PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Hello from BorderBilliards.com!

curt_bb
02-04-2008, 09:05 AM
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-22173577484953/billiard-forum.jpg (http://www.borderbilliards.com)

Hello AZ Board Members!

Hi, just thought I'd head on over to the main forum and introduce myself.

My name's Curt, and I'm the official board member for BorderBilliards.com, a brand new online store for anything and everything related to our beloved game of billiards. Some of you might have seen our brand new Border Billiards page in the forums section and are probably wondering who or what we might be.

We're proud to be a part of the billiards community. We offer our customers some of the best pool table supplies and accessories the web has to offer, as well as in-depth resource guides on the game itself, and best of all, FREE SHIPPING for orders over $25.

I'll be bouncing around the boards doing whatever I can to help, by answering questions and posting deals and discounts exclusively for members of the AZ Billiards Forum! As a thank-you for allowing us to participate in the forums, we'd like to offer all of you a pretty sweet deal to kick things off.

For the next 10 days, any AZ Forum Member that visits us @ http://www.borderbilliards.com will receive 15% off their first purchase!

During Checkout, just enter the promotion code: AZWELCOME (Exp. 2/14/08)

So feel free to swing by the site and check us out. Hope all of you enjoy our site and our section, and I look forward to talking to all of you soon!

bfdlad
02-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Please send me your email address, thanks

DeadPoked
02-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Can we get Playboy.com to have there own advertising chat category on this forum as well? Maybe we could get Playboy Playmates to discuss everything related to Playboy and if they enjoy long walks on the beach or not. We could possibly get 15% off the Playboy subscription as well.

Very odd to have a billiard related business have its own advertising section on the forum in the form of a chat category. You guys won't be seeing me very often in the Main Forum now on, I'll be hanging out in the BorderBilliards.com section discussing BorderBilliards with real BorderBilliards people! Woot... :rolleyes:

BVal
02-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Can we get Playboy.com to have there own advertising chat category on this forum as well? Maybe we could get Playboy Playmates to discuss everything related to Playboy and if they enjoy long walks on the beach or not. We could possibly get 15% off the Playboy subscription as well.

Very odd to have a billiard related business have its own advertising section on the forum in the form of a chat category. You guys won't be seeing me very often in the Main Forum now on, I'll be hanging out in the BorderBilliards.com section discussing BorderBilliards with real BorderBilliards people! Woot... :rolleyes:
Do you feel better now? Are you just trying to up your post count with pointless babble?

BVal

easy-e
02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
OH BABY!! I was waiting for a thread filled with drama! Now I got it. WOO-HOO!

curt_bb
02-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Haha, no drama here.

As a rep for Border Billiards, I'm just here to help out, answer any questions pertaining to the billiards supplies we sell, and hopefully provide you guys with some decent, exclusive deals. AZ has been kind enough to host us, and we're happy to return the favor to all of you.

As for DeadPoked's idea of having a few Playbody Bunnies floating around the forums, hey, I'm all for it. Seriously, just imagine the potentially suggestive avatar possibilities involving pool table supplies!

Oh, and if that does happen, I'd like to be the first one to state that I too enjoy long walks on the beach...;)

easy-e
02-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I know you aren't starting anything, but I smell a good old fashioned flame throwing contest. Thank you for the discount you are offering:D

curt_bb
02-04-2008, 01:24 PM
no problem...thank you for checking it out!

bfdlad
02-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Do you feel better now? Are you just trying to up your post count with pointless babble?

BVal
BVal, I'm glad you got that picture. How did you get it?? did I send it to you? I was looking for your email address.

BVal
02-04-2008, 02:05 PM
BVal, I'm glad you got that picture. How did you get it?? did I send it to you? I was looking for your email address.
Carlos took the picture for me - I also got a link to a photo album I will PM you my email address.

BVal

bfdlad
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Carlos took the picture for me - I also got a link to a photo album I will PM you my email address.

BVal
Carlos will be doing alot of our photography work from now on. He's a good guy.

BVal
02-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Carlos will be doing alot of our photography work from now on. He's a good guy.

That he is. :cool:

curt_bb
02-06-2008, 02:29 PM
So it turns out you can't bold links on a forum. My apologies to anyone who attempted a visit on my first post and wound up with squat.

Scroll to the top and be sure to click on the banner, the revised link, or my signature below to check out the site. So no worries, that AZ 15% Discount is still waiting patiently for each and every one of you.

Double-Dave
02-07-2008, 04:19 AM
I tried to order several items from your website.
When I filled in the bonus code AZWELCOME I got this:

"The coupon azwelcome only applies to certain items. None of them are in your shopping cart. "

I had several cues, table cloth, a cue-rack, table-brush and a cue-case in my shopping cart.

