PDA

View Full Version : OB-1 customer service rocks!

RBLilly
02-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Well I had a new tip put on my OB-1 last friday, and I used it for like a day and a half. Then the tip came off.........my first thought was a bad tip job.

Then I noticed that the carbon fiber pad was still stuck to the tip, and part of the wood tendon was on the back side of the pad! So that ruled out a bad tip job.

So I called up OB-1 and spoke with John. I told him what happened and he requested that I send it back to OB-1 via UPS. This was on Monday, and I doubted that I would get it back until after the weekend.

They got the shaft on Wed, fixed it that very day, and shipped it out. It was in my hands last night from UPS, just in time for this weekend's tourney at Fast Eddie's!

All I can say is the people at OB-1 rock................Thanks for the great responce time!

Scott

conetip
02-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Try that service on an import Que. It would not happen.

RBLilly
02-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Try that service on an import Que. It would not happen.

Isn't that the understatment of the year! LOL

Thanks for the input!

hang-the-9
02-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks for sharing a good experience, I hope the OB people see this. I'm sure most of what they (or anyone for that matter) hear is negative, not many people take the time to say good things.

AnitoKid
02-03-2008, 09:48 AM
The guys at OB-1 really do know the meaning of excellent customer service! Two thumbs up to them!

RBLilly
02-03-2008, 10:56 AM
I am sure we all have had negative experiences with customer sevice from a company at some point in our life. Most the time we are quick to let all our friends and family know about the bad experience.

I just thought I would share a good experience, and every time I have delt with OB-1 it has been nothing but a pleasure to talk to them.

Thanks OB-1!

SPINDOKTOR
02-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Im thinking about buying one for my fury RP-9, has anyone tried an OB-1 on a FURY RP series cue?

SPINDOKTOR

plane_o
02-03-2008, 03:29 PM
The folks @ OB1 are great people and do whats needed to make all their customers happy...

RBLilly
02-03-2008, 06:24 PM
The folks @ OB1 are great people and do whats needed to make all their customers happy...

Yep and that is the way to make a company grow by leaps and bounds.

Bigjohn
02-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Yep and that is the way to make a company grow by leaps and bounds.

Royce Bunnell of OB CUES offered to come to my home, pick up my cue, fit it with a new shaft and deliver it back to me. Now that's Customer Service!!! The guys are Great over there and know how to make a customer happy :D

Frankenstroke
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I bought an OB-1 at the Derby. Do you think its OK to break with it?

RBLilly
02-03-2008, 08:27 PM

They say it is ok to break with it, but I just don't get why someone would want to break with a low deflection shaft. Maybe I am just wrong for saying that. IDK

hang-the-9
02-06-2008, 08:46 PM

I break with mine, had it for a few weeks. Feels a bit odd as it flexes more than the house sticks I tend to use, but breaks apart the rack just as nice. I don't hit as hard with it, not for any fear of damage but due to the fact of the flex. There have been threads before about breaking with your nice playing stick, basically the replies were "if it's made well, break with it all you want".

charlieb
02-06-2008, 09:30 PM
They have a perfect attitude and execution. Really appreciate how they handled everything!

jbullerjr
02-07-2008, 12:31 AM

I have been breaking with mine for right at 4 years. I have been clocked at 28 mph and have had no problems. In fact, everyone on our team was given OB1's 4 years ago and told "Try to tear them up, break, masse whatever."

Royce breaks with his and he breaks pretty damn hard himself.

I think the low deflection shafts transfer a lot of energy to the ball. Have you ever noticed that you don't have to hit shots as hard with the OB1?

Seriously, if you have not tried breaking with these yet, you need to. They just destroy the rack.

JoeyInCali
02-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Thnx to the good people for a speedy service.
Here's Charlieb's custom OB1 to match his broomstick cue made by me.
Stag collar with thin phenolic and brass trims with a white MCB dash.

SPINDOKTOR
02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Thats it Bro, you keep it up and your going to have to make me a cue!!!!!! :D

SPINDOKTOR

Thnx to the good people for a speedy service.
Here's Charlieb's custom OB1 to match his broomstick cue made by me.
Stag collar with thin phenolic and brass trims with a white MCB dash.