PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to the POOLPLAYER and forum member Southpaw

corvette1340
04-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Happy Birthday to Southpaw. We'll be out in Athens tonight if anyone wants free drinks on me all night.

JAM
04-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Happy Birthday to Southpaw. We'll be out in Athens tonight if anyone wants free drinks on me all night.

You are hopeless and absolutely a waste of time.

JAM

corvette1340
04-26-2008, 07:50 AM
You are hopeless and absolutely a waste of time.

JAM

Southpaw has won several regional Viking amateur events and it is his birthday. He is also very well respected in the pool community as a lot of people here will attest to. Is he somehow a lesser person than beetle or the others you have wished Happy Birthday to? I dont get it.

JAM
04-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Southpaw has won several regional Viking amateur events and it is his birthday. He is also very well respected in the pool community as a lot of people here will attest to. Is he somehow a lesser person than beetle or the others you have wished Happy Birthday to? I dont get it.

I am positive that you get it, so much so that I feel no need to elaborate.

JAM

corvette1340
04-26-2008, 07:53 AM
I am positive that you get it, so much so that I feel no need to elaborate.

JAM

no, you felt the need to purposely hijack a thread because of your squabble with me when I was wishing a friend and avid pool player a happy birthday. Im sure Southpaw appreciates it too.

Southpaw
04-26-2008, 07:54 AM
I guess its all my fault....I should have been born on April 20th....then this thread wouldnt be such a big deal. Thanks for the happy Bday Vette.

Southpaw

JAM
04-26-2008, 07:57 AM
no, you felt the need to purposely hijack a thread because of your squabble with me when I was wishing a friend and avid pool player a happy birthday. Im sure Southpaw appreciates it too.

LOL! Man, this is rich.

Less than 20 minutes ago, you wrote that I have contributed non-pool-related posts to the Main Forum, and you listed the ones that I wished AzBilliard Discussion Forum members a happy birthday as being non-pool-related. Immediately thereafter your proclamation of my non-pool-related self, you initiate this birthday thread. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Happy Birthday, Southpaw, BTW.

JAM

Neil
04-26-2008, 07:59 AM

corvette1340
04-26-2008, 08:00 AM
LOL! Man, this is rich.

Less than 20 minutes ago, you wrote that I have contributed non-pool-related posts to the Main Forum, and you listed the ones that I wished AzBilliard Discussion Forum members a happy birthday as being non-pool-related. Immediately thereafter your proclamation of my non-pool-related self, you initiate this birthday thread. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Happy Birthday, Southpaw, BTW.

JAM

you are the hyprocite. I have always said that a little NPR, such as this is fine. READ MY COMMENTS before you post. When you do this it makes you look silly.

corvette1340
04-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Have a happy birthday Poolplayer and Southpaw.

lol, twins.

!Smorgass Bored
04-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Today is my father's birthday, his 85th birthday. Of course, he died two years ago, but it's still his birthday, but I guess there won't be any cake & ice cream.
I think I'll celebrate with some Jack Daniels.
Doug
( Happy Birthday to the 83,000,000 people that were born today and are still alive. I hope we don't start a thread for each one ) :)

stick8
04-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Yo!! Happy day there southpaw!!!have a good one but you guys be safe as i want you'all to play golf with me. the 18 may.and this guy {JAM] semes he just wants to argue!!!must live a lonley life!!!STICK :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Neil
04-26-2008, 08:09 AM

corvette1340
Today is my father's birthday, his 85th birthday. Of course, he died two years ago, but it's still his birthday, but I guess there won't be any cake & ice cream.
I think I'll celebrate with some Jack Daniels.
Doug
( Happy Birthday to the 83,000,000 people that were born today and are still alive. I hope we don't start a thread for each one ) :)

Smorg,
we'll toast a JD shot to your dads memory tonight.

Southpaw
Yo!! Happy day there southpaw!!!have a good one but you guys be safe as i want you'all to play golf with me. the 18 may.and this guy {JAM] semes he just wants to argue!!!must live a lonley life!!!STICK :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks Stick. You should come to Athens and go out with us tonight. Tell Mrs. Stick you are staying with me...she wont mind ;) ;)

Southpaw

corvette1340
04-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Why must you be so instigative? I have no problem with birthday wishes or prayers for a sick member. If you can't see the difference, which only takes a little common sense, then that is your loss. Why don't you try getting along with people instead of always trying to be drama queen and the center of attention? It's not very becoming. I bet your two friends really like you turning their birthday thread into some more of your infighting. Shame on you!

wtf? Southpaw IS the poolplayer and he is respected on this board. I was gonna start a birthday thread for him anyway since he started one for me. And since when did I become a drama queen? I will voice my opinions on anything just like you or any other poster.

stick8
04-26-2008, 08:24 AM
wtf? Southpaw IS the poolplayer and he is respected on this board. I was gonna start a birthday thread for him anyway since he started one for me. And since when did I become a drama queen? I will voice my opinions on anything just like you or any other poster.
BUMP!!!! bump!!!! and that is all i have to say about that!!!! :D :D :D :D

!Smorgass Bored
04-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Smorg,
we'll toast a JD shot to your dads memory tonight.

