PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Poolhall in SLC Utah

tjlmbklr
01-28-2008, 11:51 PM
I am here on business. I am looking for a nice "hoodlum" free place to hang my hat and shoot some friendly stick. I didn't even bring my cues but want to experience other Poolhalls.

TJ

atthecat
01-29-2008, 12:06 AM
That's funny, I just posted the same question a day ago. Here's what I got:

Unfortunately as far as pool halls in Utah goes it's slim pickin's.

There is a new bar/room that just opened up. It's called Shooters. Most of the players in Salt Lake have been going there. Mark Tadd was practicing there a few days ago. They have 3 Gold Crowns & like six or seven Bar Boxes.

The Ritz is kind of dumpy but has Diamonds and Gold Crowns & a 6'x12' table for golf. Not many players go here though.

EO's Billiards is a pretty good place to go but it is pretty far away from the ski resorts and is in kind of a rough area.. They have Gold Crowns and Diamond tables too..

Shooters
258 West 3300 South Salt Lake City

The Ritz
2265 South State Street
South Salt Lake

Eo's
4085 West 4700 South
Kearns

Someone said free pool on Mondays at Shooters.

PickPocket
01-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Yep couldnt have been said any better! I'll also add that if you dont mind a bar atmosphere (Tuesdays @ The Cell Block) are free pool, they have 4 tables they just refelted. (Bar box sorry!) but my point is there are a few guys that get there around 4-5pm and start shooting earlier and the place is pretty dead, but they shoot good which makes it challenging and fun.

Also they have the best Ribye Steak special $6.00! great steak dinner! anytime before 8pm!

CellBlock is 3300S. and about 1000 E. North side of Road.

tjlmbklr
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks both of you. I didn't realize the drinking restrictions they have here. That should keep the obnoxious drunks to a minimum (hopefully). Big change of pace for a guy from Brew City WI

TJ

Poolfiend
01-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Depending on where you're staying, I would recommend Shooters. It serves beer, no smoking (they have a little outdoor Patio, but it is about 20 degrees here at night) New tables in great condition. Owner (Jeff) hell of a guy. I usually don't go on Tuesdays, but if you're going to be there let me know. Always like to meet a friendly AZer.

Kevin