PDA

View Full Version : Calgary: Rooms and weekly tournaments?

eastcoast_chris
03-19-2008, 07:53 AM
Hi,

I'm in Calgary for this week and next for work.

What are some good rooms that have weekly tournaments that anyone can play in?

From my search on the net, Stix Billiards and The Hideout seem to be the best bets.

Any information would be great.

Anything else pool related going on this weekend in Calgary?

Thanks, Chris

supergreenman
03-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi,

I'm in Calgary for this week and next for work.

What are some good rooms that have weekly tournaments that anyone can play in?

From my search on the net, Stix Billiards and The Hideout seem to be the best bets.

Any information would be great.

Anything else pool related going on this weekend in Calgary?

Thanks, Chris

jimmi-leggs should be able to help you with this.

SGM

jimmy-leggs
03-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Hey Chris, welcome to calgary.Stix is a great pool hall-bar,just renovated.Not really any tounies going on there though.If your not doing anything thursday night go to the ranchmans.Ladies night.But they also have a real fun tournament,alot of great players and alot of s**t players.It only cost $5.00 but you get a free beer with that.:confused: :D Its really just a fun tourny but good pool,busiest bar in calgary on a thursday and its ladies night.Lots of scenery.:DThis tourny does not start til about 9 or 10 p.m. and being good friday is this friday it will be packed.
The best tournament takes place at the hide-out on saturday.Great competition,alot A players and masters.Edwin Montal is ussually there.The cream of the crop are ussually there on saturday.Its $25 entry and starts around 2-3 p.m. I think.You might want to phone to check.
Good luck
I would shoot with ya but its easter long weekend and going up to edmonton for family gathering.

Jason Robichaud
03-19-2008, 11:41 AM
No good places to play. Hideout tables suck. I don't like coin-op! Chalks has a thursday 8-ball and Sunday 9-ball. Tables are horrible good diamond roll from end to end. I have been told by the owner that walkins don't care about the roll.

There isn't one nice room in Calgary. Lots of great players here though.