PDA

View Full Version : Giving up games on a miss--IS IT SHARKING?

Ky Boy
01-31-2008, 10:35 AM
I have been reading alot of the threads lately. Especially the one about being the best. I for one beleieve that an individual must have talent to become great. And I believe that I do have talent but I am not sure as to what level that I can take my game.

I strive to play great pool and I do have a family that I am dedicated to as well. I practice 3-4 days a week and although I don't mind losing really I hate to play less than my ability.

The other night a friend and I were playing cheap by the game and it seemed I couldn't not finish the easiest of racks. So after a while whenever I missed I would just rake the balls and rack for him. I gave at least 15-20 games away. Several games were on the 1 ball. He made the remark that he thought I was sharking him and taking him out of his game. That hadn't even crossed my mind!!! So I quit giving up the game after my miss. I quit not too long after that due to the frustration of my playing and partly because I had indeed taken him out of his game judging by the way that he was now playing.

So I would like to hear some feedback from you guys about your opinion of this. Is it really sharking? To me it is not because I actually thought he knew and understood that I was upset with myself. Thanks!!!!!

Gary

Jude Rosenstock
01-31-2008, 10:47 AM
I have been reading alot of the threads lately. Especially the one about being the best. I for one beleieve that an individual must have talent to become great. And I believe that I do have talent but I am not sure as to what level that I can take my game.

I strive to play great pool and I do have a family that I am dedicated to as well. I practice 3-4 days a week and although I don't mind losing really I hate to play less than my ability.

The other night a friend and I were playing cheap by the game and it seemed I couldn't not finish the easiest of racks. So after a while whenever I missed I would just rake the balls and rack for him. I gave at least 15-20 games away. Several games were on the 1 ball. He made the remark that he thought I was sharking him and taking him out of his game. That hadn't even crossed my mind!!! So I quit giving up the game after my miss. I quit not too long after that due to the frustration of my playing and partly because I had indeed taken him out of his game judging by the way that he was now playing.

So I would like to hear some feedback from you guys about your opinion of this. Is it really sharking? To me it is not because I actually thought he knew and understood that I was upset with myself. Thanks!!!!!

Gary

Well, he could argue that you are preventing him from shooting routine scenarios that would keep him in stroke. This is part of the reason why many tournaments now insist on no concessions.

poolhustler
01-31-2008, 10:50 AM
When it's a freindly or cheap game, giving the 8-9 or 9 is pretty common. If it's a tournament, I let me opponent shoot out 99.9% of the time.

Just talk to your buddy and have a clear understanding of what each of you want. Then....have fun!!

Russ....

9 on the snap
01-31-2008, 11:29 AM

Gary

You gotta let the man play. I am sure he would rather shoot, then watch you rack. Would you do this if you were playing $100 a rack? I am sure he wouldn't complain if you did!:D

!Smorgass Bored
01-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Years ago, I implemented what I called the "Earl Rule" in our tournaments. You couldn't rake or concede balls/games or it was loss of that game and the NEXT. The next infraction was loss of match.

I made an exception for conceding the nineball. If a player missed the 9 and left it hanging or an easy shot or if their opponent had b.i.h. on the 9, they were allowed to concede that shot.
Doug

9 on the snap
01-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Years ago, I implemented what I called the "Earl Rule" in our tournaments. You couldn't rake or concede balls or it was loss of that game and the NEXT. The next infraction was loss of match.

I made an exception for conceding the nineball. If a player missed the 9 and left it hanging or an easy shot or if their opponent had b.i.h. on the 9, they were allowed to concede that shot.
Doug

I agree with this. If I hang the nineball, or leave an easy shot on the nine I will knock it the rest of the way, but that's about it.

BRKNRUN
01-31-2008, 12:12 PM
It depends on the scenario...I don't think raking in a hanger 9-ball is sharking.

