PDA

View Full Version : Hennessy And Scotty T.

thecalhounflash
03-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Just Curious To See What People Think.....they Are Matching Up Here Next Week For 5000 I Belive That Scotty Has The Best And Will Get The Cash....they Are Supposed To Play In Monroe, La They Are Supposed To Be Playing Early Friday Before The Tournament

iba7467
03-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Just Curious To See What People Think.....they Are Matching Up Here Next Week For 5000 I Belive That Scotty Has The Best And Will Get The Cash....they Are Supposed To Play In Monroe, La They Are Supposed To Be Playing Early Friday Before The Tournament

IT IS gambling. I have watched this same game twice. I won't reveal who won each time, but niether is running away with the money without earning it... unless Henn has a break down/blow up. LMFAOAtMyself.

crawfish
03-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Flip a coin, you'll save time.

ribdoner
03-19-2008, 10:57 AM
IT IS gambling. I have watched this same game twice. I won't reveal who won each time, but niether is running away with the money without earning it... unless Henn has a break down/blow up. LMFAOAtMyself.

SCOTTY don't play dat, he'll do 17 reps of mo-fo on his melon lickidyslplit...

big tble I like Hennee by a smidge and a teench more on the cat box

iba7467
03-19-2008, 12:13 PM
SCOTTY don't play dat, he'll do 17 reps of mo-fo on his melon lickidyslplit...

big tble I like Hennee by a smidge and a teench more on the cat box

I meant on himself, not sharking. I have watched Henn get blasted 9-0 by a guy he should slaughter because the guy got the first 3 games and Henn fell apart. This was the first time I met Hennessee. I was talking to a buddy about his horrible play and he just so happened to be right behind me. He anounced, "I'll play the guy nine ahead for $10,000 right now."

Gerry
03-19-2008, 12:53 PM
not to sound stupid, but what are they playing, and is there any weight?

1P....Scotty by a bunch

anything on a small table....Scotty again

big table rotation games......tough call.

hemicudas
03-19-2008, 01:13 PM

Who ever Charlie O. likes, I like.

Ktown D
03-19-2008, 02:54 PM
I'd put my money on Jon right now. Scotty is a hell of a player but Jon has been in punch for a couple of months and I like him here.

JMO...FWIW...JKLMNOP

cajunbarboxplyr
03-19-2008, 03:36 PM
I aughta take the the ride up there... only like 2 2.5 hour drive.....not even....

Nine Ball
03-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Here's a little info for all you side betters..

We all know Scottys game is not as consistent as it once was.. That doesn't mean he can't come in and play like he used to.

It comes in spurts on any given day.

He's had a long road of pool playing and a tough life. You could beat this man 100 sets in a row and he will try just as hard in the end as he did in the start.

Scotty has no give up what so ever..... and for that matter alone I like Scotty in this match.. If It's a grinder match you can guess who's gonna give up first..

So calculate the odds and make your bet accordingly..

If Scotty comes in on one of those spurts it's Scotty on top at the end..
If Henn falls into his blow up session it's Scotty at the end..
If Scotty plays bad it's Henn in the end.

If none of the above happens it's close to a coin flip and I'll bet on Scotty with a flip up match..

If it's bar table I'll bet on Scotty all day and half of the night...

I got nothing at all against Henn but snap em off Scotty..

Thanks,
Josh Hillard

Nine Ball
03-19-2008, 03:57 PM

I've seen this match twice also.. Once on buckets and once on tight tables.. Since neither is an unknown player I'll say what happened..

Scotty won both times and the second time on the buckets Henn fell apart because no matter how many ahead he got Scotty never gave up.

Nine Ball
03-19-2008, 04:07 PM
I've seen this match twice also.. Once on buckets and once on tight tables.. Since neither is an unknown player I'll say what happened..

Scotty won both times and the second time on the buckets Henn fell apart because no matter how many ahead he got Scotty never gave up.

and to be honest my opinion of this match from the first time I ever saw them play was Henn had the best of it. It would almost seem that way.. After watching them play I now feel if Henn doesn't take control at the start and take it off before the 2 hour mark I would have to bet on Scotty..

Ktown D
03-19-2008, 04:30 PM
I'll bet a hundred or two that says Henn takes the cash.

Any takers let me know.

BTW-----They are gonna play on a box.

Ktown D
03-19-2008, 07:03 PM
It's hard to bet against John on a bar table. Too bad this won't be online for viewing, or I might get in on the action
Even though it isn't online I can get updates anytime. If you get a bet down I will keep you updated when this goes down.

ironman
03-19-2008, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=BPG24]I would appreciate the updates, but wouldn't bet unless I could see it live.

I have seen Scotty in action and his game is amazing but John has been playing ALOT lately and I think that could play a factor in this match.

