PDA

View Full Version : Cue hit picture...

Peer
03-20-2008, 09:16 AM
I captured this pic from a YouTube video. I'm amazed how much the tip actually compresses.

-- peer

cigardave
03-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Is that a break shot?

McChen
03-20-2008, 09:40 AM
that might be a carom cue, has a short carom type ferrule and a yellow cueball. carom balls are heavier than pool balls, so this pic might have more compression than normal with pool

hang-the-9
03-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Try these: http://www.billiards.colostate.edu/high_speed_videos/

9 on the snap
03-20-2008, 09:45 AM
that might be a carom cue, has a short carom type ferrule and a yellow cueball. carom balls are heavier than pool balls, so this pic might have more compression than normal with pool

That's a Predator Z shaft.

Jude Rosenstock
03-20-2008, 09:52 AM
That's a Predator Z shaft.

OMG, you guys are so lame. If this isn't 3-cushion, WHY IS THE 1-BALL GETTING HIT?

I think I should win a prize or at least get my Sherlock Holmes hat shipped immediately.

steev
03-20-2008, 10:09 AM
OMG, you guys are so lame. If this isn't 3-cushion, WHY IS THE 1-BALL GETTING HIT?

I think I should win a prize or at least get my Sherlock Holmes hat shipped immediately.

not just that, look at the size of the ball vs. the tip...it's either a snooker cue or a billiard ball. and it probably ain't a snooker cue :D

-s

billiardbrain
03-20-2008, 10:15 AM
I know it's a kamui tip. Another video is here http://www.kamuitips.com/

ugotactionTX
03-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I know it's a kamui tip. Another video is here http://www.kamuitips.com/

it sure looks like a layered tip.... but I doubt anyone can say for sure that its a Kamui or not. Could be one of a number of layered tips.

BTW I really like my kamui tip but the Milkdud on my other shaft get ALL the play time :D

olauzon
03-20-2008, 10:27 AM

if it's a shot from a match whether it'd be 3-cushion or whatever; would it be shot with a camera (and from that angle??) that has the ability to zoom in x30? with that clarity? :rolleyes:

looks to me they wanted to show exactly what it shows

Jason Robichaud
03-20-2008, 11:25 AM
This is the full video of that picture. If you look at the jump shot around the 1:30 mark. Lots like a double hit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pZqkaJDaz2A

It is billiards. Heres your hat

TheNewSharkster
03-20-2008, 11:33 AM
I like that picture. Gives insight to something you rarely see in pool. Almost like those crazy cameras they have on the golf course that film at 300fps.

9 on the snap
03-20-2008, 12:26 PM

It's not a 1-ball that's for sure, and it is a Z shaft. I can't hit with one, but I looked at it a lot until I got my 314.

PROG8R
03-20-2008, 12:31 PM
It's not a 1-ball that's for sure, and it is a Z shaft. I can't hit with one, but I looked at it a lot until I got my 314.
3-cushion game, but that ferrule looks small even for a Z-shaft. Those I-series shafts from Mcdermott are small like that as well.

renard
03-20-2008, 12:32 PM

:D You kill me Jude, your right, but you crack me up! :D

Your Sherlock reminds me of this joke:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep.

Some hours later, Holmes wakes his faithful friend. "Watson, look up and tell me what you see."

Watson replies, "I see millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?"

Watson ponders for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it?s evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"

Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks. "Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent."

TheBook
03-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Freddy Bentivegna shows in his book "Banking with the Beard" that the balls actually compress when hitting. He shows this on page 30. The area of the flat spots vary from 1/16" to 3/8" depending on the force. So why would you think that the cue tip doesn't flatten on contact?

TheBook
03-20-2008, 01:22 PM
:D You kill me Jude, your right, but you crack me up! :D

Your Sherlock reminds me of this joke:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep.

Some hours later, Holmes wakes his faithful friend. "Watson, look up and tell me what you see."

Watson replies, "I see millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?"

Watson ponders for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it?s evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"

Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks. "Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent."

I thought that that happened between Tonto and the Lone Ranger. Tonto being Watson. And Kemosabee being Holmes. Some words are also changed such as great spirit and a few ughs thrown in to give it more of a indian dialog.

Still a good story.

Peer
03-21-2008, 05:47 AM
So why would you think that the cue tip doesn't flatten on contact?

What kind of conclusion is that..? Being amazed (as I am) isn't the same as thinking "the cue tip doesn't flatten on contact". I always knew the tip will flatten on impact, but I'm amazed to see it up-close like this and how much it "bends" on a draw shot. And yes, here's the video I captured the pic from: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pZqkaJDaz2A

-- peer