PDA

View Full Version : March Madness Baby!!

corvette1340
03-20-2008, 09:21 AM
I know this is NPR, but I wanted to see how many of you are like me and basically take today and tomorrow off to watch every single game of the tournament. I'm in a pool that pays over $3000 for first place and I have UNC winning in that one. Im also in a couple more smaller ones. I would like to see the Dawgs win a few since I went to UGA and they are a true cinderella but Xavier will be a tough out. Any more thoughts?

James
03-20-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm going to be in Vegas next weekend and between playing in the Southwest Challenge and friends being there for March Madness, I'm expecting pure pandemonium.

trustyrusty
03-20-2008, 09:24 AM
I tried to start a AZB bracket contest in NPR, and no interest....???? Oh well, I'm in at least 7 others :) Favorite 2 days of the year BABY!!!! Less than 10 min. til tipoff. Let's go!

Poolfiend
03-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Pretty much every guy here at my company is crazy for March Madness. I'm in a couple of pools and I am taking tomorrow off to go to Wendover and watch games all day. My lunch break today will be a little longer than normal and spent at a Sports Bar/Restaurant. GO UCLA!

MikeM
03-20-2008, 09:30 AM
I am the defending champ in my pool. Won a little over $2700 last year.

Going for the repeat with UCLA.

MM...and NC, and Kansas, and Texas!

corvette1340
03-20-2008, 10:17 AM
35-26 Georgia at the half! Georgia +8.5 is looking swwweeeeeeetttt!

The King
03-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Setting at home this morning watching the NCAA's the only other place I will be is the Pool Hall where I'm sure they will have this on the tube... Living in Georgia I'm pulling for the Dawgs one thing I loved about last weekend is that they could'nt steal March Madness from the Dawgs like the BCS stole the Championship game away in football...

I agree Xavier is a tough draw but the Dawgs are playing good they look nothing like they did in regular season... Xavier loooks a little shocked so far but it has been a great game. I hope Georgia plays this well in the second half... I would miss never March madness for the world one of my favorite times of the year... Even the announcers seemed shocked at how well Georgia is playing as a true Cinderella team... UGA UP 35 TO 26 AT THE HALF ..

Rep to you Corvette us Dawg fans must stick together ...

GO DAWGS!!!

Ktown D
03-20-2008, 10:20 AM
I know this is NPR, but I wanted to see how many of you are like me and basically take today and tomorrow off to watch every single game of the tournament. I'm in a pool that pays over $3000 for first place and I have UNC winning in that one. Im also in a couple more smaller ones. I would like to see the Dawgs win a few since I went to UGA and they are a true cinderella but Xavier will be a tough out. Any more thoughts?
How is UNC going to win it all if Tennessee beats them in the Elite 8????????:p

GL with your pool

The King
03-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Lord I hope Gaines don't foul out .. But he did in most every game in the SEC tourny and we still found a way to win....

stevea
03-20-2008, 11:15 AM
If your at work or at your computer without a TV near by, you can watch every game of the tournament for free on www.cbssportsline.com

There is a "Boss button" on the player when watching the game, and when you click on it a spreadsheet comes up and then just click anywhere on the spreadsheet and it goes back to the game... genius!!!

iba7467
03-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Sorry for Corvette, but helps my bracket

The King
03-20-2008, 11:22 AM
It's not over yet ... But it is not looking great at the moment ...

powerlineman80
03-20-2008, 11:24 AM
I have UNC winning in that one

Nice call! GO HEELS!

powerlineman80
03-20-2008, 11:27 AM
How is UNC going to win it all if Tennessee beats them in the Elite 8????????:p

GL with your pool

If that game happens want to put some $$ on that?:D

I think its awsome that CBS puts all the games on their site now. Here in Bama I dont get the Heels unless they are the primetime game and I dont feel like paying DirecTv for that crap they put out. So now I get to watch the Heels all the way instead of having to watch local crap. GO HEELS!