Thanks, I drink Jack Daniels every morning, strictly for medicinal purposes. It stops that nagging morning cough and clears my throat, allowing me to sing more clearly.

This is my favorite song, especially the WHOA-WHOA part (that's also where the listeners, audience or neighbors usually join in loudly with their WHOA-WHOA's) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyBcHUe4WeQ

Doug
( I was so popular that wouldn't let me sing anymore on Karaoke night.....due to the crowds )

frankncali
04-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Have a happy birthday Poolplayer and Southpaw.

Just one guy, Southpaw.

frankncali
04-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Happy Birthday Southpaw.

Athens should be put on alert if you guys are hitting it tonight!

Dont forget to take some pics and post them.

frank

bud green
04-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Happy Birthday!

Sucks I didn't meet you guys when I lived in Athens for two years. I even had a 6 acre private pond (no neighbors) we could of partied at on Double Bridges Road for awhile. Bruce B was going to come fish, but I ended up going back to Cali.

corvette1340
04-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Happy Birthday!

Sucks I didn't meet you guys when I lived in Athens for two years. I even had a 6 acre private pond (no neighbors) we could of partied at on Double Bridges Road for awhile. Bruce B was going to come fish, but I ended up going back to Cali.

lol, that's all Bruce does now, fish and drink. Could have been a world champion too.

frankncali
04-26-2008, 09:44 AM
lol, that's all Bruce does now, fish and drink. Could have been a world champion too.

I have known Bruce for a long long time and I have no problem saying that I honestly think he could have been one of the best.

Amazing at times on the table and amazing that you couldnt get him motivated at others. Hell I had to make him get a drivers license and he was about 20!

I still like the guy though. I remember when he was fairly innocent. No drinking at all.

corvette1340
04-26-2008, 09:49 AM
I have known Bruce for a long long time and I have no problem saying that I honestly think he could have been one of the best.

Amazing at times on the table and amazing that you couldnt get him motivated at others. Hell I had to make him get a drivers license and he was about 20!

I still like the guy though. I remember when he was fairly innocent. No drinking at all.

oh yeah, I still love bruce and would do anything for him, but when you look up the word lazy it should have his picture there. He will turn down games that we are trying to stake him at for some reason, or he wont go to any big tournaments even if we are going to put him in. I think it has something to do with all the big names once fearing him as one of the best and now they give him no respect. I don't think he wants to take a chance on losing.

frankncali
04-26-2008, 10:33 AM
oh yeah, I still love bruce and would do anything for him, but when you look up the word lazy it should have his picture there. He will turn down games that we are trying to stake him at for some reason, or he wont go to any big tournaments even if we are going to put him in. I think it has something to do with all the big names once fearing him as one of the best and now they give him no respect. I don't think he wants to take a chance on losing.

Good chance that you are correct. We were in MN once and BB was playing a guy. After they got done the guy said he didn't mind donating to a future champion. BB had played pretty good on him but nothing out of the ordinary. Everyone watching was talking about how it was that they had never heard of BB.
They are probably still wondering what the hell happened to him and if it was a fluke.

We used to spend alot of time together and we each know each others families and stuff like that. I took my dad to watch BB play once. He knew I played and we had played a few times. I kept telling him that I was no where near BB. After watching for about 30 Minutes I went over and asked him what I thought and he said simply .. "your right, your no where near that kid". He then asked why he wasnt out playing on tour and making a shot at it.

I still have hope that one day something happens in pool that fuels him to take a shot. I still remember him running 5 racks on my buddy in a race to five when he was 15-16. Like it was a walk in the park

muttley76
04-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Happy Birthday Southpaw! Hope you guys toss back a couple for me tonight. And Vette, and Frank, boy are you guys right. I don't think he plays at all any more. At least when I lived there he and I beat em around a few times a week. I would give a toe or two to have the talent he has. Sigh. As soon as my wing mends, I'll have to come over and raise some hell-Matt

Southpaw
04-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks everyone...we just got back from our night out in Athens...man what a great time. I think Corvette and I are going on the road playing Beer-Pong. Thanks again.

Southpaw