PDA

View Full Version : Speed pool

dfweyer
03-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Our local qualifying for VNEA Nat'l is coming up for the international speed pool championships. I've qualified 2 out of the past 3 years & was curious if there were any other avid speed poolers on this site. I probably average around 85 seconds on my 8' Olhausen and usually practice for about an hour a day for the 2-3 weeks prior.

The qualifying is on 7 foot bar boxes and it typically takes less than 70 seconds to make the finals. The only rule is that the 8 ball must be shot last...otherwise it is straight pool.

Whether or not I play well...I do get pretty good exercise!!

noRulez
03-18-2008, 09:19 AM
I like to play every now and then. My best time is a minute - 3 seconds on an 8 footer. I have never played on a BB or a 9 footer. We play by the same rules: 8 ball last, and straight pool otherwise. I do hold the record amongst my friends. We also count penalties for scratching, etc. I think it's a blast and I really haul ass around that table. Probably funny to watch. I know it's fun watching others get into it.

bfdlad
03-18-2008, 09:20 AM
I love speed pool although alot of folks on here hate it. I have a 9ft and runs anywhere between 1.15 and 1.25. I have been thinking about it since I saw it on TV and that I could actually compete with those guys. Obviously once the TV is on ya I'm sure it changes alot of the mental game. Where can I find more info on speed pool events?

dfweyer
03-18-2008, 11:39 AM
VNEA's website has it listed as an event on the Friday after Memorial day...not sure if any other oool sanctioning entities have this as an event.