PDA

View Full Version : Chris's Billiards

Flex
01-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Apparently the rumors going around about Chris's Billiards are true. Looks like there will be new owners in a matter of days.

Sure hope the new Chris's keeps that old time historic style... and prices that won't chase people out the doors.

Flex

Da Poet
01-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Last week, things sounded pretty far away from what I could gather from Patty. I like a lot of the ideas I've been hearing about newer tables. The prices may need to go up either way however.

Something recent from another source?

I know they've come real close a few times to new ownership, but something always seems to foul things up at the last minute.

Flex
01-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Last week, things sounded pretty far away from what I could gather from Patty. I like a lot of the ideas I've been hearing about newer tables. The prices may need to go up either way however.

Something recent from another source?

I know they've come real close a few times to new ownership, but something always seems to foul things up at the last minute.

Eric told me it should be any day now.

As for the prices, they are currently alright but nothing really great.

And they have competition at a reasonable driving distance.

Someone said they thought the Billiard Cafe would close, but that hasn't happened, and there's been a resurgence of sorts there. That same person thought Marie's would close, and that along with those who play at the BC would supposedly make the trek over to Chris's. Neither of those things happened.

Business isn't easy these days, and pool players do have a choice.

There are a few halls in easy driving distance with specials going on either during the day, or early evening, or until closing. Specials meaning one flat fee, say $5 or $7 for those times. All these places are within 10 minutes or so for me.

If everything improved at Chris's, and changes occurred that would draw more players in, it would certainly help. Would that be enough to justify in players minds a serious price increase to play there? I have my doubts.

Flex