PDA

View Full Version : Johnny at Kolby's LAST NIGHT Who went

CocoboloCowboy
01-31-2008, 07:48 AM
How was the Archer Exibition?

How was the Frost v/s Archer Match, and who won?

How about an after action report?

http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/devil.gif

Fatboy
01-31-2008, 08:11 AM
archer won 9-8

CocoboloCowboy
01-31-2008, 08:32 AM
I would be happy to have the 8, and played that well. http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/flyingbrick.gif

BVal
01-31-2008, 09:13 AM

I went but did not get there until 9:30. I did meet him and he autographed a cue ball for me and I got my picture taken with him. He was a very nice guy for the very short time I talked to him. I finally met Fast Lenny. Him and Drew were playing when I got there. Both of them are very nice people.

BVal

CocoboloCowboy
01-31-2008, 09:20 AM
I went but did not get there until 9:30. I did meet him and he autographed a cue ball for me and I got my picture taken with him. He was a very nice guy for the very short time I talked to him. I finally met Fast Lenny. Him and Drew were playing when I got there. Both of them are very nice people.

BVal

Maybe if you practice with the, autographed a cue ball you will soon be a 10 Rated Player.http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/thumbsup.gif

BVal
01-31-2008, 09:23 AM
Maybe if you practice with the, autographed a cue ball you will soon be a 10 Rated Player.http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/thumbsup.gif
You and I both know it will take A LOT more than that! LOL :D

CocoboloCowboy
01-31-2008, 09:26 AM
You and I both know it will take A LOT more than that! LOL :D

I saw Brady at Alexander's last weekend, Efrin would have a problem keeping up with him...http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/zipmouth.gif

BTW who won the BALLS, and CUES?

BVal
01-31-2008, 09:29 AM
I saw Brady at Alexander's last weekend, Efrin would have a problem keeping up with him...http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/zipmouth.gif

BTW who won the BALLS, and CUES?
LMFAO - I know it is early but have you been drinking? lol :D:D

Efren could give me the 3 out and 6 on the wire in a rece to 7. :D

BVal

CocoboloCowboy
01-31-2008, 09:31 AM
LMFAO - I know it is early but have you been drinking? lol :D:D

BVal

I never drink before 5 PM, http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/drinkbeer.gif and it is always 5 PM some where in the world.http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/drinktime.gif

bfdlad
01-31-2008, 10:41 AM

Hey guys, thank you for coming by. I met Fast Lenny who is a great guy in my opinion but I did not meet anyone else I wish I had known who they were so I could have introduced myself. I didn't have much time to hang out But I made sure that Lenny had a chance to meet Johnny. I was reall amazed at how many people wanted his autograph on cases, cues, balls etc. Babe Thompson brought some billiards digests from way back with Johnny on the cover for him to sign. I am kicking myself also because On Tuesday Johnny and I went straight to Kolbys as there were a couple of magazine people meeting us there to take pictures. I played 3 games against him and here is how it went. Game#1 I broke, I came up dry. Johnny ran out. Game#2 Johnny broke and ran, game#3 Johnny broke and ran. So I'm 3 down and I have played one shot. I then made a couple of comments about 9 ball being a stupid game and also the amount of luck I didn't have. Johnny stayed at my house and I didn't play him once to try and get my own back. However my 10 year old son (big Archer fan) played him and beat him. I think that tells you alot about Johnny. Ok rambling here I had a great time althoughI didn't get to see much of it. I would like to thank you all again for your support this whole process you know who you are.
Mark,