Big Table i might like Scotty to win. But like many have said, this IS gambling[/QUOTE

I'll be there as well. I'm told Gary Abood will be in action with someone at the same time.

catpool9
03-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Well guy's, I'll let you in on a little "Big Secret" , Monroe,La...... is Scotty's home town, he grew up their,,,,duh!.... so if you don't think that it's not like John Hennesse giving him the fricking "eight ball" your crazy!:eek:

David Harcrow

Nine Ball
03-19-2008, 10:05 PM

Any takers let me know.

Say bye bye to your money... :p :p :p The box is Scottys best game now..

Nine Ball
03-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Even though it isn't online I can get updates anytime. If you get a bet down I will keep you updated when this goes down.

You and Henn are buddies right? Are you in with him on this set?

easy-e
03-20-2008, 03:05 AM

You seem pretty certain about that Josh. I guess it would take a bar table "all-around champion" to beat him...........but Jon will NEVER win that:rolleyes:

ironman
03-20-2008, 05:16 AM
You seem pretty certain about that Josh. I guess it would take a bar table "all-around champion" to beat him...........but Jon will NEVER win that:rolleyes:

Never say never on a bar box. I've seen good players beaten by people who could barely play on the things.

easy-e
03-20-2008, 05:24 AM
Sorry, that was a joke that I made. Jon just won the bar table championship "all-around" title last month in Reno. This could go either way IMO.

thecalhounflash
03-20-2008, 06:30 AM
They Are Playing On Diamond Bar Tables And The Bet Is 2500 A Set...and Yes There Will Be Alot Of Players There.....west Monroe Is Scottys Home Town So You Can Probably Get As Much Rail Action And You Can Bring.....

thecalhounflash
03-21-2008, 06:19 AM
the answer to the question is scotty will win

!Smorgass Bored
03-21-2008, 06:54 AM
TheCalhounflash wrote:

"Hennessy And Scotty T."

Speak English, what are you trying to say ? I'm cornfused.
I don't like all this pool jargon or lingo, nossir, I don't like it one little bit.
What are you implying ?
How well do you know these players ? Are they friends of yours ? Relatives ?

Doug

thecalhounflash
03-21-2008, 07:28 AM
well is this better they are going to play! so nit
stay home

9ballrun
03-21-2008, 07:57 AM
when is this going down?

thecalhounflash
03-21-2008, 09:27 AM
next friday on the 28 in west monroe at a place called the arena

catpool9
03-21-2008, 01:29 PM
next friday on the 28 in west monroe at a place called the arena

Is that "Good Time Charlies" place by chance?

David Harcrow

yobagua
03-21-2008, 03:42 PM
How is Gary A doing? I'd like to see him match up with Hennessee on the big table. Who is he matched up with?

hemicudas
03-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Is that "Good Time Charlies" place by chance?

David Harcrow

That's not the place Charlie runs, Dave but he will, I'm sure, be there.

Ktown D
03-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Take some of it then hotshot........bet your boy.:cool:

I got enough to go around, dip in the fountain a little.

cajunbarboxplyr
03-21-2008, 04:23 PM
I played agaisnt Good Time CHarlie once in a local tourney here once........it was a 8 ball tourney 2 of 3.... I had only been playing maybe for a year or so.....needless to say I was on my nerves and managed to go to the rubber match with him...........I somehow got on the 8 ball straight in at the headstrings corner pocket........ Jitterin so much I missed it by a diamond and a half!!!!!!!!!!! He ran the rest of his balls and that was that......... But one heck of a guy!!!!!!!!!! And a good bar box player on top of that!!!!!!

Nine Ball
03-25-2008, 01:05 AM

Bye Bye Money.. Bye Bye.... :D

Feel free to inform us of how it all went down when it's over and your money is gone.. :D :D :D

ccshrimper
03-25-2008, 07:34 AM
I sure would like to see Scotty play again. I grew up near Monroe and it was never boring when he played.

uwate
03-25-2008, 08:02 AM
I like Henny in this. Anyone who likes Scotty's end of this PM me.

Nineball if you like Scotty, lets do a sweat bet on it.

iba7467
03-25-2008, 08:23 AM

Feel free to inform us of how it all went down when it's over and your money is gone.. :D :D :D

That's alot of chatter for someone who's not taking his bet.

Ktown D
03-25-2008, 08:40 AM
If Jon were giving up the 7 he would bet.:rolleyes:

Nine Ball = Nut Hunter.:D

s'portplayer
03-25-2008, 08:50 AM

Gary is good, he's hanging around the Shreveport/Bossier City area. Run across him once or twice a week.

Nine Ball
03-25-2008, 01:24 PM

Consider it me doing the other guy a favor by not taking his money. :p

We all have our opinions of this match.. My opinion is I like Scotty to win for many reasons..