OTOH

I have seen past single elimination tournaments where a severely low rated player (5) is playing a 10-2 player...(Meaning the 10-2 goes to 10 games and the 5 rated player only has to go to 3 games)

The (severely low rated player) would miss and then rake in the remaining balls early in the set so that the 10-2 could not get in stroke......I would consider that sharking, but I don't think the 10-2 actually cared.

mantis99
01-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Conceding a 9 ball in the jaws of the pocket I can see as a matter of formality. Raking the balls after missing on the one seems a bit juvenile to me. I would wonder why I was there playing the game with you if you were going to do that each rack. It seems a bit like poor sportsmanship to me. I do not mean to sound harsh, I am just not sure how else to say that. I don't think I would consider it sharking, but I would think it was rude if someone invited me to play some friendly games, and then pouted every thime they missed a ball and just re-racked. Obviously by posting this, you want to do the right thing. In my opinion, that would be playing the rack out, and just trying your best to figure your stroke out each time you shot. Bad nights are just part of any sport.

catpool9
01-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Raking balls on any miss, yes that would be sharking over time to anyone.

Why don't you just play the "Ghost" some sets, that way your not sharking anyone!

David Harcrow

enzo
01-31-2008, 01:06 PM
tournaments are one thing, the spectators want to see the players show their skill and run the racks out.

now, gambling is quite another story. the balls lying on the table represent something.... namely money that is in your (or his) pocket. if you grab them up it is simply stating you have given up that money and you have every right to do so. you have purchased the right to do it.

only exception would be if the guy says before "you can't grab the balls up before the game is finished," but playing for real money nobody in their right mind should say this.

there is no argument to this and don't let anybody tell you any different... cus believe me they will.

Ky Boy
01-31-2008, 01:32 PM
with this. We were playing for money and by paying off each game, even the games I rake the balls, affords me the right to concede the game. You must understand that I am a descent player and to miss easy balls and negate an easy run out is just not acceptable for me by my specifications. However, I was not trying to shark him any way. I am a better player than he is and in all honesty he needs a spot to make an even game. He and I don't play for more than a few dollars a game most of the time.

In reality I was actually punishing myself for missing when I would rake the balls. It was not about taking him out of his game at all. I do appreciate all of the feedback thus far.

Gary

tournaments are one thing, the spectators want to see the players show their skill and run the racks out.

now, gambling is quite another story. the balls lying on the table represent something.... namely money that is in your (or his) pocket. if you grab them up it is simply stating you have given up that money and you have every right to do so. you have purchased the right to do it.

only exception would be if the guy says before "you can't grab the balls up before the game is finished," but playing for real money nobody in their right mind should say this.

there is no argument to this and don't let anybody tell you any different... cus believe me they will.

Klopek
01-31-2008, 01:46 PM

trustyrusty
01-31-2008, 03:08 PM
I did it a couple of times to a sandbagger in a golf league. Last two holes didn't matter (match and stroke play both), since he was already up 3 with 2 to go, and he pretty much had me by strokes (I was giving up 4). He hit the green on 8, and I told him to pick up his 30 foot putt for birdie. 9 was a par five and we both were 10 feet from the green in 2, I went first, and chipped it to about 2 feet, and he told me to pick it up, so I said, you can too (before he even had a chance to chip it). Made him shoot a 35 (one under) on a 5 handicap....he was TICKED. Screw it, shouldn't be bagging to begin with.

Now, with your situation....no, let him shoot, that's what you're there to do. He's not cheating you in any way, deal with your frustration in some other way. I realize that you weren't intentionally doing it, but yes, that is the same as playing mind games with him. After about the 3rd or 4th time you raked 3 or more bals off the table on me, I woulda asked you if you'd just rather play alone.....

Shortside K
01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Why concede over a miss on the one?. There's a lot of game left and a decent chance you'll get back to the table.

Jude has a good point about not allowing your opponent to get into stroke, but you're also doing the same to yourself. If you make a mistake, take your medicine, you'll learn from it. If you quit like that, all you learn is how to be a bad sport and a sore loser.

If I was your friend and you did that to me, we probably wouldn't be playing again anytime soon.

May not be sharking, but it's definitely weak.

I absolutely agree with what you have said, except that I do believe it is sharking.

Flettir
01-31-2008, 04:45 PM
with this. We were playing for money and by paying off each game, even the games I rake the balls, affords me the right to concede the game. You must understand that I am a descent player and to miss easy balls and negate an easy run out is just not acceptable for me by my specifications. However, I was not trying to shark him any way. I am a better player than he is and in all honesty he needs a spot to make an even game. He and I don't play for more than a few dollars a game most of the time.