Dave

DeadPoked
02-07-2008, 05:10 AM

BVal

I myself wouldn't consider it pointless babble. It's just my way of voicing my disagreement with having a business have its own chat category. Which in all actuallity is just an advertisement. Is there really any other point of it being there? How often will that section be used for people that have questions for BorderBilliards? Couldn't they just get the assistance by going to the web site?

How many more of these sections do we have to look forward to cluttering up the forum area?

BVal
02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
I myself wouldn't consider it pointless babble. It's just my way of voicing my disagreement with having a business have its own chat category. Which in all actuallity is just an advertisement. Is there really any other point of it being there? How often will that section be used for people that have questions for BorderBilliards? Couldn't they just get the assistance by going to the web site?

How many more of these sections do we have to look forward to cluttering up the forum area?
It was a very condescending post regardless of the way you feel about it. This company is paying to advertise on here and in turn is contributing to help keep this a free forum.
You have voiced your opinion in your own way and if it bothers you that much and think it "clutters" up the forum area I am sure there are other forums out there that don't have this. This is just my opinion.

Good luck,

BVal

curt_bb
02-07-2008, 11:42 AM
We appreciate the good word, BVal. We're proud to be supporting the forum.

As for the coupon code, the issue has been fixed and it works perfectly. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

curt_bb
02-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Just throwing out a quick reminder that, for the next 2 days, any AZ Forum Member that visits us @ http://www.borderbilliards.com will receive 15% off their purchase!

During Checkout, just enter the promotion code: AZWELCOME

It's Valentine's Day, and we just want to show our undying love. Is that so wrong?

DeadPoked
02-12-2008, 04:10 PM
It was a very condescending post regardless of the way you feel about it. This company is paying to advertise on here and in turn is contributing to help keep this a free forum.
You have voiced your opinion in your own way and if it bothers you that much and think it "clutters" up the forum area I am sure there are other forums out there that don't have this. This is just my opinion.

Good luck,

BVal

Pretty much ever other forum on the internet are free of advertisers having there own chat category. That is my point. If you are so concerned about keeping this forum free, why are you not a club member? That's a good way to support the forum, is it not?

BVal
02-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Pretty much ever other forum on the internet are free of advertisers having there own chat category. That is my point. If you are so concerned about keeping this forum free, why are you not a club member? That's a good way to support the forum, is it not?
Because at this point I cannot afford it. I know it is not much but I don't have much. When I am able to afford it I will give Mike the money personally.

As far as other forums being free of advertisers with their own chat catergory - so what? This isn't another forum. This is AZB and this is the way they want to do it. You don't like it. so what? You stated your point - you could have done it differently and you didn't. so what?

Later,

BVal

CocoboloCowboy
02-12-2008, 04:25 PM
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-22173577484953/billiard-forum.jpg (http://www.borderbilliards.com)

Hello AZ Board Members!

Hi, just thought I'd head on over to the main forum and introduce myself.

My name's Curt, and I'm the official board member for BorderBilliards.com, a brand new online store for anything and everything related to our beloved game of billiards. Some of you might have seen our brand new Border Billiards page in the forums section and are probably wondering who or what we might be.

We're proud to be a part of the billiards community. We offer our customers some of the best pool table supplies and accessories the web has to offer, as well as in-depth resource guides on the game itself, and best of all, FREE SHIPPING for orders over $25.

I'll be bouncing around the boards doing whatever I can to help, by answering questions and posting deals and discounts exclusively for members of the AZ Billiards Forum! As a thank-you for allowing us to participate in the forums, we'd like to offer all of you a pretty sweet deal to kick things off.

For the next 10 days, any AZ Forum Member that visits us @ http://www.borderbilliards.com will receive 15% off their first purchase!

During Checkout, just enter the promotion code: AZWELCOME (Exp. 2/14/08)

So feel free to swing by the site and check us out. Hope all of you enjoy our site and our section, and I look forward to talking to all of you soon!

Welcome to the Forum, and thank for offering, DISCOUNTS...http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/cheers.gif

DeadPoked
02-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Because at this point I cannot afford it. I know it is not much but I don't have much. When I am able to afford it I will give Mike the money personally.

As far as other forums being free of advertisers with their own chat catergory - so what? This isn't another forum. This is AZB and this is the way they want to do it. You don't like it. so what? You stated your point - you could have done it differently and you didn't. so what?

Later,

BVal

Could have said it differently, but that wouldn't have been my style. I've said my part, you've said your part. Moving on. G'day.

PocketChalker
03-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Curt,

I just replied to John's email about carrying our products. Would love to be a part of your success.

As for your own thread, congrats. The guys running AZB are great. They were a great help in launching our products and the members here(most of them) are a great bunch of people and really helped out with exposure.

Shoot me your phone number and I'll give you a call. Although, I may not be able to call until after the Easter holiday.

Happy Easter everyone
Doug