One, I have seen Henn & Scotty play twice and Scotty won both times..
Once in Mobile on the Diamonds and once here in FL on buckets.

Henn was playing good then as he just beat Tony Watson gambling a few hours before they played.

Two, I have never ever seen Scotty give up, Never ever.. The guy could play for 20 hours straight and try just as hard as he did at the start..

I'm not saying Henn can't win.. I'm simply saying I do not believe he will win.. For many reasons which I have witnessed from watching this match and from watching Henn play..

We will just see what happens and at the end I will either say I told you so or you can dog cuss me..

(oops, went to click quote and clicked edit.. I did not change a thing..)

Nine Ball
03-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Henn is a good player, I never said he wasn't..

yobagua
03-25-2008, 05:05 PM
KTown can you give me the details. What is the race to? Ill give you a small sweat bet. The same kind we made at the Derby. I just think it would be a fun thing to do. I dont know Scotty but seen him on TAR's PPV and like his game. Besides I got to stick up for us older guys!

HollyWood
03-25-2008, 08:03 PM
I watched Scotty T. play Waren Kiamco on the bar table 6 ahead for 1'000. It went a while but it was all Scott T. It was at the 54,000 dollar shootout in olathe last summer- Ronnie Alcono was there with Jose P. Bar table action Scott T.all the way- Mark

Nine Ball
03-25-2008, 08:06 PM
I talked to my buddy RG today who had just talked with Scotty.. He said Scotty is feeling very confident on winning this match..

Nine Ball
03-25-2008, 08:11 PM
I watched Scotty T. play Waren Kiamco on the bar table 6 ahead for 1'000. It went a while but it was all Scott T. It was at the 54,000 dollar shootout in olathe last summer- Ronnie Alcono was there with Jose P. Bar table action Scott T.all the way- Mark

Your very right about your comment on Scotty will not put up with any bull on the side..

I've already witnessed a mouth off to Scotty from someone, who I will not name, and Scotty replied with I'll take all 3 of you outside and whip your a$$...

It got real quiet after that.. Scotty doesn't put up with any bull.. and he doesn't give any either.. One of the only players I can completely say will never try to f**k you over with bad racks or sharking to win.

For that he has a lot of respect from me..

iba7467
03-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Your very right about your comment on Scotty will not put up with any bull on the side..

I've already witnessed a mouth off to Scotty from someone, who I will not name, and Scotty replied with I'll take all 3 of you outside and whip your a$$...

It got real quiet after that.. Scotty doesn't put up with any bull.. and he doesn't give any either.. One of the only players I can completely say will never try to f**k you over with bad racks or sharking to win.

For that he has a lot of respect from me..

Scotty is a great guy. He was just messing around and trying to get someone to take action on this proposition bet he has. After no one would bite, he said screw it... I'll show you guys how to do it. Then he couldn't get it to work (sounds like a set-up I know, but you should have seen the look on his face). He was hilarious, he told us all why he couldn't get it to work and couldn't find a different drink glass to actually do it.

Juice
03-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Anyone know of any hotels by the pool room in Monroe ,LA?

Snapshot9
03-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Anyone know of any hotels by the pool room in Monroe ,LA?

go to google.com, type in 'motels in Monroe, La', press enter, click on maps on top left, then when map with flags appear, click on individual flags.

thecalhounflash
03-26-2008, 11:28 AM
look for hotels in west monroe they are all about 2-5 minutes away

JoeyA
03-27-2008, 04:23 PM

Any takers let me know.

Are you interested in giving odds on the money?
JoeyA

ironman
03-27-2008, 06:06 PM
JoeyA

LMAO!!!!!!!!

JJLING
03-27-2008, 06:53 PM
JoeyA

BE CAREFULL JOEY DONT GET OUT OF LINE LMAO HOW CAN U ASK FOR MONEY ODDS ON A GAME LIKE THIS ON THE BARTABLE ESPECIALLY WITH HENNESSEE PLAYING OBVIOUSLY VERY WELL AFTER HIS RENO PERFORMANCE THAT IS ALMOST AN INUSLT

ribdoner
03-27-2008, 06:57 PM
JoeyA

Last I heard ACTIONHOUND was layin 7 to 5...;)

JoeyA
03-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Last I heard ACTIONHOUND was layin 7 to 5...;)

What's his number?
JoeyA

JoeyA
03-27-2008, 08:20 PM
BE CAREFULL JOEY DONT GET OUT OF LINE LMAO HOW CAN U ASK FOR MONEY ODDS ON A GAME LIKE THIS ON THE BARTABLE ESPECIALLY WITH HENNESSEE PLAYING OBVIOUSLY VERY WELL AFTER HIS RENO PERFORMANCE THAT IS ALMOST AN INUSLT

There's no insult. Not one person has even been willing to take a sweat bet for mini-dinero.