In reality I was actually punishing myself for missing when I would rake the balls. It was not about taking him out of his game at all. I do appreciate all of the feedback thus far. Gary
You claim to be better than him so on this night he should have had the enjoyment of being able to beat you. Bolster his confidence a little bit. Instead you are taking this away from him. He is not beating you, he is just a spectator watching you rack, shoot a few and then miss, rinse, repeat. I would not be happy playing like this even if you were paying me to just watch you play.

johnnydub
01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
If im playing with someone for fun we will just sweep an easy nine up, but if im playing in league or in a tourny I make everyone shoot every shot, Ive seen top ranked players miss simple 8's and 9's, every once and awhile youll get back to the table with a chance.

Ky Boy
01-31-2008, 05:42 PM
I don't see it as portraying weakness. Maybe I was not being a good sport but it all fairness I lost money and he didn't. Granted it did probably keep me out of stroke but the only thing I was trying to do was add pressure to myself to raise my performance level.

Gary

Why concede over a miss on the one?. There's a lot of game left and a decent chance you'll get back to the table.

Jude has a good point about not allowing your opponent to get into stroke, but you're also doing the same to yourself. If you make a mistake, take your medicine, you'll learn from it. If you quit like that, all you learn is how to be a bad sport and a sore loser.

If I was your friend and you did that to me, we probably wouldn't be playing again anytime soon.

Klopek
01-31-2008, 06:04 PM

Klopek
01-31-2008, 06:08 PM

Ky Boy
01-31-2008, 06:14 PM
I agree, it's definitely sharking.... but out of respect for others who think it is NOT, I decided to be diplomatic and say it "may be sharking". The worst thing is, it was a friend. I can't stand playing friends who act like big sucks.

Being diplomatic I will assume you mean 'suckers' and nothing derogatory. :cool:

Gary

Klopek
01-31-2008, 06:30 PM

Ky Boy
01-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Whoever said I was being diplomatic towards you?.:D
:eek:

Your sarcasm lacks humor.:) ;)

Gary

Shortside K
01-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Whoever said I was being diplomatic towards you?.:D
:eek:

Yowzers!! Yah... that's right... Klopek is right on the $ with his comments.

Dry your eyes and take your medicine this time.
Haven't you ever been on the other side of the coin, where everything is going your way and nothing is going right for your opponent? Of course not. When things are going our way we don't even notice. We just thing think that we're playing great and things are as they should be.:cool:

Jaden
01-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Even if you have been holding your piss for a long time and decide to go to the bathroom right after a three pack by your opponent, it doesn't matter that you really have to go, it is still sharking. Anything that by it's design takes your opponent off his stroke or rythm is sharking. The best thing to do is establish up front if the opponent has a problem with it. For me, when I see an opponent sharking me in any way, I just take it as a sign that they don't think they can beat me straight up. It happens to me all the time. I just laugh and try to concentrate more on running out. Although I used to get extremely angry over it, until I realized that that was exactly what they wanted, to throw me off. I know that in your case, you weren't intending to shark him, but it is the opponents perception and the actuality of the event as to whether or not it really is sharking. In answer to Enzo saying that you bought the right. That's completely not true. You bought the right to play the game, whether you can get away with doing something that the opponent considers sharking completely depends on whether the opponent is willing to keep playing you. You haven't bought naything until you lose.

Klopek
01-31-2008, 07:46 PM

philw
01-31-2008, 08:13 PM

This is a very good point! As I've been getting older and not playing as frequently as I'd like I find it takes longer to get comfortable and in stroke.
If I get way behind in the first set I'll still try my darndest to win knowing that it's just a matter of time before I start loosening up and feeling right.
If I were to rake the balls after each miss I couldn't ever get to this point.
Some guys say "well I'm just not playing good today" like the day has something to do with it. I know I can play well anyday just as long as I get loose and relaxed. Just my two cents. Philw

Steve - Detroit
01-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Whoever said I was trying to be humorous?. I'm just calling punk on ya.;)

and a rep to you on that Klopek

Snapshot9
01-31-2008, 11:41 PM
'Showing out' type behavior is usually because someone's ego is more than their skill level. Until you learn to 'internalize' your anger, and redirect it to come out in a 'constructive' way, I suggest you just play with yourself.

In whatever walk of life, when you make a mistake, you have to pay the consequences, and yes, even watch those consequences play out. By raking the balls, you are acting like a 'little kid' and putting yourself into 'denial'.

Learning how to fix your mistakes is important. Displaying your anger is not.

