PDA

View Full Version : JAY HELFERT's METAMORPHOSIS at DCC

JoeyA
01-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Jay took on a unique metamorphosis at the Derby City Classic that some of you missed and as an earnest contributor to the AZ Scuttlebutt, I wanted to share it with you.

Here is Jay at his best. :D :eek: :D

JoeyA

easy-e
01-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Very nice work Joey. Even the toupee is blue!

Mike Templeton
01-29-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm not one who judges people on their sexual orientation....:)

jay helfert
01-29-2008, 11:09 AM
VERY FUNNY! HA HA HA!

I may be the Gingerbread Man, but Joy Boy has become the Phantom when TAR starts talking about booking us for the under card of the next Shane-Alex match. He seems to be at a loss for words when asked repeatedly if he wants to play. What's up with that Joy?

Watch out, the Gingerbread Man is coming to get you!

catscradle
01-29-2008, 11:12 AM
VERY FUNNY! HA HA HA!

I may be the Gingerbread Man,...

Sounds like a great nickname to me. :)

SpiderWebComm
01-29-2008, 11:12 AM
I gotta admit, that one had me laughing ... "Good work, the toupee is even blue!"

LOL

I think this will be an exciting match, I hope TAR sets it up.

Dead Money
01-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Joy Boy vs. The gingerman! Haha:D

Terry Ardeno
01-29-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm not one who judges people on their sexual orientation....:)

Mike,
Your quote lost me, as I don't get what you're trying to say :confused: . If you look real close (and I mean you have to look really closely) you can see a wee tiny little nodule-like itty-bitty bump in the area of the aforementioned figure that would help denote the sexuality of said character. In other words, that is a male cartoon. So JoeyA has kept it clean on "man-hood".

As a sidebar, JoeyA & Jay, you guys are both terrific sports to keep us railbirds in stitches while we read all the balleyhooing between you both!
You both get King Kong kudos for keeping it clean and good natured.
And some of this woofing is really funny stuff to boot! Good job guys!:D

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 12:58 PM
i think the undercard match is a great plan, 2 well known players to warm up the audience and give people a great match to watch before the main event, it would also be good for TAR because it affords the buyers of the ppv's a 2-3 hour window to log on before the main event. Thats why they have undercard fights in boxing to let the arena fill up for the main event, I think a match between jay and Joey would be great too bad they can seem to come to terms, i thought that was settled, i would love to watch a $5,000 match with them, i wouldnt bet on it its just to close.

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 01:04 PM
i think the undercard match is a great plan, 2 well known players to warm up the audience and give people a great match to watch before the main event, it would also be good for TAR because it affords the buyers of the ppv's a 2-3 hour window to log on before the main event. Thats why they have undercard fights in boxing to let the arena fill up for the main event,

I think a match between jay and Joey would be great too bad they can seem to come to terms, i thought that was settled, i would love to watch a $5,000 match with them, i wouldnt bet on it its just to close.

NIT !
Doug
( if you're scared, just say SCARED )

Neil
01-29-2008, 01:21 PM

storke
01-29-2008, 01:31 PM
thanks for the laugh i needed it today.

JoeyA
01-29-2008, 01:32 PM
i think the undercard match is a great plan, 2 well known players to warm up the audience and give people a great match to watch before the main event, it would also be good for TAR because it affords the buyers of the ppv's a 2-3 hour window to log on before the main event. Thats why they have undercard fights in boxing to let the arena fill up for the main event, I think a match between jay and Joey would be great too bad they can seem to come to terms, i thought that was settled, i would love to watch a $5,000 match with them, i wouldnt bet on it its just to close.

JoeyA is holding out for a sponsor for the match and an all expense paid trip, first class just like Fatboy likes to travel. :D

JoeyA (also likes Jay on a string ;) )

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 01:34 PM
JoeyA is holding out for a sponsor for the match and an all expense paid trip, first class just like Fatboy likes to travel. :D

JoeyA (also likes Jay on a string ;) )

if you play him there i'll cover your airfare, 100% I give you my word on that. I want to see the match.

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Terry, this kinda bothers me. Just WHY are looking that close to find a gingerbread man's little bump? Strange...very strange!:eek: :D

That's not so bad.... I have an urge to dunk him in milk and EAT HIM.....
Doug
( but not the BLUE parts )

BlowFish
01-29-2008, 01:40 PM
And the drama continues. I love AZB, it's worth my $$$.

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Smorgass Bored
Bet Sumpin, FATBOY !

^^^^i'm trying.

Terry Ardeno
01-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Terry, this kinda bothers me. Just WHY are looking that close to find a gingerbread man's little bump? Strange...very strange!:eek: :D

WHOA!!! :eek:

Neil,
I was doing a "public service" to the good folks here at AZB, PLUS I was a little bamboozled by Mike's post. I thought that he looked and couldn't see the gingerbreadMAN's "little (very little) uh, bump, so since I just happened to have a magnifying glass in my hand while I was perusing these threads, it happened to come in handy.
Consider it meritorious service to the good of forumhood.
And remember Neil, I wouldn't tell you any half truths unless they were completely accurate!:)

PS- Read my avator....Happily married to a WOMAN.....STILL love my wife.

Case closed. Magnifying glass put back in drawer. Going back to the rail...:D

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 01:55 PM
PS- Read my avator....Happily married to a WOMAN.....STILL love my wife.

i'm lucky like that too, not married but couldnt be happier

ScottW
01-29-2008, 01:58 PM
And here I thought Joey meant that Jay grew a cocoon, and later hatched out as a huge killer BUG and started eating people.

:P

SJDinPHX
01-29-2008, 02:03 PM
I am in total agreement with your evaluation. except we need more info
on the sexual orientation of the parties involved.
(Responding to Terry's last quote) forgot to push the quote button!!

JoeyA
01-29-2008, 02:03 PM
And here I thought Joey meant that Jay grew a cocoon, and later hatched out as a huge killer BUG and started eating people.

:P

FOCUS Scott, focus. :)
JoeyA

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Sung to this tune:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG2hW5oKyN0

Who can take a pool game (who can take a pool game).
And make a bet or two (and make a bet or two)
Then disappear from sight, when the money's on the light.
The Gingerbread Man, The Gingerbread Man

The Gingerbread Man, cause he woofs it up all night and then he disappears from sight

Who is always yapping (who is always yapping)
About the people that he's played (bout the the people that he's played)
He get's the game he asks for, then slips out of the back door.
The Gingerbread Man, The Gingerbread Man.

The Gingerbread Man, cause he woofs it up all night and then he disappears from sight.

