PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you're opponent starts slamming away without any brain activity.

Newton
04-26-2008, 05:39 PM
This have most likely been discussed earlier but now the last drop has landed and I don't bother doing a whole search:

We have all our good and bad days, but some times playing the same friend or "sparring" partner, we sometimes have good and bad days.

I was just wondering, what do you do when the following occurs:

1:You start you game (9ball) and plays horrible. You're opponent plays good and are in perfect "shape" and pool mode. Which ever ball he's looking or thinking at goes. He's having the evening of the month kicking and knocking balls all the way.
2: you start picking up in between the run outs of you're opponent and feel that, "Hey, I might do some balls today even if I feel crap".
3: You start running out and feeling "Hey I'm going to get this guy" even if you are way behind.
4: Doing so, you're opponent start getting in to the "bad mood" and not looking to much on the shots. He knocks in balls which is far out and not considered good shots. He misses and you feel that the game is ;

*Either you do like me end up feeling like crap and play bad as well.........!
Result- > You might win and off you go. I usually loose concentration during these matches and for me I'm really wondering ; Do I bother going back for the same place? I guess it's like playing you're long time friend..

*Keep cool, judging the opponent and doing all the bells and whistles correct.This is the usual "Pool mode" but then you are not very friendly....

What's you're solution ? Going against or with the stream even if it's you're buddy which cant's stick to just pool?

N

olauzon
04-26-2008, 06:05 PM
This have most likely been discussed earlier but now the last drop has landed and I don't bother doing a whole search:

We have all our good and bad days, but some times playing the same friend or "sparring" partner, we sometimes have good and bad days.

I was just wondering, what do you do when the following occurs:

1:You start you game (9ball) and plays horrible. You're opponent plays good and are in perfect "shape" and pool mode. Which ever ball he's looking or thinking at goes. He's having the evening of the month kicking and knocking balls all the way.
2: you start picking up in between the run outs of you're opponent and feel that, "Hey, I might do some balls today even if I feel crap".
3: You start running out and feeling "Hey I'm going to get this guy" even if you are way behind.
4: Doing so, you're opponent start getting in to the "bad mood" and not looking to much on the shots. He knocks in balls which is far out and not considered good shots. He misses and you feel that the game is ;

*Either you do like me end up feeling like crap and play bad as well.........!
Result- > You might win and off you go. I usually loose concentration during these matches and for me I'm really wondering ; Do I bother going back for the same place? I guess it's like playing you're long time friend..

*Keep cool, judging the opponent and doing all the bells and whistles correct.This is the usual "Pool mode" but then you are not very friendly....

What's you're solution ? Going against or with the stream even if it's you're buddy which cant's stick to just pool?

N

could not loose concentration at that point. he's as good as dead, so i might practice some odd cb routes for shits and giggles and either humiliate or give a few shots away.

ps. hey, i'll be in hedmark end of june feshen. since i doubt there's one (1) pool table there; show up, fesh and drink some awsome moonshine with us!

JimS
04-26-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't believe you are EVER allowed to screw around at the pool table. Play pool or put the cue away.