PDA

View Full Version : I Can See!!!!!!!!!

Jaden
02-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Wow, I had recently gotten a new job offer and had to pass a physical test as part of the process for starting the job and I failed the eye exam. (The first time I ever failed an eye test). I had to get an optometrist to sign off stating that I had corrected vision. Well I had a slight astigmitism in both eyes, mostly the right and just picked up my first pair of glasses today.

OMG what a difference. I couldn't believe that I was so blind. Even though I have a really mild prescription, the difference on the table is incredible. I'll have to change how I setup unless I get contacts and it might take a little while, but I can only see my game going up after this once I get used to them.

I really can't believe how much of a difference it makes. No more blurriness. I would be on the table and occasssionally jokingly say I was going blind while looking at a shot, but now I guess it wasn't as jokingly as I thought.

I think what was going on was that I started doing the things that I should've been doing a long time ago to adjust for my increasingly poorer eyesight and my game started to get like it was all those years ago when I was thinking of going pro. Developing a more consistent preshot routine etc.... I can only hope that this will help me get to the next level in my game.

Ok well I better go and do my homework so I can go and watch that ernesto and Eberle match.....

JoeyA
02-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Wow, I had recently gotten a new job offer and had to pass a physical test as part of the process for starting the job and I failed the eye exam. (The first time I ever failed an eye test). I had to get an optometrist to sign off stating that I had corrected vision. Well I had a slight astigmitism in both eyes, mostly the right and just picked up my first pair of glasses today.

OMG what a difference. I couldn't believe that I was so blind. Even though I have a really mild prescription, the difference on the table is incredible. I'll have to change how I setup unless I get contacts and it might take a little while, but I can only see my game going up after this once I get used to them.

I really can't believe how much of a difference it makes. No more blurriness. I would be on the table and occasssionally jokingly say I was going blind while looking at a shot, but now I guess it wasn't as jokingly as I thought.

I think what was going on was that I started doing the things that I should've been doing a long time ago to adjust for my increasingly poorer eyesight and my game started to get like it was all those years ago when I was thinking of going pro. Developing a more consistent preshot routine etc.... I can only hope that this will help me get to the next level in my game.

Ok well I better go and do my homework so I can go and watch that ernesto and Eberle match.....

Congratulations on the new peepers!

Look forward to testing them out on our Diamond Tables around the middle of the month.
JoeyA

IanCt
02-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I would highly recommend getting contacts, if youre astigmatism can handle a comfortable pair, such as acuvue oasys, or something similar. I personally cant play with my glasses, as when I get down on a shot, and am looking up I tend to see two sets of balls. When wearing contacts, your field of view is so much greater, and the line of the top of your glasses goes away. Best of luck.
Regards,
Ian

JoeW
02-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Funny you should mention that. I just received a pair of Billiard glasses from Gordon Harrison today. My optician changed the prescription especially for a 9 foot pool table and with the new tall lenses I have found that these billiard glasses are everything I hoped for. I have about $350.00 invested with a new eye exam, shipping, anti-glare etc but they were worth every penny. I actually see the table and the balls better with these corrected lenses than with my expensive progressive bi-focals that I use everyday.

Dr Harrison had the glasses made the same day I emailed the script and said it would take about 10 days from Quebec to Ohio. Good work from good people. If you wear glasses and shoot pool this is the guy to talk with.

http://www.billiard-eyeglasses.com/

:D :D :D

Runnin8
02-02-2008, 12:16 AM
This weekend I'm picking up round two on my pool playing specs. My optometrist nixed the contacts since my astigmatism is pretty severe and he was concerned they'd rotate out of alignment in my normal shooting stance. I picked a set of rimless glasses and we're flipping the lenses and putting the optical center so that its centered in my field of vision in shooting stance. The lenses will cover up to the eyebrow with no lines. Also doing the Crizal anti-reflective coating that I have on my regular lenses- makes them almost invisible. On round one the lab didn't understand the specific instructions and cut the lenses with no modifications.

All told its about $650 worth of specs for $71 thanks to the insurance.

Scottster
02-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Hi Jaden, I too have an astigmatism in my Right eye. I too have a mild prescription. I got tired of dealing with the glasses and told my optometrist I wanted contacts and the primary "focus" was for pool.

For my eye with the astigmatism I ended up with "Coopervision Toric lenses". These lenses are used to correct astigmatism. I tried the Acuvue's first but they were too loose and kept moving when I was down on a ball. I have had ZERO problems with the Coopervision lenses even in smoke filled rooms. I would highly recommend researching them out. Your optometrist should work with you on free trial lenses until the correct lenses you are looking for are found.

Thunderball
02-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Cool stuff Jaden!!

As far as this :
Funny you should mention that. I just received a pair of Billiard glasses from Gordon Harrison today. My optician changed the prescription especially for a 9 foot pool table and with the new tall lenses I have found that these billiard glasses are everything I hoped for. I have about $350.00 invested with a new eye exam, shipping, anti-glare etc but they were worth every penny. I actually see the table and the balls better with these corrected lenses than with my expensive progressive bi-focals that I use everyday.

Dr Harrison had the glasses made the same day I emailed the script and said it would take about 10 days from Quebec to Ohio. Good work from good people. If you wear glasses and shoot pool this is the guy to talk with.

I had know idea such a thing existed.I don't need glasses (not yet anyway) but thats pretty cool stuff.

DarkArtist
02-02-2008, 05:50 PM
"I Can See!!!!"

When I saw that headline I thought of Eddie Murphy in his fake sled from Trading Places. LOL

It must be incredible to see all those shiney clear balls!

I've been wearing contacts for many years and have been considering LASIK for the last few. Lately, contacts just don't seem to sit on my eyes perfectly so I need to constantly move them around, and the QC from the manufacturers doesn't seem to be as consistent as before so that some lenses are blurrier than others.

I heard Rodney Morris say LASIK improved his game a lot.

One day, when I can afford it! It can be disconcerting when you wake up in an unfamiliar house with blurry visiion, heheh.

Congrats on your new eyes!!!

Randy9Ball
02-02-2008, 06:25 PM

:D :D :D

Right on! I have a pair of these too! Great glasses!