PDA

View Full Version : Blatt Billiards in NYC 85 Years of Service

Jude Rosenstock
03-18-2008, 10:47 AM
The pdf file was too big to post:

Ron Blatt, President of Blatt Billiards Corporation, celebrating its 85th Anniversary year in New York City, is proud to announce the first of its kind antique pool table, cue art, and billiard memorabilia exhibition at The National Arts Club in Gramercy Park, March 19-30, 2008.

This unique billiards exhibit will feature some of the rarest pool tables ever made. The exhibition will also have on display Custom Cues from the best current works of the top cue artists in America today.

In addition, there will be an exhibit of billiard memorabilia and collectables from, The Billiard Encyclopedia Collection. The exhibition will tell the story of the development of pool tables, custom cues and of cue sports popularity around the world.

The two-week exhibition is open to the public for viewing from: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 thru Sunday, March 30, 2008.

In the Billiard Room and Galleries of:
The National Arts Club
15 Gramercy Park South
New York City
Gallery Hours: 12 Noon to 6:00 PM Daily
Admission is Free

For directions to The National Arts Club please visit www.nationalartsclub.org
Blatt Billiards contacts:
Victor Stein or Barry Dubow
212-674-8855

www.blattbilliards.com

pro9dg
03-18-2008, 12:12 PM
A couple of years ago Andy Richardson and myself were given a BEHIND CLOSED DOORS tour of the Blatt workshop by the one and only Barry Dubow. It blew our minds!

They had around 400 tables in varying states of refurbishment. There were tables of movie stars, presidents and the one of our own Queen Victoria was being used as a work bench.

I believe that they have another 2000 tables stored in an aircraft hanger somewhere in the Nevada desert.

If I was impressed at what I saw piled one upon another then I am sure that the forthcoming exhibition should go straight into every pool fans diary as A MUST NOT MISS EVENT. I remember thinking that this is not right that so much heritage is locked up in a Broadway Warehose, the public deserve to see this.

Now Barry, Barry and Victor are giving you the chance - don't miss it!

Unfortunately, I will because I only found out through Jude's posting and that is too short notice. I am choked!
Doug Gordon