We need to take some Day-Glow (we need to take some Day-Glow)
And spray it on just right (and spray it on just right)
And when he starts to bark, he will light up in the dark.

The Gingerbread Man, cause he woofs it up all night and then he disappears from sight.

Doug
( this should get Rep from JoeyA. ) imo :)

jay helfert
01-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Anyone who is following this thread and the last one between Joey and I knows who is ducking who. One clue, it ain't me! Now this millionaire wants his expenses paid. Hey dude, I'm paying my own way! Next he'll be holding out for a backer. Poor Joy Boy got called out, and now he's squirming.

Joy Boy is developing a severe case of "duckitis". I wonder who the Gingerbread Man is now. There is old saying that is appropo here. "We tell on ourselves by the words we speak." All Joeys banter about the Gingerbread Man may as well be directed at a mirror.

One more time Joey. I'm gonna kick your butt when we play! I WANT YOU! 5-0, 5-0 that's my prediction! :D

Hidy Ho
01-29-2008, 02:26 PM

Not in San Francisco ... :D

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 02:49 PM
i'll cover all of Joey's expenses to get there just because I want to see the game, I would have covered jays too but he just said he is gonna go so that saved me a dime as I was gonna cover his too (thanks for speaking up). I know-not think but know this would be good for TAR and since I said I do things for them and was questioned what did I do or would do this is it, i'll get the players up there so they have no excuse, I want them to have as many people watching as possible so this is my way of helping, and a undercard format is a brilliant plan for all their matches in the future, hell i might play in one, but back to this game there is NO EXCUSE FOR EITHER PLAYER NOT TO SHOW UP AND PLAY because i'll make sure they are there on my dime. now whos gonna chicken out. I'm sick and tired of all the talk, excuses, etc. get your asses up there and play!!!!! what ever you bet is not my business, infact i dont even like the bet, i just like the action, I have my own plans on my next big bet which I will make public when the time is right, back to business.....whats the next excuse for not playing guys?

Terry Ardeno
01-29-2008, 02:52 PM

The Gingerbread Man, cause he woofs it up all night and then he disappears from sight

Doug

Doug, Seeing how you "super-sized" that little fellow in your avator pic, I can now say with certainty that if that is not a gingerbread MAN, then it is a gingerbread woman who is "turtleing" and is in fact scrambling for a bathroom.:eek:

Vahmurka
01-29-2008, 03:15 PM
i think the undercard match is a great plan, 2 well known players...that is Shane and Alex to warm up the audience and give people a great match to watch before the main event... that is Double J (Joey vs Jay) clash! :D

BlowFish
01-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Who's making odds that this game is not going to happen?

Hal
01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Gingerbread man aint gonna like this game. My cash is on Joyboy

boradriver
01-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Very nice offer by Fatboy. I really want to see this go down and hope to be able to attend. Fatboy if this does go down and I can make it I would like to make a small side bet with you which we can discuss in person the day of the event.

Come on guys let get a date and location and make this thing happen.

ribdoner
01-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Mike,
Your quote lost me, as I don't get what you're trying to say :confused: . If you look real close (and I mean you have to look really closely) you can see a wee tiny little nodule-like itty-bitty bump in the area of the aforementioned figure that would help denote the sexuality of said character. In other words, that is a male cartoon. So JoeyA has kept it clean on "man-hood".

As a sidebar, JoeyA & Jay, you guys are both terrific sports to keep us railbirds in stitches while we read all the balleyhooing between you both!
You both get King Kong kudos for keeping it clean and good natured.
And some of this woofing is really funny stuff to boot! Good job guys!:D

Looks can be deceiving. If you breathe in deeply through your nose you'll discover it's the not mini-mannage your pondering but shit from where the caricature soiled itself:D

jgpool
01-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Looks can be deceiving. If you breathe in deeply through your nose you'll discover it's the not mini-mannage your pondering but shit from where the caricature soiled itself:D

Are you saying that the Gingerbread Man avatar is not full of s^it anymore, he just needs a colonic therapist? :eek:

Scaramouche
01-29-2008, 05:45 PM
if you play him there i'll cover your airfare, 100% I give you my word on that. I want to see the match.

Fatboy
May I assume that your generosity only extends as far as airfare TO the match, since that is all that is required to deliver the reluctant woofer to the table?:D

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Who's making odds that this game is not going to happen?

Jay will 100% he has his nose open, I know him well and he cant stop talking about it. Jay dosent B.S. around, he WILL be there,

JoeyA I dont know him very well, but I like him, he PM'ed me a few times and was very nice and looking out for me, so I have nothing but good things to say about him, I consider him a class act and a friend who I havent met and would like to. Unfortunatly we didnt meet at the Derby this year that I can remember, I met so many people its a blur in my blurry mind.

So how does Fatboy fit into this? Well I have 2 friends who want to play and there has been alot of talk that I ignored, but Jay keeps talking to me about it. Secondly I was asked yesterday what do I do for TAR and I have done a few things and want to do more, i consider them friends as well. So in the interest of good pool I want to see this game happen, JoeyA said he likes to travel like me, and I can relate to that and respect that. Also his avitar is special to me, Since I said I want to do things for pool and give it a shot in the arm, i'm not gonna start a tour, have tournments etc yet, i dont know what the future holds, but to get my toes wet I offered to pay their expensis to go there to make the game happen, TAR should benefit, one of the 2 players will(i want jelly ;) ) and I'll be the loser but not in the long run, I want to have good credibility in pool, and after that thing yesterday i didnt sidestep any questions, I know there are people who dont like me and thats cool but they cant say i'm just talk. It's worth it to me to put my $$$ where my mouth is, and this is doing just that. There is no excuses for either player. And I 100% will not bet on this match I made my offer to back up my words that I'm here to do my best for pool, give to the sport not take someway from it,

Thats what Fatboy is all about, the tooth thing has been beat to death but I offered fair action for "BIG $$$$$$$ $$$$$$ $$$$$" to quote cornfed, it didnt happen and I respect tooth for not making that bet I had too many barrels, and he knew it, never flip coins on short $$$. this game is a tough one for both players I have been told and NOT from Jay, I do know a few other people, believe it or not. The under card concept that just popped up, its the first I heard of it is brilliant like I said before. So I want to be a part of it, but I dont want my name "Fatboy" on any of the promotions etc. I want to do it privatly, i'm not looking for attention, i've had my 15 minutes and am done with that, I want a good match.

Scott Lee
01-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Fatboy...When and where is this match planned for?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

poolhustler
01-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Joy Boy is developing a severe case of "duckitis".

