PDA

View Full Version : Bets against SVB at VFBE pit

fish on
03-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Sunday Morn.3AM when I left the expo pit action
I learned what the break in 10 ball meant!

I am not sure who all players were, but bet was 2oo +++ sides

SVB was racking and others were betting against him!
I watched him last year in pit and he did'nt make alot of noise then!

When I was there he won some and lost some!
You find out what a bar table can do to a great player!
Rolls mean it all for you and the other way against you!

The guys playing did not miss much and things happened that would not occur on the 9 footer.

I enjoyed the personality of Shane who came off as one of us!
He was laughing and extremely relaxed! He playfully held his money up high when the other guy was at the table!
I could'nt believe a railbird had him autograph a poster which he unrolled and layed out on table before he broke !

I don't know how it turned out but we saw some great pool on a Diamond bar box under hard conditions!
These tables by the way are tighter then the ones in the tournament area!
I was talking to Diamond Rep about tables for sale at VFBE!

One of the stand-outs was Matt Clatterbuck who won the AM-Pro Bar Box Challange.
Right before the finals which he won against Ron Wiseman Sunday I asked him what time he left pit, He told me he went to bed at 5:30 AM
Yes young is the thing!

some of the players in pit action were matt clatterbuck , ryan mc creesh,
shane, cholon,Brandon (Ithink) Shuff, mike Miller there were others but the common factor was they could all play good enough to win and did!

I watched Matt play a match last year against Lil John and take down the cash but this year I did see him play alot stronger.
He and dennis Hatch did not miss a ball in their match they played in the Pro-Am.
It was amazing! Matt won.
Does he work ?

Railbird
03-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Sunday Morn.3AM when I left the expo pit action
I learned what the break in 10 ball meant!

I am not sure who all players were, but bet was 2oo +++ sides

SVB was racking and others were betting against him!
I watched him last year in pit and he did'nt make alot of noise then!

When I was there he won some and lost some!
You find out what a bar table can do to a great player!
Rolls mean it all for you and the other way against you!

The guys playing did not miss much and things happened that would not occur on the 9 footer.

I enjoyed the personality of Shane who came off as one of us!
He was laughing and extremely relaxed! He playfully held his money up high when the other guy was at the table!
I could'nt believe a railbird had him autograph a poster which he unrolled and layed out on table before he broke !

I don't know how it turned out but we saw some great pool on a Diamond bar box under hard conditions!
These tables by the way are tighter then the ones in the tournament area!
I was talking to Diamond Rep about tables for sale at VFBE!

One of the stand-outs was Matt Clatterbuck who won the AM-Pro Bar Box Challange.
Right before the finals which he won against Ron Wiseman Sunday I asked him what time he left pit, He told me he went to bed at 5:30 AM
Yes young is the thing!

some of the players in pit action were matt clatterbuck , ryan mc creesh,
shane, cholon,Brandon (Ithink) Shuff, mike Miller there were others but the common factor was they could all play good enough to win and did!

I watched Matt play a match last year against Lil John and take down the cash but this year I did see him play alot stronger.
He and dennis Hatch did not miss a ball in their match they played in the Pro-Am.
It was amazing! Matt won.
Does he work ?

The railbird you refer to was no other than George "Ginky" San Souci, who was getting the poster autographed for a young spectator in the back of the crowd.
And yes, Matt C. does in-fact hold a full time job, I believe he is a driver for UPS.

gregoryg
03-18-2008, 05:33 PM
I was there until 5:00AM too. Too bad Chohan backed out of the 10 ahead set, once he saw how fast the railbirds came up with the balance to come up with 5K in less than ten minutes! Strong and stronger shooters all!!! Tough to come up with a clear cut favorite with those shooters playing. Champion after champion fell and got decimated!