PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's Heart in San Francisco? looking to play some

ugotactionTX
01-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey there,

I will be in SF on business for about a week. I will be arriving on the 7th of Feb. If anyone would like to meet up somewhere for a little poooool I will probably have some time (more in the evenings) If no one from AZ is around, where should I head for some action? Friendly wagers or for the fun of it is fine. Just looking to kill some time. I play all the games but I'm REALLY into 1hole right now

Any historic locations to check out? I'm sure all the old pool halls have closed or been converted into bodega's. I would still like to check them out. Maybe peek through the windows and imagine their glory day's... I'm funny like that!

thanks

8ballEinstein
01-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Family Billiards on Geary is my favorite whenever I'm in town.

Over the weekend (Feb. 9 and 10) many players from the Bay Area will be in Holllywood for the Jay Swanson Memorial. If you can break away, come on down.

Franky
01-28-2008, 10:09 PM
In the city:
Family Billiards on Geary
http://familybilliardssf.com/

On the peninsula:
California Billiard Club
http://www.californiabilliardclub.com/

I've been fairly busy lately, but shoot me a PM with your number and the day's you'll be in town...perhaps we can play a bit. I'd prefer CBC.

ugotactionTX
01-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Family Billiards on Geary is my favorite whenever I'm in town.

Over the weekend (Feb. 9 and 10) many players from the Bay Area will be in Holllywood for the Jay Swanson Memorial. If you can break away, come on down.
as much as I'd love to go down to hollywood.... I will be responsible for the "technical"aspects of our booth at the NADA convention. I can leave the building, but probably not the city. BTW how far would it be?

VonRhett
01-28-2008, 11:07 PM
BTW how far would it be?

So you're downtown SF near the Moscone Center and you wan to run down to Hollywood? No problemo!!

Just hop on the 101 So (there's a ramp just a few blocks from Moscone), then go South on Hwy 101 for about, oh, 6-1/2 hours. :D

-von

ABall
01-28-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm always around if you want to meet up and play. Family is my home pool hall; I'm one of the only AZer's that activily plays out of Family. Monday and Thursday nights are tournament nights and are plenty of players to get action. Other than Family, there's not a whole lot in SF. Feel free to pm me when it gets closer. We can meet up.

-Alex

ugotactionTX
01-28-2008, 11:42 PM
thanks... I will

sixpack
01-29-2008, 12:12 AM
If you can hop across the Bay bridge to Emeryville there are a lot of 1-hole players at The Broken Rack. League on Monday nights you'll probably get action after league winds down around 9 or so. Almost guarantee $5 or less action, more if you want probably.

If you come down on Monday, I'll buy you a beer and we can bang 'em around a little.

~rc

bullshooter69
02-08-2008, 04:14 AM
Hey, big boy why dont you come on back to Texas so we can all play. There is no use in you running all over the world looking for a little action you can get that here BIGBOY.

ugotactionTX
02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
you sick puppy

RunoutalloverU
02-10-2008, 12:08 PM
family billiards, although not in the best neighborhood, is a really neat looking place. Looks like it used to a old movie theatre that they converted into a pool hall, don't let the outside of the place fool you, its huge on the inside and they have to great tables, that range from super tough, to not so tough, I live in orange county, and I went there once for the pechauer tour, awesome place.

Peer
02-10-2008, 12:10 PM
If anyone would like to meet up somewhere for a little poooool I will probably have some time (more in the evenings) If no one from AZ is around, where should I head for some action?

You could always meet up at Shoreline Billiards and play the now notorious super midget "APA-4" Chris Capp, or Bob Jewett... or perhaps even me (although I hate one pocket).

-- peer