PDA

View Full Version : Grady and Roadman

streak
01-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know how Grady and Justin played ( at DCC ) and how they came out??? I know they played many hours,and am curious as to the result. Thanks!!!

iba7467
01-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Does anyone know how Grady and Justin played ( at DCC ) and how they came out??? I know they played many hours,and am curious as to the result. Thanks!!!

First set Grady gets 20-10 in 1 hole race to 5. Grady wins 4. Justin wins 4. Grady wins final game of set

Second set Grady gets 13-7 (I believe). Roadman wins.

rikdee
01-29-2008, 09:56 AM
As a sidebar to the thread, can anyone explain the protocol used to re-spot pocketed balls when such games as 20-10 are played?

_Rick

iba7467
01-29-2008, 09:58 AM
explain the protocol used to re-spot pocketed balls when such games as 20-10 are played?

_Rick

Each player begins in the negative. Roadman had to spot his first 12 balls just as if he had scratched 12 times and Grady had to spot 2.

Gerry
01-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Second set Grady gets 13-7 (I believe). Roadman wins.

I hope not! :D....I won a bet on Grady winning the 2nd set.

Robertduke
01-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I hope not! :D....I won a bet on Grady winning the 2nd set.
Ive heard that Grady won the second one and Ive Heard Justin won the second one... :o

easy-e
01-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Grady ended up down overall with Justin. I think they jacked the bet up high in the last set and Justin won. Overall for the DCC Grady was up, but not with Justin.

ragbug74
01-29-2008, 12:00 PM
As a sidebar to the thread, can anyone explain the protocol used to re-spot pocketed balls when such games as 20-10 are played?

_Rick

I saw part of the first set. They started the game with 12 coins on the rail for Justin and 2 for Grady. As they made balls throughout the game, they were spotted until either player ran out of coins. At this point, balls made by a player who didn't have any coins remaining on the rail stayed down. The other player continued to spot balls until his coins were gone.

Ken_4fun
01-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I saw part of the first set. They started the game with 12 coins on the rail for Justin and 2 for Grady. As they made balls throughout the game, they were spotted until either player ran out of coins. At this point, balls made by a player who didn't have any coins remaining on the rail stayed down. The other player continued to spot balls until his coins were gone.

For you old timers or road warriors,,,,,how often did you see 20-10 or similar?

I dont see it much. I mean I see games where they start 1 or 2 in the hole, but damn thats alot of pennies!

Ken

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 01:46 PM
For you old timers or road warriors,,,,,how often did you see 20-10 or similar?

I dont see it much. I mean I see games where they start 1 or 2 in the hole, but damn thats alot of pennies!

Ken

I got 20-3 from Richie Rich in Tampa and came out ahead.
I got 20-8 at Breakers in Mobile for 300 jellybeans a game and went from winner to even and eventually lost $1,500 after a long session.
Doug
( I still think I got 'jarred', there were some unscrupulous characters from New Orleans lurking around ) :)

Williebetmore
01-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Local guy used to play people here 40-8 (I wasn't there, but a reliable source says this is true). I guess they had to shore up the table to support the weight of the pennies.

Williebetmore
01-29-2008, 02:17 PM
I got 20-3 from Richie Rich in Tampa and came out ahead.
I got 20-8 at Breakers in Mobile for 300 jellybeans a game and went from winner to even and eventually lost $1,500 after a long session.
Doug
( I still think I got 'jarred', there were some unscrupulous characters from New Orleans lurking around ) :)

SB,
Too funny. Most of us believe that if you are not sure that you got "jarred", then you have too much experience with mind altering substances. If you actively want to be "jarred" then you definitely have issues.

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 02:31 PM
SB,
Too funny. Most of us believe that if you are not sure that you got "jarred", then you have too much experience with mind altering substances. If you actively want to be "jarred" then you definitely have issues.

Oh, I was 'jarred' alright. I've been jarred so long now, that I'm PICKLED.
Doug
( someone put Visine in my soda....and I think I know WHO too..... imo )

Hal
01-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Is there anyone alive that plays better one pocket than Roadman? Including Efren?

shag_fu
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah Im preatty sure there is. It just depends on the day. He quit up 2 on ike gettin 10-8/9-8 after ike asked to play even(I dont put ike in the top 10 as of yet). He plays cliff 10-8/9-8 and comes out ahead but not by a mile. I would guess if shannon was in stroke it would be a very tough game as well as chohan. Frost doesnt get there as he's a little to showy at times. I would say gabe might give him a little trouble as well but I havent seen him play yet. Just my 2 sense.

lfigueroa
01-29-2008, 04:57 PM
AZBer Lou Figeuroa 'Retired' Me From Pool 3 Years Ago (come next month)

oh Jimmey Cricket, stop it. It was close at 10-6 and I have no idea why you got so worked up about it. Coulda gone either way.

