PDA

View Full Version : Kaiser Pool Cues...

plshrk22
03-19-2008, 08:02 AM
A friend from pool league asked me to find him a cue in the $100-$120 range. I read on here a little bit and posted some threads and ended up ordering one of their K501's which is the line with the real points and with 2 Shafts. I didnt have high expectations at all for the cue..... To my surprise the craftsman ship was good and the hit was even better for $100 Cue. I was pleasently surprised. I thought maybe it could be my lack of shooting with Custom Cues but this cue felt pretty damn solid for an entry level cue. I know it has the conical taper which is going to make it feel stiffer also. I just wanted to get some other views about them just incase I am crazy.

Thanks!

Alex

StevenPWaldon
03-19-2008, 08:38 AM
I think they're easily one of the best entry-level cues. The materials are decent, workmanship is good, and they play just fine. For a $100 cue it's real tough to beat.

Hail Mary Shot
03-19-2008, 08:52 AM
definitely one of the best starter level cues. you'd be surprised that some people beyond entry level, use those cues either for breaking or playing. you may also try using it with a shaft with a different taper. who knows, you might like it even better.

plshrk22
03-19-2008, 08:54 AM
I was really amazed at the quality. My buddy that plays with a Benson is a stuck up Benson cue guy and never gives out compliments and he was also surprised.

Runnin8
03-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Kaiser is kinda hit or miss. I have a Kaiser JB with a wood pin and it breaks better than any cue I've tried- including Gulyassy and Fury JBs.

Also picked up a Kaiser KM101 with a 3/8-11 pin for a bar beater and it truly surprised me. Bought a second one for a friend and it was awful- joint diameters didn't come close to matching and it was so forward weighted that I felt like I was shooting downhill. It might have been a quality escape, but given the price you have to expect that.

Glad you found a good one.

plshrk22
03-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeh it hit real nice

iapoolguy
03-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Does anyone have a direct line to this company ...or... do we have to use a wholesale suppier

plshrk22
03-19-2008, 11:18 AM
I PMed you iapoolguy

PROG8R
03-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Does anyone have a direct line to this company ...or... do we have to use a wholesale suppier

Here try this guy. I bought one from him for a great price and had it delivered in less than 2 days.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/member.php?u=8070

StevenPWaldon
03-19-2008, 12:07 PM
They distribute through J&J

gregoryg
03-19-2008, 04:08 PM
I bought one a while back and thought the hit was terrible. Cut off the original ferrules and found out why. Ferrules were barely stuck on to the ends of the shafts. Installed two high quality ferrules and now have a great playing, solid hitting cue for just a few dollars.