If NineBall wasn't singing, Scotty would have already lost the match. :D

JoeyA

P.S. Ktown wanted Hennessey.....

ribdoner
03-27-2008, 08:44 PM
What's his number?
JoeyA

247 227 3548

AIR BAR EL4U:o

JoeyA
03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
247 227 3548

AIR BAR EL4U:o

OK, send me another one.
JoeyA

Ktown D
03-27-2008, 09:48 PM
There's no insult. Not one person has even been willing to take a sweat bet for mini-dinero.

JoeyA

No odds big guy but I will still bet a little on the best 8 fingered player in the world. Let me know if you want in for a little.:)

yobagua
03-27-2008, 11:28 PM

JoeyA

Uh sorry Joey. I got 2 sweat bets with Ktown. Even.

uwate
03-28-2008, 03:25 AM
are u interested in a third?

I like Henny too. Anyone liking Townsend's end, please PM me.

Nine Ball
03-28-2008, 03:55 AM
Bye Bye Money.. Bye Bye.. :)

uwate
03-28-2008, 06:40 AM
talking alot of shit for someone who wont bet on this....

JoeyA
03-28-2008, 07:08 AM
No odds big guy but I will still bet a little on the best 8 fingered player in the world. Let me know if you want in for a little.:)

If I find another 8 fingered player, will Hennessey play him unconditionally for say $10,000.00?

JoeyA

Ktown D
03-28-2008, 09:33 AM
If I find another 8 fingered player, will Hennessey play him unconditionally for say $10,000.00?

JoeyA
Nothing in life in unconditional, despite what some might say........but I would say you could get action. Go round up your man and we'l talk.

easy-e
03-28-2008, 10:29 AM

JoeyA

The answer is NO Joey. I will NOT chop off two fingers to play Henn.

thecalhounflash
03-28-2008, 12:49 PM
scotty and john getting it on as we speak

yobagua
03-28-2008, 12:51 PM
are u interested in a third?

I like Henny too. Anyone liking Townsend's end, please PM me.

Got this too late. But am waiting for the Harriman/Schmidt rematch. And the Shane/Alex in Vegas.

crawfish
03-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Nothing in life in unconditional, despite what some might say........but I would say you could get action. Go round up your man and we'l talk.
Well, both of your eight fingered guys can play my seven fingered fella. One big $50/$50 ring game. As Big John says, "Let's get it on."

Nine Ball
03-28-2008, 03:32 PM
scotty and john getting it on as we speak

Give us some updates as they play if you can..

Nine Ball
03-28-2008, 03:34 PM
talking alot of shit for someone who wont bet on this....

Did I hurt your feelings by saying I like Scotty here to win?

When It's all over and Scotty wins what will you who talk bad to me say then?

I'll just tell you I told you so..

yobagua
03-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Dont Jinx it NineBall! I want Scotty to win it too.

Org. Creole
03-28-2008, 05:25 PM
just talked 2 hennesey he said that he was up 1 set and 3 ahead on the next set he said he would call me back when he got done

JoeyA
03-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Uh sorry Joey. I got 2 sweat bets with Ktown. Even.

Nothing wrong with a sweat bet on Scotty Townsend. Scotty is the MAN! Good luck on your bet. I'll be there tomorrow pulling for Scotty to win. Maybe then I'll get down with him afterwards. Wait a minute, this is bar tables, right..... He don't miss very often on the baby tables.....
JoeyA

Ohhhhhhhhhh!.

JoeyA
03-28-2008, 06:21 PM

Ktown D
03-28-2008, 07:03 PM
just talked 2 hennesey he said that he was up 1 set and 3 ahead on the next set he said he would call me back when he got done
Yeah, my horse is looking worse and worse all the time.....:)

JoeyA
03-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah, my horse is looking worse and worse all the time.....:)

Just called the pool hall and talked to Ed. He said Hennessey was on the hill in the final set and miscued. He was on 9 playing 10 ahead and Scotty brought it all the way down to 0. That was about 20 minutes ago.

JoeyA

Ktown D
03-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Just called the pool hall and talked to Ed. He said Hennessey was on the hill in the final set and miscued. He was on 9 playing 10 ahead and Scotty brought it all the way down to 0. That was about 20 minutes ago.

JoeyA
The dreaded miscue rears its ugly head.......:mad:

I just called Jon's phone and he didn't answer.......I figured he was not in a good mood. This explains it.

Dead Money
03-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm any Updates?

Nine Ball
03-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Whats the word bird?

JoeyA
03-29-2008, 04:02 AM
Whats the word bird?
sleeping..................

