PDA

View Full Version : My free trial Milk Dud tip

poolcuemaster
01-29-2008, 07:50 PM
I was sent one of Cue Freak's elkmaster milk duds to try last week and I put it on a new shaft I finished today to check it out. I used one of Brianna's final taper shafts and one of Jeff Eason's (Hawk on AZ) deer antler ferrules with the milk dud.
I had already told Cue Freak that I had made some duds myself and my APA teamies loved them but I was sticking to meduim Tallisman pros because they feel alot better to me. Anyway the tip,ferrule,shaft combination feels really good so I'll play with this shaft for a couple weeks and see how the tip maintains shape and friction qualitys, but for the first couple hours it feels great and holds chalk well. I guess I would rate this milkdud at the very least a 8 1/2 out of 10 since it spins the ball so easily and I guess Earl the pearl is right about milkduds. Thanks for the freebie for tryout Cue Freak.

I'll give a follow up in 2 weeks---Leonard

Cue Freak
01-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words Leonard! I'm glad you like the tip so far and I'm looking forward to the follow up.

Matt

Vahmurka
01-30-2008, 11:55 AM
I'll give a follow up in 2 weeks---Leonardcool, I'm on a mission here as well, prepared 7 duds, it will take a year to try them all I suppose, lol. Would love to see your results described.
Since you have experience of pressing tips I would like to come up to both of you with a question I asked in another thread. Please see post #29.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=54049&page=2

Sweet Marissa
01-30-2008, 12:46 PM
I've been on this Daniel fast with my church for the month of January and I'm now hungry for milk duds. Dangit.

Cue Freak
01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
I've been on this Daniel fast with my church for the month of January and I'm now hungry for milk duds. Dangit.

Good thing the month is almost over ;)

Handsumm
01-30-2008, 12:50 PM
cool, I'm on a mission here as well, prepared 7 duds, it will take a year to try them all I suppose, lol. Would love to see your results described.
Since you have experience of pressing tips I would like to come up to both of you with a question I asked in another thread. Please see post #29.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=54049&page=2
Well, I guess you could send them to other AZ'ers to try out. I have an extra shaft I could use to put one on and try it if you would like to get another's input.

Vahmurka
01-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Well, I guess you could send them to other AZ'ers to try out. I have an extra shaft I could use to put one on and try it if you would like to get another's input.ah, I need to judge them myself :p To compare the feel. I prepared seven different tips, based on time and strength of pressing. When I figure out which are best (acording to me) I could consider sending you some then :)