BVal
01-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey guys, thank you for coming by. I met Fast Lenny who is a great guy in my opinion but I did not meet anyone else I wish I had known who they were so I could have introduced myself. I didn't have much time to hang out But I made sure that Lenny had a chance to meet Johnny. I was reall amazed at how many people wanted his autograph on cases, cues, balls etc. Babe Thompson brought some billiards digests from way back with Johnny on the cover for him to sign. I am kicking myself also because On Tuesday Johnny and I went straight to Kolbys as there were a couple of magazine people meeting us there to take pictures. I played 3 games against him and here is how it went. Game#1 I broke, I came up dry. Johnny ran out. Game#2 Johnny broke and ran, game#3 Johnny broke and ran. So I'm 3 down and I have played one shot. I then made a couple of comments about 9 ball being a stupid game and also the amount of luck I didn't have. Johnny stayed at my house and I didn't play him once to try and get my own back. However my 10 year old son (big Archer fan) played him and beat him. I think that tells you alot about Johnny. Ok rambling here I had a great time althoughI didn't get to see much of it. I would like to thank you all again for your support this whole process you know who you are.
Mark,
Lenny pointed you out to me but you were pretty busy shooting pool and talking to people so I didn't introduce myself. Thank you for putting this whole thing on. I didn't get to watch any of it because I had league and didn't get there until later but I did get is autograph and a picture with him. Without you setting this up - it would not be possible. So Thank You very much Sir!

BVal

bfdlad
01-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Lenny pointed you out to me but you were pretty busy shooting pool and talking to people so I didn't introduce myself. Thank you for putting this whole thing on. I didn't get to watch any of it because I had league and didn't get there until later but I did get is autograph and a picture with him. Without you setting this up - it would not be possible. So Thank You very much Sir!

BVal
BVAL, first of all I was trying to talk to as many people as possible and I would have made time because I did want to meet you. Any other time we do anything like this PLEASE don't hesitate to say hi. You are right I was busy but if it wasn't you it would have been someone else who I maybe didn't want to meet. Please remember that. I also thank you so much for you kind words believe it or not there was really no money in this one for me but I am really happy that people enjoyed the night and got something out of it. We are already working on our next one. It will be a challenge match and it will be BIG. I can't say anything just yet until I get closer, but I will need everyones support again and hopefully have more time to get the sponsors etc. Again thank you it is nice to be appreciated,

BVal
01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
BVAL, first of all I was trying to talk to as many people as possible and I would have made time because I did want to meet you. Any other time we do anything like this PLEASE don't hesitate to say hi. You are right I was busy but if it wasn't you it would have been someone else who I maybe didn't want to meet. Please remember that. I also thank you so much for you kind words believe it or not there was really no money in this one for me but I am really happy that people enjoyed the night and got something out of it. We are already working on our next one. It will be a challenge match and it will be BIG. I can't say anything just yet until I get closer, but I will need everyones support again and hopefully have more time to get the sponsors etc. Again thank you it is nice to be appreciated,
I think a lot more people would be able to show up if it was on a different night. Mon-Thurs a lot of people are in leagues and couldn't make it. 6 different people from the league I played in last night wanted to go but couldn't. I know it is impossible for everyone to be happy and the people you are inviting (the pro players) have schedules too. Just a suggestion.

Next time I will come up and introduce myself and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know and I will do what I can. I live about 10 seconds from Kolby's so traveling there is not a problem. :) Thanks again for your hard work.

BVal

bfdlad
01-31-2008, 11:12 AM
I think a lot more people would be able to show up if it was on a different night. Mon-Thurs a lot of people are in leagues and couldn't make it. 6 different people from the league I played in last night wanted to go but couldn't. I know it is impossible for everyone to be happy and the people you are inviting (the pro players) have schedules too. Just a suggestion.

Next time I will come up and introduce myself and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know and I will do what I can. I live about 10 seconds from Kolby's so traveling there is not a problem. :) Thanks again for your hard work.

BVal
I think there are leagues somewhere in town almost everynight but correct me if I am wrong. Then you have the suns games or d'backs that also prevent people from coming. I also try and help Kolby's out by doing it on a night they don't have a tournament so they can maximize the slower nights and not interfiere with the nights they will already make $$. They do put money into the pot for sponsorship support also so I have a responsibility to them too. Then as you pointed out, the players are always in tournaments around the country or the world so that has to work too. Like you said it's hard to make it on a night when everyone can come but I the next time I will do some homework and see what nights the leagues are not on as I agree there are probably 8-9 people I know who could not make it. I am also working on something very big for June or July that is a MONSTER. With multiple players again I will let you know. I may take you up on your offer to help the next time.