Org. Creole
03-29-2008, 05:09 AM
Hennessey called me last nite n said that he won both sets 4 3 dimes i wish i couldve been there but they started too early n i live about 2 , 2 n 1/2 hrs away but oh well

Ktown D
03-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Hennessey called me last nite n said that he won both sets 4 3 dimes i wish i couldve been there but they started too early n i live about 2 , 2 n 1/2 hrs away but oh well
He couldn't have won because Nit Ball.....er I mean Nine Ball said he couldn't. He said if you bet on Hennessee you would just be throwing your money away. You better check your sources again and get back to us.:D

Nice call. It is one thing to have an opinion, it is altogether different to talk shit then look stupid.

Nine Ball
03-29-2008, 05:36 AM
He couldn't have won because Nit Ball.....er I mean Nine Ball said he couldn't. He said if you bet on Hennessee you would just be throwing your money away. You better check your sources again and get back to us.:D

Nice call. It is one thing to have an opinion, it is altogether different to talk shit then look stupid.

Oh well, Now I look stupid.. You got me buddy.. If they play again do let us know how it goes..

I have no sources other than what my eyes have seen when they have played before.. and Nit ball liked Scotty to win this but didn't bet anything..

Yes, I felt Scotty would win this for many reasons. Who was there and watched the match that could tell us why it went the way it did in the end?

Just like to hear it..

(Edited as I left a letter off of a word and fixed it)

Nine Ball
03-29-2008, 05:39 AM
Consider it me doing the other guy a favor by not taking his money. :p

We all have our opinions of this match.. My opinion is I like Scotty to win for many reasons..

One, I have seen Henn & Scotty play twice and Scotty won both times..
Once in Mobile on the Diamonds and once here in FL on buckets.

Henn was playing good then as he just beat Tony Watson gambling a few hours before they played.

Two, I have never ever seen Scotty give up, Never ever.. The guy could play for 20 hours straight and try just as hard as he did at the start..

I'm not saying Henn can't win.. I'm simply saying I do not believe he will win.. For many reasons which I have witnessed from watching this match and from watching Henn play..

We will just see what happens and at the end I will either say I told you so or you can dog cuss me..

(oops, went to click quote and clicked edit.. I did not change a thing..)

Here it is and I said it so fire away....

Ktown D
03-29-2008, 05:42 AM
Oh well, Now I look stupid.. You got me buddy.. If they play again do let us know how it goes..

I have no sources other than what my eyes have see when they have played before.. and Nit ball liked Scotty to win this but didn't bet anything..

Yes, I felt Scotty would win this for many reasons. Who was there and watched the match that could tell us why it went the way it did in the end?

Just like to hear it..
I'm just ribbing you a little, although I do like to be on the right side of a bet occasionally. I'm gonna tell you what probably happened.......Jon shots Scotty's nuts in. Like him or not, Jon has been playing some sick pool for the last couple of months. Scotty is a great guy and a great player but he ain't the player he was a few years ago and Jon is hitting his peak right about now.

If they play again I will take the same horse and run with him.

Nine Ball
03-29-2008, 05:48 AM
I'm just ribbing you a little, although I do like to be on the right side of a bet occasionally. I'm gonna tell you what probably happened.......Jon shots Scotty's nuts in. Like him or not, Jon has been playing some sick pool for the last couple of months. Scotty is a great guy and a great player but he ain't the player he was a few years ago and Jon is hitting his peak right about now.

If they play again I will take the same horse and run with him.

I got nothing against Henn at all.. We know each other from around the room but not friends nor enemies..

Scotty has not played his true game consistently in over 6 or 7 years.. Well maybe 4 or 5..

No offense to him but it's true.. He still catches that speed in spurts though.

Henn is a good player.. Never said he wasn't..

Nine Ball
03-29-2008, 05:56 AM
`
I like josh, but you have to give him hell after this one. lol

Hen has been playing really really well lately. Some people probably still think the Bar Box All Around was a fluke. No surprise to me, I have seen him destroy people on the kiddie table

I can take it no problem.. I'll speaky my mind right or wrong on how I feel over something.. But I'm sure I'll catch a few haters that will try and drill me over it cause they don't like me... :p

Nine Ball
03-29-2008, 06:00 AM
Now if you'll excuse me from my verbal torture..:p :p I've got to get out of here for now..

boradriver
03-29-2008, 06:58 PM
JoeyA a just called me with an update. Scotty is down 6 ahead for 1500.

boradriver
03-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Hennessy 7 ahead and taken a break.

Nine Ball
03-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Hennessy 7 ahead and taken a break.

So after the two sets that Henn won they came back and played again later in the day?

I figured this might happen.. That's why I said if they play again to let us know how it goes..

xianmacx
03-29-2008, 11:55 PM
rep ninball for having heart.

