PDA

View Full Version : $8,000.00 added money April 4-6.

JoeyA
03-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Are any AZers playing in the FIRST Seminole Pro Tour tournament outside of Florida?

The entry fee is $150. I have been thinking about making a donation, testing my mettle and see where I stand on the 9 ball totem pole.

I need to find a driving machine to go with as it is too far of a drive for me to enjoy by myself. Short drives are OK but after 3 hours, it is a grind by yourself.

The GREAT added monies and the new location should bring out some nice talent.

The tournament is a weekend tournament (Friday-Sunday) but will not start until 6 pm on Friday as I understand it and you have to call in your reservation to Kevin Picard. You can get his number by going over to the FLA Pro Tour Forum here on AZ, call him with your credit card number.

THE SEMINOLE INDIAN TRIBE ROCKS FOR POOL. :D JoeyA

Blackjack
03-18-2008, 10:05 AM
I have been thinking about making a donation, testing my mettle and see where I stand on the 9 ball totem pole.

Actually, Joey, 10 Ball will be the game that they will be playing...

It's impossible for me to get to these on a Friday afternoon when they are in Florida, doubtful I will make one that's in Georgia or North Carolina either.

The added day adds a hotel room to the expenses. Players have enough expenses. If the tourney is Saturday - Sunday, You arrive on Saturday morning. If you get bumped on Saturday and don't make it into the money, you can just go home - no hotel expenses are incurred.

With the added evening with the event starting on Friday night - I have to take off work (costs $$$), then pay for a room for Friday night (more $$$). It doesn't make sense for me to do that.

Also, with gas climbing to almost $3.50 a gallon - you can also figure that some players won't be making these longer trips up north - but I'm sure the local players in Georgia and NC will fill those slots up (gladly).

Either way, I hope the Friday starts change in the future - they are great events.

hang-the-9
03-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Are any AZers playing in the FIRST Seminole Pro Tour tournament outside of Florida?

The entry fee is $150. I have been thinking about making a donation, testing my mettle and see where I stand on the 9 ball totem pole.

I need to find a driving machine to go with as it is too far of a drive for me to enjoy by myself. Short drives are OK but after 3 hours, it is a grind by yourself.

The GREAT added monies and the new location should bring out some nice talent.

The tournament is a weekend tournament (Friday-Sunday) but will not start until 6 pm on Friday as I understand it and you have to call in your reservation to Kevin Picard. You can get his number by going over to the FLA Pro Tour Forum here on AZ, call him with your credit card number.

THE SEMINOLE INDIAN TRIBE ROCKS FOR POOL. :D JoeyA

If it's not in Florida, where is it?

stevea
03-18-2008, 10:28 AM
If it's not in Florida, where is it?

April 4-6
Mr Cues II
Atlanta, GA
$8,000 Added

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=91427

I watched most of the first stop in palm harbor at strokers, it was a great tournament!

JoeyA
03-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Actually, Joey, 10 Ball will be the game that they will be playing...

It's impossible for me to get to these on a Friday afternoon when they are in Florida, doubtful I will make one that's in Georgia or North Carolina either.

The added day adds a hotel room to the expenses. Players have enough expenses. If the tourney is Saturday - Sunday, You arrive on Saturday morning. If you get bumped on Saturday and don't make it into the money, you can just go home - no hotel expenses are incurred.

With the added evening with the event starting on Friday night - I have to take off work (costs $$$), then pay for a room for Friday night (more $$$). It doesn't make sense for me to do that.

Also, with gas climbing to almost $3.50 a gallon - you can also figure that some players won't be making these longer trips up north - but I'm sure the local players in Georgia and NC will fill those slots up (gladly).

Either way, I hope the Friday starts change in the future - they are great events.

Blackjack,
10 Ball for sure, my bad...

With gasoline prices going up, the cost for an airplane ticket has to be considered. The additional time saved and the wear and tear on automobile and body has to be weighed in too.

