PDA

View Full Version : My dog stole and "slimed" my cue ball!

Billy_Bob
03-14-2008, 07:46 AM
I was playing pool with my friend at home and he broke by shooting down on the cue ball too much...

...Well the cue ball went flying off the table and landed on the floor. My dog (black Lab) saw this opportunity to have a bit of fun, so she grabbed the cue ball, then quickly ran outside through the doggie door!

After a bit of chasing, we got the ball back, but it was slimed! :eek:

Vahmurka
03-14-2008, 08:30 AM
good it didn't swallow the whitey or you would have been forced to play dog-in-hand shot!

BVal
03-14-2008, 08:31 AM
One of our dogs like to roll and old 1 ball like a soccer ball around on the laminate wood floors. It's quite funny and entertaining.

BVal

TXsouthpaw
03-14-2008, 08:37 AM
When my rottweiler was like 6 months old she completely swallowed one of my pool gloves. We had to induce vomitiming to get it back otherwise it couldve blocked her digestive tract. well after a good wash and rinse it was good as new. Ive also found her with a blue mouth and a half eatin peice of chalk in there.

BVal
03-14-2008, 08:39 AM
When my rottweiler was like 6 months old she completely swallowed one of my pool gloves. We had to induce vomitiming to get it back otherwise it couldve blocked her digestive tract. well after a good wash and rinse it was good as new. Ive also found her with a blue mouth and a half eatin peice of chalk in there.
That is one CRAZY dog. LOL Next time just leave a bag of Cheezy Poofs out and she will leave your pool stuff alone.

BVal

Black-Balled
03-14-2008, 09:44 AM
HAha! I have a Rottie too. Awesome dog.

Mine is 8+ y/o. Basically over the eating anything phase, though she never could kick the diaper eating...no kisses for puppy:eek:

olauzon
03-14-2008, 09:58 AM
HAha! I have a Rottie too. Awesome dog.

Mine is 8+ y/o. Basically over the eating anything phase, though she never could kick the diaper eating...no kisses for puppy:eek:

them pups do anything to please their master don't they :D :D

BRKNRUN
03-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Did it improve you draw shots???;)

BVal
03-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Did it improve you draw shots???;)
It should at least take care of any skid problem. :D

BVal

Caromsoft
03-14-2008, 11:49 AM
I was playing pool with my friend at home and he broke by shooting down on the cue ball too much...

...Well the cue ball went flying off the table and landed on the floor. My dog (black Lab) saw this opportunity to have a bit of fun, so she grabbed the cue ball, then quickly ran outside through the doggie door!

After a bit of chasing, we got the ball back, but it was slimed! :eek:
That is clearly a foul, followed by BIM...Ball In Mouth. :)

derekdisco
03-14-2008, 12:58 PM
With a bunch of flame wars going on in the forum, this thread is like a breath of fresh air! Nice story!

hoosier_cues
03-14-2008, 01:03 PM
We have two black labs. Somehow or another they found one of my cases of master chalk. Talk about a huge mess. You got to love puppys.

BVal
03-14-2008, 01:07 PM
She is the one who likes to play soccer with the old 1 ball.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k248/bval_2006/Addison.jpg

jhendri2
03-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Ive also found her with a blue mouth and a half eatin peice of chalk in there.

Thet's funny, my GSP just did the same thing 2 days ago!!

Jim

ragbug74
03-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Thet's funny, my GSP just did the same thing 2 days ago!!

Jim

I have a buddy who had a black lab that was crazy for cubes of chalk. If you were playing on his table in his basement and she was around, you better put the chalk in your pocket and not on the rail. He told me stories of cleaning up blue piles out of his backyard.

bigpocket
03-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I had a yellow lab and he ate all my fishing reels. he pooped washers and screws for a while but he lived.

gobrian77
03-14-2008, 07:49 PM
This is Mojo's spot when I play- he won't move unless a ball flies off the table, and then all hell breaks loose.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/gobrian77/house%20pics/IMG_3297.jpg

rackem
03-14-2008, 07:55 PM
My buddy's dog chewed the drop pocket on his table. He got a hold of the Measel cue ball.
Anybody want to buy a measel cue ball? Only lightly chewed!:eek: :D
At least she didn't ruin the Centenial set.:(

jhendri2
03-14-2008, 08:07 PM
I had a yellow lab and he ate all my fishing reels. he pooped washers and screws for a while but he lived.

Reminds me of when my Norwegian Elkhound ate a cassette tape :eek:

Jim

Neil
03-14-2008, 08:11 PM

TXsouthpaw
03-15-2008, 12:15 PM
This is Mojo's spot when I play- he won't move unless a ball flies off the table, and then all hell breaks loose.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/gobrian77/house%20pics/IMG_3297.jpg

I have the same problem with my rottie. Theirs no carpet under the pool table just runners on all 4 sides so unless she wants to lay on bare concrete she lays down right on the runners. I literally stand over her on some shots. She doesnt care. as long as i dont move her when shes sleeping

DaveK
03-15-2008, 12:45 PM

That photo brings back memories. My dear departed golden Chester was about the same blonde colour, and would lay by the table when I practiced or played with friends, just like your Mojo. I had a house rule "you must play the dog where he lays" ... no getting the dog to move, you had to play around/over him.

As a retriever he loved to carry things around in his mouth, but never pool balls. When he was about a year old one Christmas we came downstairs in the morning to find him proudly carrying one of those light glass balls around ... gentle dogs they are.

Thanks for posting that lovely picture.

Dave

<edit> what the heck, here is Chester when he was about 14 years old, with our new mutt Daisey (he looks a bit washed out in the bright sun, but his colour was very close to Mojo).

LILJOHN30
03-15-2008, 03:14 PM
I used to frequent a pool hall in Tampa that let you bring your dogs in.The same thing happened to me ,someone broke from the other table and the cue went under my table,where Apollo was.Apollo is a French mastiff and weighs a slim 170 lbs.When the person went to get the cue he almost lost his arm as Apollo had claimed it ,and is very protective of me.He wan't allowed in the pool hall anymore.....:D

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa183/LILJOHN30_2007/3.jpg

gobrian77
03-15-2008, 08:23 PM
That photo brings back memories. My dear departed golden Chester was about the same blonde colour, and would lay by the table when I practiced or played with friends, just like your Mojo. I had a house rule "you must play the dog where he lays" ... no getting the dog to move, you had to play around/over him.

As a retriever he loved to carry things around in his mouth, but never pool balls. When he was about a year old one Christmas we came downstairs in the morning to find him proudly carrying one of those light glass balls around ... gentle dogs they are.

Thanks for posting that lovely picture.

Dave

<edit> what the heck, here is Chester when he was about 14 years old, with our new mutt Daisey (he looks a bit washed out in the bright sun, but his colour was very close to Mojo).

That's the EXACT rule at my house- no moving Mojo- he's "in play".;)

The little dog tends to get under foot and you can give her "the boot" if necessary.:p

Chester was a nice looking dog- sounds like he had a nice long life- Mojo is going on 3, but still thinks he's a puppy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/gobrian77/house%20pics/IMG_3269.jpg