From what I have read........Joey had a great teacher!!!!!!

:D

Russ..

JoeyA
01-29-2008, 06:01 PM

Doug

FUNNY MAN! That's why you are the REP KING. LOL. Rep sent.
JoeyA

JoeyA
01-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Anyone who is following this thread and the last one between Joey and I knows who is ducking who. One clue, it ain't me! Now this millionaire wants his expenses paid. Hey dude, I'm paying my own way! Next he'll be holding out for a backer. Poor Joy Boy got called out, and now he's squirming.

Joy Boy is developing a severe case of "duckitis". I wonder who the Gingerbread Man is now. There is old saying that is appropo here. "We tell on ourselves by the words we speak." All Joeys banter about the Gingerbread Man may as well be directed at a mirror.

One more time Joey. I'm gonna kick your butt when we play! I WANT YOU! 5-0, 5-0 that's my prediction! :D

I almost have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I'm not laughing at you brother. I know you are a good player. I'm laughing with you. (did you catch the brother comment?)

JoeyA (Boss, I be shakin').

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Fatboy...When and where is this match planned for?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

when i dunno, i think its in South dakota, where the TAR clan is at. I just want the game to go off, so i'm just eliminating any and all reasons why it cant happen, i'm gonna be pissed If I blow a dime and they play for $200/set. I just want to sweat it, i'll make my $$$ on a game comming up here soon, I just have to catch the game I like and find some or a corp. to cover what I want to bet, somewhere around $5,000-not more.

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 06:40 PM

I'm confused (as usual)...where are you flying JoeyA. TO ?
Is there another tournament like the DCC where Joey & Jay are going to match up ?
Doug

Thecoats
01-29-2008, 07:25 PM
i'll cover all of Joey's expenses to get there just because I want to see the game, I would have covered jays too but he just said he is gonna go so that saved me a dime as I was gonna cover his too (thanks for speaking up). I know-not think but know this would be good for TAR and since I said I do things for them and was questioned what did I do or would do this is it, i'll get the players up there so they have no excuse, I want them to have as many people watching as possible so this is my way of helping, and a undercard format is a brilliant plan for all their matches in the future, hell i might play in one, but back to this game there is NO EXCUSE FOR EITHER PLAYER NOT TO SHOW UP AND PLAY because i'll make sure they are there on my dime. now whos gonna chicken out. I'm sick and tired of all the talk, excuses, etc. get your asses up there and play!!!!! what ever you bet is not my business, infact i dont even like the bet, i just like the action, I have my own plans on my next big bet which I will make public when the time is right, back to business.....whats the next excuse for not playing guys?

Now we know what new Sheriff in town really means, positive rep to you for trying to make pool a better and more fun sport. Count me in for the PPV, hell I might even drive to SD to watch these matches, its only about six hours from Kansas City.

Thanks
-don

poolhustler
01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I just want to sweat it, i'll make my $$$ on a game comming up here soon, I just have to catch the game I like and find some or a corp. to cover what I want to bet, somewhere around $5,000-not more.

Fine already...........I'll play you some!!!

Russ....

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Next on the TAR channel

In an unreal 20 ahead set for $10,000
Played out over two days

Joey aka "Joy Boy" & Nine Ball aka Josh Hillard

VS.

Jay aka "Gingerbread Man" & Fatboy aka "The Sheriff" :) :)

Only $9.95 per day or $15 for both on their site to watch :)

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Very nice offer by Fatboy. I really want to see this go down and hope to be able to attend. Fatboy if this does go down and I can make it I would like to make a small side bet with you which we can discuss in person the day of the event.

Come on guys let get a date and location and make this thing happen.

if i fly JoeyA i wont bet on that match, but we'll find something to bet on. tails?;) :D

poolhustler
01-29-2008, 07:33 PM
I'll take heads..........For $20.00.....:)

Russ....

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Fine already...........I'll play you some!!!

Russ....

Tails?.......;)

ribdoner
01-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Next on the TAR channel

Played out over two days

VS.

The #1 seed and #4 should team up and play the #2 and #3.

I like the concept with the aforementioned adjustments.:)

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Now we know what new Sheriff in town really means, positive rep to you for trying to make pool a better and more fun sport. Count me in for the PPV, hell I might even drive to SD to watch these matches, its only about six hours from Kansas City.

Thanks
-don

OY-VEY !

SD ? SD ? SOUTH DAKOTA ?
Fatboy wants to fly JoeyA. to SOUTH DAKOTA ? That's just nuts. Where's he gonna stay, Ed's Motel ?

Poor JoeyA., out in the middle of nowhere with noone else to play when Jay's back goes out, he misplaces his glasses, his hands curl up into little knots with an attack of arthritus or he has a chance to go be on the MICROPHONE ?

JoeyA. deserves to be flown 1st class to a pool tournament comparable to the DCC, with 1st class accommodations and Five Star food provided. Someplace where he can find OTHER fish to fry when all that's left of Jay "Gingerbread Man" Helfert are the crumbs....

Jeez.... I can just envision poor warm blooded southern gentleman JoeyA. now, freezing his nuts off in barren SOUTH DAKOTA.
Similar to THIS: http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv8-wave&p=fargo

Doug

Edited to add: Fatboy, don't you think that after all the Gingerbread Man's ducking & hiding that JoeyA. deserves to be taken somewhere NICE and then PAMPERED ?
Just say yeah, ya...... like THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WkNjPqCU0o

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 07:43 PM
of the 4 players i'm the weakest.

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 07:47 PM

And Jay the gingerbread man would be #1 :) but I doubt you are the #4 here

poolhustler
01-29-2008, 07:47 PM

Me too Eric!!

Russ....

ps. HB??

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Next on the TAR channel

Played out over two days

VS.

I'll call heads when we flip it to start the set :)

ribdoner
01-29-2008, 07:53 PM

Perhaps by a smidge.

Playing 9B I'd rank Josh as the strongest (by a teeeense).

ribdoner
01-29-2008, 07:56 PM

Duplicate...

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Rib,

I have bad eyes and wear glasses.. My nerves are also shot to crap too.. No joke on either..