I'm just glad to see we got some action.

JoeyA
03-30-2008, 08:48 AM
who won the 3rd set???

Jon "Hennessey" won all three. I watched several games and Jon was in control the whole time. Scotty showed plenty of heart never giving up just as Nine Ball said. To his credit, Scotty gave just as much effort to giving Hennessey a tight rack even when he was getting whacked rack after rack. I watched Scotty practice when Jon went to play a match and he seldom missed. Jon's break was working and he ran out more frequently.

Hennessey was all business. I didn't perceive any attitude from him the whole day and night. Often he gets hammered for his attitude and just for the record , I didn't see it nor did I see him argue with anyone.

I asked him if he knew Ktown and when I said Ktown I got his attention and he smiled. I mentioned that Ktown had tried to call him when Scotty was making his comeback after being down 9 games and getting it back to zero. He said he was in action and didn't like to answer phone calls when he is in action. :D

Lil Steve and I are going to check out the pool hall this morning to see if we can get some action. Pinegar, Townsend, and Aboud are not on the menu. :D

I borrowed my road partner's laptop to make this post but probably won't be able to make any additional posts as we are checking out of the hotel which has the Internet access.

Nice tournament. It didn't finish up last night and the hogs are in the hunt for the most part. I got knocked out and finished 8th place in the tournament money and one place out of the Calcutta. One guy played so slow it was pitiful, he made Archer look like he was a greyhound.
I played the guy and I was fresh and took his slow play in stride and spanked him 7-2. As the night wore on, others couldn't take the slow play and complained to the tournament director and asked for him to be put on the shot clock. Tyler was his name and he was sloooooooooooooow. His nickname should be SNAIL, really...... He once took 5 minutes to shoot a shot. Lil Steve told me to do the same thing to him and I told Steve that I wasn't going to change anything I was doing as I was in control of the match.
Later,
JoeyA

catpool9
03-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks JoeyA, for the update, sounds like the action is really gong on! ..wish I was there!

Tap! Tap! Tap! to you!

David Harcrow

Dagwoodz
03-30-2008, 08:09 PM
I think Hennessy may have been on his best behavior partially due to the fact that he knows Scotty won't put up with it one bit. If he thinks he can intimidate or take someone off their game with it, that's when the antics SOMETIMES show up. But I've only seen that while he's in a match. Otherwise, I've had nothing but good interactions with Jon off the table. I can say the same about Scotty, though I've only met him a couple of times. The results of the sets just follow the run of form that Jon has been on for the past few months, not suprised that he won. But then again, I wouldn't have been shocked to see Scotty take it down either. Good job on the updates Joey, rep to you.

Ktown D
03-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Jon "Hennessey" won all three. I watched several games and Jon was in control the whole time. Scotty showed plenty of heart never giving up just as Nine Ball said. To his credit, Scotty gave just as much effort to giving Hennessey a tight rack even when he was getting whacked rack after rack. I watched Scotty practice when Jon went to play a match and he seldom missed. Jon's break was working and he ran out more frequently.

Hennessey was all business. I didn't perceive any attitude from him the whole day and night. Often he gets hammered for his attitude and just for the record , I didn't see it nor did I see him argue with anyone.

I asked him if he knew Ktown and when I said Ktown I got his attention and he smiled. I mentioned that Ktown had tried to call him when Scotty was making his comeback after being down 9 games and getting it back to zero. He said he was in action and didn't like to answer phone calls when he is in action. :D

Thanks for lookin out for a brother.:cool: He called me yesterday afternoon and gave me a rundown and told me they were gonna try to play another last night. I didn't want to post it because I didn't know if it was gonna come off or not.

Ol' Jon is playing lights out right now and as frequently as he has been playing in big action with big players I don't see his game dropping off soon. He is going to hang out with us at the Smokey Mountain Shootout at the end of April and it won't surprise me one bit if he doesn't snap that off too.

Rickey
03-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Well.I happened to be the action that JoeyA bumped into earlier today and I have to say after it was all said and done,the more I thought about it the more I realize how much of a blast I had playing Joey today.I'm sure he'll add to this a little when he sees the post.Joey was my first draw in the tourney yesterday and I played so bad it made me sick at my stomach(not really)but I think Joey toasted my nuts 7-2,I think.Well I went on to win the next 5 in a row before the owner shot my nuts off( he was playing very well I might add).Well I played pretty ruff against Joey my first match and was kinda wanting to redeem myself and I'll be damned if he didn't ask for some action not long after I walked thru the door today.I don't remember exactly how it all played out but I think we played the first three sets for $100 a set with Joey winning all three.Then the fourth set for $200 which I won leaving me $100 down.Then the last set for $300 that was very close after Joey had to play catch up.I think we were hill hill when I had a 9 on the snap to finish it off.We were racing to 9 in all the matches.I really enjoyed playing with Joey and hope to play with him again in the near future.Joey brings a strong game to the table.You cant take him lightly.Hope you and your sidekick had a safe trip home Joey.