PROG8R
03-20-2008, 11:27 AM
I did 2 different brackets and both have the old UNC and DUKE in the finals. I spent close to an hour just playing around with the bracket simulator on ESPN. It is so much fun..

powerlineman80
03-20-2008, 11:29 AM
I did 2 different brackets and both have the old UNC and DUKE in the finals. I spent close to an hour just playing around with the bracket simulator on ESPN. It is so much fun..

Did you know they've NEVER met in the tourney? You would figure with the success both have had they would have met before.

The King
03-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Crimson Tide ... Yuck but then on a bright note it is mostly a win when we play for us Dawg fans the past several years...lol...j/k

The King
03-20-2008, 11:36 AM
There is no quit in our Dawgs ... down by 3 with about 1:30 left to play against a great Xavier team ...

PROG8R
03-20-2008, 11:38 AM
1 2 T
GA (17-16) 35 26 61
#12 XAV (27-6) 26 38 64
In Progress
1:24, 2nd Half

ribdoner
03-20-2008, 11:40 AM
We all know who the favs are....FEAR these dogs:

PITTSBURGH
CLEMSON
L'VILLE

MEMPHIS is overrated

corvette1340
03-20-2008, 11:45 AM
lol, not only did those plumbers not win, they didn't even cover after being up 9 at the half.

PROG8R
03-20-2008, 11:50 AM
lol, not only did those plumbers not win, they didn't even cover after being up 9 at the half.
You know that just figures. They come out of no where and play their freaking hearts out to win the SEC and then shit themselves all over the place in the first round. Freaking DAWGS!!! I should have known better.

JDB
03-20-2008, 11:51 AM
35-26 Georgia at the half! Georgia +8.5 is looking swwweeeeeeetttt!
Or not so good now.

The King
03-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I would of loved to have seen them win ... But I sure did love to see them play the SEC tourney as they did and to come from last place... Thay also played Xavier tough ... And the good thing is thier is so much more to watch in the NCAA... Those Dawgs gave me some great things to remember and talk about this year for awhile. Who would of thought they would even be in the NCAA tourney two weeks ago ???

PROG8R
03-20-2008, 11:58 AM
I am done with those DAWGS. They cost me two spots!
Now I am on to KY. Lets go cats!!
I know there is a BIAS here but come on, everyone has it in their roots of who they are and where they were raised.

powerlineman80
03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Crimson Tide ... Yuck but then on a bright note it is mostly a win when we play for us Dawg fans the past several years...lol...j/k

Yea we've had a few rough years, but things are looking up after this years recruiting class. I thought we had yall this year, but blown coverage in OT killed us. A Junior shouldnt get smoked like that:mad: :D

If you cant tell I root for UNC during b'ball season, as Bama b'ball doesnt impress me much anymore. I refuse to support Mark Gottfried so I'd rather drive the 8 hours to Chapel Hill and watch my Heels play. If Lawson stays healthy, they have a great shot at taking the title this year. It gets even better next year as I think Hansbrough stays unless they win the title this year.

powerlineman80
03-20-2008, 12:31 PM
I am done with those DAWGS. They cost me two spots!
Now I am on to KY. Lets go cats!!
I know there is a BIAS here but come on, everyone has it in their roots of who they are and where they were raised.

I figured they would be flat after all the emotions in the SEC tourney so I didnt pick them except for a few junk brackets I picked.

My thoughts on the tourney (winners listed):

#1 North Carolina
#9 Arkansas
#5 Notre Dame
#4 Washington State (even though I think Winthrop could hang or win)
#6 Oklahoma (another upset alert IMO)
#3 Louisville
#7 Butler (watch out for South Alabama, they are TOUGH)
#2 Tennessee

#1 Kansas
#8 UNLV
#5 Clemson
#4 Vanderbilt
#6 USC (another upset watch, that kid for KSU is a BEAST!)
#3 Wisconsin
#10 Davidson (could be this years bracket buster)
#2 Georgetown

#1 Memphis
#8 Mississippi State
#5 Michigan State
#4 Pittsburgh
#6 Marquette (even though I think UK could easily win)
#3 Stanford
#7 Miami
#2 Texas

#1 UCLA
#8 BYU
#12 Western Kentucky (my 12/5 upset this year)
#4 UConn
#6 Purdue
#3 Xavier
#7 West Virginia
#2 Duke

