PDA

View Full Version : TAR: Shane vs Scooter Live on Ustream NOW!!!

JCIN
03-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Shane is giving Scooter the 4 out for $100 a game right now on Ustream.

See it here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/theactionreports-show

We will have some interviews with John and Justin as well as whatever else pops off.

sunnyday
03-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Shane is giving Scooter the 4 out for $100 a game right now on Ustream.

See it here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/theactionreports-show

We will have some interviews with John and Justin as well as whatever else pops off.

I missed out!!!:mad: What happened?

S.

huckster
03-18-2008, 07:26 PM
I like Scooter getting that much weight. Shane has to play near perfect and hope Scooter has a mental breakdown. It tough to outrun the nuts against a kid who has no fear.

cleary
03-18-2008, 07:39 PM
This may be a dumb question, but who is scooter? Ive only been paying attention for the past year or so, but ive just started hearing about this guy for the past week or so.

kobyp
03-18-2008, 08:20 PM
So, I just tuned in. What's the spot? 5&out?

Hidy Ho
03-18-2008, 08:25 PM
This may be a dumb question, but who is scooter? Ive only been paying attention for the past year or so, but ive just started hearing about this guy for the past week or so.

http://www.onepocket.org/LouisRobertsAward2008.htm

Freddy 'Scooter' Goodman

A natural entertainer, ?Scooter? always had something going, whether backing, betting, or matching up himself. He is an annual story at the Derby City, running with a team of young players including Jonathan 'Tater'Tedder. It would be tough to add up exactly how much action he was in on since he seemed to have a piece of every major and minor set that came down in the room. His efforts and antics stirring up action always drew a crowd and often had the spectators in stitches. Sometimes he would lay odds both ways, seemingly leaving himself a in no win situation, yet it all added up to action, action, action!

Hidy Ho
03-18-2008, 08:25 PM
So, I just tuned in. What's the spot? 5&out?

4 & out ..

Russ Chewning
03-18-2008, 08:31 PM
4 & out ..

Good lord....

I might even shoot a grand at Shane getting that kind of weight...

Russ

kobyp
03-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Good lord....

Russ

A grand? Is that what they're shooting for?

Anyway, I can't stay up any longer. Someone post who ends up on top, PLEASE.

9Ball_JJ
03-18-2008, 08:46 PM
I clicked the link but nothing is streaming. Am I supposed to see something or is it over??

Nine Ball
03-18-2008, 08:52 PM
How can shane win this game? I mean Scooter is no great player but he can make balls. That's just crazy to give up the 4 out wild. Shane would have to hit many packages to come out winner here or Scooter just fall on his azz. Am I wrong? Would be interesting to see Shane win though.

Nine Ball
03-18-2008, 08:57 PM
How can shane win this game? I mean Scooter is no great player but he can make balls. That's just crazy to give up the 4 out wild. Shane would have to hit many packages to come out winner here or Scooter just fall on his azz. Am I wrong? Would be interesting to see Shane win though.

Nevermind.. Scooter is missing straight in 4 balls to win the game..

Nine Ball
03-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Good lord....

Russ

Yeah.. You, Me, and everyone else who can run 4 balls in a row. :p :p

ElKabong
03-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Scooter can't beat half the short stops in my room (he plays there...i know).
How do you turn down that weight though! wow!

The only thing that puzzles me is how someone has broken the mouthy little pr*cks neck by now :D . He is entertaining though!

henho
03-18-2008, 09:41 PM
I remember watching scooter play in the viking tour in cleveland against Parica. I thought he was a clown. Looks the same here.

av84fun
03-18-2008, 10:45 PM
I like Scooter getting that much weight. Shane has to play near perfect and hope Scooter has a mental breakdown. It tough to outrun the nuts against a kid who has no fear.

Nah...Shane should drill him. I haven't seen Shane play so off in a long time. Must be tired.

av84fun
03-18-2008, 10:46 PM
I remember watching scooter play in the viking tour in cleveland against Parica. I thought he was a clown. Looks the same here.