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Let us not forget how much of this started; http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=85254

Doug
:)

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 08:06 PM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=87411

HEHEHEHEHE
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :p :p :p

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Rib,

I have bad eyes and wear glasses.. My nerves are also shot to crap too.. No joke on either..

pssssst, Josh, go find your own hustle, I've been setting this one up for months. This is what's known as the 'slow con', much like the movie The Sting.
Doug

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 08:15 PM
pssssst, Josh, go find your own hustle, I've been setting this one up for months. This is what's known as the 'slow con', much like the movie The Sting.
Doug

Hey,

I dont Hustle!!! I get hustled.. :p

boradriver
01-29-2008, 08:32 PM
if i fly JoeyA i wont bet on that match, but we'll find something to bet on. tails?;) :D

sounds good I'm small action but it will be fun. I really hope this takes place and I going to do everything I can to get there to watch it in person.

jay helfert
01-29-2008, 10:05 PM
I almost have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I'm not laughing at you brother. I know you are a good player. I'm laughing with you. (did you catch the brother comment?)

JoeyA (Boss, I be shakin').

Joey, this is beginning to bore me. I have offered to play you for whatever you want to play for and you keep asking for more and more. Let's see, now you want your expenses paid, and are looking for a backer as well. Do your really want to play or do you just want to keep fooling around on here?

NO ONE is paying my way to get there or put up any money for me. Why are you asking for your expenses all paid? Every time I have told you I would play, you just call me the Gingerbread Man and refuse to make any kind of commitment.

I don't really want to fly all the way to South Dakota, but I will to play you. We can make the airfare part of the bet. How does that sound? It seems like everyone on here makes you the favorite over me, except me. I think you're scared! I've been around this racket a long time, and I usually have a good idea what's what and who's who.

LET'S MAKE A GAME, A TIME TO PLAY, A LOCATION AND A BET! And then let's get it on. If you beat me, I will be the first one to shake your hand. I've lost before, so I can handle it. If you do not want to make a game with me, stop all this jiving around.

The only thing that we've decided so far is that we will play two sets, Races to Five in One Pocket and Banks. EVEN! Now shit or get off the pot! I'm serious! I'm done with all this nonsense. I have better things to do then jack off about a game that isn't going to happen. If you scared, just say so and we're done. I won't hold it against you.

If you aren't willing to put something concrete together, then please let's just stop all this now. I'M READY TO PLAY YOU! Is that clear enough?

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Joey, this is beginning to bore me. I have offered to play you for whatever you want to play for and you keep asking for more and more. Let's see, now you want your expenses paid, and are looking for a backer as well. Do your really want to play or do you just want to keep fooling around on here?

NO ONE is paying my way to get there or put up any money for me. Why are you asking for your expenses all paid? Every time I have told you I would play, you just call me the Gingerbread Man and refuse to make any kind of commitment.

I don't really want to fly all the way to South Dakota, but I will to play you. We can make the airfare part of the bet. How does that sound? It seems like everyone on here makes you the favorite over me, except me. I think you're scared! I've been around this racket a long time, and I usually have a good idea what's what and who's who.

LET'S MAKE A GAME, A TIME TO PLAY, A LOCATION AND A BET! And then let's get it on. If you beat me, I will be the first one to shake your hand. I've lost before, so I can handle it. If you do not want to make a game with me, stop all this jiving around.

The only thing that we've decided so far is that we will play two sets, Races to Five in One Pocket and Banks. EVEN! Now shit or get off the pot! I'm serious! I'm done with all this nonsense. I have better things to do then jack off about a game that isn't going to happen. If you scared, just say so and we're done. I won't hold it against you.

If you aren't willing to put something concrete together, then please let's just stop all this now. I'M READY TO PLAY YOU! Is that clear enough?

I think Fatboy offered to pay for Joey to get there. Joey never asked. I never seen Joey ask for someone to back him either. I feel Joey will play you but maybe he's just giving you a taste of your own medicine in a way? :) Kind of like when you woofed at me saying you will play and how you will beat me and Joey back to back and then later said you didn't really want to play me. :eek: There's been a bit of that lately.. People say they will play someone then they didn't really mean it. lol.. :p

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Hey Ginger.. :p Look above my avatar. ;) You see what that says right? :p

!Smorgass Bored
Joey, this is beginning to bore me.
I'M READY TO PLAY YOU! Is that clear ?

CRYSTAL !

jay helfert
I think Fatboy offered to pay for Joey to get there. Joey never asked. I never seen Joey ask for someone to back him either. I feel Joey will play you but maybe he's just giving you a taste of your own medicine in a way? :) Kind of like when you woofed at me saying you will play and how you will beat me and Joey back to back and then later said you didn't really want to play me. :eek: There's been a bit of that lately.. People say they will play someone then they didn't really mean it. lol.. :p

blah blah blah blah. Save it for someone else. You're a lock artist and Joey needs the stone cold nuts. You two should play each other!

You want to play me kid? Bring all your money and I mean all of it, and we can play one game of Banks for the whole thing. You can come to wherever I play Joey, if I ever do. This ain't flipping a coin. This is pool son. Do you want to play and bet high for once in your life? Or do you want to keep trying to trap Fatboy? I KNOW you're a better player than me, but your elbow might lock up for all your cash. Mine won't! And that's the difference between me and you KID!

JoeyA
01-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Let us not forget how much of this started; http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=85254

Doug

I had almost forgotten all of the excuses Jay gave for not playing me when I went to the Derby City Classic FOR NINE DAYS.

Doug, you do deserve credit for trying to flush Jay out of that oven his daddy had him baking in except that his mom and dad were right. When Jay came out of that oven door, he was like greased lightning. The GINGERBREAD MAN was FAST, much faster than I ever expected.

I appreciate the grand effort you made for the forum & Jay & I and all that you do here. Maybe, Fatboy will provide you with a plane ticket too. ;)

I'm not really up on the where and when thing right now. I have been playing lots of pool tournaments lately and getting no where but that doesn't stop me from using up my get out of jail cards but you never know. Remember, I almost didn't make the DCC. If it hadn't have been for boradriver's generosity I would probably not have gone. Imagine what I would have missed?

JoeyA

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 10:22 PM
blah blah blah blah. Save it for someone else. You're a lock artist and Joey needs the stone cold nuts. You two should play each other!

Don't get so personal Ginger. :p You claim to be a strong shortstop. I'm such a lock artist that I haven't played in a year and took you up on your woof to play me. Yep.. Your right.. I'm a lock man..

jay helfert
01-29-2008, 10:25 PM
I had almost forgotten all of the excuses Jay gave for not playing me when I went to the Derby City Classic FOR NINE DAYS.

Doug, you do deserve credit for trying to flush Jay out of that oven his daddy had him baking in except that his mom and dad were right. When Jay came out of that oven door, he was like greased lightning. The GINGERBREAD MAN was FAST, much faster than I ever expected.

