PDA

View Full Version : Cue stick review sites?

TheNewSharkster
03-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a good site to check out cue stick reviews. I know we have a forum for this but I am looking for a site with professional reviews.

Thanks in advance!
Ian

hang-the-9
03-17-2008, 05:52 PM
tsk tsk.. I think quite a few of the reviews here are "professional" level.
Or would you like Earls Site of Pool Things... "this cue sucks" "this cue is bad" "did you see this cue??? It moved just as I was about to shoot!!"

Then we'd have Efren's Billiard Things. "Dis ceu is berry nice, I vin lots wid it" "Dat cue, so nice, I beet lots of peeple weeth it"

Ballistic Billiards
03-17-2008, 05:57 PM
This has a couple good reviews.
check it out (http://books.google.com/books?id=IqvMDAP0_4UC&printsec=frontcover&dq=pool+cues&sig=PZxNdgZV9gP4Qn6KLM3NTQO2C2Q).
-cOOp

Fatboy
03-17-2008, 06:44 PM
your gonna find more knowlegeable people here than anywhere else, knot knocking any other sites but AZ seems to have the most talent, knowlege and people in the know. just ignore me i'm full of shit.;)

TheNewSharkster
03-17-2008, 06:51 PM
tsk tsk.. I think quite a few of the reviews here are "professional" level.
Or would you like Earls Site of Pool Things... "this cue sucks" "this cue is bad" "did you see this cue??? It moved just as I was about to shoot!!"

Then we'd have Efren's Billiard Things. "Dis ceu is berry nice, I vin lots wid it" "Dat cue, so nice, I beet lots of peeple weeth it"

I wasn't trying to knock anyones review but when I browse through that section I actually see few reviews.

TheNewSharkster
03-17-2008, 06:51 PM
This has a couple good reviews.
check it out (http://books.google.com/books?id=IqvMDAP0_4UC&printsec=frontcover&dq=pool+cues&sig=PZxNdgZV9gP4Qn6KLM3NTQO2C2Q).
-cOOp

Thanks for the link. I am finding this very interesting :)

Pushout
03-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Far as I know, you won't find much. Cues aren't reviewed like other products. Word of mouth and personal experience is what gets it done.
I should add that cue experience is very subjective. What one person likes, another may not. Awful lot of variables in how a cue feels to an individual. I've only bought one, maybe two, that I remember that I didn't at least try one similar, same maker, joint, shaft taper, etc.
I've had a bunch and this doesn't apply to production cues.

SCCues
03-18-2008, 07:01 AM
Cues aren't reviewed like other products. Word of mouth and personal experience is what gets it done.
I should add that cue experience is very subjective. What one person likes, another may not. Awful lot of variables in how a cue feels to an individual. I've only bought one, maybe two, that I remember that I didn't at least try one similar, same maker, joint, shaft taper, etc.
I've had a bunch and this doesn't apply to production cues.
What works for one player may be terrible for some one else. Some people like heavy cues and others like light cues, small shafts vs. larger shafts, hard tips vs. soft tips, steel joints vs. flat faced wood to wood joints, and the list goes on and on. I think you have to try a couple of different style cues yourself to see what feels right for you.....

James

Hail Mary Shot
03-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the AZB community Ian. seems like you are in the initial stage of looking and buying a personal cue. first-timer?

anyway, I would like to ask to how much is your budget and maybe we can lend you a hand on selecting the best cue for the money.

I would also like to know if you just wanted a production cue or a custom cue. weight (heavy or light), and wood composition. that's all you'll need for now. you can either make some modification or buy a new cue thereafter, when you get to familiarize yourself with cues.