PDA

View Full Version : New Online Pool Game

Poolman23
01-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey guys

Just wanted to let you guys know about a new online pool site.

www.poolcomps.com.au

Most superior pool site on the net. For the serious pool player. Anything you can do on a real table can be done on these tables. 5 years and 5 million bucks to develop. Tournaments starting this week

Absolutely free to trial and has a great members rewards/bonus system

Definately worth a look

Cheers

John

cajunbarboxplyr
01-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks but Ill stick with VP3 :)

Grizzle
01-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Tried to sign up for a trial membership once, and it said I had to put in a valid username. Tried to sign up again with a different username and it wouldn't go past that first sign up screen.

To be honest man it looks kinda shady.

Poolman23
01-29-2008, 11:00 PM
There were a few bugs that needed to be sorted out ... Should be all fixed up now though

Shady how ??

champ2107
01-29-2008, 11:33 PM
I play this 3d live pool, its a great comp pool game, closest thing to real pool.

http://www.etiumsoft.com/livepool.htm

Poolman23
01-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Guarantee you the physics arent anywhere near as good. This is the only site to ever take into account the physics of the ball weight, table material and thickness , what the cushions are made of. Everything you can imagine. The 3 D component is being worked on now to make it look a little more realistic. But the playability is there now.

softshot
01-30-2008, 01:47 AM
I play this 3d live pool, its a great comp pool game, closest thing to real pool.

http://www.etiumsoft.com/livepool.htm

that game is terrible. I tried 12 times to get a legal break shot.. didn't happen once. and I was movin the mouse pretty quick.

I also have VP3 at least there I can break the balls.

if I got malware from this I am coming after you :)

Poolman23
01-30-2008, 04:10 AM
what do you mean??

champ2107
01-30-2008, 08:55 AM
that game is terrible. I tried 12 times to get a legal break shot.. didn't happen once. and I was movin the mouse pretty quick.

I also have VP3 at least there I can break the balls.

if I got malware from this I am coming after you :)

Takes a bit of practice to get a good break, I can get a pretty good break now and run out sometimes. You have to hit the head ball dead square to get a good break and a laser mouse works best. Square up and hammer that head ball. Just practice your breaks you will really like the game.

ShootingArts
01-30-2008, 09:14 AM
The free membership requires you to give far more personal information than needed including date of birth. This site has taken people for a ride several times before and then and now wants the members to market for them. Then and now they have made false claims as to what they would do and when they would do it. I'll pass, they do seem more than a little shady or at the least fly by night.

Hu

Hey guys

Just wanted to let you guys know about a new online pool site.

www.poolcomps.com.au

Most superior pool site on the net. For the serious pool player. Anything you can do on a real table can be done on these tables. 5 years and 5 million bucks to develop. Tournaments starting this week

Absolutely free to trial and has a great members rewards/bonus system

Definately worth a look

Cheers

John

AZE
01-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Cool, it's like spam with a real spokesman!

close/ban? imo.

champ2107
01-30-2008, 11:24 AM
I have to be honest. I played this for about an hour. Had no trouble breaking well, but this game has many flaws. including the reaction of the cueball after contacting the object ball. Also the way the cueball reacts when hit with spin

The aiming sucks in this game. Maybe I am missing something, but it is very deceiving with no line to see where your contact point is.

It also as a rule in 8 ball i have never heard of. If you make a legal hit on your ball, then carom into your opponents ball and it goes in, they call it a foul.

Also the view of the table needs work.
I thought the cue ball reacts pretty good after contact using English?

Aiming is pretty good just like real pool, as for a line? There is no line in real pool.

I agree with the rules, but its no biggie.

Table view is a strong point I thought? You have to get it to full screen.

I think Jessica has a lil competition now, lol

champ2107
01-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Your lady definitley has some talent. i wouldn't kick her off the table so to speak :p

Im a pretty easy going guy, anytime you wanna swap avtars im game :D

Dawgie
01-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Can't get passed step #2 to register

Pushout
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Poolman23, from your posts, I'd say you have something to do with this site.

Cue Freak
01-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Poolman23, from your posts, I'd say you have something to do with this site.

Yeah, when you click on the link, the site changes to john23.poolcomps.com ... coincidence? :)

Poolman23
01-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Can you please give me more information about how this site has let people down and what false promises it has made ??

The site is only around 10 days old ??

Total new management , staff , IT department , Marketing department. Everything is new to whatever site you are talking about...

Poolman23
01-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I shall let the right people know about it and get them to work on it

Thanks for your input

Johnson
01-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Can you please give me more information about how this site has let people down and what false promises it has made ??