BVal
01-31-2008, 11:18 AM
I think there are leagues somewhere in town almost everynight but correct me if I am wrong. Then you have the suns games or d'backs that also prevent people from coming. I also try and help Kolby's out by doing it on a night they don't have a tournament so they can maximize the slower nights and not interfiere with the nights they will already make $$. They do put money into the pot for sponsorship support also so I have a responsibility to them too. Then as you pointed out, the players are always in tournaments around the country or the world so that has to work too. Like you said it's hard to make it on a night when everyone can come but I the next time I will do some homework and see what nights the leagues are not on as I agree there are probably 8-9 people I know who could not make it. I am also working on something very big for June or July that is a MONSTER. With multiple players again I will let you know. I may take you up on your offer to help the next time.
I totally understand. A lot more goes on (behind the scenes) then I or the general fan knows about. If you need help just say the word.

I do not know of ANY Friday, Saturday or Sunday night leagues. It would be a cool idea to have an exibition on a Saturday afternoon and then have a tournament afterwards. Kolby's has enough tables to to something like that. It could be open and run it like thier Tuesday night tourneys. Anyways just more ideas.

Brady

bfdlad
01-31-2008, 11:30 AM
I totally understand. A lot more goes on (behind the scenes) then I or the general fan knows about. If you need help just say the word.

I do not know of ANY Friday, Saturday or Sunday night leagues. It would be a cool idea to have an exibition on a Saturday afternoon and then have a tournament afterwards. Kolby's has enough tables to to something like that. It could be open and run it like thier Tuesday night tourneys. Anyways just more ideas.

Brady
I have alot to learn and I am ALWAYS open to any ideas, suggestions that could make thing better. I may have something to combat the ideas as to why I know it would not work but I need to know where I go wrong. I already know some things that need to change, and I will be working on those things. They may be little things that seem like they don't matter but once you put a few little things right it makes a big difference. Anyone else who has anything please chime in but please try and be constructive and not just bash me :) PLEASE.

CocoboloCowboy
01-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Sounds like everyone had a great time, bfdlad what is nest? Should have said NEXT EVENT. http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/lollol.gif

!Smorgass Bored
01-31-2008, 12:39 PM
....... bfdlad what is nest?

It's where the birds live, you coo coo cowboy.
http://www.thecoocoosnest.com/

Doug

CocoboloCowboy
01-31-2008, 12:46 PM
It's where the birds live, you coo coo cowboy.
http://www.thecoocoosnest.com/

Doug

Should have said NEXT EVENT. http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/lollol.gif

bfdlad
01-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Sounds like everyone had a great time, bfdlad what is nest? Should have said NEXT EVENT. http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/lollol.gif
Cowboy, I was put in a bit of a spot with this one and so I want to make sure that I can make it happen without being rushed. The next event is not 100% done yet. There are a few tournaments that players will be going to I believe and so it's a matter of timing. The next event is going to be good as long as it works out. It will be a challenge match between two top players in the sport. Like I said before I don't want to say yet until I know for sure that it will be on. HOWEVER it will be a really good one,

bfdlad
01-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Cowboy, I was put in a bit of a spot with this one and so I want to make sure that I can make it happen without being rushed. The next event is not 100% done yet. There are a few tournaments that players will be going to I believe and so it's a matter of timing. The next event is going to be good as long as it works out. It will be a challenge match between two top players in the sport. Like I said before I don't want to say yet until I know for sure that it will be on. HOWEVER it will be a really good one,
I'm thinking about putting a thread on here asking the Phoenix community who they want to see, what game, etc. Hopefully thats what I will do. What you guys think of that idea? Please let me know.

CocoboloCowboy
01-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Think you did that.http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/goodpost.gif

BigCat
02-01-2008, 01:13 AM

I was there for half the Frost/Archer match and little afterwards. The match was played well. Scott got out to an early lead but then Johnny was able to claw his way back. Overall, the level of play was excellet, with both players getting out when they should have. Very few misses on both parties... Scott just had one or two more misses than Johnny and that was the difference.

