PDA

View Full Version : What do you do then?

Ken_4fun
03-16-2008, 08:26 AM
As an old man of 44, I have spent the last 10 years picking up and trading cues. I trade up usually and have done what I have recommended to others. That being keep an eye on the market, never overpay, and collect what you like.

The list of cues that I have are my favorite cuemakers. I just bought a Josswest that was exactly what I was looking for in that model. As a family man, I consider Szam and Balabuskas out of my reach.

So now, I guess, like the day after Christmas, I am unsure of what my next cue should be. My thought is as most if not all modern cuemakers have been so influenced by Kersenbrock, that I should add him to group.

As noted, I have a Showman and another Southwest on order as well as one from my friend Kevin.

Any suggestions from my friends here? I asked John Showman, if he was buying a cue what would he buy. (And Showman cues sure are awesome, and he said his favorite cuemaker is Haily...).

What do you guys think?

Ken

Kevin Lindstrom
03-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I put Haley in my top 5 but as a working family man myself his pricing will be out of my budget. I have lots of pictures of his cues to admire and dream of though.

Kevin

RRfireblade
03-16-2008, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't put anyting out of reach , you never know what you might stumble on if your eye is sharp enough. If you truly do what you say you do , you should be sitting back and keeping a sharp eye out for anything of real interest. Many of my beloved collectables came totally out of the blue. ;) Few weeks ago , a near NIB model J fell my way , almost felt like stealing but these thing always even out over the long haul.

Don't limit yourself and be patient.

jasonlaus
03-16-2008, 10:58 AM
As an old man of 44, I have spent the last 10 years picking up and trading cues. I trade up usually and have done what I have recommended to others. That being keep an eye on the market, never overpay, and collect what you like.

The list of cues that I have are my favorite cuemakers. I just bought a Josswest that was exactly what I was looking for in that model. As a family man, I consider Szam and Balabuskas out of my reach.

So now, I guess, like the day after Christmas, I am unsure of what my next cue should be. My thought is as most if not all modern cuemakers have been so influenced by Kersenbrock, that I should add him to group.

As noted, I have a Showman and another Southwest on order as well as one from my friend Kevin.
Any suggestions from my friends here? I asked John Showman, if he was buying a cue what would he buy. (And Showman cues sure are awesome, and he said his favorite cuemaker is Haily...).

What do you guys think?

Ken
I bought 3 haley's this week they are incredible!!! If anyone has one or more for sale im also looking.

fan-tum
03-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Ten years ago I heard..."buy a Judd and hold onto it." But I don't know if his cues are currently in vogue.