JoeyA
03-30-2008, 10:51 PM
I think Hennessy may have been on his best behavior partially due to the fact that he knows Scotty won't put up with it one bit. If he thinks he can intimidate or take someone off their game with it, that's when the antics SOMETIMES show up. But I've only seen that while he's in a match. Otherwise, I've had nothing but good interactions with Jon off the table. I can say the same about Scotty, though I've only met him a couple of times. The results of the sets just follow the run of form that Jon has been on for the past few months, not suprised that he won. But then again, I wouldn't have been shocked to see Scotty take it down either. Good job on the updates Joey, rep to you.

"Hennessey" was displaying good behavior and civility to many people at this tournament )when Scotty wasn't around. While Scotty has a good effect on most people, I don't think Jon's behavior is tied to Scotty's expectations.

Jon interacted with other players including myself. Showed some shots, let me hit some balls with his very nice Pat Diveney cue and answered many questions.

Thanks for the REP.

JoeyA

JoeyA
03-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Well.I happened to be the action that JoeyA bumped into earlier today and I have to say after it was all said and done,the more I thought about it the more I realize how much of a blast I had playing Joey today.I'm sure he'll add to this a little when he sees the post.Joey was my first draw in the tourney yesterday and I played so bad it made me sick at my stomach(not really)but I think Joey toasted my nuts 7-2,I think.Well I went on to win the next 5 in a row before the owner shot my nuts off( he was playing very well I might add).Well I played pretty ruff against Joey my first match and was kinda wanting to redeem myself and I'll be damned if he didn't ask for some action not long after I walked thru the door today.I don't remember exactly how it all played out but I think we played the first three sets for $100 a set with Joey winning all three.Then the fourth set for $200 which I won leaving me $100 down.Then the last set for $300 that was very close after Joey had to play catch up.I think we were hill hill when I had a 9 on the snap to finish it off.We were racing to 9 in all the matches.I really enjoyed playing with Joey and hope to play with him again in the near future.Joey brings a strong game to the table.You cant take him lightly.Hope you and your sidekick had a safe trip home Joey.

Rickey,
It was nice meeting you. You got the numbers right. :D

I lost to you but I have to say that I too enjoyed playing you as well. You showed a lot of class, a lot of gamble and were a pleasure to play with. I hope to see you at Buffalo Billiards in Metairie, LA one day.

Sending you a little REP for that honest appraisal. :D
Best Regards,
JoeyA

watchez
03-31-2008, 12:13 AM
I have seen Hennessey act many times. I can say, even without being there, he was on his best behavior because -
1)Scotty
2)He was winning. See Jon when he is losing or feeling the heat, and the true Hennessey comes out every time.

donny mills
03-31-2008, 01:31 AM
See this is why you should play by the game... sounds like joey would have won if you guys played by the game. I'll never play a race if i dont have to.

JoeyA
03-31-2008, 08:10 AM
See this is why you should play by the game... sounds like joey would have won if you guys played by the game. I'll never play a race if i dont have to.

The nits will pull up on you if they lose a few games. Rickey isn't one of those as you can tell by the record.

I don't like to play by the game because if you do happen to show a little speed, the other player is often looking for an excuse to fill in a commentating job, their back is hurting or some other such nonsense just to get out of playing. :)
JoeyA

jrhendy
03-31-2008, 08:22 AM
The nits will pull up on you if they lose a few games. Rickey isn't one of those as you can tell by the record.

I don't like to play by the game because if you do happen to show a little speed, the other player is often looking for an excuse to fill in a commentating job, their back is hurting or some other such nonsense just to get out of playing. :)
JoeyA

Another little subtle dig. You do keep it going.

I like to play sets myself. My game is so up & down I am liable to lose by quite a few games one set & then win a couple of sets on a row. There are some players you can play by the game, but you have to know your players and stay away from playing by the game with the ones who have one foot out the door when you start.

I'll also play a set of 9 ball & a set of one pocket with the understanding we are going to play one of each. Hope we run into each other some day and get a chance to play. John Henderson

JoeyA
03-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Another little subtle dig. You do keep it going.

I like to play sets myself. My game is so up & down I am liable to lose by quite a few games one set & then win a couple of sets on a row. There are some players you can play by the game, but you have to know your players and stay away from playing by the game with the ones who have one foot out the door when you start.

I'll also play a set of 9 ball & a set of one pocket with the understanding we are going to play one of each. Hope we run into each other some day and get a chance to play. John Henderson

Whatever do you mean, John? I have no idea what you are referring to. I was just explaining to Donnie a couple of reasons why one should not play by the game. I'm glad you agree with me.