Total new management , staff , IT department , Marketing department. Everything is new to whatever site you are talking about...

u say the site is 10 days old but poolcomps.com has been around for about 14 months now and b4 that it was improveyourpool.com circa may 2006 and b4 that it was poolcompsonline.com and b4 that it was another name that i don't remember, the site was owned by peter worth out of australia but now allegedly was bought out by some new outfit some time last year, now it is owned by "john" (doe)

pco let their users down by not paying out a lot of money from their $500 tourneys, it was around $40,000 owed since january of last year when they shut down, i was owed $1100 for 1 year by these guys and by some miracle i was paid in full yesterday
________

deep
01-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks but Ill stick with VP3 :)

I can't get VP3 to work with vista. :(

Poolman23
01-30-2008, 04:11 PM
In reply Johnson

The original sites were built by a couple of pool players like you and I. not a massive multi national company. Their whole dream was to build something as close to real life as possible , which they basically achieved. Unfortunately they had no way to market their product the first time around and they went belly up. The figure was no where near $40 000 that was owed to the pool players. And im glad you have been sorted out , even if it was well overdue. The site has now been taken over by a large company with plenty of backing and without anything unforeseen occuring in the future. The site is here to stay and hopefully grow to become the premiere skills games site on the net. If you have any other issues or advice to how to improve the game , please let me know and I will sort it out as best I can.

Thanks

ShootingArts
01-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Same name, same scheme, same missed dates for start-up over and over. There were supposed to be big organizations behind the last people, now you say a big company. I say SSDD. I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong but you don't get tons of my personal ID for a free membership. Of course the latest e-mail wants me to participate in the same marketing scheme the last people were trying. Amazing that you all new folks have the same software, same mailing list, and same business model as the old folks of the same name. I am sure it is all a vast coincidence or possibly a halfvast coincidence.

Hu

(somehow my e-mail given to a different site with totally different management, different IT department, and different marketing department found itself in your hands. Ain't that a mystery??)

Poolman23
01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
ShootingArts - Im sure some of the info was passed on to the new company. But I can assure you that there is no one left from the sites first attempt at launch. The only thing that remains is the game itself. They definately dont have in any way, shape or form an even similar marketing approach. And as for your email , im not in possesion of any of your details ??

How is it a scheme ??

ShootingArts
01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
I used red to highlight the false claims about marketing not being similar according to the e-mail that PoolComps sent me yesterday.
ShootingArts - Im sure some of the info was passed on to the new company. But I can assure you that there is no one left from the sites first attempt at launch. The only thing that remains is the game itself. They definately dont have in any way, shape or form an even similar marketing approach. And as for your email , im not in possesion of any of your details ??

How is it a scheme ??

Poolcomps just sent me an e-mail yesterday wanting me to rope all of my friends into your deal and get paid for doing it. That is exactly the same marketing scheme the "other people" tried before they folded. Since you are taking up where they left off making false claims, this false claim about marketing approach not being similar is easy to demonstrate, I'd say you have a lack of desire to stick to the truth in common with the "other people" too. Until I see some proof that this is indeed new people I don't think I'll buy into that as too much seems exactly the same.

(e-mail I received 01-29-2008, yesterday. I redded the text indicating the same marketing scheme used before)
Dear Original POOLCOMPS Member,

Thank you for your patience during the period our site was being re-developed.

POOLCOMPS.com has now re-launched under new management.

The current site is a culmination of over 5 years work, with nearly $6 million having been spent on programming and development.

Unfortunately, the old revenue model was not commercially viable. The former management did a great job developing the product, but were unable to continue with the same monthly fee structure. We are sure you can appreciate the high costs associated with running a site like this. The cost of programmers, other I.T. staff as well as Member support staff, not to mention computer hosting costs and the offices.

POOLCOMPS.com is a recognised brand that represents a community of online pool-playing enthusiasts. The product itself has a large range of premium features, which make it the best online game of pool on the planet. The interest from new Members since the re-launch has been very pleasing.

Here at POOLCOMPS.com we want to continue the objectives of the former developers and make it the best possible site for our Members. We want to create a large community of online pool players, offering pool education as well as frequent tournaments with good prizes and, furthermore, we want to reward you for spreading the word.

Our Bonus Payment Plan pays bonuses, daily, on the monthly tournament fees paid by Full Members. As a Full Member you receive your very own sub-domain website and with just a little effort you should be able to play in tournaments as often as you like, for FREE. With a little more effort you could earn a good residual income whilst playing the game you love.

To make this a great site for all, we need your help to introduce new Members. Our site has great features that are combined with an opportunity to play for free or earn residual income.
We encourage you to join us and enjoy the benefits by going to http://originalmember.poolcomps.com.

Kind regards,
The POOLCOMPS.com Team

This message was sent by: Pool Comps, 9A 175 Varsity Pde, Varsity Lakes, QLD 4217, Australia