He's a banger who loves to gamble.

av84fun
03-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah.. You, Me, and everyone else who can run 4 balls in a row. :p :p

Winner breaks guys. Scooter breaks like a girl...not as well as some. Shane is playing like he doesn't care...and probably doesn't.

(-:
Jim

Russ Chewning
03-18-2008, 11:16 PM
A grand? Is that what they're shooting for?

Anyway, I can't stay up any longer. Someone post who ends up on top, PLEASE.

Nah, it's for $100 a game.

I am saying I would shoot an ENTIRE GRAND at him before I quit that game. :D :D :D

Russ

Nine Ball
03-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Scooter can't beat half the short stops in my room (he plays there...i know).
How do you turn down that weight though! wow!

The only thing that puzzles me is how someone has broken the mouthy little pr*cks neck by now :D . He is entertaining though!

If our definition of a short stop is the same "just below pro" then he can't beat any short stop I know of. or that's what I have got from him the few times I have seen him play in person. and yes I had those thoughts too. It's a circus when he does any gambling.

Nine Ball
03-19-2008, 12:51 AM

I was just thinking he sure does get around a lot doesn't he? He must be making scores some place to keep on movin around.

memikey
03-19-2008, 03:37 AM

I am saying I would shoot an ENTIRE GRAND at him before I quit that game. :D :D :D

Russ

Well........sure enough.....if you ever get in position where any opponent on the planet is ten ahead giving you the 4 out it's probably wise to mark the match down as a bad proposition, quit right there and and visit an optician:)

kobyp
03-19-2008, 04:05 AM

Russ

Sorry for all the stupid questions last night. I wasn't paying any attention, guess I should have just read the first post.

Thanks for answering politely though.

Fatboy
03-19-2008, 05:09 AM
tell shane i'll play him like that,,,,,,infact i'm jus gonna call him

ElKabong
03-19-2008, 05:31 AM
Let me rephrase that, he can't beat the short-stop's - short stops (thats about my speed). lol!
Seriously, we have a King of the Hill tourn. that has 1 or 2 guys you might have heard of, rest locals. He is middle of the pack out of 25 or so in the Calcutta.

If our definition of a short stop is the same "just below pro" then he can't beat any short stop I know of. or that's what I have got from him the few times I have seen him play in person. and yes I had those thoughts too. It's a circus when he does any gambling.

predator
03-19-2008, 05:33 AM
A world class player against a complete hack. 4 and out? What a mockery of pool game.

iba7467
03-19-2008, 05:48 AM
A world class player against a complete hack. 4 and out? What a mockery of pool game.

Scooter is no champion, but I'd bet there aren't twenty non-pros on this board who can beat him (I won't knock the ones I think can). Scooter actually beat me with the four out and the break.

Shane also beat Tedder giving him the break and the six out.

How did this come out?

IA8baller
03-19-2008, 06:13 AM

That was exactly my take on it too. I watched it for about 5 or 6 games before it went off air.

IA8baller
03-19-2008, 06:20 AM
Scooter is no champion, but I'd bet there aren't twenty non-pros on this board who can beat him (I won't knock the ones I think can). Scooter actually beat me with the four out and the break.

Maybe not 20, but 18 or 19 for sure. Including myself. :)

JayBates
03-19-2008, 06:25 AM
what did they end up at?

cleary
03-19-2008, 07:11 AM
From what I watched last night, I find this so hard to believe. Everything Scooter did was so sloppy and careless. He made little effort at kick or jump shots and if he was faced with a hard shot, he just slammed the balls and hoped something fell. He missed tons of easy shots that cost him the game.

But regardless on the player, this is a crazy spot. Scooter didn't look like an A speed player, but he could certainly run some balls in between yelling a lot and swinging his cue like a baseball bat.

easy-e
03-19-2008, 07:13 AM

I'd play him some on two conditions, he isn't allowed to talk and he has to sit down during my turn. This game will never happen.

IA8baller
03-19-2008, 07:21 AM
I'd play him some on two conditions, he isn't allowed to talk and he has to sit down during my turn. This game will never happen.

I was thinking along those same lines. I imagine scooter beats some players that are usually better than him simply due to his way of distracting/sharking the opponent, whether intentional or not. I know I'd have a hard time dealing with his antics.

PIRANHA
03-19-2008, 08:18 AM
I was thinking along those same lines. I imagine scooter beats some players that are usually better than him simply due to his way of distracting/sharking the opponent, whether intentional or not. I know I'd have a hard time dealing with his antics.
I was there and Shane won the first set $500.00
Scooter won the 2 nd. set $500.00
When I left about 10:30 ,Shane was up two games??

av84fun
03-19-2008, 08:48 AM
I was there and Shane won the first set $500.00
Scooter won the 2 nd. set $500.00
When I left about 10:30 ,Shane was up two games??

And Shane was playing WAY off his game. No disrespect to Scooter but if he would take some lessons and work on his game instead of working on his gambling he might get up to an APA 9.

He played like a banger last night.

Regards,
Jim

kobyp
03-19-2008, 09:02 AM
And Shane was playing WAY off his game. No disrespect to Scooter but if he would take some lessons and work on his game instead of working on his gambling he might get up to an APA 9.

He played like a banger last night.

Regards,
Jim

I had never seen him before. He definitely came of as a banger IMO just by watching him last night.

Wish I could have heard the conversations going on, and it looked to me like Shane was grinning every time he ran out on Scooter...as if scooter was pissing and moaning the whole time. But the vid was a bit grainy on my end so I couldn't tell for sure.

turbo billards
03-19-2008, 09:14 AM
shane wins 2gs.....scooter yelled some more...tells shane corey would stick it in him if they played 9 ball rack for eachother....shane says CALL HIM!! HAHAHA.....it was a good time.....and nobody is beating shane on table 9 at shooters....but getting all that wieght its hard not to bet on scooter

kobyp
03-19-2008, 10:10 AM
^ That's good stuff.

johnnydub
03-19-2008, 10:15 AM
I watched it for about an hour last night, the only part of the match i liked was when shane got the nine off the break, scooter racked them up again without the nine in the rack and let shane break them.

and ya it looked like the scooter guy didnt care at all he was just swinging at balls

Mike B.
03-19-2008, 10:22 AM
shane wins 2gs.....scooter yelled some more...tells shane corey would stick it in him if they played 9 ball rack for eachother....shane says CALL HIM!! HAHAHA.....it was a good time.....and nobody is beating shane on table 9 at shooters....but getting all that wieght its hard not to bet on scooter

Is this at Shooters in Olathe? Which table is table 9? I have been to Shooters a number of times, but I hear they added some Diamond tables recently?

av84fun
03-19-2008, 10:24 AM

Not with the "magic" of the winner breaks format playing against a champion.

1. The champ will make a ball on the break 3 times more often.

2. When making a ball on the break, the champ is ALWAYS the favorite...even if he has to push. (when the banger has to push he will lose the rack at least 70% of the time.

3. The banger will string 5-6 in a row (not necessarily B&R) maybe once every 50 racks even with the 4 ball. The champ will do so twice as often.

4. If the champ makes the weight on his break, the banger has no weight.

5. If the banger's weight ball is tied up after his break...he has no weight.

Do the math!! (-:

Roadies get mad at me whenever I bring this up but winner breaks is just an old hustle move that swings the odds of winning heavily in favor of the better player.

(-:
Jim

watchez
03-19-2008, 10:43 AM
4. If the champ makes the weight on his break, the banger has no weight.

5. If the banger's weight ball is tied up after his break...he has no weight.

Do the math!! (-:

(-:
Jim
I believe the spot was the 4 out. Kinda hard to make that on the break.

watchez
03-19-2008, 10:45 AM
What I am confused about is last night JCIN said the game was $100 game, nothing frozen up - then $200 a game, nothing frozen up. Today JCIN reports that Shane won $500 and they were playing sets, 5 ahead. Now this other guy 'who was there' reports Shane won $2Gs?

mouse
03-19-2008, 11:10 AM
I think he meant 2 games.

turbo billards
03-19-2008, 11:31 AM
it look as scooter pulled out more than 5h both times i thought............but maybe i read the money wrong....just thought that was what it was.....wasnt trying to miss inform

av84fun
03-19-2008, 11:55 AM

That was a GENERAL comment about winner breaks and OBVIOUSLY wasn't specific to the shane/scooter match.

I didn't think that qualifying the OBVIOUS was necessary...but of course, in your case, it often is.

(-:

But hey...you got your "Swipe AV8" in...so I hope you feel better now.

LOL
Jim

watchez
03-19-2008, 12:02 PM
TAR: Shane vs Scooter Live on Ustream NOW!!! <----TOPIC

TheBook
03-19-2008, 12:12 PM
I had never seen him before. He definitely came of as a banger IMO just by watching him last night.

Wish I could have heard the conversations going on, and it looked to me like Shane was grinning every time he ran out on Scooter...as if scooter was pissing and moaning the whole time. But the vid was a bit grainy on my end so I couldn't tell for sure.

Does Shane actually hear him talking? I understand that he is deaf. If so he should turn off his hearing aid.

kobyp
03-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I didn't know he was deaf....

My bad.

bignasty
03-19-2008, 02:37 PM
shane ended up 1k i ended up 500 it was 300 a game pay after 5! the fiorst 2 sets were 250 a game pay after 5! they split the first 2 sets! shane won the next set and scooter started woofing about cory sticking it in shanes azz! shane just said call him! here use my phone! tell him to stop at every atm on the way here! then scooter beat the sleeve out of 1k and he wasnt playing like a banger in those 2 sets!:D

Hidy Ho
03-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Does Shane actually hear him talking? I understand that he is deaf. If so he should turn off his hearing aid.

Those of us that wear hearing aids are not deaf .. otherwise, we wouldn't need the hearing aid :) We are just hearing "impaired" or "challenged".

But we do have benefit of simply going on "mute". I wear in-the-canal hearing aids that's mostly not visible. Sometimes, I leave the hearing aids in the ears and simply unplug the battery to have custom fitted earplugs.

av84fun
03-19-2008, 03:08 PM
TAR: Shane vs Scooter Live on Ustream NOW!!! <----TOPIC

My SBE Trip Report <---------- THREAD TOPIC.

Watchez post...

"Nice post

---have you ever been to the airport in Detroit? I can't see how Philly can be worse, although Detroit is remodeling theirs."

And the Detroit Airport has WHAT...exactly...to do with a trip to SBE???

ROFLMAO!!
(-:

Craig
03-19-2008, 03:18 PM

negotiate the 4-ball to be rack in second position behind the front ball on either side and it will go. usually the way balls are racked when weight is given.

Thecoats
03-19-2008, 03:39 PM
negotiate the 4-ball to be rack in second position behind the front ball on either side and it will go. usually the way balls are racked when weight is given.

I don't think he (Scooter) was getting any extra wild balls just if he made any ball after the three he would win the game. Basically I think he was getting the last six not the wild 4 through 8.

-don

av84fun
03-19-2008, 03:47 PM

I'm not sure I follow your comment. The 1 ball and wing ball are the two most frequently pocketed on the break. The balls behind the one are the least frequently pocketed...except the 9 ball.

Assuming the opponent racks the balls, the weight ball would never be placed in the wing position because that would be a significant advantage to the breaker getting the weight.

Similarly, the person getting the weight who is racking for the opponent doesn't want the opponent to pocket the weight on the break so he would never place the weight ball at the wing position.

Placing the weight ball(s) behind the 1 ball is therefore done without negotiations and are placed there because as noted above, those balls are among the least frequently pocketed on the break...except the 9 Ball.

Regards,
Jim

johnnydub
03-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I agree, whenever ive ever played in any game with weight given the weight ball is always racked behind the 1 ball, as it has the least chance to go in from there.

av84fun
03-19-2008, 05:04 PM
I don't think he (Scooter) was getting any extra wild balls just if he made any ball after the three he would win the game. Basically I think he was getting the last six not the wild 4 through 8.

-don

Right.......

corvette1340
03-19-2008, 05:42 PM
shane ended up 1k i ended up 500 it was 300 a game pay after 5! the fiorst 2 sets were 250 a game pay after 5! they split the first 2 sets! shane won the next set and scooter started woofing about cory sticking it in shanes azz! shane just said call him! here use my phone! tell him to stop at every atm on the way here! then scooter beat the sleeve out of 1k and he wasnt playing like a banger in those 2 sets!:D

I like Shane a lot and think he's the best player out there right now, but Corey doesn't need to stop by every ATM if they are going to play rack your own 9 ball. All he needs to do is stop by my house. You guys might need to stop by the ATM. Woof. :D

Thecoats
03-19-2008, 05:54 PM
I agree, whenever ive ever played in any game with weight given the weight ball is always racked behind the 1 ball, as it has the least chance to go in from there.

Not necessarily if the breaker gets the speed right you can make that ball behind the one ball cross side often. The other place is at the bottom, but that one will sometimes go one rail back in one of the upper corner pockets. Racking the ball in one of the back two places before the bottom ball is often the best place to rack to prevent the ball from going.

-don

Russ Chewning
03-19-2008, 05:58 PM
I like Shane a lot and think he's the best player out there right now, but Corey doesn't need to stop by every ATM if they are going to play rack your own 9 ball. All he needs to do is stop by my house. You guys might need to stop by the ATM. Woof. :D

I watched the TAR match race to 100 in 10 ball, and to me, it seemed that Shane had a more consistent break, in power, exact point he was intending to strike the 1, and CB positioning.

I think that assuming Corey is anything better than 50/50 against Shane in 9 ball is not taking the relative skillsets into account. From what I saw, Shane was very close to being as creative as Corey. He CERTAINLY was getting out more often "when he was supposed to", and was making more balls than Corey.

Do you seriously think Shane hasn't racked for himself thousands of times to get his own "rack you own" dynamics down?

Don't get me wrong, I personally thought that Corey's outs looked a lot "easier" in the 10-ball matchup, but let's be honest here. In that match, Shane had a lot stronger mental game.

Shane is capable of bringing his best for a good, long time, and especially when he needs it. Corey seems to be easily distracted. I don't know whether it is because of interests in his life outside of pool, but it looks like Corey doesn't come to the table at the beginning of a match as hungry and confident as Shane.

Against someone of Shane's caliber, you need to bring your A-game from the very first ball. Another thing to look at: Shane doubled Corey's score in the TAR match early on, and then Corey got a chance. Corey won like 7-8 games in a row. What did Shane do? Got up there and shot Corey's nuts off, AFTER Corey won like 7-8 games in a row.

Even against someone as horribly strong as Corey, Shane was giving no chances for 7-10 games at a time. He'd let a ball leak out on an end-to-end safety, Corey would run 2 racks, play a mediocre safet, and Shane would kick into a dead-nuts saefty, then lock Corey down for another5-8 racks, using packages and lockdown safeties.

I dunno. I think it would be a good match, but after the beatdown Shane gave him when Corey looked to be playing fairly well, I don't really think Corey wants any part of Shane in 9 or 10 ball. I mean, CRAP, Shane's liable to make 2-3 balls every time, with perfect position on the 1 70% of the time playing rack your own 9 ball.

Russ

Russ

Cookie
03-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I watched the TAR match race to 100 in 10 ball, and to me, it seemed that Shane had a more consistent break, in power, exact point he was intending to strike the 1, and CB positioning.

I think that assuming Corey is anything better than 50/50 against Shane in 9 ball is not taking the relative skillsets into account. From what I saw, Shane was very close to being as creative as Corey. He CERTAINLY was getting out more often "when he was supposed to", and was making more balls than Corey.

Do you seriously think Shane hasn't racked for himself thousands of times to get his own "rack you own" dynamics down?

Don't get me wrong, I personally thought that Corey's outs looked a lot "easier" in the 10-ball matchup, but let's be honest here. In that match, Shane had a lot stronger mental game.

Shane is capable of bringing his best for a good, long time, and especially when he needs it. Corey seems to be easily distracted. I don't know whether it is because of interests in his life outside of pool, but it looks like Corey doesn't come to the table at the beginning of a match as hungry and confident as Shane.

Against someone of Shane's caliber, you need to bring your A-game from the very first ball. Another thing to look at: Shane doubled Corey's score in the TAR match early on, and then Corey got a chance. Corey won like 7-8 games in a row. What did Shane do? Got up there and shot Corey's nuts off, AFTER Corey won like 7-8 games in a row.

Even against someone as horribly strong as Corey, Shane was giving no chances for 7-10 games at a time. He'd let a ball leak out on an end-to-end safety, Corey would run 2 racks, play a mediocre safet, and Shane would kick into a dead-nuts saefty, then lock Corey down for another5-8 racks, using packages and lockdown safeties.

I dunno. I think it would be a good match, but after the beatdown Shane gave him when Corey looked to be playing fairly well, I don't really think Corey wants any part of Shane in 9 or 10 ball. I mean, CRAP, Shane's liable to make 2-3 balls every time, with perfect position on the 1 70% of the time playing rack your own 9 ball.

Russ

Russ

WELL DONE..........

Craig
03-19-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure I follow your comment. The 1 ball and wing ball are the two most frequently pocketed on the break. The balls behind the one are the least frequently pocketed...except the 9 ball.

Assuming the opponent racks the balls, the weight ball would never be placed in the wing position because that would be a significant advantage to the breaker getting the weight.

Similarly, the person getting the weight who is racking for the opponent doesn't want the opponent to pocket the weight on the break so he would never place the weight ball at the wing position.

Placing the weight ball(s) behind the 1 ball is therefore done without negotiations and are placed there because as noted above, those balls are among the least frequently pocketed on the break...except the 9 Ball.

Regards,
Jim

Rack the Live ball behind the ONE ball in second position on either side behind the one ball break from the opposite side the LIVE ball is racked on and the ball goes cross side, Im not saying the percentage is real high but get the right break speed down and the ball goes.

av84fun
03-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Rack the Live ball behind the ONE ball in second position on either side behind the one ball break from the opposite side the LIVE ball is racked on and the ball goes cross side, Im not saying the percentage is real high but get the right break speed down and the ball goes.

Craig, anything is possible. Yes, the ball behind the one on the opposite side of the break shot does go toward the 2nd diamond and can possibly go cross-side.

But in Upscale Nine Ball, Jack Koehler states that the shot goes "rarely."
(page 70)

Far better, IMHO to focus on getting the one or wing ball to go so that you stay at the table rather than trying to focus on a very low probability shot.

But as I stated, most matches involve the opponents racking for each other. In that case, the breaker doesn't control where the balls are racked.

Having said that, if my opponent racks my weight ball opposite of where I normally break (from the right) I'll break from the left because, as you stated, the shot CAN go.

Regards,
Jim

catpool9
03-19-2008, 09:41 PM

Use inside english......!:)......it does work!

David Harcrow

corvette1340
03-20-2008, 04:38 AM

Russ

Russ

Racking your own 9 ball is entirely different that 10 ball. Corey can soft break and then dot, dot, dot. The last time these two played this way, Corey gave him the 8 and torched him even though Shane was beating everyone else on the same table. Granted, that was over a year ago, but everyone sure is willing to just throw out the fact that Corey has been one of the best money players and player in general for a long time. I know Corey and he is a great competitor and has a lot of heart. He seems a bit aloof at times and probably doesn't concentrate on pool as much as he needs to <---massive understatement, but he's still got more talent than anyone out there. If this ever goes off then I will give you a courtesy bet Russ out of the goodness of my heart.

DGunter
03-20-2008, 07:11 AM
Racking your own 9 ball is entirely different that 10 ball. Corey can soft break and then dot, dot, dot. The last time these two played this way, Corey gave him the 8 and torched him even though Shane was beating everyone else on the same table.I learned a very important lesson that night. Never bet against Corey when he racks his own balls. :(