PDA

View Full Version : Kamui Medium Soft

Jason Robichaud
04-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Just checking to see if anyone else is having a problem with these tips. I am on my second in less than a year and looks like I will be needing a 3rd. The layers are staying together, however a piece keeps coming out of the side. The second layer from top has a little piece that falls out leaving a hole in the side. The top layer then compacts down into the void and breaks. Top view then has a piece gone in a pie shape.

Note: This is on my playing cue... I come from snooker.. so it isn't from a killer power stroke or breaking.

Michael-Hoang
04-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Just checking to see if anyone else is having a problem with these tips. I am on my second in less than a year and looks like I will be needing a 3rd. The layers are staying together, however a piece keeps coming out of the side. The second layer from top has a little piece that falls out leaving a hole in the side. The top layer then compacts down into the void and breaks. Top view then has a piece gone in a pie shape.

Note: This is on my playing cue... I come from snooker.. so it isn't from a killer power stroke or breaking.

It is hard for me to visualize what you say about the tip. So, I cannot really provide any feedbacks. But it seems that something is not right.

I would suggest that you bring the tip back to wherever you get it from and have the dealer take a look at it. Your dealer should take care of it for you.

I am playing with a Kamui Medium/Soft. I don't have a power stroke, but I break with my playing cue about 35% of the time. So far, the tip is still good, and I have had it for almost a year (I don't play much. But I did have the tip cut down to half when Joe Blackburn installed it for me). I have never had any problems nor heard anyone with any problems with regards to the Kamui.

Please keep me updated on your situation of the tip. If you can take some pictures, please send them to me via PM. I am interested in knowing what is going on with the tip. Anyone with any feedbacks/problems with the Kamui tips, feel free to let me know.

Jason Robichaud
04-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Here is a picture of what is happening. It starts off with a section of the layer bulging out and then breaks off leaving a hole in the side, like the top picture. 65514

Rod
04-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Its a defect in the second layer. I've had similar happen on other layered tips. Its a bummer which is the reason I no longer use layered tips. Might be a one time thing or not.

Rod

Michael-Hoang
04-26-2008, 08:29 PM
You should defintely take the tip back to your installer/dealer and have it fixed free of charge.

All my dealers have full authority to take care of their customers on the spot. And then, I'll take care of them.

Your dealer should replace it for you for free. Then he/she should send it back to where he/she buys the tips and full credits should be given.

That's just my opinion.

Hope it works out for you.

Jason Robichaud
04-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks... Not worried about it. I will probably just switch back to everest tips again. Just checking to see if others are having problems and giving people a heads up that there may be a problem. Too bad cause they hit really nice and spin is easy!

cajunbarboxplyr
04-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Ive been using the same Moori tip for the last 2.5 years.....an occasional scuff and its good to go!

HollyWood
04-27-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm the biggest Kamui fan Possible I have all softness and hardness, . I have 5 cues ,with 2 shafts each and use them all with Kamui, ( ivory joint,SS joint,and linen.( ferrules are ivory,ageis II, ivoine 3, Melamine ) also put a Kamuii Med on a ob-1!! I have orig-tips yet from 2005. mark,

Chi2dxa
04-27-2008, 02:51 AM

I have just started using the MS in Feb. of this year and I do like it and have had no problems with it. I just put another one on my second shaft that I had made which was turned down from 13mm to 12mm and it is great. I have nothing but good things to say about it and have recommended them to everyone that will listen. I can put really nice spin on the ball but I do not break with it.

whitewolf
04-27-2008, 06:57 AM

It could be that whoever puts the tip on don't know what they are doing, especially due to the fact that you are now on a 3rd tip so quickly.