hit anything soon as the tip contacts the ball. Best part about them is that 95% of the people think you are playing with a low end McD and try to show off their fancy Vikings as they walk by me :-)

One of my teammates plays a plain jane SW. One night a guy from an opposing team was showing off his brand new Schon (I believe it was a cx-01 - really, a nice looking cue, but one of the lowest priced Schons). He was talking it up, and talking it up; I can understand, getting a new cue is always cool. When he gets to my buddy with the SW, he says, "did you get a chance to see it yet?". He complimented him on a very nice choice in cue, etc. And the guy says, "yeah, it was very pricey, but when you get a nice one with points like this and all, you gotta be willing to pay for it". My buddy said, "yeah, that's why I play my plain jane here, I'm not willing to spend a whole lot on a cue". We gotta a lil chuckle out of it, but didn't wanna tell the guy that he coulda bought 3 (or more) of his Schons for the price of that plain jane.

J$Cincy
01-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I Was Playing With My Searing For A While , Then Picked Up A 60 " Ebony Gilbert Jump/break , 3/8x10 Wood To Wood Joint And Switched To It. It Plays Great. I Use Hard Talisman Tips Too. I'm 6'7 So The Longer Cue Tends To Work A Little Better For Me.

cincyman
02-01-2008, 01:56 AM
I Was Playing With My Searing For A While , Then Picked Up A 60 " Ebony Gilbert Jump/break , 3/8x10 Wood To Wood Joint And Switched To It. It Plays Great. I Use Hard Talisman Tips Too. I'm 6'7 So The Longer Cue Tends To Work A Little Better For Me.
Thats because the guy who had that Searing before you never missed a ball and the cue got used to that!!
Searing dont like change better Give it back to me:eek:
Next time we talk ill tell ya what i did to your boy Fred

Dak21st
02-01-2008, 05:33 AM
Thats because the guy who had that Searing before you never missed a ball and the cue got used to that!!
Searing dont like change better Give it back to me:eek:
Next time we talk ill tell ya what i did to your boy Fred
Whoa! What a minute does that mean I get it back?

kingwang
02-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Predator Sneaky Pete with Z2 shaft...all stock

SP4RW

snowmon34
02-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Jeff Olney........

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/snowmon34/000_0532.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/snowmon34/000_0527.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/snowmon34/000_0525.jpg

cincyman
02-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Whoa! What a minute does that mean I get it back?
WHOAAAAAAA!

PickPocket
02-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I play w/this. Have been since they first came out. it is #7 of #10 Inaugural editions! it comes with the Smart Shaft LS w/ Morrii tip. :D

Great Cue!

poolpunk
02-16-2008, 05:26 PM
This is what I normally play with. Arnot Black African Roadplayer.

dfc122
02-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Cue: Roger Pettit sneaky pete
Made: 1982
Weight: 21oz
Length: 59in

RichZuHaus
02-16-2008, 07:10 PM
What do you think of that Diveney so far? I tried one recently and REALLY liked it...I'm thinking I may need to get one myself....

I've recently acquired a Diveney cocobolo sneaky with two of Pat's Lakewood shafts. It hits a ton!

I think I may have to place an order with him for a fancier one.

R.S.