I appreciate the grand effort you made for the forum & Jay & I and all that you do here. Maybe, Fatboy will provide you with a plane ticket too. ;)

I'm not really up on the where and when thing right now. I have been playing lots of pool tournaments lately and getting no where but that doesn't stop me from using up my get out of jail cards but you never know. Remember, I almost didn't make the DCC. If it hadn't have been for boradriver's generosity I would probably not have gone. Imagine what I would have missed?

JoeyA

Okay, here's Joey's answer.

jay helfert
01-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Don't get so personal Ginger. :p You claim to be a strong shortstop. I'm such a lock artist that I haven't played in a year and took you up on your woof to play me. Yep.. Your right.. I'm a lock man..

And here's Nine Balls.

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 10:27 PM

You want to play me kid? Bring all your money and I mean all of it, and we can play one game of Banks for the whole thing. You can come to wherever I play Joey, if I ever do. This ain't flipping a coin. This is pool son. Do you want to play and bet high for once in your life? Or do you want to keep trying to trap Fatboy? I KNOW you're a better player than me, but your elbow might lock up for all your cash. Mine won't! And that's the difference between me and you KID!

Ginger, You no nut having Gingerbread Man. If you wanna start all that talk.. I will bring the freakin house and instead of your goofy ONE GAME crap like fatboy and FLIP A COIN, You can play me an ahead set in nine ball and I'll unload on you.. I'll bet my last penny.... How bout them apples?

jay helfert
01-29-2008, 10:27 PM
I challenged both of them and all I got was more bobbing and weaving.

Sorry to disappoint you gang, but I'm done with this thread.

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
And here's Nine Balls.

No, My answer is right above this post.... Notice Ginger quoted me on what I said.. What he didn't tell you was he edited the post to woof then took my answer. Once I saw the edit I think my answer is very clear on what I said below.

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 10:30 PM

Ginger I just gave you action...... Your a jerk and I can't wait to drill you.. Or are you gonna run from what I just said???????

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 10:31 PM

Ginger, You no nut having Gingerbread Man. If you wanna start all that talk.. I will bring the freakin house and instead of your goofy ONE GAME crap like fatboy and FLIP A COIN, You can play me an ahead set in nine ball and I'll unload on you.. I'll bet my last penny.... How bout them apples?

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 10:35 PM
And here's Nine Balls.

I just sent you a PM with exactly what I said here.... We all know who the mouth is if you run now.

And I never got out of line by saying any of this either.....

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 10:40 PM

Jay,
I apologize. I've been poking fun at you for a month (or more) and I had no idea that you sharked so easily, just from some online woofing. I thought that you were way more seasoned than that.

A few taunts from Josh, a dancing Gingerbread Man and a new nickname from JoeyA. and a little song from me and you've gone completely on TILT.

Once again, I'm sorry. I had no idea that you were that, ah, SENSITIVE.
Doug

Fatboy
01-29-2008, 10:50 PM
i like that one game idea for all the $$$, why waste time? i'm up for that.

ribdoner
01-29-2008, 10:51 PM
the plot thickens

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 10:53 PM
i like that one game idea for all the $$$, why waste time? i'm up for that.

I see why you and Jay are such good friends. lol. :p

jay helfert
01-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Jay,
I apologize. I've been poking fun at you for a month (or more) and I had no idea that you sharked so easily, just from some online woofing. I thought that you were way more seasoned than that.

A few taunts from Josh, a dancing Gingerbread Man and a new nickname from JoeyA. and a little song from me and you've gone completely on TILT.

Once again, I'm sorry. I had no idea that you were that, ah, SENSITIVE.
Doug

Doug,

I actually thought Joey was trying to make a game with me. Surprise, surprise! I know better now. It was just fun and games for the amusement of the AZ crowd. He had me fooled. Shame on me for going along with it.

As for Josh, I don't really care what he says or does. He has been sending me condescending PM's for two days now. He just likes to run his mouth. I guess I did get fed up with all this tonight. It finally reached the point where it wasn't fun anymore. Maybe for you it was, but not for me.

I realize now they played with me for their own amusement. Well good luck to both of them. At this point in time, I'm done talking about it.

I'm not mad Doug, or on tilt. I'm just a little disappointed. I REALLY wanted to play this game with Joey. It gave me a reason to practice and get back in stroke. Something to look forward to. A CHALLENGE! The truth is I hardly play these days, rarely going to the poolroom, and with no pool table at home either.

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 10:56 PM
the plot thickens

Not really. lol. Jay and Fatboy are just full of hot air. :) All they can do is play "one game" or "flip a coin"

I mean how can anyone respect that? It's just chicken talk... :D

Da Poet
01-29-2008, 10:57 PM
the plot thickens

Personally, I think the plot is thinning.

A lot a bark and no bite.

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Doug,

I actually thought Joey was trying to make a game with me. Surprise, surprise! I know better now. It was just fun and games for the amusement of the AZ crowd. He had me fooled. Shame on me for going along with it.

As for Josh, I don't really care what he says or does. He has been sending me condescending PM's for two days now. He just likes to run his mouth. I guess I did get fed up with all this tonight. It finally reached the point where it wasn't fun anymore. Maybe for you it was, but not for me.

I realize now they played with me for their own amusement. Well good luck to both of them. At this point in time, I'm done talking about it.

I'm not mad Doug, or on tilt. I'm just a little disappointed. I REALLY wanted to play this game with Joey. It gave me a reason to practice and get back in stroke. Something to look forward to. A CHALLENGE! The truth is I hardly play these days, rarely going to the poolroom, and with no pool table at home either.

Once again..... Jay talkin crap about playin me then "oh nevermind" lol.. Your just full of hot air man. I still got nothing against you though. But I feel your full of it.

As far as sending Jay PM's? I have sent Jay 3 PM's in the last two days..

One said, Jay, I have nothing against you and just messing with you but I will play you. Which he sent one back saying he is after Joey..

The second said
Have you heard of the gingerbread man? With a smiley face after. I said he's my personal rack boy.. With a smiley face after it.. Then I said I'm just messin with you..

The third was after his comment above calling me out and it said the same as I said here after reading his garbage.

So to me it just sounds like Jay is the one running his mouth... I said I will play him some nine ball.. What more do I have to say?? Your the one with the mouth who keeps challenging me then turning away when I say let's play..

JoeyA
01-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Jay I wanted to play you at the U.S. Open 9 Ball Championship for $50 a game, one pocket, not having the slightest idea how you played. You agreed to that but when I met you there you asked me to reduce the bet to $20 a game and I did so without blinking an eye because that's the kind of guy I am. Maybe you wanted to clock my speed. Maybe you had a case of the shorts. Maybe you just didn't want to bet $50. It doesn't matter why. You asked me to reduce the bet and I did and didn't make any mention about it until now. I came out one game ahead because you were using a crooked sneaky pete.