Thunderball
02-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Most points have been made already and I agree thats it sharking.

But my reason is different and rather simple.
Its sharking because HE thinks it is...period.

Like beauty,sharking lies in the eye of the beholder.

And besides that obvious fact,your friend came to play,not pay his rent.He might have wanted to hit some balls too ya know.

Overall,your behaviour sounds juvenile and self centered imo.

predator
02-01-2008, 05:17 AM
Many players think clearing the last 2 or 3 balls in easy positions is a formality. Well, it isn't, even for the best players in the world.

Black-Balled
02-01-2008, 06:39 AM
...I am a descent player ...I was actually punishing myself ...not about taking him out of his game ...
Gary

C'mon, man! You can't be Earl or Jack Hines yet!!

And- you are supposed to be playing pool with the dude. Let him shoot until he misses!

Icon of Sin
02-01-2008, 07:58 AM
I only concede on the 9ball really, sometimes on the 8, depends who I am shooting a ball placement.

Just racking the balls up is a little extreme though just because you missed. You cant take pleasure in the game if you dont shoot it. Who knows what could happen that rack, I know you obviously dont care about winning it, but you could have played a fantastic position shot or the best safe you have ever hit.

You'll never get better just by racking the balls back up after a miss. Shoot the rack out, everybody misses. Plus you are doing a huge disservice to your friend, he wants to play to. Have some sportmanship.

stick8
02-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Lets set sharking aside-- you in your on words want to be a better player, well to become good-great-outstanding!!! you dont give up, sounds like you have no heart, give up to easy, wont last long in upper levrl of play!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

stick8
02-01-2008, 09:04 AM
P.s. Gooo Dogs!!!!!:d :d :d :d

Billy_Bob
02-01-2008, 10:15 AM
If you are shooting balls constantly, you are "warmed-up". However if there is a period of not shooting balls, you can "go cold". So it is to a players advantage to keep shooting balls.

With that said, I have seen some players who will concede and NOT let their opponent shoot in those last few balls. They do this intentionally so that their opponent will go cold.

Other players are just complimenting their opponent by conceiding.

I think the best thing to do is tell your opponent you are conceiding, but he can shoot in the rest of the balls (to stay warmed-up) if he likes.

!Smorgass Bored
02-01-2008, 10:33 AM
A number of years back, I watched Earl Strickland sweep the balls three consecutivew tournaments in a row at:
Planet 9-Ball
Capone's
Strokers
He was playing top shelf opponents, but when/if he missed a shot, he would sweep ALL the remaining balls uptable (and I mean from the 3 ball or 4 ball on out). I don't think that he was sweeping the balls to keep his opponent 'cold' or complimenting the skill of his opponent to run out. He was so unhappy about HIS play/miss, that he simply conceded the remaining balls and took the loss of that game.

That style of play brought about rule changes pertaining to conceding balls or games.

Doug
( I would insert a rude comment about Earl here, but I don't want to piss off JAM and prolong her return to AZB ) :)

enzo
02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
you know what i thought about after reading this, mark tadd (you here today mark??) in the early 90's used to miss one balls, grab the balls and rack em up..... miss 2 balls, grab the balls and rack em up.... NOT MAKE A BALL ON THE BREAK, grab the balls and rack em up. i swear this is true. he is really something, and meanwhile he'd win those matches.

enzo
02-01-2008, 02:23 PM
one last note, and the thing that gets me more that the guy giving me the rack........

i HATE it when i am somehow EXPECTED to give nine balls..... like the guy makes some weird move (or looks over at you and acts weird) cus he's been giving all my nines to me; i always feel like saying if its so easy then just get down and shoot it in you idiot. it's easy to brush off but i just think people that expect to be given 9's need to get a clue.

didnt mean to change the discussion but that is the one that bothers me more, not the guy giving me a game.

Jude Rosenstock
02-01-2008, 02:35 PM
one last note, and the thing that gets me more that the guy giving me the rack........

i HATE it when i am somehow EXPECTED to give nine balls..... like the guy makes some weird move (or looks over at you and acts weird) cus he's been giving all my nines to me; i always feel like saying if its so easy then just get down and shoot it in you idiot. it's easy to brush off but i just think people that expect to be given 9's need to get a clue.

didnt mean to change the discussion but that is the one that bothers me more, not the guy giving me a game.