Lou Figueroa
no, really

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 05:16 PM
oh Jimmey Cricket, stop it. It was close at 10-6 and I have no idea why you got so worked up about it. Coulda gone either way.

Lou Figueroa
no, really

You play REAL good, but you memory is slipping;
10 to -3
10 to 0
10 to 0
10 to -1
10 to -3
This was on the Diamond table. It was embarrassing and enough to make me quit pool forever.

Duog
( thanks.....THANKS A LOT ) :)

*Sorry for putting the E in front of the U in your name.... imo

streak
01-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm still not sure what happened with Grady and Roadman. What was the bet??? who won what??? They played for two or three days...had to be more than two short sets. I guess I didn't appreciate how good Justin plays. Anyway...more info would be nice.
Thanks in advance...

shag_fu
01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
They played a few maybe 3 sets total. short races to 5-6. couple k a set at least. Grady made some good games and had a willing backer so he had confidence and cash.

cuetechasaurus
01-29-2008, 06:06 PM
So are some of you saying that Frost can't beat Roadman playing 1hole even? How much weight does Roadman get/need from Efren? Just curious.

Hal
01-29-2008, 06:09 PM
How much weight does Roadman get/need from Efren? Just curious.

Not much. If any.

cuetechasaurus
01-29-2008, 06:16 PM
LOL

I hope you are joking :eek:

Frost will kill Cone even. IMO

I couldn't tell if Hal was joking or not. Now I can. lol

Scott Lee
01-29-2008, 06:17 PM
WBM...GEEZ! I hope they actually BET somethin', cause DAMN, that is one longass OP game! LOL Only the house would win! :eek: :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Local guy used to play people here 40-8 (I wasn't there, but a reliable source says this is true). I guess they had to shore up the table to support the weight of the pennies.

Hal
01-29-2008, 06:19 PM
No I wasn't joking. IMO He's that good. As good as Efren? Nah. But I think he'd give anyone else a tough game. He gave SVB a tough game playing even.

But then again, I'm not one to be judging people on a game I don't know. I'm just going by what I saw.

DeadPoked
01-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Shane doesn't even play 1 pocket and beat Cone even. I admit that it is kind of tough to judge Shanes 1 hole game because the guy has NEVER lost matching up at 1 pocket. NEVER. Heard straight from the horses mouth.

Russ Chewning
01-29-2008, 06:34 PM
No I wasn't joking. IMO He's that good. As good as Efren? Nah. But I think he'd give anyone else a tough game. He gave SVB a tough game playing even.

I was there and watched it in person, and personally, I don't think Cone can get there even against Shane.

Keep in mind, it would not bode well for Shane's action to crush a guy like Cone too quickly. I really think he kept in mind Cooney's modus operandi to let the set go nice and long, to make all the sweators think the win was just Cone mentally lagging at the end. If he runs over Cone in an hour, you can bet that would wake up a few people.

I play just a little One Pocket, and from watching Cone play in both the SVB and Grady matches, he gives a world class shooter like Shane just a little too much air, and gets outmoved by a player of Grady's smarts.

Let me reiterate that: I think he gets both outmoved and outshot by someone in the top 10 One Pocket players in the world. I think he really needs two balls against Cliff. And if he comes out ahead against Cliff? I wanna know who's putting up Cliff's end, if you know what I mean.

In the Grady match, even twitching, shucking and jiving the way he was, Grady put him in bad trap after bad trap, after bad trap. It was painful to watch Grady keep missing shots, though. In his prime, I would have bet my HOUSE on Grady giving Cone a ball.

Of course, Cone is a great player, but he's closer to Richie Rich than he is Efren and Gabe.

Russ

dudlock
01-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Hasn't Gradys' game dropped quite a bit. I mean I think that back in the times when Grady had the room in Co. City, he would have offered to play the kid even, I'm sure. I don't the game that good. Maybe I am wrong..

Russ Chewning
01-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Hasn't Gradys' game dropped quite a bit. I mean I think that back in the times when Grady had the room in Co. City, he would have offered to play the kid even, I'm sure. I don't the game that good. Maybe I am wrong..

Nah, he'd have offered him a ball. Didn't he offer EVERYONE he didn't know a ball in One Pocket back in those days?

Russ

pool-is-cool
01-30-2008, 03:21 AM
how did the match up between cone and billy go when they played at Diamonds in dallas? what was the spot and who won what? Frost and Cliff were here then too; did Cone match up with either of them?

easy-e
01-30-2008, 06:08 AM
we probably whouldn't talk about all of these details, action might get knocked.

Ktown D
01-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Justin would have a tough game getting 2 balls from Cliff and Scott. I think 10-8 is the right game and I still don't really like JC.

He can get good weight from Efren, probably 12-8 12-7.

IMHO FWIW LMNOP