AlexB
03-20-2008, 08:33 PM
NCAA tournament time is the best time of the year for making serious money betting on basketball. The typical bracket pools are fun and keep everyone's interest for conversation purposes. However, the most fun is an open bid calcutta. We run one every year paying off the final 8. This year the winner pays $25K. I won't mention who I have, but I'm still alive.

hangemhigh
03-20-2008, 08:43 PM
We all know who the favs are....FEAR these dogs:

PITTSBURGH
CLEMSON
L'VILLE

MEMPHIS is overrated

I'll take Mempho vs. Pitt when or if Pitt actually gets there, it will be like a Lawler vs. Dundee loser leave town. Double sawbuck.

ribdoner
03-20-2008, 08:47 PM
I'll take Mempho vs. Pitt when or if Pitt actually gets there, it will be like a Lawler vs. Dundee loser leave town. Double sawbuck.

Your on...I got PITT and the points (Commercial Appeal line)

Good Luck:)

SCCues
03-21-2008, 08:12 AM
If your at work or at your computer without a TV near by, you can watch every game of the tournament for free on www.cbssportsline.com

There is a "Boss button" on the player when watching the game, and when you click on it a spreadsheet comes up and then just click anywhere on the spreadsheet and it goes back to the game... genius!!!
This is great, thanks for the heads up and the link.....

James

DEVO
03-21-2008, 08:49 AM
March Madness... The Best Time Of The Year!!!
I'm Luck That Our Work Let Us Off Thurs.,Fri.,And Mon. For Spring Break.(I Work For A School Dist.) Soooo Party On Till Monday,Then It's Time For Detox,, Til Next Fri And Then It's Party On Again. 20mins To Tee Time And It Will Be "Crack That Beer" Time...

Party On!!!! Brian Go UNC...

corvette1340
03-21-2008, 08:56 AM
I went 3-7 yesterday ATS and lost almost $1000. Looking for a better day today. On the plus side, in my big pool that has 164 entrants I picked 15 of 16 right and am in 4th behind 3 people that had flawless brackets.
Today Im heavy on Drake -4 and Butler on the money line -200. I also have a little on Tenn. -19, Siena +7, Oregon +3, and Miami +1. Also, if Butler doesnt win outright then I might have to bet the farm on a game this weekend to get even.

Derek
03-21-2008, 09:25 AM
but I wanted to see how many of you are like me and basically take today and tomorrow off to watch every single game of the tournament.

I've done it for 20 years now. Mandatory vacation days each year for me.

hangemhigh
03-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Your on...I got PITT and the points (Commercial Appeal line)

Good Luck:)

I hope they make it past Izzo and State. The number is Pitt - 2 1/2 in that one.

ribdoner
03-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I hope they make it past Izzo and State. The number is Pitt - 2 1/2 in that one.

Depends on which NIETZEL shows up. If he's unconcious PITT (and anyone else) is in trouble. Like the SEC the BIG-10 is down this year.

ribdoner
03-21-2008, 03:23 PM
WHODATHUNK San Diego over UCONN:confused: :confused:

trustyrusty
03-21-2008, 03:38 PM
WHODATHUNK San Diego over UCONN:confused: :confused:

some chic in my wife's pool picked em to win 2.....now that's a possibility. SHEESH!!!

hangemhigh
03-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Depends on which NIETZEL shows up. If he's unconcious PITT (and anyone else) is in trouble. Like the SEC the BIG-10 is down this year.

C-ya Pitt.....

Ktown D
03-23-2008, 01:58 PM
if Butler doesnt win outright then I might have to bet the farm on a game this weekend to get even.
Don't ever bet against the Pearlettes until they get to the Sweet 16.

Let's play 5 more minutes..........:mad:

powerlineman80
03-23-2008, 04:35 PM
I told ya Davidson was a bracket buster. Stephen Curry is the REAL DEAL.