The first match doesn't start until about 6:00 PM Friday if I am not mistaken. I might take off a little early from work and make this one but I will have to wait and see. I'm in the process of getting the POW-MIA Fishing Lodge renovated and I may not go because of the work going on right now. A link for you to visit and look at. http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=9h036p9n.7ckiqohn&Uy=6izuat&Ux=0
I don't have any new pictures to upload at this time. Just thought you might want to take a quick look. Siemens (the big company) built the POW-MIA SIGNAL light for me out of the generosity of their heart. Siemens has a BIG HEART and so do their employees who gave much of their time to this project. The signal light is a one of a kind for sure. :-)

Later,
JoeyA

cubc
03-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I cant enter in tournaments that start on Fridays either.

stevea
03-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I'll wait until it comes back down to HammerHeads in May. I'm getting married on April 5th (if i change my mind about that, then I'll have to leave the state anyways so might as well go to Atlanta, hahaha jk) :D

Seminole Pro Tour
03-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the shout out guys. Just to confirm a few things...

We are definitely playing 10-ball :)

We will be starting the tournament at 6pm on Friday night. If you pay with credit card in advance, you dont have to be there until 6. if you show up at the last minute, the players meeting will be at 5pm and you can pay with cash ONLY if there are spots available. The field will be locked at 5:15pm.

With 16 tables at Mr. Cues, we will be capping the field at 96 players! I hope we can get a mostly full field as I think this will be a great event. There will be a 9-ball tourney hosted by Mr. Cues on Friday night after we have played 2 rounds of the Pro Tour event. Should be a good time for all...

My # to register is 954-445-5106. Please have your credit card ready when you call.

Email works best for me as Im on the run a bunch so let me know if you have any other questions. KevinPickard@semtribe.com

Thanks!
Kevin Pickard

jamesroberts
03-24-2008, 11:29 AM
hey uh kevin are there gonna be tables there for me to uh practice on :)
lol

instroke75
03-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Kevin,
Why the Friday starting time? I would love to come play in these, but it is impossible to take off Friday and possibly Sat nights as I bartend in a poolroom! You've made your tournament unplayable for many players, and I know you still have great participation, but it would be nice if they started on Sat again so many of us would be able to play!
Jeremy

Seminole Pro Tour
03-25-2008, 06:47 AM
James... Mr. Cues will have a large amount of 8 footers for your hearts enjoyment. :)

Jeremy... We decided to start on Friday nights for a variety of reasons. One being the overall level of professionalism of the event. All of the matches are timed out through the weekend, and this would not be possible if we squeezed the event into two days. The hassle of players sitting in the pool room withouth playing just waiting to hear their name called is pretty much erased. Also, we do not have to play into all hours of the night. This gives the pool room their weekend late night business still, and this is a great benefit to them as they are already adding money to the tournament payout. We would like these events to truly be professional, and starting on a Friday night will have to work for the participants. I apologize if you are no longer able to play, but we cant please everybody and decisions have to be made sometimes for the betterment of the whole. I hope we can see you soon enough on Tour.

Have a great one guys...

instroke75
03-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Kevin,
I can appreciate all those reasons, as I work in a poolroom that has ran many different weekend tournaments. The scheduled matches is a big plus, no one likes sitting and waiting to be called! Anyway thanks for answering my questions, and good luck with another great season!
Jeremy

JoeyA
03-25-2008, 07:24 AM
James... Mr. Cues will have a large amount of 8 footers for your hearts enjoyment. :)

Jeremy... We decided to start on Friday nights for a variety of reasons. One being the overall level of professionalism of the event. All of the matches are timed out through the weekend, and this would not be possible if we squeezed the event into two days. The hassle of players sitting in the pool room withouth playing just waiting to hear their name called is pretty much erased. Also, we do not have to play into all hours of the night. This gives the pool room their weekend late night business still, and this is a great benefit to them as they are already adding money to the tournament payout. We would like these events to truly be professional, and starting on a Friday night will have to work for the participants. I apologize if you are no longer able to play, but we cant please everybody and decisions have to be made sometimes for the betterment of the whole. I hope we can see you soon enough on Tour.

Have a great one guys...

I too have a problem with weekday playing but the added benefit of not having to wait to hear your name called far outweighs showing up Friday night at 6:00 pm. Having the match times posted is worth its weight in gold.

THE SEMINOLE INDIAN TRIBE ROCKS!

Thanks,
JoeyA