As to playing you some pool, which is your weakest game? I might ought to try that first.

But seriously, it is always fun to play another AZer some pool and I look forward to meeting you one day as well.

JoeyA

jrhendy
03-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Whatever do you mean, John? I have no idea what you are referring to. I was just explaining to Donnie a couple of reasons why one should not play by the game. I'm glad you agree with me.

As to playing you some pool, which is your weakest game? I might ought to try that first.

But seriously, it is always fun to play another AZer some pool and I look forward to meeting you one day as well.

JoeyA

My weakest game is golf on a snooker table. I'm a terrible go off in that spot. Then one pocket and nine ball. I have also blown a little cash at three cushion, so you can see I am a well rounded billiard room pigeon. John

JoeyA
03-31-2008, 10:36 AM
My weakest game is golf on a snooker table. I'm a terrible go off in that spot. Then one pocket and nine ball. I have also blown a little cash at three cushion, so you can see I am a well rounded billiard room pigeon. John

Then surely I must try you some golf on a snooker table. It sounds like I would almost have a lock on that game. Perhaps I should bet real high and make it a race so that I can be assured of a good score, just in case we should ever play one pocket or that scourge of a game, nine ball. :D

It is always nice to know that there are other pidgeons besides myself, out there as this thread attests to.
JoeyA

ironman
03-31-2008, 11:39 AM

I agree that races really suck. Make em bet and make em pay. The pressure will burst a water pipe.

jrhendy
03-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Then surely I must try you some golf on a snooker table. It sounds like I would almost have a lock on that game. Perhaps I should bet real high and make it a race so that I can be assured of a good score, just in case we should ever play one pocket or that scourge of a game, nine ball. :D

It is always nice to know that there are other pidgeons besides myself, out there as this thread attests to.
JoeyA

Now we have it. I can blow all the money I have budgeted for pool to one guy knowing it will be back in action soon. Maybe to my friend Jay. I know he will want you pumped up whenever you guys play, so he may want a piece of mine to make sure you win enough $$. I will also set aside a little cash for one pocket as I like to go off on that a little too. John

JoeyA
03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Now we have it. I can blow all the money I have budgeted for pool to one guy knowing it will be back in action soon. Maybe to my friend Jay. I know he will want you pumped up whenever you guys play, so he may want a piece of mine to make sure you win enough $$. I will also set aside a little cash for one pocket as I like to go off on that a little too. John

I am wringing my hands with euphoric anticipation. This is so sweet, I can almost feel the money in my hands. Jeeze, now I know what it feels like to be a pool player.

JoeyA

P.S. NOTE TO JOEY: (Be more careful about what you say to John about THE GINGERBREAD MAN)

Nine Ball
03-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Who won that tournament at the arena and what did it pay?

Anyone give the run down on 1st to 7th?

Maybe Easy-E can make a comment here? hehehe

Cannonball55
03-31-2008, 08:52 PM
Scotty's liable to take off those cowboy boots and shoot bare footed . You know you're in deep doo-doo when Scotty exposes those well traveled feet . Run-out, Run-out, Run-out, grab a beer, then repeat 2X more.

Un-screw now and save yourself the embarrassment if he takes off the boots withcha

JoeyA
03-31-2008, 09:34 PM

Jon Pinegar wins it. I was busy. :)

Maybe one of the owners of the pool hall will post it up.
JoeyA

Rickey
03-31-2008, 11:03 PM
I'll find out how it wound up tomorrow and post it all up.

easy-e
04-01-2008, 03:24 AM

of course he can! How about that date?

thecalhounflash
04-01-2008, 09:23 AM
1st. johnathan
2nd. joey barnes
3rd. gary abhood
4th. fishook
5th. and 6th. bubba procell, and claude marrier
7th. and 8th. joey a. and i cant think of the guys name

1st. paid 7270

iba7467
04-01-2008, 09:34 AM
1st. johnathan
2nd. joey barnes
3rd. gary abhood
4th. fishook

1st. paid 7270

That's a hefty first place payout.

Nine Ball
04-02-2008, 03:42 AM
1st. johnathan
2nd. joey barnes
3rd. gary abhood
4th. fishook

1st. paid 7270

I sure wish I would of taken Joey A. up on his offer to ride together and went to the event..

I feel I would of done pretty good.. Mayne next time..

JoeyA
04-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Pinegar is hot right now...

Wonder how long it can last

It is all perspective I guess. I've seen players on a hot streak but Pinegar looks like he is playing solidly, rather than hot. I think KTown might have a horse that can run.

All that being said, the pockets were cavernous and the table were 3 1/2 x 7. :D

JoeyA