How bout them HEELS? 92-59 with 6 minutes left.

ribdoner
03-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Every time I think I can foresee the future I'm reminded why I worked for a living:o

It's obvious some idiot overrated PITT and CLEMSEN

Buckeyejim
03-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Every time I think I can foresee the future I'm reminded why I worked for a living:o

It's obvious some idiot overrated PITT and CLEMSEN
Anyone besides me think the Mountaineer's (my Alma Mater) have matured enough under Huggins to smash anyone beyond Duke? I am proud so far!! go 'eers!

hangemhigh
03-24-2008, 06:08 AM
Anyone besides me think the Mountaineer's (my Alma Mater) have matured enough under Huggins to smash anyone beyond Duke? I am proud so far!! go 'eers!
WV is giving 1 to X. I would have thought they would be getting at least 3. Good luck. I do think UCLA is beatable if you get there.

hangemhigh
03-24-2008, 06:13 AM
How about Tennessee vs. Memphis State and Kansas vs. Xavier in the Final Four with Memphis State getting revenge over the earlier loss to Tennessee and Kansas rolling to the final game. Then we see Memphis State accomplish what they could'nt with Gene Bartow or Dana Kirk- National Champions.

corvette1340
03-24-2008, 06:15 AM
How about Tennessee vs. Memphis State and Kansas vs. Xavier in the Final Four with Memphis State getting revenge ove the earlier loss to Tennessee and Kansas rolling to the final game. Then we see Memphis State accomplish what they could'nt with Gene Bartow or Dana Kirk- National Champions.

Memphis dropped the State from its name in the late nineties.

hangemhigh
03-24-2008, 06:22 AM
Memphis dropped the State from its name in the late nineties.
As you might have garnered from the Gene Bartow reference , I knew that. They will always be Memphis State to me. They made the Championship game in 1973 and the final four in 1985.

corvette1340
03-24-2008, 06:35 AM
As you might have garnered from the Gene Bartow reference , I knew that. They will always be Memphis State to me.

lol, yeah I liked them back when Penny chose Memphis State. Oh and if anyone out there thought I layed too many odds on Morra getting to 66 in the young guns match, let me tell you about my weekend bets on the tournament.

On Saturday I parlayed Kansas and UCLA both on the money lines laying 2200 to win 500. If you didn't see the UCLA game then you don't know how heavy I was sweating it. Luckily UCLA shit out. Yesterday I parlayed North Carolina and Memphis on the money lines laying 600 to win 213. The Memphis game wasn't quite as bad as the UCLA game, but it still made me sweat.

iba7467
03-24-2008, 07:46 AM
is horrible, but I have to pump the line UNC -7.5. I think this one is stealing. Anyone else's thoughts?

hangemhigh
03-24-2008, 08:15 AM
is horrible, but I have to pump the line UNC -7.5. I think this one is stealing. Anyone else's thoughts?

WSU was 0-2 against UCLA and Stanford,the top 2 teams in the Pac-10. Now they have to go on the road and play what is essentially a home game for UNC. I think the number is more like UNC -10.5.

iba7467
03-24-2008, 08:26 AM
WSU was 0-2 against UCLA and Stanford,the top 2 teams in the Pac-10. Now they have to go on the road and play what is essentially a home game for UNC. I think the number is more like UNC -10.5.

I agree, I'm just posting the current line for those who haven't seen it.

powerlineman80
03-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Dont be so sure on the 7.5 on UNC. Washington State's slow style will bother the Heels and I myself would be surprised if they break 100 again. Now if WSU goes for broke near the end and gets away from their offense it could open up, but I smell stinky fish.:cool:

hangemhigh
04-06-2008, 04:52 PM
How about Tennessee vs. Memphis State and Kansas vs. Xavier in the Final Four with Memphis State getting revenge over the earlier loss to Tennessee and Kansas rolling to the final game. Then we see Memphis State accomplish what they could'nt with Gene Bartow or Dana Kirk- National Champions.

Although I was a little confused with bracket placement,the end result was right on!

GO TIGERS

hangemhigh
03-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Although I was a little confused with bracket placement,the end result was right on!

GO TIGERS

Memphis State closes it out this year!

trustyrusty
03-15-2009, 06:09 PM
check the NPR section if you'd like to get a (Yahoo!) bracket challenge going for AZBilliards.....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: