PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bergman vs. Morra Hype Thread

JCIN
03-18-2008, 05:56 PM
The boys are in Olathe and the action has started already. Mike Banks played Cliff Joyner some one hole getting 10-6 and the breaks and won a couple of sets. Scooter was in action last night as well. Scott Frost is talking about flying in. It is gonna be fun.

The Pay Per View info will be up later tonight, the price is going to be $25 for the whole match, $20 for Saturday and Sunday, and $15 for Sunday.

We will have some Ustream running soon, maybe tonight and almost surely tomorrow. I will post it up when we are ready.

Here are some pictures from about 15 minutes ago:

Justin Bergman, Shane and Mike Banks. Nasty is on the phone with Frost.

Justin, Shane, Mike, and Scooter who is actually at rest in this picture.

John (Connie's Alternate) Morra practicing with the guys looking on.

I will post updates on the goings on at Shooters in this thread. If you live within driving distance stop in and hang out with us. You will probably see some action and you are guaranteed to laugh a little.

rzrbak98
03-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Wow they look so excited is cliff and shane going to play 1hole to night.:D

JCIN
03-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow they look so excited is cliff and shane going to play 1hole to night.:D

Right now no 1 hole but.....

Shane is giving Scooter the 4 out for $100 a game right now on Ustream.

See it here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/theactionreports-show

We will have some interviews with John and Justin as well as whatever else pops off.

bruceree
03-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Right now no 1 hole but.....

Shane is giving Scooter the 4 out for $100 a game right now on Ustream.

See it here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/theactionreports-show

We will have some interviews with John and Justin as well as whatever else pops off.

Awesome. Any idea when the ppv will start up on friday?

JCIN
03-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Awesome. Any idea when the ppv will start up on friday?
Start time is 8 Eastern/ 7 Central on Friday and Saturday and 6 Eastern/ 5 Central on Sunday.

sydbarret
03-18-2008, 10:59 PM
I'll give up 7 games and take Morra for $100.

tlcff8
03-18-2008, 11:06 PM
when is bergman gonna play, i saw him play a few times its like he is a surgeon on the table

hilla_hilla
03-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Connie's alternate, ha, ha! :D

beav99_4life
03-19-2008, 02:56 AM
This is going to be another great weekend. My boys and I are all getting together for this and plan on being glued to the computer all weekend. Once again, we cant thank you enough for all you two do. And for the record, I think Morra is going to take this one, but I think its going to be the best action challenge yet.

hilla_hilla
03-19-2008, 03:08 AM
I think both John and Justin have great games. John seems more methodical, but Justin's stroke... I think Justin is going to take this one (sorry, Connie).

JCIN
03-19-2008, 03:41 AM
It is a little after 5 AM in Olathe and I just rolled into the hotel. It was a great first night with lots of action and all kinds of laughs. It started off about 8 PM with Scooter woofing at Shane:

Scooter: "Corey gives me the 4 out...."

SVB: "I am not giving you the 4 out"

Scooter: "Then I guess you are not as good as Corey because he gives me the 4 out."

SVB: "You got the 4 out."

I think it might have been a bit of a Scooter Jedi mind trick he was laying on Shane but if it was it ended up backfiring on the Scoot because after playing 3, 5 ahead sets, he was 1 set loser.

After that game broke the woofing started in earnest and eventually Adam "The Sleeve" Behnke stepped up giving Scooter the 7 in a race to 9. They were playing on a double tough Gold Crown and I think the tight pockets got in the Sleeve's noggin a little because he made some unusual mistakes that cost him the first set. Scooter then went into full on free wheel mode and took down the second set as well. After much barking between Shane and the Scootmeister it sounds like a game will be made tomorrow.

We hope to have the feature table and spectator area set up tomorrow along with all the cameras and mics. We had some audio issues with Ustream but those should be knocked out tomorrow and we will be in dead punch for another night of free Ustream action.

AZ'er ibuycues stopped in the room and talked with us for awhile. He said he is going to bring "a few cues" for us to photograph tomorrow. I can't wait to see what comes out of that case :D

Not sure when the free coverage will fire back up. it all depends on how long it takes to get the set up all sorted. When we get it in gear I will post it on our site as well as AZ. Thanks to everyone who watched online tonight despite the audio sounding like we were under water. It will be better tonight.

storke
03-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Great video stream last night! I love the straight rawness of your broadcast. We get to see it unfold like we are there sweating the match. Keep up the good work!

Dead Money
03-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Yep, I watched it last night for a bit myself. I like this type of coverage much better than the sterile boring stuff usually shown on ESPN:D

TorranceChris
03-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks TAR! As I'm home sick, I'm looking forward to seeing some more good action and will pop for the TAR main event Friday :D

iba7467
03-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I'll give up 7 games and take Morra for $100.

You've got me for $100 if you want it.

dgarfoot
03-19-2008, 12:40 PM
is this young guns challenge going to b on dvd in the future? would b a gread add to my TAR collection. Great job TAR

mouse
03-19-2008, 05:54 PM
I to would like a copy if this recorded. Good luck Justin.

rzrbak98
03-19-2008, 09:51 PM
I'll pre order a copy.

cueandcushion
03-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Good luck to Justin.

JCIN
03-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Its 8:30 AM in Olathe and I just got in the hotel room. The playing arena is almost done, just have 1 more set of bleachers to put in and Dan Tull and his guys are going to build a platform for the commentators booth. All the electronics will go in this afternoon and we will have some Ustream up tonight probably around 10 or 11 PM Central. This is barring any gremlins or ghosts in the machine.

Lot of action tonight. Shane and Cliff were matched up playing cheap 1 pocket 9-8 and Cliff was playing bad. I never did hear how they ended up. John Morra matched up with Danny Harriman playing cheap 10 ball on the feature table and lost 2 sets, 9-8, 9-4.

After Shane was done with Cliff, Scooter started in on him about playing the same way as last night. Scooter Goodman of Cleveland, Ohio played Shane Van Boening of Sioux Falls, South Dakota in a pool game called 9 ball getting a handicap of winning when he makes any ball after the 3. The balls after the 3 are all "wild" so if they are legally pocketed at any time by Mr. Goodman it results in a win. The stakes for this contest were $200 U.S. Dollars per game with a stipulation that they would play until one player reached 5 games ahead of the other at which point they would pay. This game started approx. 12:30 AM Central time and was still going on when I left 20 minutes ago. Shane was stuck 1 set.....sorry...Mr. Van Boening was was 1 set of 5 games behind Mr. Goodman.

We wanted to do some more Ustream stuff tonight but the room was busy with leagues and moving things around to get ready for the weekend as well as the guys were jumping back and forth all over the place so by the time we would of gotten all the trash set up to broadcast we would of had to tear it all down and move it...about 5 times. The playing area will be done today and we will have the audio and video dialed in to where it needs to be. When we go live I will post up the notice.

Scooter is the funniest creature on the face of the earth.

watchez
03-20-2008, 07:55 AM
For those that asked about DVD sales - I plan to be there with a hand held camera and have two buddies also with their camera phones taking shots from different angles. Bootleg copies will be sold for $4.95 PLUS SHIPPING after this weekend.

uwate
03-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Its 8:30 AM in Olathe and I just got in the hotel room. The playing arena is almost done, just have 1 more set of bleachers to put in and Dan Tull and his guys are going to build a platform for the commentators booth. All the electronics will go in this afternoon and we will have some Ustream up tonight probably around 10 or 11 PM Central. This is barring any gremlins or ghosts in the machine.

Lot of action tonight. Shane and Cliff were matched up playing cheap 1 pocket 9-8 and Cliff was playing bad. I never did hear how they ended up. John Morra matched up with Danny Harriman playing cheap 10 ball on the feature table and lost 2 sets, 9-8, 9-4.

After Shane was done with Cliff, Scooter started in on him about playing the same way as last night. Scooter Goodman of Cleveland, Ohio played Shane Van Boening of Sioux Falls, South Dakota in a pool game called 9 ball getting a handicap of winning when he makes any ball after the 3. The balls after the 3 are all "wild" so if they are legally pocketed at any time by Mr. Goodman it results in a win. The stakes for this contest were $200 U.S. Dollars per game with a stipulation that they would play until one player reached 5 games ahead of the other at which point they would pay. This game started approx. 12:30 AM Central time and was still going on when I left 20 minutes ago. Shane was stuck 1 set.....sorry...Mr. Van Boening was was 1 set of 5 games behind Mr. Goodman.

We wanted to do some more Ustream stuff tonight but the room was busy with leagues and moving things around to get ready for the weekend as well as the guys were jumping back and forth all over the place so by the time we would of gotten all the trash set up to broadcast we would of had to tear it all down and move it...about 5 times. The playing area will be done today and we will have the audio and video dialed in to where it needs to be. When we go live I will post up the notice.

Scooter is the funniest creature on the face of the earth.

LMAO

Someone said to me they would runoutallover me at the pool room. I think he was being childish...he should have skipped all that fancy slang and just told me he was going to pocket every pool ball before it was my turn to use my cue stick to shoot pocket billiards.

cigardave
03-20-2008, 09:25 AM

Translation please. :rolleyes:

James
03-20-2008, 09:40 AM

Last night I offered my roommate the crackles and the crush to fizzle for a dizzle... I think he's still confused :(

iba7467
03-20-2008, 10:14 AM

Afta that shiznit, Scooter was woofin' like a 80s Master P video. Scooter played Shane Van Bizzle wit some wicked sick 4 out. Them bizalls fizallz n Scooter can be bakin some mo' bread. The cheddar was stacked for 200 Big Macs and the game wuz rollin'. They played til one got stuck up 5. This wuz poppin all night and finally fizzled at the daylight. Shane got grizzled 1 set.

We wuz gonna bcast dat shiznit, but the place was crank and fools wuz bumpin all over the place. We didn't even have room to chop up, bust out, or even roll wit it. I'll put dis sheezy out on front when we'z b runnin the bcast.

That crazy biatch, Scooter, is off the hizzle fo' shizzle.

corvette1340
03-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Afta that shiznit, Scooter was woofin' like a 80s Master P video. Scooter played Shane Van Bizzle wit some wicked sick 4 out. Them bizalls fizallz n Scooter can be bakin some mo' bread. The cheddar was stacked for 200 Big Macs and the game wuz rollin'. They played til one got stuck up 5. This wuz poppin all night and finally fizzled at the daylight. Shane got grizzled 1 set.

We wuz gonna bcast dat shiznit, but the place was crank and fools wuz bumpin all over the place. We didn't even have room to chop up, bust out, or even roll wit it. I'll put dis sheezy out on front when we'z b runnin the bcast.

lmao, we should hang out sometime.

Ktown D
03-20-2008, 10:27 AM

LOL

Mr. Goodman is the funniest creature on the face of the earth.

I took the liberty off correcting that for you.

olauzon
03-20-2008, 10:44 AM
lmao, we should hang out sometime.

laughing so hard my butt cheeks are hitting the floor. we ought to have dinner soon.

uwate
03-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Looking for more action on this match...

I'm wanting Bergy at 6.5 odds (you put up 130 to win 100 on Morra).

PM me if you want to do something....

Dead Money
03-20-2008, 11:35 AM

Thanks for providing the Poolbonics Translation of what happened. Otherwise I had no clue what the heck JCIN was posting about:D

iba7467
03-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks for providing the Poolbonics Translation of what happened. Otherwise I had no clue what the heck JCIN was posting about:D

Your welcome. Now feel free to start a thread complaining about members not using enough pool slang in their posts.

JCIN
03-21-2008, 02:17 AM
We are up on Ustream. Morra is practicing on the feature table. Big Naswty and Tanner Pruess are in the booth just kicking it SD style. We got good audio and 2 cameras.....all you insomniacs stop in and say hi.

We will kick off a Ustream Free Pre Match Show at 5 Central. We will talk to the players as well as some of the people here to sweat it.

Link to watch Live right now for free : http://www.ustream.tv/channel/theactionreports-show

JCIN
03-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Got all the gear up and running. Good audio and 2 cameras Morra is practicing and Bergman is getting ready to sit down for an interview

Snookerd
03-21-2008, 09:46 AM
tough match to call ....

CHRIM
03-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Hmmmm, who to root for ... :cool: