PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to Glen Hancock "AKA RealKingCobra"

Donny Wessels
04-25-2008, 09:30 PM
I would like to give a big thanks to Glen Hancock AKA Realkingcobra. I have always been passionate about billiards and the workings of the tables. When I graduated, at seventeen, the first place I went to get a full time job was Goldenwest billiards in Orange CA. Seventeen years later I'm still working on pool tables. So I was very excited when I got the chance to work with Glen when he was working in the area. This guy is great, everything I expected and more. He has a tremendouse amount of knowlegde about pool tables. I have seen some great playing pool table in the LA area, but I have to say that Glen raises the bar, and a couple of notches.

I have spent several weeks working with Glen. He has sharpened my skills in bar tables, subrail extensions, replacing cushion, rail cloth, leveling and his amazing technique for gluing bedcloth. Glen is by far the best technician I have ever seen.

On a personal note - I alway thought Glen was an abrasive person from some of the post I have read online. After meeting Glen in person I can see the abrasiveness is actually a huge amount of passion for the sport of billiards and the work he does. He actually a very nice person, approachable and easy to talk to. I found him a patient and great teacher. He was teaching me his priceless techniques at no cost, I assume just because we share the same passion for billiards, he even gave me tools, paid for most of the lunches and split tips with me on his jobs.

Glen, I appreciate the time you spent with me. It was a pleasure on honor to work the industries top technician. I'm now doing things with pool table that I have only dreamed of in the past. I look forward to future jobs and projects.

BIG THANKS.....

realkingcobra
04-25-2008, 09:47 PM
I would like to give a big thanks to Glen Hancock AKA Realkingcobra. I have always been passionate about billiards and the workings of the tables. When I graduated, at seventeen, the first place I went to get a full time job was Goldenwest billiards in Orange CA. Seventeen years later I'm still working on pool tables. So I was very excited when I got the chance to work with Glen when he was working in the area. This guy is great, everything I expected and more. He has a tremendouse amount of knowlegde about pool tables. I have seen some great playing pool table in the LA area, but I have to say that Glen raises the bar, and a couple of notches.

I have spent several weeks working with Glen. He has sharpened my skills in bar tables, subrail extensions, replacing cushion, rail cloth, leveling and his amazing technique for gluing bedcloth. Glen is by far the best technician I have ever seen.

On a personal note - I alway thought Glen was an abrasive person from some of the post I have read online. After meeting Glen in person I can see the abrasiveness is actually a huge amount of passion for the sport of billiards and the work he does. He actually a very nice person, approachable and easy to talk to. I found him a patient and great teacher. He was teaching me his priceless techniques at no cost, I assume just because we share the same passion for billiards, he even gave me tools, paid for most of the lunches and split tips with me on his jobs.

Glen, I appreciate the time you spent with me. It was a pleasure on honor to work the industries top technician. I'm now doing things with pool table that I have only dreamed of in the past. I look forward to future jobs and projects.

BIG THANKS.....
Thank you Donny, it's been great working with you, I know you're going to go a long ways in this business:D I hope you learned more from me than just working on pool tables:D like how to pick up new accounts;) Stand your ground, believe in yourself, and don't ever sell you skills short, stick to them rules, and you'll never be without demand;) Did you get into Dave and Busters and meet with Ruban? I handed that to you, because I knew you were right for the job, same as Mr. Lucky's and Paul Bui's billiards room, as well as all the Diamonds down in San Diego. I did that because you're more than qualified to do the work. Don't forget about Randy's table going in on the 6th, he'll be happy with your work. Like I said, all you have to do is believe in yourself:D

JohnPT
04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Glen, you need to train someone from Las Vegas. I love what you did to my table but someday it'll need work. I take care of the table but you never know. I understand maybe you want to keep Vegas to yourself but who knows where you'll be when I need you :D

Btw, what happened to the porkchops?

realkingcobra
04-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Glen, you need to train someone from Las Vegas. I love what you did to my table but someday it'll need work. I take care of the table but you never know. I understand maybe you want to keep Vegas to yourself but who knows where you'll be when I need you :D

Btw, what happened to the porkchops?
Vegas is a whole different story...LOL I'll be back in Vegas tomorrow, how about pork chops on Sunday:D mmmmm goood:D

Glen

JohnPT
04-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Sure. I'll bring the 9ball.

realkingcobra
04-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Sure. I'll bring the 9ball.
You're on:D

JohnPT
04-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Philippine Eagle vs King Cobra. Playing for porkchops.

Donny Wessels
04-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Thank you Donny, it's been great working with you, I know you're going to go a long ways in this business:D I hope you learned more from me than just working on pool tables:D like how to pick up new accounts;) Stand your ground, believe in yourself, and don't ever sell you skills short, stick to them rules, and you'll never be without demand;) Did you get into Dave and Busters and meet with Ruban? I handed that to you, because I knew you were right for the job, same as Mr. Lucky's and Paul Bui's billiards room, as well as all the Diamonds down in San Diego. I did that because you're more than qualified to do the work. Don't forget about Randy's table going in on the 6th, he'll be happy with your work. Like I said, all you have to do is believe in yourself:D

Glen, I stopped by there on the way back to the hospital. I will be starting the first of May, 1 a week for the next 17 weeks. Thanks for that too.

realkingcobra
04-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Glen, I stopped by there on the way back to the hospital. I will be starting the first of May, 1 a week for the next 17 weeks. Thanks for that too.
After you get one table with the cushions changed and playing right, go sell that to the Dave and Busters south of you next, that'll get you in the door there, tell their GM to call Mike at the Dave and Busters you're working in for confirmation of your work, then you'll pick up the other one as well, I guarantee you they have bad cushions on them tables as well;)

Glen

branpureza
04-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Glen, you need to train someone from Las Vegas.

no, he needs to come to north carolina... i've seen guys cut rails using the "eyeball it" method and an electric turkey carver. the tits come out cross-eyed and such...

realkingcobra
04-26-2008, 03:53 AM
no, he needs to come to north carolina... i've seen guys cut rails using the "eyeball it" method and an electric turkey carver. the tits come out cross-eyed and such...
I bet they play real bad around Thanksgiving!:D

Glen

Fatboy
04-26-2008, 10:35 AM
glen is great no doubt it, but....when you get back to town we need to fix a bit of a roll off on one corner-no big deal, more importantly i just want to see you and hang out. the RCC the one and one and only.

Glen is a heavy handed guy who I like alot and am proud to be his friend.

realkingcobra
04-26-2008, 10:56 AM
glen is great no doubt it, but....when you get back to town we need to fix a bit of a roll off on one corner-no big deal, more importantly i just want to see you and hang out. the RCC the one and one and only.

Glen is a heavy handed guy who I like alot and am proud to be his friend.
Bout 100 miles from Vegas now Fatboy, but may take a while to get there, I might have to get out and PUSH this truck up the mountain:D and it"s EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glen

realkingcobra
04-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Just passed a sign that said Vegas 81 miles, got the cruise set at 40mph, in second gear, should be there in about 2 hours, no wait, there's a down hill side to this mountain:D :D

Glen

steveharn
04-26-2008, 11:08 AM
D & B. When I first visited the Marietta, GA location back in 1994, with my son,I was amazed how beautiful a facility it was. My friend in Chattanooga, TN, Phil Windam, had told me to go there. BTW, Phil has a great place there in Chattanooga, Chattanooga Billiard Club, he has been in the business for many years and has been very successful. Have not talked to him in several years, hope everything is good with him. Anyway, D & B, beautiful tables, I love the old style A.E. Schmidt tables, 4 1/2 x 9, I played on those and had a blast, such nice, rich decorations and atmosphere to play in. Are those the tables you are working on? I've heard they go for around $15 grand, is that true. The ones I played on didn't have Simonis, hope you are putting Simonis on these, they should be fabolus then. I'm sure RKC probably doesn't think much of them though.

realkingcobra
04-26-2008, 11:30 AM
D & B. When I first visited the Marietta, GA location back in 1994, with my son,I was amazed how beautiful a facility it was. My friend in Chattanooga, TN, Phil Windam, had told me to go there. BTW, Phil has a great place there in Chattanooga, Chattanooga Billiard Club, he has been in the business for many years and has been very successful. Have not talked to him in several years, hope everything is good with him. Anyway, D & B, beautiful tables, I love the old style A.E. Schmidt tables, 4 1/2 x 9, I played on those and had a blast, such nice, rich decorations and atmosphere to play in. Are those the tables you are working on? I've heard they go for around $15 grand, is that true. The ones I played on didn't have Simonis, hope you are putting Simonis on these, they should be fabolus then. I'm sure RKC probably doesn't think much of them though.
I like the tables, and yes, they're the A.E. Schmidt tables:D Just don't like them with wooden cushions;)

Glen

Donny Wessels
04-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Yes, those are the tables. Real beauties, these tables have Tour Edition cloth.

plshrk22
04-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Glen is a great guy and is MORE than happy to share his knowledge. When I was in the process of getting my table Glen was a little late ;) BUT WELL WELL worth the wait. The second he started to work on my table I knew it was worth the wait. Glen I know you passed through Boise! And you didnt even call, I figured you would want a rematch since I whooped ya last time :D. Safe travels Glen

Alex

realkingcobra
04-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Glen is a great guy and is MORE than happy to share his knowledge. When I was in the process of getting my table Glen was a little late ;) BUT WELL WELL worth the wait. The second he started to work on my table I knew it was worth the wait. Glen I know you passed through Boise! And you didnt even call, I figured you would want a rematch since I whooped ya last time :D. Safe travels Glen

Alex
I haven't passed through there yet buckwheat;) :D

Glen

1pRoscoe
04-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Glen - you going to be hanging out around W. WA anytime soon?? I have this GC in my garage in pieces that is begging to be put to use...

plshrk22
04-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Uh oh... Just no parking in the front, I dont like cops :D

realkingcobra
04-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Glen - you going to be hanging out around W. WA anytime soon?? I have this GC in my garage in pieces that is begging to be put to use...
I'll be up there next week.

Glen

realkingcobra
04-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Uh oh... Just no parking in the front, I dont like cops :D
Only at night...LOL
Glen

1pRoscoe
04-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I'll be up there next week.

Glen
Guess I'd better finish restaining the base, huh.... Got time to fit it in?

realkingcobra
04-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Guess I'd better finish restaining the base, huh.... Got time to fit it in?
Maybe, depends on what all we're doing to it, I'll know more as I get in the state.

Glen

2l82bgr8
04-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey Glen if your only 80 miles away does that mean you will arrive Monday?

realkingcobra
04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Hey Glen if your only 80 miles away does that mean you will arrive Monday?
Tuesday if I broke down, but I didn't so I'm here in Vegas now ya runt:D

Glen

PS. Mini Rick on the way down here from Washington?:D :D :D