Then we agreed to play some $100 one pocket at 2008 DCC and I waited around for 9 days for you to play but it didn't happen. It didn't happen because YOU didn't want to play.

Now you want me to make a special effort to give you a chance to play me. Is that where you want to play, Jay? In South Dakota? Really? Just for the record, you had better have some really good answers because I doubt that I will be traveling to any other states in the next 12 months except to play in pool tournaments. And I don't travel to that many tournaments around the country. I have to be picky. You see I'm not a millionaire like you have painted me to be. :)

You would actually expect me to fly to South Dakota to play you a few games of pool. Come on GINGERBREAD MAN. Where is the fun in that?

Gingerbread Man may have to wait until DCC 2009 to do his song and dance against JoeyA.

FTR, I thought we had a "concrete" match set for DCC 2008.

I just got back from another pool tournament last weekend and so you can see I enjoy playing in pool tournaments. I think you are going to have to meet me at one of the pool tournaments if you are willing to slow those fast legs down.

I'm not scared. I would love to play you whether I win or lose.

There is a pool tournament with LOTS of good talent happening in a few weeks down at Fort Walton Beach, Florida. I hadn't planned on going but it is a great tournament and you could even bring Fatboy for the weekend fun. Maybe you and Fatboy can even take a shot at Josh Hillard. I am pretty sure he is from that area of the country. Although it is probably 5 hours drive for me, I would be willing to play you there. Are you willing to play me there? If so, let me know in advance and I will see if there are any more get out of jail cards available for me.

I will get the exact TIME AND THE LOCATION for you if you are interested.

I've ribbed you a little and you've ribbed me a little. I'm not bored. I'm not mad. I would love to play you some pool, probably not in South Dakota, probably at a pool tournament.

If you are mad at my ribbing, say so and I will cut you some slack. Your teasing me hasn't bothered me in the least and I hope that we will remain friends after this match regardless of who wins. BTW, I missed seeing any smiley faces in your last post to me. ;) I think this bit of ribbing is good for the forum and good advertisement for our upcoming match.

If you are taking this ribbing too seriously and need some slack I will be happy to let up on you, just let me know. You may PM me or answer on the forum. You also have my cell phone number.

JoeyA (I'm serious)

Nine Ball
01-29-2008, 11:05 PM

Let it be clearly known as you can see it in this thread that he stated Joey wanted fatboy to pay for his way there and Joey asked for a backer.

I defended Joey and said he never asked for a backer and Fatboy offered the free ride there. Then said maybe Joey is giving him a taste of his own medicine.

Then comes the you can play one game crap from Jay towards me. Now he says blah blah he dont care about me.. Then why the bleep are you woofing at me now? Then when I say you got action in nine ball, Yet again, You run the other way??? Your some piece of work man. And I still got nothing against you or fatboy for anything.. You guys with all your money are funny to me on how you say things and don't do them. One last time.. I still have nothing against anyone..

!Smorgass Bored
01-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Doug,

Jay,
Josh is 24 years old and just as Disney World has a line drawn that reads, "You Must Be Taller Than THIS <--------> To Ride This Ride", you need to have a similar Warning !...."You Must Be Older Than_____ To Woof Up A Game."

As far as JoeyA. is concerned, I KNOW that JoeyA. seriously wants to play you. All this online woofing, picking, posturing and jesting is simply a 'FILLER' until which time you two get in the box. (Just between you & I, JoeyA. is just 'learning' to write in BIG letters and colors and post pictures and it's addictive and it's clearly gone to his head). you must forgive him... imo

Please have a little patience and show some restraint when dealing with us poor Louisiana boys. You know we're a little slow and 'teched in the head'....

Doug
( you're a cute little Gingerbread Man and I promise not to eat you all at once..... maybe just one leg or arm at a time )

jay helfert
01-29-2008, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=Smorgass Bored]Jay,
Josh is 24 years old and just as Disney World has a line drawn that reads, "You Must Be Taller Than THIS <--------> To Ride This Ride", you need to have a similar Warning !...."You Must Be Older Than_____ To Woof Up A Game."

As far as JoeyA. is concerned, I KNOW that JoeyA. seriously wants to play you. All this online woofing, picking, posturing and jesting is simply a 'FILLER' until which time you two get in the box. (Just between you & I, JoeyA. is just 'learning' to write in BIG letters and colors and post pictures and it's addictive and it's clearly gone to his head). you must forgive him... imo

Please have a little patience and show some restraint when dealing with us poor Louisiana boys. You know we're a little slow and 'teched in the head'....

Doug
( you're a cute little Gingerbread Man and I promise not to eat you all at once..... maybe just one leg or arm at a time )[/QUOTE

Okay, let's just drop it for awhile then. I was willing to fly halfway across the country to wherever TAR said, to make this game happen. I'm truly sorry I couldn't make it happen at DCC, so I wanted to make up for that.

If Joey was willing to meet me halfway it could have happened. I was sincere about wanting to play, and that's about all I have to say. Maybe another time we can make it work. DCC is not going to be good for me next year either. I will have other priorities when I'm there.

Once again, I'm sorry but this game is not my number one priority, particularly at DCC. Is that so hard to understand? I guess so. If Joey wants me so bad, let him meet me halfway somewhere. I'm not going to fly to wherever it's convenient, only for him.

Fatboy already said he would pay for his airfare. Let him come to Vegas in May.

dudlock
01-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Ignore em Jay. That's what they really can't take. Otherwise you will be on this dam thing all day and night trying to answer their posts.

!Smorgass Bored
01-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Ignore em Jay. That's what they really can't take. Otherwise you will be on this dam thing all day and night trying to answer their posts.

Thank you for your input. I don't know how we'd have survived without your well thoughtout 14th post. I think I'll put YOU on Ignore and go get some sleep.
Doug
( I may let you out in the near future......... maybe ) :)

*Btw, I CAN 'take it'...

Nine Ball
01-30-2008, 12:40 AM

Very funny smorgASS bored. :p

I grew up in a pool room and have been playing pool for going on 15 years. I think I'm tall enough to get on the rides. :D And if your affraid of younger players.. Well, You old farts should be.. lol.. :p Just joking about the old farts. :p

Rubyron
01-30-2008, 01:21 AM
JoeyA,

Your gingerbread man is an impostor. :eek: Here's the real one. :D :D :D

DeadPoked
01-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Thank you for your input. I don't know how we'd have survived without your well thoughtout 14th post. I think I'll put YOU on Ignore and go get some sleep.
Doug
( I may let you out in the near future......... maybe ) :)

*Btw, I CAN 'take it'...