I would have preferred to see them play winner breaks though. They played alternate breaks and that format prevents anyone from keeping control of the table. Although I guess the promoters were trying to make the game more even versus someone running away with it by stringing some racks together.

The table they were playing was not breaking well. Both players were unable to consistently make balls on the break. Archer tried both sides of the table, but it didn't matter. But he still does have an incredible break... a lot of power with fantastic cue ball control.

Nothing much seemed to be happening after the match as Johnny was suited up and ready to go after a few more one game challenges and some picture opps. I was hoping he would stick around to play, but it didn't seem he was interested. Maybe he had a flight to catch... not sure.

Thanks to the promoters of this event. It's nice to get some of these types of events in Phoenix. Hopefully, next will be some tournaments that can draw some of the top players to Phoenix.

Ray

bfdlad
02-01-2008, 08:07 AM
I was there for half the Frost/Archer match and little afterwards. The match was played well. Scott got out to an early lead but then Johnny was able to claw his way back. Overall, the level of play was excellet, with both players getting out when they should have. Very few misses on both parties... Scott just had one or two more misses than Johnny and that was the difference.

I would have preferred to see them play winner breaks though. They played alternate breaks and that format prevents anyone from keeping control of the table. Although I guess the promoters were trying to make the game more even versus someone running away with it by stringing some racks together.

The table they were playing was not breaking well. Both players were unable to consistently make balls on the break. Archer tried both sides of the table, but it didn't matter. But he still does have an incredible break... a lot of power with fantastic cue ball control.

Nothing much seemed to be happening after the match as Johnny was suited up and ready to go after a few more one game challenges and some picture opps. I was hoping he would stick around to play, but it didn't seem he was interested. Maybe he had a flight to catch... not sure.

Thanks to the promoters of this event. It's nice to get some of these types of events in Phoenix. Hopefully, next will be some tournaments that can draw some of the top players to Phoenix.

Ray
Hi Ray, Thank you for your kind words. You are right the alternate break was to make it last a little longer and give people a show.

Fast Lenny
02-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Mark you did excellent with this event,it was really a good time.I enjoyed meeting you and Bval(Brady),your both swell guys and i look forward to seeing you both there again.I think the more regular the events are the better showing there will be,there was over a 100 people there by my count. :)

bfdlad
02-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Mark you did excellent with this event,it was really a good time.I enjoyed meeting you and Bval(Brady),your both swell guys and i look forward to seeing you both there again.I think the more regular the events are the better showing there will be,there was over a 100 people there by my count. :)
The owner and myself had a bit more than 100. I think 130 or something so not bad considering. Lenny did you get my email? Thank you again for your help.

Fast Lenny
02-01-2008, 05:56 PM
The owner and myself had a bit more than 100. I think 130 or something so not bad considering. Lenny did you get my email? Thank you again for your help.
Yeah i just went and read them smart ass,lol,yeah there was a good turnout and im sure the next one which will be bigger and even better will have more people.As for a challenge match i would like to see SVB as im sure many would.maybe against the last winner Rodney Morris.I think it would be awesome but the game would have to be something other then 10 ball because i think SVB is too strong of a favorite. :)

bfdlad
02-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Yeah i just went and read them smart ass,lol,yeah there was a good turnout and im sure the next one which will be bigger and even better will have more people.As for a challenge match i would like to see SVB as im sure many would.maybe against the last winner Rodney Morris.I think it would be awesome but the game would have to be something other then 10 ball because i think SVB is too strong of a favorite. :)
I could be 9 ball instead of 10 ball. I will have to take a look at film and see if either of them go with the soft break. Thats the reason we went with 10 ball. Maybe have them shoot out of the box. I think that would be worth seeing myself,

Fast Lenny
02-03-2008, 01:27 AM
I could be 9 ball instead of 10 ball. I will have to take a look at film and see if either of them go with the soft break. Thats the reason we went with 10 ball. Maybe have them shoot out of the box. I think that would be worth seeing myself,
I think 8 ball would be interesting and a more even match,as for 9 ball neither soft breaks,they both hammer the balls. :)