PDA

View Full Version : 1pocket/bank vs. 8/9 ball

bankshot76
01-31-2008, 07:18 PM
I am an APA player but my main games are 1pocket/bank, I just get killed in league play for some reason. I feel I'm a very strong 1pocket/banks player but I don't know if it's just lack of interest or what but I really have a hard time adjusting to playing what always seemed to be the "beginner" games. Anybody with similar issues?

Bluesteel
01-31-2008, 08:13 PM
I am with you on the one hole and banks. My other new favorite game is becoming 14.1 because of the challenge it has and I can practice on my own. I played APA up until the last 6 months and what I did was to give myself a goal each league night as a way to motivate myself to stay focused. I only lost a couple of matches over a 2 year period playing both 8 and 9 ball, and those were always to low ranked players that I would take for granted early. Playing the short races that you do in APA, anyone can win on any given night, so if you mentally are not in the game, you have a much greater chance of losing.

Mark

AZE
02-01-2008, 01:53 AM
I am an APA player but my main games are 1pocket/bank, I just get killed in league play for some reason. I feel I'm a very strong 1pocket/banks player but I don't know if it's just lack of interest or what but I really have a hard time adjusting to playing what always seemed to be the "beginner" games. Anybody with similar issues?

Define 'very strong'.

T-dog
02-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Define 'very strong'.

Somewhat stronger than somewhat strong.

Samiel
02-01-2008, 08:54 AM
If you're a C player, One Pocket and Banks can be games where missing two or three shots will not change the outcome of the game, whereas in 8-ball or 9-ball, C players may run out on you more often. I've found that a big hole in my game is the ability to run balls out and finish the game. I really think that playing some Straight Pool may help you out in this respect. It's a mentally demanding game and you may find it harder than you think a lot of times. I know I do.