PDA

View Full Version : SBE: Artistic Pool Competition

JesPiddlin
03-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Would someone be kind enough to let us know how the artistic pool competition went at Valley Forge???

Thanks!

mechanic/player
03-16-2008, 07:50 PM
During the 9 ball finals they announced that Stefano P. won the event.

JesPiddlin
03-16-2008, 09:04 PM
During the 9 ball finals they announced that Stefano P. won the event.

From the confirmed players list at http://www.trickshotproductions.com/ his name is not listed. Also, another site said he was there, but not competing in the trick shot competition. Anyone know for sure?

If anyone knows of any winners of other competitions up there, we'll be glad to hear who they are. We didn't get to go and are interested in who won what.

Thanks a bunch!

billiardshot
03-17-2008, 05:07 AM
Its look like Stefano P. did compete. Scroll down and you see Eric and Stefano. Maybe Yow will post result later or ProfessorQBall.
http://www.insidepoolmag.com/gallery2/v/Pool+Tournaments/super-billiards-expo-2008/?g2_page=9

ericyow
03-17-2008, 06:16 AM
Hey all! Stefano did not compete. Mark Dimick won by a tiny, little, miniscule, piece of a hair! I'll post the complete results as I get them confirmed. To make a long story a short one, here's my journey to the finals. Of the four preliminary rounds: I played mediocre in the first one to be in 8th so far of the 29 players. I played poorly in the second, dropped to 14th. Then I met a girl named Kat. She came to my 3rd round and I rocked the house, upped to 8th again. Knowing top four gets a bye into the finals, I made sure she was at my fourth round match - I rocked the house again, jumped into 4th going into the finals. In the finals, I beat Bruce Barthelette, which was a feat for sure, then I had to play Andy Segal. Andy had led the prelims in all four rounds (I believe) and topped out at first going into the finals - I thought he was untouchable. He played well, I played great and beat him. I love that guy, by the way. Good friend. He's so incredible, it's a good feeling to overcome him. Then I had to play Mark Dimick for the win. I took the lead early, he took it back. I took it again and held on to it until the last shot. He had to make it to survive, and hope I would miss. He made it on his first attempt! Awesome. This shot is one where you'd jump off a ball, over a bridge, fly forward, then spin around a rack to make a ball in the corner. The only rule is you can't hit the rack. I hit it good the first time and it HIT the ball, but it bobbled! Crowd went nuts. That big trophy was staring at me the whole time. Second attempt I hit it GOOD and I made the shot, but the cue ball grazed the rack on the way to pocket the ball. Then, as anticlimactic as it gets, I didn't get the cue ball over the bridge on my third attempt.

Congratulations to Mark Dimick for winning 2008 Masters Artistic Pool Championship!!!

My favorite part of the tournament:
Before each finals match, the players get 5 min to practice on the playing table. Mark is a record holder in wingshots (rolling a ball down table, past a cube of chalk on the foot spot, and cutting it in on the fly). He's fantastic at them. In his practice, he shot several. Pretending to be intimidated, in my practice I rolled and shot one as well, making it. I rolled another and on its way down, I turned my head back to Mark and said, "what's up now?!" and shot the ball while looking away at Mark. Luckily, I made it and the crowd went "ooooooohhhhh!" It was awesome. What are the odds! We had a lot of fun, for sure.

Let me say this, I'm continually amazed at the cameraderie that artistic poolplayers always show. The friendships, the support, and the guidance that is shared all the way through to the end is fantastic. And the suspense of that finals match! I can't see how, in pool, you can compare another match's build-up and completion. I love it. Praise God for the many ways He blesses us with the satisfaction in life. Ecclesiastes 3:13

-yow!

JesPiddlin
03-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks for your response, Eric. Always enjoy your stories of the competition. We look forward to your post of the complete results. Hopefully, next year, we'll make it up there and actually get to see who wins, instead of having to wait for a report.

In case Mark Dimick should happen to poke his head in the forum door, Congratulations!

Does anyone have any pics from the artistic competition?

billiardshot
03-17-2008, 09:32 AM
This site back up for a few picture - scroll down middle way

http://www.insidepoolmag.com/gallery2/v/Pool+Tournaments/super-billiards-expo-2008/?g2_page=9

From inside Pool magazine photos. Mistook as Stefano P.

ericyow
03-19-2008, 06:20 AM
that's me and Mark Dimick

-yow!