No, IMO, you have to have an attitude about it. OF COURSE all balls are to be pocketed! We get a few pros at the room I frequent and when I'm practicing with Mika Immonen, I expect him to shoot hanging 9-balls. He never gives me a funny look. He never questions it. In fact, I would imagine he ENJOYS pocketing every ball. If someone gave me a funny look about shooting a 9-ball, I'd probably say to him, "What? You wanna play 8-ball?"

crawfish
02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I guarantee you this. Between two good players, gambling, I won't say a word if you rake two or three balls. You might use it to get into a guy's head; but for the most part, it speeds the game up. Think about it. If I leave the seven hanging in the pocket, with most people I play, they are getting out. Unless, it is a hard reach from the eight to the nine or something. I am A: Not letting him grandstand and get in stroke B: Speeding things up. and C: Keeping myself visually away from watching him finish out the rack. This is very important in staying focused in my opinion. Sure, if you're playing a guy that MIGHT NOT get out, let him fire away. Or.. if you're betting enough to make both of you nervous enough to mentally fall off the edge of the earth.

I don't think it's bad sportmanship at all. Say if I am betting five ahead for three hundred. You hang up the eight with the nine right beside it. You rake it. Think I'll be mad? Think again.

BRKNRUN
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM

In a way this is right on discussion.... It really makes me curious sometimes if some guys give up 9-balls so that they can try this move to get that one "key" miss.

Here is the scenario....The guy early in the set is giving up 9-balls. Nothing severely difficult but difficult enough that there is a potential to miss...definatly not hangers...

Then out of the blue later in the set...they don't give you nearly the exact same shot they gave you earlier....They almost set you up to "expect" to be given the 9-ball.....and then make you shoot it as some strategic move or something.

I have fell victom of this (potentially shark move)....The guy was giving me every 9-ball on the planet...I was on the 8-ball and had the thought in my head that if I made the 8 he was gong to give me the 9.....so I just cinched the 8 and did not get "ideal" position on the 9-ball...It was well within shape that he was previously giving up 9-balls.......I am getting ready for him to get up and start racking when I realize...hey he is making me shoot this one.......

The only one better is the pump fake move.....As soon as you shoot the 8-ball the guy is getting out of his chair and moving toward the table to give you the 9-ball....Then realizes the CB is going to end up in a bit of a difficult shot situation...so he sits back down to make you shoot it......:)

Klopek
02-01-2008, 02:50 PM

BVal
02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
In a way this is right on discussion.... It really makes me curious sometimes if some guys give up 9-balls so that they can try this move to get that one "key" miss.

Here is the scenario....The guy early in the set is giving up 9-balls. Nothing severely difficult but difficult enough that there is a potential to miss...definatly not hangers...

Then out of the blue later in the set...they don't give you nearly the exact same shot they gave you earlier....They almost set you up to "expect" to be given the 9-ball.....and then make you shoot it as some strategic move or something.

I have fell victom of this (potentially shark move)....The guy was giving me every 9-ball on the planet...I was on the 8-ball and had the thought in my head that if I made the 8 he was gong to give me the 9.....so I just cinched the 8 and did not get "ideal" position on the 9-ball...It was well within shape that he was previously giving up 9-balls.......I am getting ready for him to get up and start racking when I realize...hey he is making me shoot this one.......

The only one better is the pump fake move.....As soon as you shoot the 8-ball the guy is getting out of his chair and moving toward the table to give you the 9-ball....Then realizes the CB is going to end up in a bit of a difficult shot situation...so he sits back down to make you shoot it......:)
If he makes a motion towards the table (especially getting out of his chair and walking towards the table) I think that is the same as conceding the shot. At least in tournament play.