What a joke that guy is. He should have thought out his response a little more and made a joke out of it. He may have actually received some rep for it. I guess not everyones goal in life is to receive a green box and move up a list that doesn't really mean anything. He also must not have known that the credibility of his post is in direct proportion of his post count. When will they learn? :rolleyes:

All BS aside

dudlock I see you've been here since last August... but welcome to the forum and I hope to see you contribute more in the future. Just know not everyone on this board isn't quite so pretentious.

smokeandapancak
01-30-2008, 02:04 AM
JoeyA,

that right there is funny..

JoeyA
01-30-2008, 08:18 AM
JoeyA,

Very funny!
Something unusual must have happened during the cloning process. :D
JoeyA

Fatboy
01-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Very funny smorgASS bored. :p

I grew up in a pool room and have been playing pool for going on 15 years. I think I'm tall enough to get on the rides. :D And if your affraid of younger players.. Well, You old farts should be.. lol.. :p Just joking about the old farts. :p

you just tipped your hole card, now i really know I cant win, but PM me back on that other plan i suggested.,

watchez
01-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Wow - is this what they call a pissing contest? Woofing at guys 2000-3000 miles away. Hiliarious. Action must be real slow in Florida and New Orleans.

Joey's side - Yes he was at DCC for 9 days & Jay didnt play.

Jay's side - Did Jay play anyone at DCC? Seems like he was involved in one pocket challenge & Mark Tadd.

Josh's side - Haven't figured that out yet, except he views Fatboy as another rich sucker. His approach seems to be off to Fatboy's liking.

corvette1340
01-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Commissioned by and courtesy of Jay Helfert

JoeyA
01-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Commissioned by and courtesy of Jay Helfert

Nice job, corvette.

It's a good thing this work of art was commissioned by THE GINGERBREAD MAN. He needs the help. ;)

Whimper..........:rolleyes:

JoeyA (heading back to the dog house). :D

Fatboy
01-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Nice job, corvette.

It's a good thing this work of art was commissioned by THE GINGERBREAD MAN. He needs the help. ;)

Whimper..........:rolleyes:

JoeyA (heading back to the dog house). :D

I havent read this whole this thread, Are you going to go play him in SD? let me know i'll pay your trip, I just w nt to sweat it and help the TAR guys, I want nothing to do with the action. I dont like either side its too close, you beat him last time and might have the best of it, but Jay said he was tired and can play better. With all that info I just dont like the bet. It would be a great undercard match.

Please let me know, if you dont want to go I respect that-no questions asked, i dont need any reason a simple yes or no is cool, i'm not picking sides or trying to start troubles. I have alot more to do than argue here or point fingers, i have enough work right now that takes up all my "fight" so to speak. just let me know what you want to do at your conveniece.

best regards

JoeyA
01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
I havent read this whole this thread, Are you going to go play him in SD? let me know i'll pay your trip, I just w nt to sweat it and help the TAR guys, I want nothing to do with the action. I dont like either side its too close, you beat him last time and might have the best of it, but Jay said he was tired and can play better. With all that info I just dont like the bet. It would be a great undercard match.

Please let me know, if you dont want to go I respect that-no questions asked, i dont need any reason a simple yes or no is cool, i'm not picking sides or trying to start troubles. I have alot more to do than argue here or point fingers, i have enough work right now that takes up all my "fight" so to speak. just let me know what you want to do at your conveniece.

best regards

Fatboy, I appreciate your offer to pay for the trip. Your offer included paying for the plane fare which is very generous and I appreciate that.

I don't want to sound like I am trying to "feather my nest" but there are many other costs involved in making a trip like this and I don't want to seem like I am trying to milk you for more money. Your plane fare offer was very generous and it is appreciated. I just can't justify spending the extra monies. Pool playing is a hobby of mine and I spend limited amounts of money on it. It is fun and I will continue to spend limited amounts of money on it.

I know you aren't taking sides. There aren't any sides to take. TAR is a good group of guys and I like the idea that you are trying to support them.
I will do my best to support them to. I tried to help at DCC by setting up the matche between the Gingerbread Man and myself to no avail.

I'll give you my short answer, NO, not at this time, but thanks anyway! If you care to read further I will explain why.

When I saw that it was a trip to South Dakota and NO POOL TOURNAMENT, it kind of turned me off. I get some free passes to play in a couple of pool tournaments a year and I have been pushing my luck with my angel of a wife.

Playing the Gingerbread Man again is something I want to do and will do, God willing. It will probably have to be at a pool tournament though as I can combine two things I enjoy doing - playing in pool tournaments and whipping up on Gingerbread Man. :D

I make my little annual trek to DCC but I understand that Jay will not be able to play a match with me next year either. So I guess it will have to be at another pool tournament where TAR will be set up. I would like to help them as an undercard and will do my best to keep the fires burning until Jay cries UNCLE. :D

Contrary to what Jay said about me being a millionaire, I am not but am quite willing to play him and beat him again.:p It willprobably have to be at a tournament where I have allocated the funds to play as I play in only a few tournaments a year but most of them are local/regional.

The nut for a trip to most national tournaments where I have to fly to, averages around $1,000 including plane fare.

Playing in the national pool tournaments is not a money making deal for a person at my skill level but it is still fun and I enjoy supporting the tournaments whenever I can justify it. GINGERBREAD MAN matches are simply the icing on the cake. :)

Hope to meet you at one of the tournaments in the future.

I am open to other ideas and will keep listening. I would love to hear from TAR about their scheduling. Keep me posted if you have any other ideas.

Best to you and THANKS,

JoeyA

jay helfert
01-30-2008, 12:26 PM

best regards

Thanks for trying to make this match happen. Fortunately I have no expenses when I travel since I am so famous and no one charges me for anything. Free plane fare, free hotel, free food. It's the nuts!

And my schedule is wide open, with nothing to do but sit around and count my money all day. What a life! I'm so lucky. I feel bad for guys like Joey who has to grind out a living playing pool all day long.

catscradle
01-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks for trying to make this match happen. Fortunately I have no expenses when I travel since I am so famous and no one charges me for anything. Free plane fare, free hotel, free food. It's the nuts!

And my schedule is wide open, with nothing to do but sit around and count my money all day. What a life! I'm so lucky. I feel bad for guys like Joey who has to grind out a living playing pool all day long.

