PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh Jeanette....

yally
02-02-2008, 09:54 PM
http://www.liquidwick.com/

Noooooooooo! <Romeo yelling for Juliet voice>

:(

p.s. strangely, my boyhood crush still continues. Liquidwick won't come between us! :)

BlowFish
02-02-2008, 10:04 PM

p.s. strangely, my boyhood crush still continues. Liquidwick won't come between us! :)

That was funny. :D :D :D

poolmouse
02-03-2008, 01:01 AM

Oy, what some people will do for a buck.

Poolmouse

hackerda
02-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Yes, that is truly sad, but her pic. it totally hot! :eek:

Dean:D

JBCustomCues
02-03-2008, 10:11 AM
what the hell was she thinking????

selftaut
02-03-2008, 10:19 AM

Substantial $$$$$

yally
02-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Yes, that is truly sad, but her pic. it totally hot! :eek:

Dean:D

So true! :)

JBCustomCues
02-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Substantial $$$$$

I guess so. Its a shame shes selling out like that. But I guess she has to put food on the table some how....

selftaut
02-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I guess so. Its a shame shes selling out like that. But I guess she has to put food on the table some how....

Yup, and I think it fits into her plan of making a comeback on the tour as well. Possibly allows her to take on less exhibitions etc..

Johnnyt
02-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Like nobody else in sports would ever take a sponsership of a product they don't use. Give me a break. Her name can sell ice to the Eskimo's. And they would say thank you. Johnnyt

berlowmj
02-03-2008, 02:22 PM

The ad says nothing about deflection. The more I practice, the luckier I get & the better I perform with strange house cues. However, I still do better with my USS, which also improves with practice.

asbani
02-03-2008, 02:28 PM
i love Jeanette.... and yes its real love <Marry me>

SPINDOKTOR
02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
I thought She would be all over Predator's new line of Poisen cues... Apparently I was wrong...

SPINDOKTOR

our_auctionguy
02-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Where do they come up with these names ?????

Try saying "Liquid Wick" 10 times in a row at a normal speed.... You can't do it and it starts coming out all wrong. Too close to licka *ick :D :D

I think they would have been better off with a name like "Wicked Lick" ... easier to say ..:eek:

pooltchr
02-03-2008, 03:39 PM

I'm just guessing here, but if the money was good enough, I bet Allison would give up her Cuetec for one of them too.
Business is business.
Steve

ShootingArts
02-03-2008, 03:45 PM
I went to the liquidwick site and there was a picture of what I wanted and an "order now" button right on top of the picture. I click as quickly as possible thinking George has lost his mind but nooooooooooooo, they want to sell me a fiberglass coated pool cue, not Jeanette!

Hu

Johnnyt
02-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I can just hear all the ribbing she's getting from the other women on the tour with the name "Liquid Stick" Johnnyt

housecue
02-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Axis Glide sounds like something you can buy from a local sex shop.

Johnnyt
02-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Sex sells. Johnnyt

asiasdad
02-03-2008, 07:38 PM
i love Jeanette.... and yes its real love <Marry me>

She's already married, and I don't think you'd really want to deal with the maintenance or drama here.
(ie: off camera female Earl)

asbani
02-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Maybe you don't know me, but I just joke like that:) Don't take it way too serious I am like half-world away from USA. anyways I apologise if I hurt your feeling.

She's already married, and I don't think you'd really want to deal with the maintenence or drama here.

asiasdad
02-03-2008, 07:44 PM
nothing hurt, no worries...I do have compassion for her husband.

Frankenstroke
02-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Oy, what some people will do for a buck.

Poolmouse
Steve Mizerak endorsed Brunswick cues without playing with one.

Williebetmore
02-04-2008, 08:54 AM
She's already married, and I don't think you'd really want to deal with the maintenance or drama here.

Europe'sdad,
I guess I'm going to have to COMPLETELY DISAGREE with you on this one.

As a dedicated JL stalker......errrr....I mean JL fan; I believe that she is the anti-Earl. While her life seems to be almost unmanageably hectic (just try yourself to juggle the appearances, exhibitions, competitions, and family life); she has always tried to be a true professional.

If more players emulated her, pool would thrive (well....unless Efren started wearing tight leather pants, high heels, painted his nails....I guess I'm not so sure that would help).

buzzsaw
02-04-2008, 09:31 AM
You sound like someone that has had a bad experience with her. I've been fortunate enough to play JL a number of times and I've always been completely impressed with her demeanor. She has always been conciderate of her fans and treated them with respect. When we played, she was constantly being approached about autographs or someone wanting to buy drinks or someone wanting her to meet their friends. Not once did she ever refuse anyones request when it came to those kind of things.

I consider Jeanette a friend and I think she is as nice as she is beautiful.

hang-the-9
02-04-2008, 09:35 AM
This is not much different than the Cuetec deals, or the Scorpion cues Archer endorses (or did, not sure if that's current). Wonder how many pro players play with that they really want to and not just because they get a sponsor. I love how they say the pro taper will help people shoot better.

cuekev
02-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I have talked breifly to Jeanette at one of the WPBA events and at an appearance she was doing in the area. She was great with my two daughters. She made balloon animal for my youngest and at the WPBA event she did a magic trick and played a game with my older daughter. I recorded the match. I felt she was extremely nice to the young ones but a little cool to me. Maybe she doesn't like guys with beards. :rolleyes:

JCIN
02-04-2008, 10:44 AM
If everyone in pool was more like Jeanette, we might not be in the doldrums that we are now. I wish some of the other pro's would look at what she does and say to themselves "Huh...how can I learn from this?"

Personally I don't know how she does it. I have been around her on several occasions when complete strangers rush in and take over like she owes them something, and say some off the wall crude stuff to boot. She handles it like a champ. I would flip my lid.

She can have an off day like most of us, but she is a class act all the way and goes way out of her way when it has anything to do with kids. Jeanette is good people.

easy-e
02-04-2008, 10:47 AM
If everyone in pool was more like Jeanette, we might not be in the doldrums that we are now. Jeanette is good people.

True dat......and good use of the word "doldrums":D

Williebetmore
02-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Okay, I couldn't resist....here is another JL photo from the Betmore archives

P.S. - I noticed that JL now has a blog on her website; with a couple of new messages.

P.P.S. - you guys really shouldn't be discussing this topic without pictures. JMO.

CrownCityCorey
02-04-2008, 01:04 PM

Maybe that her child should have food in her mouth and be able to go to college?

Da Poet
02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
You know, not only is she good people, but if you even spend a minute around her in the presence of a pool table, you will see an intensity and enthusiasm for pool that few others are equally able to convey. She has a way of getting the whole room fired up. Very cool to see when you get a chance.

I'm burning my Predators and picking up a new Liquidwick baby! I'm sold! :D

No I wasn't serious, but... if the joint is relatively common and it's easy to swap in a new shaft down the road, with the linen wrap, and a bag, $99 isn't really out of line for a beginners cue.

rackem
02-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a step up from Imperial or Escalade whoever she was with before ;) :eek: I don't guess Jacoby can afford her and that is what she plays with.