BVal

Jude Rosenstock
02-01-2008, 02:56 PM

You're definitely on the right path here. Without a doubt, it's a shark. Basically, by conceding 9 after 9, he has set you up for that critical shot where he will NOT concede the ball. In essence, he is saying, "Yeah, the others, I thought you would make all the time but I expect you to dog this one!"

enzo
02-01-2008, 04:53 PM

now that is a true bona fide shark that your opponent doesn't have the right to do, as most know.

your other point, i would be blaming myself for not being disciplined and getting right on the 9. if i did happen to miss it, it's all my fault. that's just what i think, although i do see people do what you are talking about. i just believe you can't ever assume anybody is going to give you anything, if you do it is a mental error on your part.

what i believe in solves much of this, and this is as close to the best information you can get on AZ i think (i know that is pretentious, but i think it's true):

sports psychologists talk about mental fatigue all the time, in other words, for optimal performance, rest is very important (tennis, football, boxing baseball all have little breaks because they want the athletes to perform well because that sells). Rest your mind while you are in the chair is the point, take that time and welcome your opponent to run all the balls as you recuperate from you mental exhaustion, and who knows, an added benefit many times is a hanging 9 ball, and you never sharked or did anything out of line (in that case you get an extra game AND you are better fit to come to the table!!!!!). you just sat there and rested your mind. so many times i see people look at me like i'm crazy for not giving a hanger 9, but it's just me trying to get that extra 20 seconds of rest in. players that are too "mentally invested" during time in the chair, or who give their opponent balls fall behind in this area (many seem to do both of those). the key is getting in that frame of mind where you feel as though you are resting...... once you think of your time in the chair as rest, you immediately become less "invested." it takes time and practice like anything else. try it!!! i'd love to hear what you think.

if you're having trouble with that last concept of mine, imagine you are fighting in a war, like in the movie 300 or something. you and your sword (pool cue, haha) are fending off opponents. now, all other things being equal, who would have the advantage in middle of a battle??..... a guy who could miraculously transport out in the middle of the fight and rest and hydrate for a couple minutes (that's another thing, DRINK when in your chair!!!!)..... or the guy that just has to fight straight through unable to catch his breath. a no brainer for me.... and any sport is really no different. i had to make this post a little long so that not too many people will read it, haha.

ShootingArts
02-01-2008, 06:23 PM
The ability to switch gears when you aren't shooting and then get back into gear when it is your time to shoot is huge. I gambled with a super slow player years ago and he beat me like a rented mule for about two months. I was young and sitting in the chair foaming and sweating to get back to the table while he was taking ten or fifteen minutes to run a few balls. Playing him wore me out in a hurry, not from the play but from the time I spent spinning my wheels in the chair.

I finally learned to shift gears and be a spectator when I was sitting in the chair. Ol' Joe never beat me again and what I learned playing him made me thousands over the years.

Hu

now that is a true bona fide shark that your opponent doesn't have the right to do, as most know.

your other point, i would be blaming myself for not being disciplined and getting right on the 9. if i did happen to miss it, it's all my fault. that's just what i think, although i do see people do what you are talking about. i just believe you can't ever assume anybody is going to give you anything, if you do it is a mental error on your part.

what i believe in solves much of this, and this is as close to the best information you can get on AZ i think (i know that is pretentious, but i think it's true):

sports psychologists talk about mental fatigue all the time, in other words, for optimal performance, rest is very important (tennis, football, boxing baseball all have little breaks because they want the athletes to perform well because that sells). Rest your mind while you are in the chair is the point, take that time and welcome your opponent to run all the balls as you recuperate from you mental exhaustion, and who knows, an added benefit many times is a hanging 9 ball, and you never sharked or did anything out of line (in that case you get an extra game AND you are better fit to come to the table!!!!!). you just sat there and rested your mind. so many times i see people look at me like i'm crazy for not giving a hanger 9, but it's just me trying to get that extra 20 seconds of rest in. players that are too "mentally invested" during time in the chair, or who give their opponent balls fall behind in this area (many seem to do both of those). the key is getting in that frame of mind where you feel as though you are resting...... once you think of your time in the chair as rest, you immediately become less "invested." it takes time and practice like anything else. try it!!! i'd love to hear what you think.

if you're having trouble with that last concept of mine, imagine you are fighting in a war, like in the movie 300 or something. you and your sword (pool cue, haha) are fending off opponents. now, all other things being equal, who would have the advantage in middle of a battle??..... a guy who could miraculously transport out in the middle of the fight and rest and hydrate for a couple minutes (that's another thing, DRINK when in your chair!!!!)..... or the guy that just has to fight straight through unable to catch his breath. a no brainer for me.... and any sport is really no different. i had to make this post a little long so that not too many people will read it, haha.

GeneSF
02-04-2008, 02:19 AM
It's so simple if you just play by the rules. The game ends when the game ball is legally pocketed. Remain seated until it's your turn.