:) :) ....................

jrhendy
01-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Jay took on a unique metamorphosis at the Derby City Classic that some of you missed and as an earnest contributor to the AZ Scuttlebutt, I wanted to share it with you.

Here is Jay at his best. :D :eek: :D

JoeyA

Joey, your cover is blown!

Skeeter?s BilliardsGulfport, Ms

Place Player Name Prize Money
1st place Benny Conway $800.00
2nd place Tim Orange $500.00
3rd place Ron Park $425.00
4th place Tommy Kennedy $325.00
5th place Joey Aguzin $225.00
5th place Greg Hagin $225.00
7th place Mike Trawick $100.00
7th place Luc Depierne $100.00

I'm still going to play you one pocket if we ever run into each other, but no 9 ball! John Henderson

Terry Ardeno
01-30-2008, 09:07 PM

I'm still going to play you one pocket if we ever run into each other, but no 9 ball! John Henderson

John,
Did you ever see the movie "The KNOCK Around Guys"? I never did but I heard of it. Instead of watching movies, I would watch boxing, hoping for the KNOCK out! Or, if no fights were on, I would go downstairs and KNOCK some balls around to relax. Usually, after I was downstairs for more than 5 minutes, the kids would come running down to tel me the latest "KNOCK-KNOCK" jokes they heard. And lots of times at my house, when there is a KNOCK at my door, it was a buddy who wanted to shoot pool or tell me how good he KNOCKED the pins over in bowling that night.
Have a good evening John. I just wanted to chat it up a little before we both KNOCKED off for the evening!
Kidding of course,
Terry
:D :D :D

watchez
01-30-2008, 09:57 PM

What cover? And besides, I have never heard of 1/2 of the guys on that list.

What I am more confused about is that Joey will go to a tournament & play for 2 days to win $225 (before expenses) but won't go to SD to play Jay with a chance to win $1000 or more (with expenses paid).

TAR setup a mini tournament for Joey to play in SD so he can cover the excuse that he only travels for tournaments.

ShootingArts
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Probably a different guy. I heard that everybody from Scotty on down claims to be JoeyA trying to set up an easy score. A certain party of the third part reported that none other than Jamie Farrell was seen wearing a T-Shirt with "JoeyA" on it. Tony "Walt Frazier" Greene tried to impersonate Joey too but for some reason nobody fell for it. The real JoeyA wears athletic shoes to keep on the move and always has a two piece fishing rod in his cue case. Anybody that thinks a Meucci is a noodle should have seen Joey trying to jump with a fishing rod!

Hu

jrhendy
01-30-2008, 11:22 PM
John,
Did you ever see the movie "The KNOCK Around Guys"? I never did but I heard of it. Instead of watching movies, I would watch boxing, hoping for the KNOCK out! Or, if no fights were on, I would go downstairs and KNOCK some balls around to relax. Usually, after I was downstairs for more than 5 minutes, the kids would come running down to tel me the latest "KNOCK-KNOCK" jokes they heard. And lots of times at my house, when there is a KNOCK at my door, it was a buddy who wanted to shoot pool or tell me how good he KNOCKED the pins over in bowling that night.
Have a good evening John. I just wanted to chat it up a little before we both KNOCKED off for the evening!
Kidding of course,
Terry

It's ok if you only knock guys with a sense of humor and Joey certainly has that. I didn't ask to bet on him too, that would REALLY be knocking. Hope this motivates Jay to get in stroke when they finally do get together. John

JoeyA
01-31-2008, 12:08 AM

I've lost my sense of humor. Too many people on AZ are knocking my action. When I do get a game, its a game that I can't win at. I've played 10 sets of 9 ball and won only two sets in the last three days. I am going to start sending in road hogs on anyone from AZ who knocks my action. John, you are on the list. Look out, because they're coming for you. No, no, its not me.

I know you are way out of my league but when I beat THE GINGERBREAD MAN I am going to send in the winnings via an unknown Chinese pool player from Jiangsu province to play you. You should be shakin' about now.

JoeyA

jay helfert
01-31-2008, 12:13 AM
It's ok if you only knock guys with a sense of humor and Joey certainly has that. I didn't ask to bet on him too, that would REALLY be knocking. Hope this motivates Jay to get in stroke when they finally do get together. John

Thanks John, You're talking to Jay here. I know more about him than you. Trust me on that. I have a very good line on his game, and I know that I have the worst of it. But I've taken the worst of it before and miraculously escaped. :)

jay helfert
01-31-2008, 12:16 AM
I've lost my sense of humor. Too many people on AZ are knocking my action. When I do get a game, its a game that I can't win at. I've played 10 sets of 9 ball and won only two sets in the last three days. I am going to start sending in road hogs on anyone from AZ who knocks my action. John, you are on the list. Look out, because they're coming for you. No, no, its not me.

I know you are way out of my league but when I beat THE GINGERBREAD MAN I am going to send in the winnings via an unknown Chinese pool player from Jiangsu province to play you. You should be shakin' about now.

JoeyA

I haven't played ten sets of anything in three years. I guess that makes us about even, considering your "busy" schedule and massive travel expenses.

Your friend and foe,
The Gingerbread Man

JoeyA
01-31-2008, 12:19 AM
Thanks John, You're talking to Jay here. I know more about him than you. Trust me on that. I have a very good line on his game, and I know that I have the worst of it. But I've taken the worst of it before and miraculously escaped. :)

It's those quick feet.
JoeyA

jay helfert
01-31-2008, 12:28 AM
It's those quick feet.
JoeyA

Up late aren't you Joey. Or did the poolrooms just close?

!Smorgass Bored
01-31-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm tired of having interdiscourse (or is it intercourse) with AZBers that have no sense of humor, fold under a little woofing, give-but can't take and generally want everything their own way (they're like Bourbon Street.... One Way).
Doug
( everybody woofing, but NOT matching up.... I've ordered a huge goldfish bowl and 5lbs. of birdseed to put on the counter, because so many of you are CHEEP, CHEEP, CHEEP ) :)

*Discourse:
1 archaic : the capacity of orderly thought or procedure : rationality
2: verbal interchange of ideas; especially : conversation

JoeyA
01-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Up late aren't you Joey. Or did the poolrooms just close?

Our poolrooms never close except for Christmas Day and sometimes an exception is made for that day as well. It depends on whether the owner and staff are hung over or not.
JoeyA

1 Pocket Ghost
01-31-2008, 04:26 PM
John,
Kidding of course,
Terry

C'mon Terry, you dogged it....How could you have left out the great Dylan song: "Knock Knock Knockin' On Heaven's Door" !